Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana[12-11-10][HBO]

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
272 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
88 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
khan by ko 1 16.67%
khan by decision 2 33.33%
draw 0 0%
maidana by ko 3 50.00%
maidana decision 0 0%
Voters: 6. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-02-2010, 02:09 PM         #21
CLK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was at this presser (UK) def an experience got to carry and take a pic with the WBA belt. I'm going to go with Khan but if Maidana lands he 'll decapitate him.
I expect Khan to put on a Kotelnik type performance though.
 7 years ago '06        #23
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Vanes Says: "Amir Khan is Going To k!ll Marcos Maidana"

By Jake Donovan

Gamblers, you might want to heed the word of Vanes Martirosyan.

The undefeated junior middleweight contender has been as active as he prefers in the ring as of late, but it doesn’t mean he hasn’t stopped living and breathing boxing every second of his life. While some f!ghters act as if the sport is on hold if they aren’t f!ghting, Martirosyan remains a fan no matter who is in the ring.

And with that, Martirosyan (28-0, 17KO) is making bold prediction for an upcoming HBO bout.

“Amir (Khan) is going to k!ll (Marcos) Maidana,” Martirosyan claims will be the case (figuratively speaking, one can only a.ssume) of the December 11 junior welterweight clash, which airs live on HBO from the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada.

For the sake of full disclosure, it’s worth noting that Martirosyan trains with Khan, as both serve under the tutelage of four-time Trainer of the Year Freddie Roach at his Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, California.

But before it’s said that his prediction screams ‘bias’, please bear in mind the last time the outspoken Armenian went on record to tell the world how a major f!ght would play out.

“(Yo)u might think I'm wrong but I think Sergio is going to stop Williams tonight on HBO,” was the message sent by Martirosyan on his Facebook and Twitter pages on November 20, mere hours before Martinez made him look like a genius in flattening Williams inside of two rounds.

Martirosyan had no vested interest in that bout, and was just speaking through outside observations. For the upcoming Khan-Maidana f!ght, he speaks from the perspective of a camp insider.

“Khan looks good and like always is in great shape,” Martirosyan proclaims of his stablemate. “Alex (Ariza, their conditioning coach) and Freddie are on fire.”

The bout will be Khan’s fourth as a junior welterweight after having spent most of his young career f!ghting at the lightweight limit. The 2004 Olympic Silver medalist (serving as the lone representative of the UK boxing squad) appears to have adjusted nicely to the weight, as he is already regarded as one of the top 140 lb. f!ghters in the world.

Some have sensed danger in his upcoming f!ght with Maidana, a big hitter whose rise to prominence came with his off-the-floor stoppage win over Victor Ortiz in their June 2009 bout. Oddly enough, Ortiz’ original opponent for that evening was Andriy Kotelnik, who abruptly pulled out of the f!ght to instead face Khan.

Maidana gladly stepped in and from the opportunity gained a career-defining win. Less than a month later, Khan cleanly outboxed Kotelnik, with boxing fans clamoring for a Khan-Maidana showdown ever since (it also makes sense politically, as they share different versions of the same alphabet title).

There was speculation that Khan was avoiding the f!ght, as well as any other noted puncher, as his next two opponents were light-hitting Brooklyn-based contenders Dmitry Salita and Paul Malignaggi. Such suspicion is derived from Khan’s lone loss to date, a shocking one-round knockout at the hands of Breidis Prescott two years ago.

Khan has bounced back, winning five straight, but there are those who remain unconvinced until he steps into the ring with a legitimate puncher.

The f!ght with Maidana provides that very opportunity, one for which Martirosyan is certain his stable mate is sufficiently prepared.

"(Khan) is too fast and too strong for Maidana,” Martirosyan insists. “Maidana is easy to hit and won't be ready for his speed and power."

Because he has nothing scheduled for the rest of the year, Martirosyan will undoubtedly tune in for the bout. He was originally slated to headline a Top Rank Live telecast on Fox Sports, but plans fell through as he is now eyeing a big f!ght during the first quarter of 2011.

Until then, he’s enjoying his role as a makeshift prophet.

"You will see. It is just like how I said Sergio was going to knock Williams out.”

Jake Donovan is the Managing Editor of Boxingscene.com and an award-winning member of the Boxing Writers a.ssociation of America. Contact Jake at or follow him on Twitter @JakeNDaBox.

7 years ago '06        #24
GunMedalGleam 
space
space
$398 | Props total: 100 100
Im not sure how well madiana takes a punch. But khan has some trouble vs katilnik. This f!ght could be worst for khan.
If Madiana can cut off the ring and apply pressure without getting wreak-less and opening up he can win. He will have to be able to stand up to khan punches.
 7 years ago '06        #25
space
space
 7 years ago '06        #26
space
space
Maidana: I'm Hungry To Beat Khan, I Won't Let Him Run

By Mark Vester

WBA mandatory challenger Marcos Maidana has been training in Las Vegas for nine weeks with head-trainer Miguel Diaz. He feels very confident with the approaching title f!ght with champion Amir Khan, taking place next Saturday at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

"This f!ght is very important to me. I'm very hungry to win this f!ght because I want to get the title at junior welterweight. I've had great sparring. I'm ready," Maidana said.

The only opponent who faced both of these f!ghters is former champion Andriy Kotelnik. Maidana lost a close decision to Kotelnik, and Khan decisioned Kotelnik for the WBA title. Maidana has always felt that he should have beaten Kotelnik and feels that he actually did more damage against Kotelnik than Khan.

"I hit Kotelnik much more than Amir. I hurt him, but this is from the past. It has nothing to do with this f!ght. Believe me, I'm ready for this f!ght," Maidana said.

For his part, Diaz doesn't feel the Kotelnik result, for either boxer, is relevant to this contest.

"I was not with Maidana at the time of that f!ght. I only watched a tape. I thought the f!ght could have been a draw or Maidana could have been the winner of that f!ght. I saw the f!ght with Amir winning. The performances were very similar. There was nothing special in Amir's win and there was nothing special in Maidana's loss. That f!ght doesn't make anything difference on this f!ght," Diaz said.

Most are expecting Khan to box and use his legs to stay away from Maidana's power punches. Khan has promised to stand his ground and f!ght when needed. Maidana is ready for either version of Khan. He wants everyone to know that Khan will not be able to run in the f!ght. Maidana has been working very hard to prevent Khan from using his legs in the ring.

"If he wants to stand with me, it's not a secret, that's going to be my f!ght. I've worked with sparring partners who have imitated his movements and for the first time I've learned to cut off the ring. [I'll] try to pin him in the corner and pin him on the ropes and force my f!ght," Maidana said.

7 years ago '06        #27
space
space
Khan, Roach: 'We'll Break Maidana Down, Knock Him Out!'

By Mark Vester

WBA junior welterweight champion Amir Khan is looking to make a huge statement on December 11 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Khan will defend the title against mandatory challenger Marcos Maidana. For over a year, Khan was believed to have been ducking a f!ght with Maidana. Now the contest is nearly a week away.

Maidana has vowed to knock Khan out with either hand. The once-beaten British f!ghter has promised to shock the fans by displaying his own knockout power. He plans to break Maidana down and stop him.

"I think that I'm one of the biggest punchers in the division," Khan said. "He keeps saying that either with his left or right [hand] he's going to knock me out. We'll see when the f!ght comes. Let him keep relying on that. We know exactly how to beat this guy. If he's coming to f!ght by thinking that he's the only power puncher, then let him think that."

Khan's trainer Freddie Roach has put down a strategy of breaking Maidana down early on, and then attacking him in the later rounds for a knockout victory.

"We will go after Maidana at some point in the f!ght, after we break him down. That will take some rounds. He's a very durable guy but we'll break him down and knock him out in the late rounds," Roach said.

7 years ago '04        #28
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771

[video - click to view]

12-04-2010, 01:12 PM         #29
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maidana is highly overrated...kahn will outbox him...use his reach, jab and foot speed to move around...he might even get a KO because maidana gotta weak chin
 7 years ago '06        #30
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,867 | Props total: 261 261
 DrX said:
maidana is highly overrated...kahn will outbox him...use his reach, jab and foot speed to move around...he might even get a KO because maidana gotta weak chin

How you not gonna mention Khan's chin when it's much worse than Maidana's. We all saw what Breidis Prescott did to Khan. If anything Khan is overrated. His list of opponents are far from impressive. Khan will get a chance to show us what he's made of against a real f!ghter who hits hard.
 7 years ago '07        #31
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30392 30392
Damn, i just voted but meant to take khan via ko.
 7 years ago '06        #32
space
space
Maidana: "When I Land on Amir Khan, The f!ght is Over!"

By Jhonny Gonzalez

WBA interim-junior welterweight champion Marcos Maidana is confident in his abilities to end the f!ght with Amir Khan by knockout. Maidana will challenge Khan for his WBA 140-pound title on Saturday at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Lately Khan has discussed his desire to stay in front of Maidana and engage him in a toe to toe battle. The puncher from Argentina is hoping the British boxer makes good on his promise to engage.

"I'm not worried about his boxing ability. I'm prepared for anything that he does. If I can get a knockout it's good, but I'm ready for a twelve round f!ght. Khan says that he plans to f!ght with me. That's good for me, because when I land - the f!ght will be over," Maidana said.

7 years ago '06        #33
space
space
Khan on Facing Pacquiao, Restoring British Boxing Honor

By Kevin Francis, courtesy of The Daily Star

AMIR KHAN will never f!ght Manny Pacquiao – the one man preventing him being the world’s best pound-for-pound boxer.

Khan makes the latest defence of his WBA world light-welterweight title here against tough Argentine Marcos Maidana, 27, in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Victory will increase the clamour for Khan to face the only man to win world titles at eight different weights.

But Khan said of the man who currently holds the WBC super-welterweight title and WBO *welterweight championship: “No way – I will never f!ght him.” This is not just a case of *avoiding an opponent – they share the same trainer in Freddie Roach.

Khan, who celebrates his 24th birthday tomorrow, added: “Sparring in our gym is one thing, but we will never f!ght each other. You have to think of our trainer Freddie.”

The f!ght forms part of a TV *bonanza which sees Dereck Chisora take on Wladimir Klitschko for the world heavyweight title in *Germany – plus James DeGale *facing Paul Smith from Liverpool.

And Khan wants to help restore Britain’s tarnished boxing pride after the farcical match between David Haye and Audley Harrison.

He said: “Everyone should be f!ghting to restore the pride in British boxing. It’s going to be an exciting night and a long night.

“The f!ghts come from all around the world – England, then Germany with *Chisora – and me finishing off the night from Las Vegas.”

THE Khan-Maidana f!ght is live on Sky Box Office HD on Saturday. To order call: 08442 410888.BOXING: Amir f!ght vow

7 years ago '06        #34
space
space
Roach: Amir Khan Has Not Lost a Single Round With Me

By Kevin Francis, courtesy of The Daily Star

AMIR Khan has been hailed as a model pupil ahead of the third defence of his WBA world light-welterweight title.

Khan meets the dangerous *Argentine Marcos Maidana in the early hours of Sunday morning.

However, trainer Freddie Roach is predicting another successful night for Khan, who he has guided to five straight victories since *becoming his trainer.

The American said: “In fact, he hasn’t lost one single round since we have been together – and that’s a mark of just how good he is.” Khan has finished off his five opponents under the tutelage of Roach in just 31 rounds.

Roach, who has trained more than 20 world champions – his current *stable star is Manny Pacquiao – took over as the 23-year-old’s trainer *following the sacking of Jorge Rubio.

Rubio parted company with Khan after the Bolton f!ghter had suffered his first ever professional defeat.

That was at the hands of *Colombian Breidis Prescott, who stunned him with a 54-second knockout in 2008.

Since then, Khan has won a world title and also collected the prized scalp of Marco Antonio Barrera. And Roach is delighted with Khan’s *continual improvement and mature approach to the sport.

Roach said: “He doesn’t just go in there now and look for a one-punch *knockout.

“He knows how to break a person down, work behind his jab and then finish them off.

“He’s become a completely *different f!ghter. We haven’t lost one round since we’ve been together.

“The Andriy Kotelnik f!ght (when Khan won his world title) was great.

“I didn’t see him lose a round in that f!ght, just like the other f!ghts.

“He’s a 100 per cent better f!ghter. I’ve never had a f!ghter who listens, learns and takes *advice so well as Amir.”

Khan, who is 24 on Wednesday, echoed Roach’s comments on his *improve- ment since the beginning of their *partnership.

He said: “I’ve come along a lot. That defeat by Breidis Prescott has helped me to come so far in my career.

“If that hadn’t have happened, I wouldn’t be in the position I am now. I never want to make those mistakes again.”

THE Khan-Maidana f!ght is live on Sky Box Office HD on *Saturday. To order call: 08442 410888.

7 years ago '06        #35
space
space
Khan: I Want To Beat Mayweather Where Hatton Failed

By Mark Vester

This coming Saturday at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Amir Khan defends his WBA 140-pound title against mandatory challenger Marcos Maidana. Trainer Freddie Roach will be working his corner. There were worries that once Manny Pacquiao announced his retirement, Roach would retire as well. Plans have changed. According to a report in The Sun, Roach told Khan that he will continue training him beyond Pacquiao's retirement.

"Manny has won all his world titles with Freddie and Freddie had said he would quit when Pac-Man retired," Khan said. "But he's told me wants to carry on because he enjoys working with me so much.

"For him to say that to me shows he must have a lot of confidence in me. It gave me a big lift and Freddie has told me that he believes in me like he believes in Manny. I'm sure he could call it a day whenever he wanted and he has achieved so much in his career and produced so many champions."

Khan's goal is to secure a Las Vegas clash with Floyd Mayweather Jr. He wants to gain victory where his countryman and good friend Ricky Hatton failed.

"I'm in boxing to f!ght the very best out there and that means Floyd right now for me," Khan said. "Ricky went to Vegas and met the best to try and prove that he was the best and I will continue where Ricky failed - it's why we f!ght. Manny knows that Floyd will never f!ght him and it could be me that gets in the ring with Floyd - that is a real f!ght."

12-07-2010, 06:34 PM         #36
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maddog345 said:

How you not gonna mention Khan's chin when it's much worse than Maidana's. We all saw what Breidis Prescott did to Khan. If anything Khan is overrated. His list of opponents are far from impressive. Khan will get a chance to show us what he's made of against a real f!ghter who hits hard.
this f!ght will go one of three ways

1kahn outboxing him to a boring 12 round dec
2 kahn breaking him down for a tko or ko
3 maidana land something big to crack kahn glass jaw

kahn do got a glass chin but he always got the skills to outpoint his guy to a dec...i dont f**k with kahn like that tho
 7 years ago '06        #37
GunMedalGleam 
space
space
$398 | Props total: 100 100
 DrX said:
this f!ght will go one of three ways

1kahn outboxing him to a boring 12 round dec
2 kahn breaking him down for a tko or ko
3 maidana land something big to crack kahn glass jaw

kahn do got a glass chin but he always got the skills to outpoint his guy to a dec...i dont f**k with kahn like that tho
Are we 100% sure khan had a glass chin? perhaps the Prescott punch was an isolated incident. Look what happen to Williams.
 7 years ago '05        #38
cowlersleycowle 
space
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 468 468
^^^^^^^^

110% Sure

khan has struggled with power throughout his career, even as an amateur. During his early f!ghts he faced many people who were blown up in weight and had no power, but Khan still struggled. I remember one f!ght where he got knocked all over for a round. had is been on the other foot the ref would have jumped in as Khan was a mess.

Just look at the prescott f!ght when he lands a Jab Khan was shook. Just look the very first jab and khan couldnt hadle a little jab. The other punches were big shots ans hurt most f!ghters. khans defence was terrible then. Which has now improved under roach

[video - click to view]

look about the 30 second mark.

Having said all this i think Khan still wins unless he get tagged.
 7 years ago '04        #39
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,757 | Props total: 23314 23314

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

i wanna see maidana touch khans jaw one good time and see if he stand a chance
most likely khan gonna keep him outside with the jab, maidana is going to have to take chances rushing inside and scoring a k.o

i want maidana to expose khan, they both nicem but the f!ght can go either way imo, i f**ks with maidana over khan tho
 12-09-2010, 05:51 PM         #40
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cowlersleycowle said:
^^^^^^^^

110% Sure

khan has struggled with power throughout his career, even as an amateur. During his early f!ghts he faced many people who were blown up in weight and had no power, but Khan still struggled. I remember one f!ght where he got knocked all over for a round. had is been on the other foot the ref would have jumped in as Khan was a mess.

Just look at the prescott f!ght when he lands a Jab Khan was shook. Just look the very first jab and khan couldnt hadle a little jab. The other punches were big shots ans hurt most f!ghters. khans defence was terrible then. Which has now improved under roach

look about the 30 second mark.

Having said all this i think Khan still wins unless he get tagged.

this vid never get old...yeah hes faced all light punchers since then...it couldve been a isolated thing...maybe it was nerves more then him having a weak chin
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy