My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy = CLASSIC

most viewed right now
 172
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
220 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 108
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 105
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 101
 Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
160 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #181
lato9905 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$8,421 | Props total: 2616 2616
Reading through this entire thread has taught me one thing. This isnt an album for the n*ggas. This is music lovers music. n*ggas go listen to Waka or old Kanye. This s**ts fresh, instant classic.
 7 years ago '04        #182
Exs 151 heat pts151
space
avatar space
space
$5,777 | Props total: 1304 1304
I''l take

Say You Will
Welcome To Heartbreak
Heartless
Amazing
Robocop
Street Lights
See You In My Nightmares
Coldest Winter

Over

Anything I've hear off MBDTF

safe

Dark Fantasy
All of The Lights
Power

and Lost In The World


i dunno why people give 808s n Heartbreak such a tough time...

Maybe they were depressed or sumthin when it dropped

bad timing

 7 years ago '06        #183
lato9905 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$8,421 | Props total: 2616 2616
Im actually glad that you guys dont like it. It just shows whos on another level musically and whos still on waka flocka level.



Whats even more funny is up until the release of this album I didnt like ANYTHING Kanye was doing. I was completely ready for this album to suck just so I could point and laugh but the music speaks for itself. This is epic.
 11-10-2010, 08:02 AM         #184
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lato9905 said:
Im actually glad that you guys dont like it. It just shows whos on another level musically and whos still on waka flocka level.
Whats even more funny is up until the release of this album I didnt like ANYTHING Kanye was doing. I was completely ready for this album to suck just so I could point and laugh but the music speaks for itself. This is epic.


this is such a retarded,and absent minded way to look at music.....not to mention it makes no got damn sense..
 7 years ago '05        #185
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1666 1666
lol @ "who's on another level musically."

WARNING: Wall of text in reply to lato9905

Really? I get that you like the album but you don't have to diss others' tastes in music to big up your opinion of Kanye's album. You know what, I'm a BIG fan of Kanye and this album isn't "epic." I'm a BIG fan of music and this album isn't all that fresh. The feeling I got from listening to this album was the feeling I got when I first listened to Recovery - disappointment.

Y'all gassed that album up like a mothereffer and it wasn't even all that. This album? This album isn't even all that. Fresh? Ye's BARELY scratching the surface here; try harder. What's he doing that's so different? Most of the tracks are 16 bars, a hook, 16 bars, a hook, adlibs, a hook. That's it.

And y'all being straight FOOLED by his "uniqueness." Just cause you're unique it doesn't mean you're more artistic than the rest of the pack. His song structures are straight up bland. Even his signed artist, Kid Cudi, made more songs that experimented with tempo changes, different song structures and various instrumentations to evoke real emotion out of people. Plus, MOTM2 was so much more cohesive as an album. MBDTF is all over the place. It has no theme.

Please tell me how MBDTF is on another level musically. Kanye is a producing genius - true. But how is this album so great? How are we so "dumb" musically that all we like is Waka's music? Are you serious?

I listen to ANY type of music; I'm open minded to forward-thinking artists just as I am with old school cats who want to perfect their genre's craft. Kanye tried to be forward thinking with the ALBUM, he failed. His production didn't, but this album - to me - failed.

Now, I think people who like the album are entitled to their opinions. I'm not going to call them sheeps or musically inferior. Yeah I disagree with them but I'm not going to start calling them out.

I'm disappointed with this album. Don't point and laugh at me; I just don't enjoy the music and it's just a cotdamn shame because I love Kanye.
 11-10-2010, 08:12 AM         #186
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think its dope you can take all the music released and make a pretty ill album.......cats get to sensitive
 7 years ago '07        #187
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
avatar space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
"Devil in A Blue Dress">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Got that sh!t on repeat, fu_ck the rest of the album :dancingcool:
 11-10-2010, 08:15 AM         #188
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
lol @ "who's on another level musically."

WARNING: Wall of text in reply to lato9905

Really? I get that you like the album but you don't have to diss others' tastes in music to big up your opinion of Kanye's album. You know what, I'm a BIG fan of Kanye and this album isn't "epic." I'm a BIG fan of music and this album isn't all that fresh. The feeling I got from listening to this album was the feeling I got when I first listened to Recovery - disappointment.

Y'all gassed that album up like a mothereffer and it wasn't even all that. This album? This album isn't even all that. Fresh? Ye's BARELY scratching the surface here; try harder. What's he doing that's so different? Most of the tracks are 16 bars, a hook, 16 bars, a hook, adlibs, a hook. That's it.

And y'all being straight FOOLED by his "uniqueness." Just cause you're unique it doesn't mean you're more artistic than the rest of the pack. His song structures are straight up bland. Even his signed artist, Kid Cudi, made more songs that experimented with tempo changes, different song structures and various instrumentations to evoke real emotion out of people. Plus, MOTM2 was so much more cohesive as an album. MBDTF is all over the place. It has no theme.

Please tell me how MBDTF is on another level musically. Kanye is a producing genius - true. But how is this album so great? How are we so "dumb" musically that all we like is Waka's music? Are you serious?

I listen to ANY type of music; I'm open minded to forward-thinking artists just as I am with old school cats who want to perfect their genre's craft. Kanye tried to be forward thinking with the ALBUM, he failed. His production didn't, but this album - to me - failed.

Now, I think people who like the album are entitled to their opinions. I'm not going to call them sheeps or musically inferior. Yeah I disagree with them but I'm not going to start calling them out.

I'm disappointed with this album. Don't point and laugh at me; I just don't enjoy the music and it's just a cotdamn shame because I love Kanye.
Your problem is you dont listen to music for what it is......its like you listen expecting to hear something that you have heard before.........great artist are that way because they evolve, who wants to hear another college drop out..........this is levels above that as far as the creativity goes........you like what you like......but honestly I think dude is at his prime right now with this music s**t
 7 years ago '05        #189
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1666 1666
 Dos-effect said:
Your problem is you dont listen to music for what it is......its like you listen expecting to hear something that you have heard before.........great artist are that way because they evolve, who wants to hear another college drop out..........this is levels above that as far as the creativity goes........you like what you like......but honestly I think dude is at his prime right now with this music s**t
Nah, I came in with an open mind. If I can tolerate 808s - in fact, I think it's pretty dope for what it is - then I sure as hell should be able to tolerate rapping Kanye.

I don't want another College Dropout. I want something different. Wanting the same College Dropout Kanye would mean me wanting Ye to stop progressing as an artist. Nah, okay, I get it, dude's evolving. Still, doesn't change the fact that the album doesn't hold up well.

Maybe my opinions will change once the uncensored version comes out, but it's unlikely. Ah, this is another Recovery for me. I'm actually sad because I feel left out; I feel like I'm missing out from great music.

But then I realise, eh, not really. If I don't like it then I don't like it.

EDIT: Probably doesn't help that I had a massive headache today while I was studying for my final Law paper that's worth 90% of the unit. Probably took it out on this mothereffin' record. Poor MBDTF

Records like Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St., Beach Boys' Pet Sounds and Beatles' Sgt Pepper's reinvented the wheel. I love those records. But this... nah. Sorry Ye.


Last edited by Left Hook; 11-10-2010 at 08:21 AM..
 11-10-2010, 08:20 AM         #190
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
Nah, I came in with an open mind. If I can tolerate 808s - in fact, I think it's pretty dope for what it is - then I sure as hell should be able to tolerate rapping Kanye.

I don't want another College Dropout. I want something different. Wanting the same College Dropout Kanye would mean me wanting Ye to stop progressing as an artist. Nah, okay, I get it, dude's evolving. Still, doesn't change the fact that the album doesn't hold up well.

Maybe my opinions will change once the uncensored version comes out, but it's unlikely. Ah, this is another Recovery for me. I'm actually sad because I feel left out; I feel like I'm missing out from great music.

But then I realise, eh, not really. If I don't like it then I don't like it.

EDIT: Probably doesn't help that I had a massive headache today while I was studying for my final Law paper that's worth 90% of the unit. Probably took it out on this mothereffin' record. Poor MBDTF
I dig that.......and lets be honest, some of these tracks could have been left off.....so its not a classic by any means....but its definately a darker sound........dude is in a different place
 7 years ago '05        #191
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1666 1666
Let's list all the good songs. I wanna make myself feel better.

Power
Devil In A New Dress
Runaway
Blame Game

Dark Fantasy and Gorgeous are up and down for me; they can be good one minute and sound pretty contrived the next. But yeah, let's all give it up for Devil In A New Dress and Runaway. They will be remembered as Ye's best songs alongside the other classics he had in College Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation. Yeah, it's only been a day, but I can tell.
 7 years ago '06        #192
lato9905 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$8,421 | Props total: 2616 2616
 Left Hook said:
lol @ "who's on another level musically."

WARNING: Wall of text in reply to lato9905

Really? I get that you like the album but you don't have to diss others' tastes in music to big up your opinion of Kanye's album. You know what, I'm a BIG fan of Kanye and this album isn't "epic." I'm a BIG fan of music and this album isn't all that fresh. The feeling I got from listening to this album was the feeling I got when I first listened to Recovery - disappointment.

Y'all gassed that album up like a mothereffer and it wasn't even all that. This album? This album isn't even all that. Fresh? Ye's BARELY scratching the surface here; try harder. What's he doing that's so different? Most of the tracks are 16 bars, a hook, 16 bars, a hook, adlibs, a hook. That's it.

And y'all being straight FOOLED by his "uniqueness." Just cause you're unique it doesn't mean you're more artistic than the rest of the pack. His song structures are straight up bland. Even his signed artist, Kid Cudi, made more songs that experimented with tempo changes, different song structures and various instrumentations to evoke real emotion out of people. Plus, MOTM2 was so much more cohesive as an album. MBDTF is all over the place. It has no theme.

Please tell me how MBDTF is on another level musically. Kanye is a producing genius - true. But how is this album so great? How are we so "dumb" musically that all we like is Waka's music? Are you serious?

I listen to ANY type of music; I'm open minded to forward-thinking artists just as I am with old school cats who want to perfect their genre's craft. Kanye tried to be forward thinking with the ALBUM, he failed. His production didn't, but this album - to me - failed.

Now, I think people who like the album are entitled to their opinions. I'm not going to call them sheeps or musically inferior. Yeah I disagree with them but I'm not going to start calling them out.

I'm disappointed with this album. Don't point and laugh at me; I just don't enjoy the music and it's just a cotdamn shame because I love Kanye.

Didnt read.

Rolling Stones 5/5. I agree.
 7 years ago '05        #193
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1666 1666
 lato9905 said:
Didnt read.

Rolling Stones 5/5. I agree.
Haha, now I know you're just trolling. Your opinion's void.

Thanks for confirming, sir.
 7 years ago '08        #194
ingtoo! 
space
avatar space
space
$739 | Props total: 2 2
 ra1n said:
Good Fridays ruined the album experience for me.....seems like it did for a lot of people
Thats why I don't DL singles.
 7 years ago '06        #195
lato9905 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$8,421 | Props total: 2616 2616
 Left Hook said:
Haha, now I know you're just trolling. Your opinion's void.

Thanks for confirming, sir.
Did read but still 5/5.
 7 years ago '10        #196
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
Rolling Stones 5/5 is greater than any publication hands down

:agreement6:
 7 years ago '05        #197
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
still waiting on the dirty retail but i know imma really like this album i already heard most of it
 7 years ago '04        #198
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,914 | Props total: 634 634
 rdrake said:
Rolling Stones 5/5 is greater than any publication hands down

:agreement6:
not on rap. not even close. they should leave rap alone all together after the way they botched up a list of hip hop albums in the 500 greatest albums of all time. 2 eminem CDs before MATW, All eyes on me, and 7 day theory? not to mention albums like paid in full which i dont even remember being on the list. they should leave hip hop alone.

with that said MBDTF is kinda a blend and is aimed at reaching a broader audience so i can understand them rating and actually liking that s**t, not surprised about that at all. its a great album production wise, just gotta soak it in. i think people are just way too damn critical, knowing damn well they dont have the musical talent in kanyes fingernail
 7 years ago '05        #199
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
avatar space
space
$13,831 | Props total: 4097 4097
 rdrake said:
Rolling Stones 5/5 is greater than any publication hands down

:agreement6:
Yeah, up until the moment they give a bad score to an album you like...

I'll say 4/5...
 11-10-2010, 09:24 AM         #200
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Power is the only rockin track, but he still finds a way to ruin it.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 64
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 41
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 36
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 20
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
56 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 15
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
322 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy