Nov 15 - 6-Year-Old AIDS Orphan A-Long Lives Alone In Guangxi-Pics/Long read...

most viewed right now
 NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
47 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
7379 pageviews
70 comments

supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
Nov 15 - 6-Year-Old AIDS Orphan A-Long Lives Alone In Guangxi-Pics/Long read...

Guangxi 6-year-old AIDS orphan lives alone, eats rice and vegetables without oil or salt yet still eats with relish

[pic - click to view]

In your childhood, what were you doing? Begging daddy to buy a toy, being pressed by mommy to learn a foreign language, taking the pocket change that grandma secretly gave you, sharing the bubblegum you just bought with your friends… When you couldn’t get what you wanted, did you sigh like a little adult: “It sucks being a child!” However, A-Long wouldn’t. By himself, he washes his laundry and makes his meals. Alone, he feeds the chickens and raises the dog. Alone, he studies and learns to read. Alone, he goes to sleep. A-Long never feels it sucks being himself, even though he is only 6-years-old this year.

[pic - click to view]

A one person “home”

Niuchepin Village at the foot of Liuzhou City’s Malu Mountain is a village built on the mountain, the cement road beginning at the foot of the mountain and spreading upward, both sides lined with buildings. The further up the mountain you go, the narrower the road becomes, and the scale of the buildings too become smaller. Halfway up the mountain, all that is left is a dusty mud road, with weeds all around. At the end of the road are 3 casually built single story cement block cottages that don’t even have windows. November 2, accompanied by a staff worker of the village committee, this reporter saw the scene at the top [end of this road].

This here is 6-year-old A-Long’s home, a one person “home”.

[pic - click to view]

Amongst them, one stand-alone small building, owing to having a “stove” made of several piled up cement block blocks and a ceramic bed pan installed as a “toilet” and thus its “facilities” were relatively complete, was A-long’s “bedroom”. For the other two connected buildings, dilapidated wooden doors symbolically them away, though there were no locks. As it is understood, A-Long once lived in one of those [two] buildings, but because his father passed away there, no one has gone near those two buildings since. A-Long himself has not entered them again, only often walking back and forth in front of the door. “Is it because you feel your dad is still inside sleeping?” A-Long did not reply, hesitating for a moment before running away.

[pic - click to view]

In front of the small building is a very large open area. It is the main area A-Long spends most of his time normally, and the one thing that he does the most is embracing the dog he calls “Lao Hei” ["Old Black", maybe like "Blackie"], staring blankly at the road that leads to the outside world. After his father passed away, A-Long has yet to go down the mountain again.

Seeing an uncle and auntie [not related, often simply means an older man and woman] he recognizes from far away, A-Long appears very happy. The village committee’s staff worker takes out a box of cookies/crackers and bananas, very naturally places them in the room, and warns A-Long not to eat the cookies as a meal, this obviously not being the first time giving A-Long something. Hearing what uncle said, A-Long adorably nodded his head, and grinned.

[pic - click to view]

A one person future

The staff worker told this reporter that A-Long’s situation is really worrisome, but all the village committee can do is guarantee that he doesn’t have to worry about food and clothing at the moment. Although they have already helped him apply for social security/welfare benefits, 70 yuan a month plus the support of some kind-hearted people alone is far from enough for A-long to grow up on. “No food to eat or clothes to wear, that we can buy. But A-Long’s medical care, education, and upbringing, what we can do is not much.”

So what are other government departments doing?

[pic - click to view]

A relevant representative of Liuzhou City’s disease control center HIV prevention department told this reporter that with regards to A-Long’s medical condition, as long as it involves anti-HIV medication it is free, but they cannot do anything for any medication outside of this.

The city’s civil affairs bureau’s staff delivered to A-Long two quilts, as well as a social security/welfare benefits account passbook. The staff said, what A-Long applied for is rural social security, which is 70 yuan every month right now, but will increase to 100 yuan a month next year. Other than that, they will also often send A-Long some living supplies, guaranteeing that he will not starve or suffer the cold. However, owning to A-Long’s family situation being relatively complicated, the social welfare organization is unable to adopt him, only able to continue communicating with A-Long’s relatives, f!ghting for A-Long’s rights and interests.

[pic - click to view]

article is super long..so you can read the rest in the link below...

[pic - click to view]

6-Year-Old AIDS Orphan A-Long Lives Alone In Guangxi – chinaSMACK

An update was later added to the QQ photo story:

Latest update: There is already a kind-hearted couple planning to adopt A-Long and give him a warm home.

site is in chinese..but it looks like things are looking better for the lil guy.

[pic - click to view]

http://news.qq.com/a/20101109/000854.htm

Last edited by supervillain; 11-16-2010 at 09:08 AM..

70 comments for "Nov 15 - 6-Year-Old AIDS Orphan A-Long Lives Alone In Guangxi-Pics/Long read..."

7 years ago '08        #2
foestacks 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$5,736 | Props total: 1216 1216
wow thats just amazing props to him for keeping it up makes me grateful as f**k man wow :thx:
 7 years ago '05        #3
nahsuhmeanz 
space
space
$9,949 | Props total: 2751 2751
damn thats crazy. he gonna be havin free cribs durin puberty
 11-16-2010, 01:24 AM         #4
uknohoo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man...my problems don't mean sh*t compared to this.
 7 years ago '08        #5
big leo 415 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,474 | Props total: 9 9
 uknohoo said:
:iagree:
 7 years ago '10        #6
murd410 31 heat pts31
space
space
$3,946 | Props total: 351 351
mad respect for him more of a man then half the adults i know
 7 years ago '05        #7
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,346 | Props total: 346 346
damn this kids a soldier
 7 years ago '10        #8
kennboy1 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$3,584 | Props total: 1 1
Crazy, I hope he ends up alright, much respect!!!!!
 7 years ago '10        #9
kennboy1 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$3,584 | Props total: 1 1
 MPLSallstar said:
This kid is a serious, serious inspiration. I hope there is some we I can donate to this kid, and all funds actually get to him.

Yeah man. :(, I can't even lie, I teared up when I seen this kids house. I'm looking at this 88-keyboard in front of me, the s**t in my room, and it hit me.. because of how ungrateful I am for the life I have. I know most people are this way, but I can only take responsibility for myself.
Agreed, it's kinda sad when you think about it. We all should be grateful for what we have, me too!
 7 years ago '05        #10
doubletrouble™ 
space
space
$1,634 | Props total: 22 22
 uknohoo said:
------
 11-16-2010, 04:50 AM         #11
Icemouth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no thanks.
 7 years ago '04        #12
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,854 | Props total: 934 934
 MPLSallstar said:
Yeah man. :(, I can't even lie, I teared up when I seen this kids house. I'm looking at this 88-keyboard in front of me, the s**t in my room, and it hit me.. because of how ungrateful I am for the life I have. I know most people are this way, but I can only take responsibility for myself.
You ain't the only one, this s**t hit me kind of hard. The world really is f**ked up but this kid ain't b**chin' about it, he's doing s**t that most grown men couldn't handle.
 7 years ago '05        #13
edote 
space
space
$1,704 | Props total: 324 324
Let's hook this little n*gga up
 11-16-2010, 06:50 AM         #14
CK Canega 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there should be a charity to raise funds for this kid, he deserves a childhood too.. I would love to give him my old gi joes :D
 7 years ago '07        #15
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479

Man my nephew just turned six and he can barely tie his shoes and this little man lives by himself!!!!
 7 years ago '05        #16
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,824 | Props total: 3438 3438
Moving, really is...This f**kin world, sometimes I just don't know what to think.
 7 years ago '10        #17
ThRoWeD MaN LaN 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,305 | Props total: 1497 1497
Enough sad comments so I guess I don't need to add mine... but dude is a lil G

edote said:
Let's hook this little n*gga up
word... if y'all hooked this s**t up... I'd put in
 7 years ago '08        #18
MrGetBusy 
space
space
$1,170 | Props total: 2 2
Bless His Heart
 7 years ago '08        #19
daffy_1 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,714 | Props total: 70 70
When you have inner peace you can accomplish anything and live without fear this kid is a perfect example
 7 years ago '08        #20
supervillain 244 heat pts244 OP
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
An update was later added to the QQ photo story:

Latest update: There is already a kind-hearted couple planning to adopt A-Long and give him a warm home.

site is in chinese..but it looks like things are looking better for the lil guy.

Home         

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
255 comments
2 days ago