My Stomach Hurts Sometimes After Lifting - Any Suggestions?

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
6812 pageviews
10 comments

lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,889 | Props total: 2001 2001
My Stomach Hurts Sometimes After Lifting - Any Suggestions?

I have been trying to include cardio into my workout and tend to do it after I lift. The time I spend lifting normally varies from an hour to 1 1/2 hours and then I try to do 30 minutes on the elliptical or running. The problem is I make it about 10 minutes into cardio and my stomach/side begins to hurt. It is always the same location (probably 2-5 inches to the left of my bellybutton).

The other weird thing is it doesn't hurt every time I do cardio but just some of the days. It makes it tough to keep going because it makes me feel like I want to throw up. The days it does happen it is normally gone by the time I get back to my apartment (10-20 minutes). image

Any suggestions what it could be?

10 comments for "My Stomach Hurts Sometimes After Lifting - Any Suggestions?"

11-15-2010, 10:59 PM         #2
MrAmazing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Like a cramp?

How much water do you drink a day?
 7 years ago '04        #3
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101 OP
space
space
I normally take one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/NALGENE-Tritan-1-Quart-BPA-Free-Bottle/dp/B001NCDE8O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1289886072&sr=8-6
with me to class and drink it throughout my day. I normally finish that by the time I get to the gym and will grab some water in between each exercise.
 11-16-2010, 02:18 AM         #4
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah sound like cramps.

Maybe goin overkill on the Water at one time
 7 years ago '04        #5
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
probably cramps, how much time between your last meal and your workout session?
 7 years ago '04        #6
space
space
 TheMagicMan said:
probably cramps, how much time between your last meal and your workout session?
Normally it is anywhere between 2 to 5 hours. For example, today I ate breakfast at 1030am when I got up and class is over at 240 and I will be at the gym at 3pm.

Some days I eat dinner at 6pm and I am at the gym by 830.
 7 years ago '04        #7
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
What are you eating?
 11-16-2010, 05:38 PM         #8
sooutstanding 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You're doing it wrong. You suppose to do cardio first then lift weights. Eat something super light like a bagel or a small sandwich like peanut butter and jelly. Wait at least 30 mins than start your work out. Don't drink too much while working out either, especially when doing cardio.
 7 years ago '07        #9
dhead_txn 
space
space
$910 | Props total: 31 31
You suppose to do cardio first then lift weights
First off there is not really a right or wrong. If you are trying to get bigger and stronger then you should lift first so that you have more energy to lift heavy weights instead of wasting that energy on cardio. But if you are trying to improve cardio then you should do it first.

I would agree on CRAMPS. More Water and Oxygen. Take deep breaths through your nose. This allows you to absorb more oxygen and keeps your heart rate down. I general try to drink a couple of liters of water per day. Those Nalgene Bottles and most of the new stainless bottles are .5-.75 liter so do the math.

I only get those side cramps when I have first gotten back into doing cardio and seldom ever once i am in shape so.....
 7 years ago '04        #10
space
space
 dhead_txn said:
First off there is not really a right or wrong. If you are trying to get bigger and stronger then you should lift first so that you have more energy to lift heavy weights instead of wasting that energy on cardio. But if you are trying to improve cardio then you should do it first.

I would agree on CRAMPS. More Water and Oxygen. Take deep breaths through your nose. This allows you to absorb more oxygen and keeps your heart rate down. I general try to drink a couple of liters of water per day. Those Nalgene Bottles and most of the new stainless bottles are .5-.75 liter so do the math.

I only get those side cramps when I have first gotten back into doing cardio and seldom ever once i am in shape so.....

I have heard that about doing cardio second, that is why I do the cardio second. Plus I normally go to the gym to lift, not do cardio because I could run at my place.

The only reason I thought it was weird is because it is only on one side
 11-16-2010, 11:49 PM         #11
Csonic361 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
problems might be ur lifting to much weight,working out to long, or cramps ...drink alot of water if u plan on working out that long..i have a gallon of water withmyslef all day
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
20 comments
1 day ago