My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy = CLASSIC

most viewed right now
 164
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 125
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 122
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 79
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #361
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$8,325 | Props total: 2476 2476
yeah this s**t is fire, even though he seems like a prick and even after all the leaks i still might buy this
 11-12-2010, 12:03 AM         #362
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
Exactly what I was saying. Lyrically, it's not focused on a song-per-song basis. He's grown as a lyricist (i.e. witter wordplays, flows better, etc.), but his rhymes are a little aimless.

i did like his last verse on gorgeous....he has moments on here...just didn't put it all together for me...but the production on here is what's gonna push the album to most...
 7 years ago '05        #363
iggyemu 
space
avatar space
space
$24,787 | Props total: 4903 4903
Didn't want to overreact to this since it's new s**t and all. Gave it a couple spins and it's good album...certainly not classic. The first 5 tracks are some of his best work ever. From there "Monster" is awful. Jay and Pusha did their thing on "So Appalled" but everyone else, including Kanye were of no consequence on that track.

"Devil in a New Dress" is a decent song but Rick Ross makes it dam near unlistenable. Kanye doesn't need all these average rappers on his s**t. Kanye himself is an above average rapper with something to say so I'd rather hear a verse from him...the features of some of them lames like Ross would have been better off being left off and replaced with a Kanye verse. Album finishes strong with "Runaway" straight on down to "Lost in the World".

And this a Kanye album so the amazing production is a given. Lyrically...Kanye isn't a great lyricist by any stretch but he has always had something to say and in most cases an average lyricist with something to say is better than a great lyricist with nothing to say. Same thing here. So all in all good album. And likely the hip hop album of the year.
 7 years ago '04        #364
Skilllz 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,266 | Props total: 1425 1425
Nah
 7 years ago '10        #365
DRockBSP 
space
avatar space
space
$3,919 | Props total: 2700 2700
s**t is dope.
 7 years ago '10        #366
beatjunkie 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,182 | Props total: 5 5
album is hands down classic yo
 7 years ago '06        #367
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656
blame game
so appalled


are the only songs I think are good. Everything else sound like some other off the wall s**t. When you are a superstar you can make off the wall s**t because people are gonna automatically like it because you are Kanye. But this just my opinion. Rap music has changed and I can admit going from the 90s-mid 2000s era that I am from, hearing disco,techno, and opera samples in hiphop is weird to me.
 7 years ago '05        #368
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
avatar space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
i will be buying this no damn i do kind of wish it didnt leak they need to push up the date asap this s**t

is hands down best hip hop cd in years
 7 years ago '07        #369
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1356 1356
album is real as fukk
 11-12-2010, 05:29 AM         #370
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BastardChild said:
this album is not a classic wtf are you listening to....its aight.... there are 4 songs i hate on the album....not even close to a classic
You were going into this album hating though.
 7 years ago '05        #371
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 iggyemu said:
Didn't want to overreact to this since it's new s**t and all. Gave it a couple spins and it's good album...certainly not classic. The first 5 tracks are some of his best work ever. From there "Monster" is awful. Jay and Pusha did their thing on "So Appalled" but everyone else, including Kanye were of no consequence on that track.

"Devil in a New Dress" is a decent song but Rick Ross makes it dam near unlistenable. Kanye doesn't need all these average rappers on his s**t. Kanye himself is an above average rapper with something to say so I'd rather hear a verse from him...the features of some of them lames like Ross would have been better off being left off and replaced with a Kanye verse. Album finishes strong with "Runaway" straight on down to "Lost in the World".

And this a Kanye album so the amazing production is a given. Lyrically...Kanye isn't a great lyricist by any stretch but he has always had something to say and in most cases an average lyricist with something to say is better than a great lyricist with nothing to say. Same thing here. So all in all good album. And likely the hip hop album of the year.
Best post I've read in a while. Disagree with the Kanye's "five best tracks ever" sentiment, though. Same goes for Devil In A New Dress; that song is

Apart from that, you're pretty much on point. Agree 100% with the "an average lyricist with something to say is better than a great lyricist with nothing to say."

Realest statement ever. Ever.
 11-12-2010, 05:36 AM         #372
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Devil In A New Dress" "All Of The Lights" and "Blame Game" are the three best songs released this year. They are so far beyond anything being released right now. Say what you want about originality, features, whatever, compared to everything released by the industry nowadays these songs blow everyone else out of the water.

Don't even compare it to classic songs and albums from the last 30 years of hip hop, compare it to what's coming out today. Would you give this kind of hate to Talib Kweli if he made this album? Would you hate Mos Def for putting this album together? Absolutely not, n*ggas were swinging from Dante's sack when his last album came out calling it a classic, but Kanye uses Bon Iver's "Lost In The Woods" and he's an uncreative hack? What about Mos' "Roses" which was a Georgia Anne Muldrow song before and Mos just added a verse!?

Get your head out your a.ss and put your front on the coffee table for a second and just listen to this. At the very least enjoy some of the best crafted music released this decade. People s**t on him for putting out free music because it ruins the album, people s**t on him for putting Ross on the record, people s**t on him for anything and everything regarding this album BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY HE MADE IT HAPPEN.
 7 years ago '05        #373
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 Bronx Goes Hard said:
"Devil In A New Dress" "All Of The Lights" and "Blame Game" are the three best songs released this year. They are so far beyond anything being released right now. Say what you want about originality, features, whatever, compared to everything released by the industry nowadays these songs blow everyone else out of the water.

Don't even compare it to classic songs and albums from the last 30 years of hip hop, compare it to what's coming out today. Would you give this kind of hate to Talib Kweli if he made this album? Would you hate Mos Def for putting this album together? Absolutely not, n*ggas were swinging from Dante's sack when his last album came out calling it a classic, but Kanye uses Bon Iver's "Lost In The Woods" and he's an uncreative hack? What about Mos' "Roses" which was a Georgia Anne Muldrow song before and Mos just added a verse!?

Get your head out your a.ss and put your front on the coffee table for a second and just listen to this. At the very least enjoy some of the best crafted music released this decade. People s**t on him for putting out free music because it ruins the album, people s**t on him for putting Ross on the record, people s**t on him for anything and everything regarding this album BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY HE MADE IT HAPPEN.
Cudi pushes the envelope even further. To me, Ye keeps it more "rap" than Cudi, but Cudi has an ear for artistic direction and production. He blends obscure sounds meticulously and creates an atmosphere in his albums like no one else in the industry.

'Ye and Cudi are a good match; they both have similar styles, but Ye's just a more capable cat on the boards.

IMO, the three artists in rap who are trying to push the genre further are Kanye, Kid Cudi and Drake. Yeah, hate on the last guy, but like it or not, So Far Gone was "different" and he pulled it off with cohesion and bravado.

EDIT: Mos experiments a lot (case in point: New Danger, The Ecstatic), but he doesn't pump out enough material to really be considered an advocate of alternative rap.


Last edited by Left Hook; 11-12-2010 at 05:42 AM..
 11-12-2010, 05:47 AM         #374
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
Cudi pushes the envelope even further. To me, Ye keeps it more "rap" than Cudi, but Cudi has an ear for artistic direction and production. He blends obscure sounds meticulously and creates an atmosphere in his albums like no one else in the industry.

'Ye and Cudi are a good match; they both have similar styles, but Ye's just a more capable cat on the boards.

IMO, the three artists in rap who are trying to push the genre further are Kanye, Kid Cudi and Drake. Yeah, hate on the last guy, but like it or not, So Far Gone was "different" and he pulled it off with cohesion and bravado.

EDIT: Mos experiments a lot (case in point: New Danger, The Ecstatic), but he doesn't pump out enough material to really be considered an advocate of alternative rap.
Completely agree, copped Cudi's MOTM2 this Tuesday and THAT was some of the best music released this year before I heard the dirty of this album. I agree with Kanye, Cudi and Drake being the most progressive in the hip hop community, all of them aren't limited in their range and it makes for great, fearless music. :agreement6:
 7 years ago '07        #375
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1759 1759
After I first full listen this album the album is okay."Runaway" is easily the best track on this album.Definetly not a classic .It's not even the best album to drop this year.I put it on the same level as Graduation,which we all know is not a classic album.
 11-12-2010, 09:24 AM         #376
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dnycem said:
After I first full listen this album the album is okay."Runaway" is easily the best track on this album.Definetly not a classic .It's not even the best album to drop this year.I put it on the same level as Graduation,which we all know is not a classic album.


You're trying too hard.
 7 years ago '07        #377
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1759 1759
 Bronx Goes Hard said:


You're trying too hard.
F*ck u mean I'm trying to hard?
 7 years ago '06        #378
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 38 38
dark fantasy

blame game

devil in a new dress

ok album
 7 years ago '08        #379
Loyalist 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,156 | Props total: 305 305
Albums cool, it has its hit and misses. But that all of the lights is my s**t rite now
 7 years ago '07        #380
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Classic
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 33
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy