most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #141
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,333 | Props total: 1658 1658
Oh, man, I was really looking forward to this album. I haven't finished listening just yet (on So Appalled) now; I hope it gets better from this point on. All of the Lights was definitely overproduced; Monster is this album's Achilles heel so far (i.e. "Hello Brooklyn 2.0" on Jay's American Gangster).

Gorgeous was cool, reminded me of I Wonder a bit. Dark Fantasy was cool and Power is my song but that was the lead single so
 7 years ago '04        #142
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,010 | Props total: 226 226
 AbsLikeJesus said:
What's terrible about this album is that we saw Kanye open up his shell and almost got a glimpse at that "perfect" artist only to realize that he is still scared about what people think and wants to appeal to the dumb masses. If Kanye took out Monster and So Appalled, this would have been a beautiful album and I honestly would have put it above a lot of albums released this decade.

But...

Even with Kanye opening up his true artistic and poetic side, he's still scared. He left Monster and So Appalled on the album to make sure people heard those tracks so that he can perform them live because...well lets face it, these tracks bang live (check youtube). What he should have done is kept them off and kept performing them live to promote them and had Moma's Boyfriend and Chain Heavy like mentioned earlier. Add a beautifully artistic beat and some soul and I would have gave this album a 9.5/10 (-.5 for blame game).
Blame Game is the s**t man... One of the best tracks musically on the album.. easy and period..
 7 years ago '04        #143
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,897 | Props total: 2564 2564
musically, this album is unbelievable
 7 years ago '05        #144
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
Nothing wrong with So Appalled; I actually think the beat's pretty dope and the features are cool.
 7 years ago '04        #145
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,816 | Props total: 17204 17204
 Left Hook said:
Nothing wrong with So Appalled; I actually think the beat's pretty dope and the features are cool.
maybe the fact that the s**t was released like 2 yrs ago minus the other verses
 7 years ago '05        #146
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12553 12553
Nobody liked Gorgeous? One of my favorite songs on the album.. I thought Cuddy's hook on the song was amazing(only thing he's actually good for honestly) along with the guitars..
 11-09-2010, 09:51 PM         #147
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:
at you making Kayne out to being brilliant or having a amazing poetic side.

Beats were on point, everything else was a DUD.
He had verses that were personal and on point from all aspects. Other songs, his verses were simply something that fit the song and weren't worth bragging about on paper (like All of the Lights) but they fit the song and made it sound nice musically. This is part of the fusion of hip hop and soul and some completely new genre. Just don't compare it to CD/LR/G as those are mainly hip hop. This is a great album for the genre that it's hitting.
 11-09-2010, 09:51 PM         #148
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 erickonasis said:
I'll never understand why the age of a song makes it any less memorable.
 7 years ago '05        #149
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12553 12553
 erickonasis said:
this is the reason why you hate the album most likely, for the simple fact that you over listened to those good friday tracks and you thought these were songs that weren't gonna be on the album..
 7 years ago '04        #150
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,369 | Props total: 6388 6388
i think people problem is by the time the album was leaked they heard most of the songs already
 11-09-2010, 09:52 PM         #151
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have a copy ordered on Amazon.
I have a copy ordered on iTunes.
I'm waiting for Turntable Lab to have the LP version ready for me to cop.

I'm ready.
 7 years ago '04        #152
space
space
 Bronx Goes Hard said:
I'll never understand why the age of a song makes it any less memorable.
its just nothing to get hyped about like the song is on some new s**t....s**ts old as dirt
 7 years ago '05        #153
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 erickonasis said:
I never listened to any of the leaks; only song I listened to from the album prior to the leak was Power. It's new to me, so it's good by my book. I mean it's not outstanding, but it's cool. Just heard Devil In A New Dress as well... Damn it, the beat bangs.
 11-09-2010, 09:55 PM         #154
Shakespeare  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Other than "How I Got Over", it's easily one of the greatest rap releases in a long time. It just isn't nearly as good as his first two albums, and it's because he's A POP ARTIST NOW. Honestly, why can't people understand that?
 7 years ago '04        #155
space
space
 Hold That said:
this is the reason why you hate the album most likely, for the simple fact that you over listened to those good friday tracks and you thought these were songs that weren't gonna be on the album..
Not really...i mean i may have appreicated it a little more had i not heard most of the s**t but this really is his worst album IMO and thats not actually a real bad thing cause he has some great albums. Onl 2 songs that do it for me are gorgeous and devil
 11-09-2010, 09:56 PM         #156
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AbsLikeJesus said:
He had verses that were personal and on point from all aspects. Other songs, his verses were simply something that fit the song and weren't worth bragging about on paper (like All of the Lights) but they fit the song and made it sound nice musically. This is part of the fusion of hip hop and soul and some completely new genre. Just don't compare it to CD/LR/G as those are mainly hip hop. This is a great album for the genre that it's hitting.
"He had verses that were personal and on point from all aspects."

Which?

Album was jam-packed with features which is another k!ller.

CD showed promise from track 1-3 then completely took a turn for disaster.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 11-09-2010 at 09:59 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #157
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,968 | Props total: 7 7
Rolling Stone gives Kanye West new cd perfect 5-star rating

i guess i will give it a chance now

By Rob Sheffield
2010 11 22
When Kanye West sings about "jerk-offs that’ll never take work off," you’d best believe he means himself. Being crazy is this guy’s job, and judging from the sound of his music, business is booming. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is his most maniacally inspired music yet, coasting on heroic levels of dementia, pimping on top of Mount Olympus. Yeezy goes for the grandeur of stadium rock, the all-devouring sonics of hip-hop, the erotic gloss of disco, and he goes for all of it, all the time. Nobody halfway sane could have made this album.
Kanye West Gives Surprise Performance on Delta Flight
Last time, Kanye went minimal for the electro melancholia of 808s & Heartbreak. But on Fantasy, he gets ridiculously maximal, blowing past all the rules of hip-hop and pop, even though, for the past half-decade, he’s been the one inventing the rules. There are hip-hop epics, R&B ballads, alien electronics, prog-rock samples, surprise guests from Bon Iver to Fergie to Chris Rock, even a freaking Elton John piano solo. It’s his best album, but it’s more than that — it’s also a rock-star manifesto for a downsizing world. At a time when we all get hectored about lowering our expectations, surrendering our attention spans, settling for less, West wants us to demand more.
Watch: Kanye West's Surprise Visit to Rolling Stone
Nobody else is making music this daring and weird, from the spooky space funk of "Gorgeous" to the King Crimson-biting "Power" to the paranoid staccato strings of "Monster." Nearly six minutes into "Runaway," long after the song has already sealed itself in your brain, the sound cuts out and you think it’s over. Then there’s a plinking piano, the feedback of an electric guitar plugging in, some "Strawberry Fields"-style cellos and Yeezy himself singing a poignant Robert Fripp-style solo through his vocoder. There’s no way it should work, but it keeps rolling for three more minutes without breaking the spell.
Photos: Jay-Z and Eminem's NYC Blowout With Kanye West, Chris Martin, Drake, and Nicki Minaj
Coming off a string of much-publicized emotional meltdowns, Yeezy is taking a deeper look inside the dark corners of his twisted psyche. He has s3x and romance on his mind, but he comes clean about his male angst like never before. In confessions like "Runaway" and "Blame Game," he honestly struggles to figure out why he has to be such a douchebag. Yet the songs are also his funniest ever, with Kanye showing off lethal wit on the mic: In "Dark Fantasy," he rhymes "mercy, mercy me, that Murcielago" with "diablo," "bravado" and "My chick in that new Phoebe Philo/So much head, I woke up in Sleepy Hollow."
Kanye Says He Understands George Bush's 'Disgust'
There’s a famous story about Queen making "Bohemian Rhapsody": Whenever the band thought the song was finished, Freddie Mercury would say, "I’ve added a few more ‘Galileos’ here, dear." But nobody can out-Galileo Kanye. With Fantasy, he makes everybody else on the radio sound laughably meek, but he’s also throwing down a challenge to the audience. Kanye West thinks you’re a moron if you settle for artists who don’t push as hard as he does. And that means pretty much everybody.
 11-09-2010, 10:03 PM         #158
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ Didn't they give Wacka and Cee Lo 4 stars?
 11-09-2010, 10:10 PM         #159
BasedHead  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the leak version i heard sounded awful like somebody recorded all the songs in audacity.. is the retail version out?
 7 years ago '12        #160
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
im still laughing at calling something classicbefore the days over LOL
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
240 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
94 comments
19 hours ago