Bigger or Smaller New Era Fitted?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
23649 pageviews
13 comments

jwhizkid 
space
space
$2,055 | Props total: 17 17
Bigger or Smaller New Era Fitted?

I'm trying to get a New Era fitted cap, but they only have a 7 1/8 and a 7 3/8. I wear a 7 1/4....so my question is

Is it better to get a bigger hat and try to shrink it, or get a smaller hat and stretch it?

THANKS

13 comments for "Bigger or Smaller New Era Fitted?"

7 years ago '05        #2
DatKidDex 
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 386 386
ummm just get it offline..u need your size..trust me i have a range of 7 5/8 n 7 3/4s i only wear 3/4's when my hair is out cuz it can cover it when i have it braided i wear my 5/8's u def need your size
 7 years ago '04        #3
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
get the 3/8

fitteds are hand made and have some variance but they also shrink. i buy my fitteds 1 size too big so when they shrink they fit perfect.
 7 years ago '07        #4
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
Do you have a new era flagship store near you???

The reason I ask is because most of they flagship stores have this machine that stretches hats up to two sizes bigger. I had the same problem wit a hat once, and I bought the size smaller, and went to new era. They used that machine to make it a size bigger. It still doens't fit like my actual size, but it's damn near close...
 7 years ago '06        #5
vinylfiend1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 347 347
New Era's have been fitting hella small lately. ten years ago I wore a 7 1/8, then i started wearing 7 1/4 about 5 years ago. The past two years Ive been wearing 7 and 3/8. I just bought a SF giants new era with the world series patch and the 7 3/8 almost feels too snug. I like fitteds a little loose or I'll get a headache..
 7 years ago '07        #6
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Get it big and sweat in that s**t it'll shrink
 7 years ago '04        #7
jwhizkid  OP
space
space
$2,055 | Props total: 17 17
my problem is that i once got a hat that's a size bigger, and i tried to shrink it by wearing it while i have wet hair and by sweating in it. The top part of the hat did shrink, but the headband stayed the same so the headband is easily visible and it looks weird as s**t.

I've never gotten a smaller hat before and stretching it out is doable, but I do know the hat naturally shrinks so i don't know if that's a good idea either.
 7 years ago '06        #8
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
man, can we just talk about how New Era went and f**ked with the sizes of fitteds and now nothing really is consistent?

I got a bunch of New Era fitteds and they all 7 5/8ths and they all fit a lil' different....
 7 years ago '04        #9
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
^ word. I hate them new black brims man. I truly wished they'd do back to the white/gray brim.
 11-09-2010, 08:22 PM         #10
liquidswords85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the sizing in new eras is so inconsistent that it most likely won't matter
 11-09-2010, 10:58 PM         #11
Kylluminati 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DatKidDex said:
u need your size
This. I also wear 7 1/4 and even with the brim perfectly flat, 3/8 is still big as hell on my head. The only way I'd imagine a 1/8 working is if you don't mind bending the brim by a lot and if you don't wear your hats low.
 7 years ago '10        #12
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
ive shrunk hats, you just gotta do it right, but i tend to only buy my size, but ive gotten 1/4 that where super big for some reason, and i just soaked the hat and wore it till it dried and fit to my head
 7 years ago '04        #13
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1472 1472
ALWAYS GO BIGGER... them headaches are no f**king joke... and I usually wear fits when my hair is LONG, and I am covering it till I get a cut... and I use to go with a normal fit perfect size... then few months later or hair would grow out then s**t was mad tight... I would rock anyways and then my head would start pounding would have to take it off in like 2 - 5 min intervals...
 7 years ago '05        #14
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,555 | Props total: 1156 1156
yah go bigger. take a damp cloth and dampen the hat. then put your dryer on high heat. dry the hat and pull it out every 10 seconds and try it on. either that or if it's hot outside. just dampen it then walk around outside til you got ur fit. then go sit it out of the heat to finish air drying.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy