most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #81
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14587 14587
 Bkjj11 said:
Funny how when ppl get dissed they say "ether'd" and not takeover'd

Smarten up hov
 7 years ago '10        #82
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
 larrylegendgrif said:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #83
StoopidVillinz 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,420 | Props total: 6241 6241
Ether
if you listen to the Dhaven and jazO interviews its exactly what he did 2 dame
 7 years ago '06        #84
knowledge24 
space
space
space
$265 | Props total: 56 56
 thisisgame said:
To this day I still think Ether is the more vicious diss track. Takeover had some good lines but it didnt go at Nas as hard as Nas went at Jay.
Agreed. Both tracks were on point, but to me, Nas just had that extra venom that Jay didn't quite have. Also, I think the Ether beat was just molded with the lyrics very well and wasn't a typical Nas-type beat, thus making it more interesting. Takeover felt more like just another Jay track to me with some nice lines.
 11-16-2010, 10:46 AM         #85
mprjxl  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
Such :bsflag:. Takeover didn't leave Nas calling radio stations with tears in his eyes like this

*gunshots* f**k JAY-Z
 11-16-2010, 10:53 AM         #86
.aviator.man.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 7 years ago '07        #87
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
That Tupac diss in the chorus was all that was really needed to discard the camel in that battle.
 7 years ago '04        #88
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
eminem murdered you on your own s**t
 7 years ago '09        #89
NLSP42 151 heat pts151
space
space
$7,826 | Props total: 8934 8934
I never understood how people think Nas won.....Ether is a great song and a great diss....something that still occasionally shows up on my ipod......but Is That Yo b**ch was a better diss to Nas than Takeover.....which I think was a better diss than Ether
 7 years ago '05        #90
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,198 | Props total: 15716 15716
 larrylegendgrif said:

[pic - click to view]

Perfect...
 7 years ago '10        #91
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
When it comes to this, people aren't entitled to their opinions.

Anyways, if you grew up making "your momma", or "you so ugly" jokes, yeah I can understand why anyone would undeniably gravitate towards Ether.

Takeover was beyond that lyrically. Jay's bars are pretty much calling out and dismissing the career of Nas which at the point was sub-par after dropping a classic. So for guys getting all pissy in this great debate, chill out. It's not far fetched either way.
 7 years ago '04        #92
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
This cat is literally trying to rewrite history in front of you all. That's pretty bold cause he's basically using his spotlight as leverage. All this time and you're just saying something? It's pretty much been a full generation in Hip Hop years since then...so he knows what he's doing. I remember that battle, I remember heads geeked out taking sides, but everyone knew "Ether" was the blow that ended that beef. Jay tried to stand back up but Nas snuck the death blow in swift and early. Jay made about 2 more disses to Nas after that and Nas wasn't even responding...he knew, and people let him know...it was a done deal.

"Ether" was the reason Nas is still eating after "Takeover", cause "Takeover" ruined lives. Dude trying to clear up the only blemish on his career and I guess he's trying to get the new heads to accept this nonsense. Nas is the reason Jay don't name names to this day, don't get it confused.

Last edited by Rufus The Stunt; 11-16-2010 at 12:19 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #93
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 Rufus The Stunt said:
This cat is literally trying to rewrite history in front of you all. That's pretty bold cause he's basically using his spotlight as leverage. All this time and you're just saying something? It's pretty much been a full generation in Hip Hop years since then...so he knows what he's doing. I remember that battle, I remember heads geeked out taking sides, but everyone knew "Ether" was the blow that ended that beef. Jay tried to stand back up but Nas snuck the death blow in swift and early. Jay made about 2 more disses to Nas after that and Nas wasn't even responding...he knew, and people let him know...it was a done deal.

"Ether" was the reason Nas is still eating after "Takeover", cause "Takeover" ruined lives. Dude trying to clear up the only blemish on his career and I guess he's trying to get the new heads to accept this nonsense. Nas is the reason Jay don't name names to this day, don't get it confused.
Rewrite history?

Sounds like what you're doing. Nas put a diss before and after Ether. Same amount as Jay.

Takeover
Super Ugly
BP2

H to Homo
Ether
Last Real * Alive
 7 years ago '09        #94
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,215 | Props total: 19317 19317
 A.O.™ said:
some of you n*ggas is so f**king stupid it makes no sense responding to half your s**t...

Its a DISS SONG, so if he feels its a BETTER SONG, then obviously he thinks its a better DISS song... dumb a.ss..

As far as all you homotional a.ss n*ggas talking about Ether was made up of all lies..

"Thats a 1 hot album every ten year average"

Illmatic > Reasonable Doubt
It was written > Vol.1
I am... > Vol.2
Nastradamus > Vol.3

all 4 of Nas albums at the time were better than Jay-z... but Jay-z had "Big Pimpin" and "Hard knock life" and "Do it again" so n*ggas let commercial songs blind them to the fact that aside from RD and Vol.2 all Jay-Z's albums were trash at the moment.

"You didnt get a coin you was getting f**ked then"

Actually Nas went on the record and said he didnt want Jay to use him in none of his songs because he felt jay was trash but if he gonna eat off of it f**k it.

"Fell from top 10 to not mentioned at all"

Really Nas is like Big and Pac imprinted in this hip hop worlds top 10 list, and mostly top 5.

Whose the one lying?

Jay-Z is ugly
Jay-Z does look like a Camel
Jay-Z did steal his name from Jaz-O
Jay-Z is a pus*y,stan, a fake... loook at his relationship with Dame the n*gga who made him, look how he jumps on every record thats hot
Ether was that s**t to make his soul burn slow its damn near 10 years later and he still bitter about the s**t..
i agree with the others but vol 3 is better album than nastradamus
 7 years ago '07        #95
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4812 4812
 Rufus The Stunt said:

did u miss nas an jay on b.e.t talkin about it?
nas made plenty more disses back.nas wanted to lynch a jayz figure at summerjam and got shut down
jay neva made a response to ether either
jay neva named names b4 ether or after it
 7 years ago '04        #96
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
I didn't say anything wrong. Reread that sentence (and I was talking about diss tracks).

After Ether Jay dropped Super Ugly and BP2

All Nas did was speak on the issue from his POV on Last Real n*gga Alive. He had already moved on by then
 11-16-2010, 12:35 PM         #97
The Greatest!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this n*gga smokin CRACK!!!!
 11-16-2010, 12:37 PM         #98
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
Rewrite history?

Sounds like what you're doing. Nas put a diss before and after Ether. Same amount as Jay.

Takeover
Super Ugly
BP2

H to Homo
Ether
Last Real * Alive
Wrong there are like 3 more songs, that he released that same day that didnt have Nas name in em.. talking about his God Son tattoo.. stop slobbing knob..
 7 years ago '04        #99
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,914 | Props total: 634 634
 A.O.™ said:
Wrong there are like 3 more songs, that he released that same day that didnt have Nas name in em.. talking about his God Son tattoo.. stop slobbing knob..
word? what other three? cause i dont remember that. i kinda felt those three of each he named were the significant ones. yall NY n*ggas must be gettin exclusives or something....
 7 years ago '04        #100
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,216 | Props total: 2217 2217
Looking back on it, Takeover was a better diss track overall, but only a portion was directed at Nas....Ether was completely directed at Jay and was really good...

If i had to choose, i'd have to say Nas won that...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
240 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
77 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy