most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #261
lato9905 25 heat pts25
space
space
$8,422 | Props total: 2622 2622
This album is like the Thriller of Rap.
 11-10-2010, 05:55 PM         #262
Ciroc740  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lato9905 said:
:agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6:
 11-10-2010, 05:55 PM         #263
truthfulness  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
up some songs to utube
 11-10-2010, 05:56 PM         #264
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lato9905 said:
So you're going disrespect a dead legend.
 7 years ago '06        #265
lato9905 25 heat pts25
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
So you're going disrespect a dead legend.
Man MJ is my GOAT calm down, I would never disrespect the king.
 7 years ago '05        #266
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,611 | Props total: 442 442
AllHipHop says it's a CLASSIC

Artist: Kanye West

Album: My Dark Beautiful Twisted Fantasy

Rating: 10 out of 10

This is the album that we have been hearing about for months. Anyone that was “anybody” had leaked comments to the rest of us about how good it was – how ‘Ye was back – and how this album cleared his name.

One year ago Kanye West was an exiled American name. Now? He has returned with a crash that has shaken the Hip Hop world; G.O.O.D Fridays has upped the benchmark for established artists everywhere. “You cannot deny a hit record” – this is a saying that Kanye West should very well live by.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a true testament to Kanye’s magnificent ability to craft and create music.

MBDTF is Mr. West’s fourth studio album – and may very well be his best. The self-entitled “Dark Fantasy opens the album softly; acting as a scapegoat for the gritty, hard, The Infamous-esque beat that soon follows. The song escalates throughout as Kanye’s verses grow increasingly smarter and impetuous. (Kanye’s rhymes have become brasher and sharper while still retaining its lyrical value).

Just as you are leaving the feelings Dark Fantasy left you with, quickly you are thrown into “Gorgeous” – featuring Kid Cudi and Raekwon (closing out the song). The beat is something to be felt with a guitar that evokes such raw comparisons to 1970’s Rock. Raekwon comes to bat too (listening to that beat switch up will never got old).

Other notables included the obvious releases, “So Appalled”, “Monster”, “Power” and of course the ensemble driven “All of the Lights” (the better “We are the World” of 2010). The “All of the Lights Interlude” actually turned into one of the best placed tracks on the entire album. MBDTF actually turns out to be a story in its own right which narrates itself perfectly. Common was not needed to tie any of the songs together - the placement and selection solves that on its own.

Many balked at his use of auto-tune on 808’s & Heartbreaks but it makes a comeback here - “Runaway” includes 3 minutes of Mr. West in almost inaudible auto-tune supported by majestic chords. “Lost In The World” features the same auto tune – combined with a happy segue album which has a very tribal dance feel. Kanye West’s album is stadium music. The tracks are all “big” and “epic” – thus allowing these to be feasible to perform for a dome full of people.

In each of Kanye’s previous four albums, there was always one track which stood out amongst the rest – College Dropout “Through the Wire”, Late Registration “Diamonds from Sierra Leone” etc. MBDTF is no different in its presentation of “Blame Game” – easily the best song on the entire album. A gripping tale about love lost, it again plays with your emotions. At first it tells a terrible story of a fallen relationship but then rounds itself into a monologue from Chris Rock. Never has a 180 degree turn been so accepted - Chris Rock’s monologue not only completes the song, it adds to how great the song is.

Kanye West’s affixation with the Phoenix has to be a metaphor for his career. In one year his career flourished, died, and resurrected itself in a way that only a mythical creature - or a really talented musician can. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a redemption album in the best description.

The amount of work put into this album is almost immeasurable – only the music can quantify what we already know – Kanye West is back.
 7 years ago '06        #267
lato9905 25 heat pts25
space
space
And their you have it folks.
 7 years ago '04        #268
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
It's a lil too early to be calling it a classic, but I have a feeling it will be considered one. So far it's been well received from fans and critics (except here on Boxden, but everything gets a lil hate here).
I haven't heard the album yet (waiting to cop), but everything from the Runaway film sounds much more musical and fresher than any other Hip Hop albums that's dropped recently.
 7 years ago '05        #269
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
It grew on me last night. Production is incredible, but I need the uncensored version for real. I can't stand that last Chris Rock segment after Blame Game.

Runaway and Devil In A New Dress are still the best songs on the album.
 11-10-2010, 07:10 PM         #270
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Beats: 9.2 (Almost a 9.5 ish until "Lost in the World" annoyed the s**t out of me)
Concept: 6.0 (Blame Game bought it up)
Lyrics: 5.0
Features: 4.0

Overall: 6.0/10

Production showed a lot of promise early on. Album lost its genuine flow at the middle of the pack. The features were absolutely dreadful (besides 2 hooks on track 4 (decent) and 11), most of them weren't necessary, and this is his fantasy, no need for it. Kind of ruins the uniqueness of it. Short album especially if you take away the Chris Rock skit (which was out of the blue and didn't make sense), and the 4 minute beat ride in "Runaway". Production was on point, album could of easily been a lot better than it was if he done things better and if lyrics were on point.
 7 years ago '05        #271
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
I need a better sit down with an uncensored version before I can really say anything more. I finally downloaded the So Appalled and Monster leaks that were uncensored and they make the songs THAT much better to me. I think it might just be the pauses and bleeps that's effing up my listening experience.

All Of The Lights has grown on me, the production's actually incredible.
 7 years ago '05        #272
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 TheBallDontLie said:
Beats: 9.2 (Almost a 9.5 ish until "Lost in the World" annoyed the s**t out of me)
Concept: 6.0 (Blame Game bought it up)
Lyrics: 5.0
Features: 4.0

Overall: 6.0/10

Production showed a lot of promise early on. Album lost its genuine flow at the middle of the pack. The features were absolutely dreadful (besides 2 hooks on track 4 (decent) and 11), most of them weren't necessary, and this is his fantasy, no need for it. Kind of ruins the uniqueness of it. Short album especially if you take away the Chris Rock skit (which was out of the blue and didn't make sense), and the 4 minute beat ride in "Runaway". Production was on point, album could of easily been a lot better than it was if he done things better and if lyrics were on point.
fam your wack if its so bad why are u posting in here hard body u just keep saying the same thing. lol @ this clown ratings call his lyrics a 5 lol who is this guy. your not gonna change anyone mind on what they think of it so just go sit down somewhere. go to a thread about something u actually like. if your posting this hard in here calling it a d plus cd i could only wonder how many post u do when u actually like the cd smh...

s**t is a classic Ye>>>>>>>>>
 11-10-2010, 07:48 PM         #273
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
fam your wack if its so bad why are u posting in here hard body u just keep saying the same thing. lol @ this clown ratings call his lyrics a 5 lol who is this guy. your not gonna change anyone mind on what they think of it so just go sit down somewhere. go to a thread about something u actually like. if your posting this hard in here calling it a d plus cd i could only wonder how many post u do when u actually like the cd smh...

Post memorable or even just solid lines. I'll wait for it cause i know you can't come up with any. A 6 isn't a failing grade, its pretty much a "decent" grade. The great production carried the album, everything else was mediocre or just eh. Now that's my opinion, you clown.

Your uneducated ADD a.ss isn't going to change mine either.

And you gotta be a moron to call something a classic within a day of release.

You're a square. I can tell by your taste in music, sig with your random d!ck riding in teams.You can't even spell secretly, music or attention correctly. Of course you'll accept mediocrity or anything else thrown at you just because its trending. I'm going to buy his album!!!

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 11-10-2010 at 07:53 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #274
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 GUNIT-FINEST said:

Album didn't hit me like that at first, but it's getting better.

... But to call it a classic after a day, come on. Come on now.
 7 years ago '10        #275
aka ReeSe 6 heat pts
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 3745 3745
I always laugh when n*ggas break albums down rating like "Production: 7.3, Lyrics: 8.8". I mean, wtf?

n*gga, you either like the album...hate it or think it's ok.
 7 years ago '05        #276
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,968 | Props total: 11 11
wow blame game is a powerful song. I can relate, kanye does mood muzik better then joe budden.
 11-10-2010, 08:42 PM         #277
jmole201  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Honestly, if you a hip-hop fan there's no reason to not like this album.
 7 years ago '05        #278
space
space
blame game is going to be on repeat for at least a week. its so deep and emotional
 7 years ago '05        #279
space
space
He slammed amber rose so hard in this song!!!

You weren’t perfect but you made life worth it
Stick around, some real feelings might surface
Been a long time since I spoke to you in a bathroom gripping you up and choking you
What the hell was I supposed to do
I know you ain’t getting this type of d!ck from that local dude
And if you are I hope you are have a good time
Cause I’ll definitely be having mine
And you ain’t finna see a mogul get emotional
Every time I hear bout other n*gga’s stroking you
Might say I hit you
He sitting there consoling you
Rubbing my name through the mud
Who’s provoking you
You should be grateful a ***** like me ever noticed you
Now you noticeable and can’t nobody get control of you
1 AM and can’t nobody get a hold of you
I’m calling your brother’s phone like what was I supposed to do
Even though I knew, he never told the truth
He was just gon’ say whatever you gon’ told him to
At a certain point I had to stop asking questions
Ya’ll got dirt on each other like mud wrestlers
I heard he bought some coke with my money
That ain’t right girl
You getting blackmailed for that white girl
You always said “Yeezy, I aint you’re right girl”
“Probably find one of them ‘I like art’ type girls”
All of the lights, she was caught in the hype girl
And I was satisfied being in love with the lie
And who to blame, you to blame, me to blame
For the pain and it poured every time it rained
 7 years ago '04        #280
Hustler_101 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,688 | Props total: 311 311
I'm still waiting on the explicit group rip before listening
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy