Bosh feeling lost in Heat's offense

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
48 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
56 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
8119 pageviews
132 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Bosh feeling lost in Heat's offense

The conversation was about connection.

Forward Chris Bosh approached teammate LeBron James on Friday night during the Heat's return flight from New Orleans and wanted to talk -- a simple chat between new friends, friends who still had a lot to learn about each other. It was about basketball, but it was also about bonding. Six games into this grand experiment and things were not happening as easily for Bosh as he had originally envisioned.

``I was just honest,'' Bosh said. ``I get a little lost out there because it's different.''

Bosh's numbers are down to begin the season, but he insists that finding himself on the court among his new teammates cannot be measured by statistics. Bosh was averaging 13.3 points and 5.5 rebounds before Saturday's win over the Nets.

He's not the offensive funnel he once was in Toronto -- where he averaged over 22 points in his final five seasons with the Raptors -- but said that doesn't matter.

Publicly, Bosh has said the only statistic he cares about is winning. The Heat (5-2) did not win Friday night and Bosh's reticent demeanor on the court was an obvious factor in the game's outcome.

LACKING AGGRESSION

``I've kind of been on my heels for the first part of the season, so I'm starting to figure it out; it's starting to come to me,'' he said after Saturday's 101-89 victory against the Nets. ``But at the end of the day, I just have to be aggressive. That's what it's all about.''

A day before Saturday's win, Bosh had 15 points but only one rebound and was thoroughly outplayed by Hornets' forward Emeka Okafor, who had 26 points and 13 rebounds.

Afterward, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra voiced his displeasure with his team's energy level and lack of aggressiveness.

Bosh took the constructive criticism to heart. He was lost and needed to improve. He had to reestablish his former self but also find his new role playing alongside James and Dwyane Wade. He needed to have that conversation with James, the team's catalyst.

``I wanted to talk to [James] and really just get to know each other, really,'' Bosh said. ``I think that's an important process of team-building. You have to know the guy who's standing next to you.

``We have a system but at the same time when the game is happening so fast, sometimes I just get lost. I don't know whether to cut, whether to go, whether to get back and playing with those two talented guys . . . it happens real fast. So, I just let [James] know that.''

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Miami Heat's Bosh, James trying to find a good connection - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com

[pic - click to view]

image lebron aint got time to be watching bosh post-/face-up. he can't get a.ssist numbers that way, and that's all that really matters image

132 comments for "Bosh feeling lost in Heat's offense"

7 years ago '06        #2
DrockSteady 44 heat pts44
space
space
$5,974 | Props total: 2 2
 7 years ago '07        #3
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,054 | Props total: 30351 30351
This is what I been saying about Bosh the entire time. Idiots reply to me talking about 'all bosh has to do is anchor the defense'. WTF!?

Dude gonna be soft his entire career and then change addresses and be a defensive monster? GTFOH!

Now look at this dude crying? What the h*ll does knowing the offense have to do with letting Emeka Okafor son you while you D-ing him up?? Only mentally weak players need to get going offensively in order to play solid defense.
 7 years ago '98        #4
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,190 | Props total: 3571 3571
Thats CB4's game... if you run plays for him and hand him the ball, he stops for a while, sizes up the D for a while, then makes a move. k!lls whatever offensive flow the team had. He just needs to make his mind up quick and get into his move without the delay while everyone stands and watches.

Bosh at this point is just a big to finish plays that Bron and Wade create (ie a role player).
 7 years ago '09        #5
enimaL 
space
space
$204 | Props total: 7 7
honestly, who DIDNT see this coming....
 7 years ago '06        #6
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,643 | Props total: 8575 8575
He isnt a real PF. He needs to focus on taking PF off the dribble to rim or off the dribble stop and shoot. Bosh aint backing nobody down but he can dribble.
 7 years ago '05        #7
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1873 1873
I got love for Bosh.. but he is Over-rated

Miami = LeBron and Wade

I hope it works out though
 7 years ago '10        #8
Marcus Aurelius 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,900 | Props total: 3973 3973
Emeka Okafor just broke a f**king FG% record on this cat and he's worried about his offense? Enjoy the regular season Heat fans because come playoff time the only things standing between Pau, Dwight, Duncan, etc. and a career game is this soft a.ss dinosaur and Joel Anthony/Jamal Magloire. s**t is gonna get ugly.
 7 years ago '07        #9
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
if he'd hang around the rim instead of the free throw line and focus on grabbing some boards he'd eat off that alone combined with wade and lebron feeding him when they draw the help. he was doing that in preseason and had a few pretty good games but the dynamic changed when the season actually started. it's a process, but he seems to have the right idea.
 7 years ago '04        #10
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
Will the real Chris Bosh please stand up?
 7 years ago '04        #11
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 joshdogg26 said:
if he'd hang around the rim instead of the free throw line and focus on grabbing some boards he'd eat off that alone combined with wade and lebron feeding him when they draw the help. he was doing that in preseason and had a few pretty good games but the dynamic changed when the season actually started. it's a process, but he seems to have the right idea.
That's funny at how you guys talked all this s**t about Bosh...talking like she was a beast...as if she was gonna come in and average a double-double and become a beast on defense...that diva was always overrated, and now she's really being exposed for the real player that she is....Have fun watching Christina Bosh while you still have her...
 11-09-2010, 01:41 AM         #12
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its not the points thats worries me its the rebounds....5.5?? Only 1 last game....whats the f**king deal, james taking away his boards because aint nobody stoping LBJ and his triple doubles huh........
 7 years ago '10        #13
dzPHL 
space
space
$1,123 | Props total: 0 0
:metallicblue:
 7 years ago '04        #14
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,458 | Props total: 6405 6405
He'll be fine. Sucks they don't have no a.ssets to bring in a true big body center, undersized Joel Anthony isn't going to work long-term
 7 years ago '07        #15
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,462 | Props total: 14907 14907
Averaging 13.3 and 5.5 and got the max

heat have no inside presence really oh well
 7 years ago '05        #16
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
And stories like this are why I laughed every time they said 3 superstars were going to be playing in Miami
 7 years ago '04        #17
thisisgame 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 41 41
Bosh is too skinny and can only shoot jumpers. The cavs need a guy that will f!ght for every rebound like Reggie Evans and play good defense. Trade Bosh back to toronto for Reggie Evans and Calderon and the heat will win the finals this year.
 7 years ago '06        #18
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 1467 1467
Know your role, and shut your mouth.
 7 years ago '04        #19
chirpflare 173 heat pts173
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 37 37
 7 years ago '10        #20