My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy = CLASSIC

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
109 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #41
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4128 4128
A track by track reaction by me...

1). Dark Fantasy - The intro is perfect... Nicki Minaj, beyond my expectations, sets up this experience rather well... Then, the singing starts, and the music drops in slowly... It's overall an incredible feeling. Then, the beat drops, and it's vintage RZA, with a little Kanye added in.... So, this track is absolutely bananas... Incredible...
9.0 (out of 10)

2). Gorgeous - Really really feeling it... Not even Kid Cudi's non-singing a.ss could ruin it... The beat is pure sickness, and Kanye has gotten really really clever with his lyrics... All in all, it's a great song...

3). Power - Was dope then, still dope now... This is pretty much perfect for Kanye.

4).All of the Lights (interlude) - Its an interlude, so I'm not gonna waste my time talking about it.

5). All of the Lights - Kanye wasn't kidding when he said it would be seamless... Which means, all 20 something features on this song all seemed to have some part to play, and it didn't overwhelm the song... which is incredible, because most posse cuts are just overcrowded with people trying to one-up each other... Such is not the case here...

6). Monster - This song is seriously weak.... I wasn't feeling it then, and I'm definitely not now. Everyone is weak in this... especially Nicki Minaj, when she raps, she just sucks the air out of the room... Overall, I think this song is pretty bad...

7). So Appalled - This song would have been a good b-side track, but this is not an album song... It feels like a mixtape track... Jay-Z is the best thing about this, and really everyone else just sounds lazy and half-assed. Not a bad song, just a rather mediocre one... and, Swizz Beats should be forever banned from rapping....

8). Devil In A New Dress - I remember first hearing this when it was just Kanye's two verses, and loving it... So, how do I feel about it now that I've heard fake-gangster Rick Ross' verse? Well, he's good on it.... He never becomes annoying, even though I am sick of his "boss" persona that I never ever believed in the first place... However, he seems to keep that in check here... before him, the song was a 9.0... Now...

9). Runaway - First compliment: I love the beat, I love the drums he's using, and I love the simplicity of it. Second compliment: Pusha T's verse is bananas... Now, on the flipside... First complaint: The song is too damn long... There are parts where he does these musical flights of fancy, and it is just BORING. Second complaint: Kanye is really really lackluster on here. His verse is really all-kinds-of-lame. Third complaint: The hook is stupid. It just is. Fourth complaint: Did I mention it's too long?

10). Hell of a Life - Just not feeling it. I really don't like the beat, this synth-guitar nonsense sounds like crap. Now, the chorus is better, and saves the song a bit... Kanye's verse lacks something... Honesty, I think... This is another skip-over track.

11). Blame Game - This song is absolutely incredible to me. Kanye has NEVER sounded this genuine on either Graduation or 808's... John Legend's chorus is dope. And, Kanye has upped his game with the flow... This is another case, however, of a song not knowing when to end... And, it continues for another 3 minutes with a long and unfunny little bit that Chris Rock does. But, that doesn't ruin what is, for me, a perfect track...

12). Lost In The World - A definitive album closer... Super dope. However, The intro just takes too frggin' long to get going. But, once it does, it is just an onslaught of insane dopeness for a proceeding 4 minutes.....

13). Who Will Survive In America - Gil Scott Heron is ALWAYS WELCOME... Caps off the experience...

In conclusion: This represents a MAJOR return to form for me. I think this album, however flawed it may be, is his most personal and most honest and genuine album yet... This is the Kanye West I've been hoping would come back... And, he has... Kudos and much props for making an album that is worthy to sit behind the daunting legacy of "College Dropout" & "Late Registration"...

Beats: 9.5
Lyrics: 8.5
Concept: 8.0
Overall: 8.5

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 11-09-2010 at 07:39 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #42
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
I guess I agree with everything except Hell of a Life, I actually like the beat. Sound like some k!ll Bill s**t.
 7 years ago '04        #43
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,876 | Props total: 17416 17416
its ok overall...sucks i heard all these joints ...guess thats why im not impressed
 7 years ago '10        #44
spazzg 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 13 13
where the f**k is the dirty version I'M FIENDIN
 11-09-2010, 07:41 PM         #45
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
adj.
a. Belonging to the highest rank or class.
b. Serving as the established model or standard: a classic example of colonial architecture.
c. Having lasting significance or worth; enduring.
thefreedictionary FTW
 11-09-2010, 07:43 PM         #46
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
A track by track reaction by me...

1). Dark Fantasy - The intro is perfect... Nicki Minaj, beyond my expectations, sets up this experience rather well... Then, the singing starts, and the music drops in slowly... It's overall an incredible feeling. Then, the beat drops, and it's vintage RZA, with a little Kanye added in.... So, this track is absolutely bananas... Incredible...
9.0 (out of 10)

2). Gorgeous - Really really feeling it... Not even Kid Cudi's non-singing a.ss could ruin it... The beat is pure sickness, and Kanye has gotten really really clever with his lyrics... All in all, it's a great song...

3). Power - Was dope then, still dope now... This is pretty much perfect for Kanye.

4).All of the Lights (interlude) - Its an interlude, so I'm not gonna waste my time talking about it.

5). All of the Lights - Kanye wasn't kidding when he said it would be seamless... Which means, all 20 something features on this song all seemed to have some part to play, and it didn't overwhelm the song... which is incredible, because most posse cuts are just overcrowded with people trying to one-up each other... Such is not the case here...

6). Monster - This song is seriously weak.... I wasn't feeling it then, and I'm definitely not now. Everyone is weak in this... especially Nicki Minaj, when she raps, she just sucks the air out of the room... Overall, I think this song is pretty bad...

7). So Appalled - This song would have been a good b-side track, but this is not an album song... It feels like a mixtape track... Jay-Z is the best thing about this, and really everyone else just sounds lazy and half-assed. Not a bad song, just a rather mediocre one... and, Swizz Beats should be forever banned from rapping....

8). Devil In A New Dress - I remember first hearing this when it was just Kanye's two verses, and loving it... So, how do I feel about it now that I've heard fake-gangster Rick Ross' verse? Well, he's good on it.... He never becomes annoying, even though I am sick of his "boss" persona that I never ever believed in the first place... However, he seems to keep that in check here... before him, the song was a 9.0... Now...

9). Runaway - First compliment: I love the beat, I love the drums he's using, and I love the simplicity of it. Second compliment: Pusha T's verse is bananas... Now, on the flipside... First complaint: The song is too damn long... There are parts where he does these musical flights of fancy, and it is just BORING. Second complaint: Kanye is really really lackluster on here. His verse is really all-kinds-of-lame. Third complaint: The hook is stupid. It just is. Fourth complaint: Did I mention it's too long?

10). Hell of a Life - Just not feeling it. I really don't like the beat, this synth-guitar nonsense sounds like crap. Now, the chorus is better, and saves the song a bit... Kanye's verse lacks something... Honesty, I think... This is another skip-over track.

11). Blame Game - This song is absolutely incredible to me. Kanye has NEVER sounded this genuine on either Graduation or 808's... John Legend's chorus is dope. And, Kanye has upped his game with the flow... This is another case, however, of a song not knowing when to end... And, it continues for another 3 minutes with a long and unfunny little bit that Chris Rock does. But, that doesn't ruin what is, for me, a perfect track...

12). Lost In The World - A definitive album closer... Super dope. However, The intro just takes too frggin' long to get going. But, once it does, it is just an onslaught of insane dopeness for a proceeding 4 minutes.....

13). Who Will Survive In America - Gil Scott Heron is ALWAYS WELCOME... Caps off the experience...

In conclusion: This represents a MAJOR return to form for me. I think this album, however flawed it may be, is his most personal and most honest and genuine album yet... This is the Kanye West I've been hoping would come back... And, he has... Kudos and much props for making an album that is worthy to sit behind the daunting legacy of "College Dropout" & "Late Registration"...

Beats: 9.5
Lyrics: 8.5
Concept: 8.0
Overall: 8.5
No disrespect, but your music taste blows.

It's absolutely, positively, unequivocally; garbage.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 11-09-2010 at 07:46 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #47
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
When is this gonna leak?

The Hunger for more 2 that is? couldnt care less about this trash

How many people that put the songs down thinking they were throwaways have done a massive U-Turn?
 7 years ago '04        #48
space
space
i gotta say i like all of the lights a little better now...hated that s**t when i first heard it
 7 years ago '05        #49
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
No disrespect, but your music taste blows.
Thanks for your intelligent contributions to the conversation!!!

Weren't you the one preaching about how "The Happening" is underrated? And, you're questioning my tastes???

Man, f*ck outta here, dude.
 11-09-2010, 07:51 PM         #50
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Thanks for your intelligent contributions to the conversation!!!

Weren't you the one preaching about how "The Happening" is underrated? And, you're questioning my tastes???

Man, f*ck outta here, dude.
Weren't you the one that gave The expendables a 9? Your rating system is retarded.

Yes, The Happening is underrated because of its original concept, which went over lots of peoples heads. You want to be immature and act like i said it was a classic or some sort then continue.

Look at me i can write reviews! I guess that means my opinions = facts

at giving this album a 8.5
 7 years ago '05        #51
JaiMega 
space
space
The Happening is a garbage f**king movie.
 11-09-2010, 07:53 PM         #52
JaeRell  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lyrically... this album isn't even on the level of Graduation. It sounds amazing, but this isn't a classic. "Monster" and "So Appalled" should have been cut and "Mama's Boyfriend" and "Chain Heavy" should have replaced them.
 11-09-2010, 07:53 PM         #53
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaiMega said:
The Happening is a garbage f**king movie.
OK, programmed clown.
 7 years ago '04        #54
space
space
Late Registration >>>>>>>>

None of his albums top that one
 7 years ago '05        #55
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
Weren't you the one that gave The expendables a 9? Your rating system is retarded.

Yes, The Happening is underrated because of its original concept, which went over lots of peoples heads. You want to be immature and act like i said it was a classic or some sort then continue.

Look at me i can write reviews! I guess that means my opinions = facts

at giving this album a 8.5
And, didn't I change my rating to that movie after seeing it a 2nd time? It is in that thread...

Next up, The Happening is an original concept, that doesn't mean that concept is good or is so smart that it went over the heads of the general public... The concept didn't connect with people, because the concept is BAD. It's as simple as that.

Thirdly, when the f*ck did I ever call my opinions fact? I share my opinions, and that is all I'm doing... if you don't like that, you can go somewhere and watch your indie-hipster crap movies and be content...

If you don't like my opinions, at least INTELLIGENTLY explain why you don't like them instead of saying "oh, your tastes suck, because I disagree with you."
 7 years ago '10        #56
spazzg 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 13 13
The n*gga who said the happening is good o wow you down syndrome clown
 11-09-2010, 07:58 PM         #57
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
And, didn't I change my rating to that movie after seeing it a 2nd time? It is in that thread...

Next up, The Happening is an original concept, that doesn't mean that concept is good or is so smart that it went over the heads of the general public... The concept didn't connect with people, because the concept is BAD. It's as simple as that.

Thirdly, when the f*ck did I ever call my opinions fact? I share my opinions, and that is all I'm doing... if you don't like that, you can go somewhere and watch your indie-hipster crap movies and be content...

If you don't like my opinions, at least INTELLIGENTLY explain why you don't like them instead of saying "oh, your tastes suck, because I disagree with you."
I don't review Kanye albums...

And you know i usually always back my s**t up when i criticize.
 7 years ago '05        #58
JaiMega 
space
space
 7 years ago '05        #59
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
I don't review Kanye albums...

And you know i usually always back my s**t up when i criticize.
Then back it up now. Why don't you like the album? I laid out examples of what I liked, and what I didn't like... Now, explain to me WHY you didn't like it? or, just admit you haven't even listened to it, and be content.
 7 years ago '08        #60
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
s**t is f**kin average....Why the f**k would u make a song that's 9 mins long??
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
97 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy