Phat ass white girl for real
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
96 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #41
GBREEZE 260 heat pts260
space
space
$12,101 | Props total: 7457 7457
Zeitgeist is a decent documentary but it has many historical inaccuracies. Espcecially about the Gods they are comparing to Jesus. The story of Horus for instance is totally wrong in Zeitgeist, as well as Krishna. I believe in GOD, and GOD only. I don't think I need a middle man to talk directly to GOD. I can see how some people could be aetheist but let's be real the universe, sun, moon, and stars don't run off a generator. The creation of life is not all by mistake. I believe if you live your life as a good person you will have a relationship with GOD. I believe religion has a lot of good in it, but it also has created seperation between nations and millions if not billions of deaths. We all know in our heart what is wrong, you don't need a book to tell you that. I only thing I can really say is DO RESEARCH don't believe everything you hear or see. That goes for Zeitgeist, The Bible and so on. Many people are in a religion simply based off of the parents philosphies. They have truly done 0 research and continue to sit and believe. Open your eyes!

Peace
 7 years ago '07        #42
Mari 29 heat pts29
space
space
$471 | Props total: 9 9
kurwa mac ja pierdole
 7 years ago '06        #43
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 0 0
 WordisBond said:
Not tryna come at yall religion but I can never call another man, my lord and my savior.

I can understand why people need religion. The world is f**ked up and mysterious and people need answers. People need to know that their is a reason why they are in existence.

I can respect that.

But don't ever try and force your religion at me. You go ahead and believe in your "God" and I'll go about my business.

Please don't make me go further
So you see Christianity as just a psychological crutch?

If you mean that the faith a Christian has is just wishful thinking that's all in the mind, then no. As if you can dismiss someone's faith by implying that in some way he or she needs to believe it and therefore does. This is patronising for a start, and a very dangerous argument indeed - for the person who uses it! (Unlucky.)

Take a double-edged knife. Place your thumb over one of the sharp edges and put the other on a piece of wood. As you push hard, the wood is cut. But so is your thumb. The knife, like the argument above, cuts both ways. After all, a Christian could also retort that an atheist is someone who doesn't want to bother about obeying God's commands, so - hey presto! - there is no God. But this kind of atheism is equally 'all in the mind'.

If you mean that Christianity is a crutch like alcohol or drugs, i.e. something to help the weak through tough situations - as if Christians were basically failures as people and needed something to help them get by - then no, again.
'Is Christianity true?' is the vital question. American writer and speaker Joni Eareckson-Tada became a quadriplegic after a diving accident when she was 17; yet she said, "I believe in Jesus not because it is easy, but because it is true." If Christianity was false, it would be a useless crutch. At least alcohol and drugs work, even if only for a short time. But if Christianity is true, then it is a cure, not a crutch.

But if you mean Christianity helps people to cope in tough times and overcome their difficulties, is a source of strength and comfort to millions, and provides a rock of unchanging certainty in an ever-changing world (which you mentioned), then yes.

Oh, and by the way, please go further.
 7 years ago '06        #44
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,345 | Props total: 1424 1424
 GBREEZE said:
Zeitgeist is a decent documentary but it has many historical inaccuracies. Espcecially about the Gods they are comparing to Jesus. The story of Horus for instance is totally wrong in Zeitgeist, as well as Krishna. I believe in GOD, and GOD only. I don't think I need a middle man to talk directly to GOD. I can see how some people could be aetheist but let's be real the universe, sun, moon, and stars don't run off a generator. The creation of life is not all by mistake. I believe if you live your life as a good person you will have a relationship with GOD. I believe religion has a lot of good in it, but it also has created seperation between nations and millions if not billions of deaths. We all know in our heart what is wrong, you don't need a book to tell you that. I only thing I can really say is DO RESEARCH don't believe everything you hear or see. That goes for Zeitgeist, The Bible and so on. Many people are in a religion simply based off of the parents philosphies. They have truly done 0 research and continue to sit and believe. Open your eyes!

Peace
I don't agree with that big homie. Growing up I never knew Fornication was was wrong.
 7 years ago '10        #45
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,408 | Props total: 2275 2275
Damn CuzZa keep it coming... I;m enjoying these posts
 7 years ago '06        #46
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 -BigC- said:
So were supposed to disprove god? Every single time science comes up with new facts that disprove something religions have in there texts then the religious people change it up to "Oh its not literal"

The question isn't how we can disprove your religion but how easy it would be. It depends on if you take your "historic" texts literally or not. Like how old do you think the earth is? Do you believe in evolution or god creating everything in 7 days?

If you want to be religious I won't even talk s**t to you or put you down but stop acting like there are any facts on your side
We don't want you to disprove God. We want you to believe in Him.

If I said I believed the Bible to be the literal word of God, I'd get comments like, "So you believe Noah's Ark was real? You believe the Earth was created in seven days? How stupid of you."
But then If I said I only took parts of it literally, then 'smart' atheists would come back at me and say I wasn't consistent in my beliefs.
I said before, Christians can't win.

But to answer your questions:

1) The Bible doesn't mention anywhere how old the Earth is. I, personally, believe the Earth is millions, if not billions of years old.
2) The Bible doesn't say 'God created the Earth in seven days', it clearly states in Genesis 1, "And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day." So it clearly describes a day, rather than just saying it was a day. That may not mean much to you, but to me that helped me lean on that side of the fence.
3) I obviously believe in creation. Evolution is a farce. Descendants of monkeys? Really?
 7 years ago '10        #47
JaYYo 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,027 | Props total: 563 563
 palogee said:
The statue and these comments really crack me up. The Bible specifically speaks AGAINST IDOL WORSHIP!!!!!!

This has nothing to do with Jesus. Everything to do with Pagan deception. If people actually read the bible they would see that Catholics right on down to the Southern Baptist are all following Pagan rituals. But using the bible as a cover. And this December they will cut trees down, bring them into their homes, and decorate it. Even though the bible says not to do so.

Just sayin... But you don't hear me doe...
LOL Real talk December 25th is Saturnalia where these maggots beat they wifes and then f**k each other in the a.ss listen to Ras Kass song Jack Frost...."Celebrating Satan oops! oh sorry Santa" lol

Race shouldnt matter cuz thats not what Jesus was about at all he was here to help people but his race was switched for negative reasons an to mislead so it should be know that he was black, so if u colored and people degrade ur skin just laugh ignore it and stay peaceful an listen to this line
"He is called the Lion Of Judah but aint no Lions indigineous to the Middle East or Europe"

here is the song it is from fast foward to 1:33
 7 years ago '10        #48
GBREEZE 260 heat pts260
space
space
 Blockburner28 said:
I don't agree with that big homie. Growing up I never knew Fornication was was wrong.
What you are talking about is a normal human function. I believe its natural for a human to lust after someone. However, is it wrong to r*pe someone? Yes. Would you want ur boy to f**k ur wife? No. So I believe in at least most people's hearts they know whats wrong and right. Its your conscious letting you know. I am in tuned with mine pretty well, maybe others are not or they just choose to ignore it. Either way, I believe religion was created to control man. Think about it, if there were only laws and no moral docturine to follow a lot of places would just be f**ked up. A lot of people would be willin out. s**t we got people willin out now. Imagine if there was no religion........ It would be a totally different world. Some people just behave outta shear fear of going to hell. s**t, anyone seen the Book of Eli? Thats on some real s**t....

Last edited by GBREEZE; 11-06-2010 at 08:45 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #49
JaYYo 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,027 | Props total: 563 563
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, its about unity honestly if u racist in 2010 u aint got much of a future the earth will pluck that a.ss off quick like a pest
no human race is evil
 7 years ago '06        #50
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
Too many people trying to dismiss the Bible straight away tonight. You all just give me ammunition.
Another post I made in a previous thread which I think is of some relevance since we're on the subject.

---------------------------------------------------------------

i hate when people say "you know how my god is real, by looking at how beautiful the world is"
f**k makes you think a group of super beings didnt create an illusion of life in a lab and your just attached to some bulls**t dream machine, s**t do you even know what a god is????? then again maybe your right maybe zeus and the rest of the olympians didnt create earth, maybe they are watching us from on high for entertainment
matter fact im gonna start saying magican unicorns created this universe and when someone ask me for proff im gonna say the same monkey s**t you say

"you want proof magic unicorns created this univere??? look around you....plain and simple......the world in which we live Is that not proof enough? To say we're here just because a fortunately timed explosion is less believable than magic unicorns who created everything so perfect. The chances of there being magic unicorns are far higher than some big bang - which chances are also equalled to a bomb going off in the middle of a grocery store and the end resulting being a perfectly cooked Christmas turkey dinner"

see how retarded that sounds
You're right, it does sound completely retarded. But if you choose to believe the universe was created by magic unicorns, then go ahead. It doesn't bother me. The fact is, if you'd have ever read the Bible for yourself without taking other dumbasses' words for it, you'd actually understand how scarily reliable it is. How would you, personally, explain the prophecies that foretold:

- that Jesus would be born of a virgin
Isiah 7:14
Written between 701-681 BC, fulfilled about 5 BC

- that Jesus would be born in Bethlehem
Micah 5:1-2
Written between 750-686 BC, fulfilled about 5 BC

- that Jesus would come from the tribe of Judah
Genesis 49:10
Written as early as 1400 BC, fulfilled about 5 BC

- that Jesus would be a descendent of King David
Jeremiah 23:5
Written sometime between 626-586 BC, fulfilled by the birth of Jesus about 2000 years ago

- that Jesus would be preceded by a messenger (John the Baptist)
Isaiah 40:1-5, 9
Written between 701-681 BC, fulfilled about 27 AD

- that Jesus would perform miracles
Isaiah 35:4-6
Written between 701-681 BC, fulfilled about 27-31 AD

- that God promised another prophet like Moses (In Deuteronomy 18:15-18, Moses told the Jews that God would raise up another prophet like Moses. After Moses, there was a succession of prophets, including Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel, and finally Jesus Christ. Jesus was very much like Moses. Both were delivered from death as infants. Both were prophets. Both performed miracles. Both were leaders. And both were intermediaries between God and man. Moses offered to die, if necessary, if God would forgive the sins of the people that Moses was leading (see Exodus 32:30-33). Jesus did die for our sins, so that people could enter the Kingdom of Heaven. No other prophet is as much like Moses than Jesus)
Deuteronomy 18:15-18
Written as early as 1400 BC, fulfilled about 5 BC to 31 AD

- that Jesus would enter Jerusalem while riding on a donkey
Zechariah 9:9
Written between 520 and 518 BC, fulfilled about 31 AD

- that there would be a son called God
Isaiah 9:6-7
Written between 701-681 BC, fulfilled about 5 BC

- that Jesus would be rejected
Isaiah 53:1-3
Written between 701-681 BC, fulfilled about 31 AD

- that the anointed one would be rejected
Daniel 9:24-26
Written about 530 BC, fulfilled about 31 AD

- that Jesus would be betrayed by a friend
Psalm 41:9
Written about 1000 BC, fulfilled about 31 BC

- that Jesus would be betrayed for 30 pieces of Silver
Zechariah 11:12-13

- that Jesus would be spat upon and beaten
Isaiah 50:6

- that Jesus would be silent before His accusers
Isaiah 53:7

- that Jesus would be crucified (foreshadowed by both Zechariah and King David some 400 years before crucifixion was even invented)
Zechariah 12:10

- that Jesus would be buried in a rich man's tomb
Isaiah 53:9

- that Jesus would die for our sins
Isaiah 53:4-6

Many of the prophecies concerning Jesus were totally beyond human control:
Birth - place, time, manner
death - people's reactions, piercing of side, burial
Resurrection - where did His body go?

By using the modern science of probability in reference to just eight of these prophecies, the chance that any man might have lived to fulfill all eight prophecies is one in 100 trillion. To illustrate this point, if we take 100 trillion silver coins and lay them on the face of Texas, they would be two feet deep. Now, if we mark one of these coins and thoroughly stir the whole mass all over the state and then blindfold a man and let him travel as far as he wishes, and let him choose only one silver coin, what chance would he have of picking the marked one?
The same chance that the prophets would have of writing just eight of these prophecies and having them all come true for any one man if they had written them without God's inspiration.

The chance of any one man's fulfillment of 48 prophecies is one in ten to the 157th power.

The electron is about as small an object as we can imagine. If we had a cubic inch of these electrons and tried to count them, it would take us (at 250 per minute) 19,000 times 19,000 times 19,000 years (6859000000000 years) to count them.
Now mark one of them and thoroughly stir it into the whole mass. What chance does our blindfolded man have of finding the right electron?
The same chance as one man does of fulfilling 48 of the prophecies about Jesus Christ without being the Son of God.

Who says science and religion can't work together?

And then to answer some more questions, which you're all clearly going to ask, let me just head back to what I posted earlier in this thread:

3. Prophecy
Another thing that makes the Bible such an amazing book is the way it predicts events in the future, which then happen. I've already given you so many examples, but let me explain in further detail.

When I use the word 'prophecy', I don't mean the sort of things you can read in your average horoscope (i.e. 'Today you will meet a beautiful woman. Tomorrow it will be dry if it's not raining'). I mean specific predictions which are unmistakably fulfilled. There are hundreds of them in the Bible.

Ezekiel predicted in the sixth century BC that Tyre (a major city, and thriving industrial centre) would be defeated and utterly destroyed. Nebuchadnezzar and then Alexander the Great brought about the fulfilment of this prophecy in 333 BC. It even says in Ezekiel 26:14, 'I will leave only a bare rock where fisherman can dry their nets.' Sure enough, after Tyre was taken over by the Arabs in AD 1291, it became a poor fishing village. Among many other fulfilled predictions, Amos foretold the downfall of Israel, Jeremiah the capture of Jerusalem, Isaiah the return of the Jews from exile, and Jesus the destruction of Jerusalem.

So I understand your point that, the New Testament was, quote, "written by believers in Jesus, starting decades after his death. In other words, these were people with a vested interest in confirming his status as the Messiah.", but prophecies weren't always just about Jesus. I gave you accounts of prophecies concerning Jesus earlier because of their importance, not because they were the only ones. So how would you, as an atheist, explain prophecies such as the ones above? You can't. Each one happened. In fact, not a single prediction in the Bible can be shown to be false - a remarkable record.

At least now I'm hoping you will all open your minds instead of quoting Soulja Boy lyrics
 11-06-2010, 08:41 PM         #51
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CuZzA said:
Really? That's funny, since the atheist can offer no logical, irrefutable proof for his/her case. He/she may draw on certain philosophical arguments, personal experiences or 'informed opinions' - but in the end, none of this will be conclusive proof. Not only that, but the very nature of his/her case is difficult: it is always harder to establish clearly what is not than to establish what is.

Say, for example, I call downstairs to my girlfriend in the morning,
"I can't find my keys!"
She says, "They're in the spare room!"
I look for a few moments, then yell, "No, they're not!"
"Yes, they are!", she replies.

It's much easier for her to prove her case. If she comes upstairs and finds my keys, she was right. Even if she can't find them straight away, she may still be right if they are found later. To prove my (your) case, I have to search every inch of the room, leaving absolutely no space unexplored. She will only have been proved wrong when I have done all of this. Similarly, atheism can only be proved right if every single scrap of information is ferreted out and analysed for traces of God.

A completely impossible task.

Not even the most arrogant of human beings would claim to know everything. Yet, without this knowledge, how can the atheist say for certain that God does not exist? The statement, 'There is no God' has 'Case unproven' written all over it.

I believe the burden of proof rests on your shoulders.

at this clown comparing god to the set of keys. You don't make a comparison on an entity whom is omnipotent, benevolent, unexplainable, infinite, to a tangible worthless object.

The burden of proof is on the believer, simply due to the fact that you are making the claim. You are too caught up in 'knowing' god exist that your reasoning is deluded.

Again, atheism is the lack of belief in god. NOT that we don't believe in god. Common misconception when people say, ' I don't believe in god'. They are technically right, but to the believer it sounds as if one is trying to negate them. See what I'm saying? Thus there is nothing we are trying to prove, because we have nothing to prove.

CuZzA said:
Not when the Bible claims to be inspired word of God, written by man.
By denying that the Bible is the inspired word of God and only the written word of man, you automatically limit God - which therefore doesn't make Him God. By making that claim as a Christian...then you're not a Christian.

Christians can't win.
Exactly, now you are getting it.

CuZzA said:
But then again, we're not trying to win. Sure, we can all have a debate about it. I don't mind that. But the fact is, nobody can win. Atheists spend a lot of their time trying to disprove the existence of God. Being an atheist means living every day with the possibility that evidence will come to light which will prove them wrong. Back to my analogy of the keys earlier - every moment of the search could prove me wrong; every moment could prove my girlfriend right. I can only be right at the end of a long search; she could be right any time during the search.
----------------

The claim that this religious god exist is self-evidence that it can't exist. God is paradoxical.
Now I don't think any one is any position to speak with certainty to its existence, but ALL signs point to no. No atheist spends time trying to prove something doesn't exist. Being an atheist is living life by living life in your own terms, not in preparation for an afterlife

The Bible is NOT a collection of historical documents. There is nothing valid about talking animals, man walking on water, coming from the dead, f!ghting giants with rocks, ladders that reach the heavens etc.
 7 years ago '06        #52
space
space
 GBREEZE said:
What you are talking about is a normal human function. I believe its natural for a human to lust after someone. However, is it wrong to r*pe someone? Yes. Would you want ur boy to f**k ur wife? No. So I believe in at least most people's hearts they know whats wrong and right. Its your conscious letting you know. I am in tuned with mine pretty well, maybe others are not or they just choose to ignore it. Either way, I believe religion was created to control man. Think about it, if there were only laws and no moral docturine to follow a lot of places would just be f**ked up. A lot of people would be willin out. s**t we got people willin out now. Imagine if there was no religion........ It would be a totally different world. Some people just behave outta shear fear of going to hell.
Thats just what the devil want you to believe. I also noticed in your first post you said you believe in God and God only? So whats up with the flip floping? James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
 7 years ago '06        #53
space
space
 JerseyLegend said:
The Bible is NOT a collection of historical documents. There is nothing valid about talking animals, man walking on water, coming from the dead, f!ghting giants with rocks, ladders that reach the heavens etc.
Try reading the bible and stop going off what people are saying.
 7 years ago '10        #54
GBREEZE 260 heat pts260
space
space
 Blockburner28 said:
Thats just what the devil want you to believe. I also noticed in your first post you said you believe in God and God only? So whats up with the flip floping? James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Right, I am not flip flopping lol. I believe in God, but I may not believe in YOUR book. Here are a few examples why.

a) Adam and Eve were the 1st people on the planet according to what you believe. The had 2 sons Kane and Able. So, riddle me this, how did the world get populated??? I know Kane and Able weren't looking at each other (the church aint into that). So did eve have more children????????

b) Also, most Christian organizations straight celebrate pagan rituals. Examples: Christmas, where in the Bible does it say Jesus was born on Dec, 25th??? The history behind this is The Church wanted to start welcoming pagans into Church and Christ. So what do the Pagans celebrate? Saturnalia, and Yule. ALL PAGAN holidays....But Christians are celebrating this every year. Halloween, or some churches call it their Harvest Festival. All rooted in Paganism. Oh Easter too, Easter comes from the rebirth of fertility (hence, the easter egg and bunny) which Christians celebrate and origninated from pagans. SO you tell me WHO'S THE FLIP FLOPPER????? I believe in the Bible it says "Learn not the ways of the heathen." But you continue to celebrate the heathen's holidays.

c) Religion is written by man, not God. Man is not perfect so there is many flaws in all religions. Now, take in consideration how many times the Bible has been translated, especially incorrectly. Also, look at how many versions of the Bible there is. Oh, and lets not forget how many books that were actually left out of the Bible. Books that indirectly stated the spirit of God is within oneself, and that you can speak to God anywhere. This especially went against the business of the Roman Catholics. (yep they were all about that money and still are)

Last edited by GBREEZE; 11-06-2010 at 09:07 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #55
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 JerseyLegend said:
at this clown comparing god to the set of keys. You don't make a comparison on an entity whom is omnipotent, benevolent, unexplainable, infinite, to a tangible worthless object.

The burden of proof is on the believer, simply due to the fact that you are making the claim. You are too caught up in 'knowing' god exist that your reasoning is deluded.

Again, atheism is the lack of belief in god. NOT that we don't believe in god. Common misconception when people say, ' I don't believe in god'. They are technically right, but to the believer it sounds as if one is trying to negate them. See what I'm saying? Thus there is nothing we are trying to prove, because we have nothing to prove.

Exactly, now you are getting it.

The claim that this religious god exist is self-evidence that it can't exist. God is paradoxical.
Now I don't think any one is any position to speak with certainty to its existence, but ALL signs point to no. No atheist spends time trying to prove something doesn't exist. Being an atheist is living life by living life in your own terms, not in preparation for an afterlife

I didn't 'compare' God to a set of keys, I simply used similar principles. And you say I'm "too caught up in 'knowing' God exists" that my reasoning is deluded, but I could just say that you're too caught up in 'knowing' God doesn't exist that your reasoning is deluded. It's exactly the same argument; let's journey back to my 'double-edged knife' analogy.

And I agree on the point that it is impossible to prove the existence of God, but how can all the signs point to 'no', when they clearly point to 'yes'? Just look at the prophecies I commented on before. Not one has been 'proven' to be false. How is that even slightly possible without the intermission of God somewhere? Both the minor and major prophets were messengers from God. Their prophecies came true. They wrote down their prophecies hundreds of years before they came true. Seems a bit 'coincidental' don't you think? So much so that it would be stupid to believe in anything else other than God.

And the Bible isn't a collection of historical documents? What an idiotic thing to come out with

So many people, like yourself, don't believe the Bible to be a reliable document of history. But the fact is, the Bible is a very trustworthy historical document. If you look at this chart that compares the biblical documents with other ancient documents, you can see for yourself that the Bible is in a class of its own regarding the number of ancient copies and their reliability.

[pic - click to view]

The bible describes places, people, and events in various degrees of detail. It is essentially an historical account of the people of God throughout thousands of years. If you open to almost any page in the Bible you will find a name of a place and/or a person. Much of this can be verified from archaeology. Though archaeology cannot prove that the Bible is the inspired word of God, it has the ability to prove whether or not some events and locations described therein are true or false. So far, however, there isn't a single archaeological discovery that disproves the Bible in any way.

Nevertheless, many people used to think that the Bible had numerous historical errors in it such as Luke's account of Lysanias being the tetrarch of Abiline in about 27 AD (Luke 3:1). For years scholars used this "factual error" to prove Luke was wrong because it was common knowledge that Lysanias was not a tetrarch, but the ruler of Chalcis about 50 years earlier than what Luke described. But, an archaeological inscription was found that said Lysanias was the tetrarch in Abila near Damascus at the time that Luke said. It turns out that there had been two people name Lysanias and Luke had accurately recorded the facts.

Also, the walls of Jericho have been found, destroyed just as the Bible says. Many critics doubted that Nazareth ever existed, yet archaeologists have found a first-century synagogue inscription at Caesarea that has verified its existence. Finds have verified the existence of Herod the Great and his son Herod Antipas, the remains of the Apostle Peter's house have been found at Capernaum, Bones with nail scars through the wrists and feet have been uncovered as well demonstrating the actuality of crucifixion, and the High Priest Caiaphas' bones have been discovered in an ossuary (a box used to store bones).

There are many archaeological verifications of biblical events and places. Is the Bible trustworthy? Most definitely. Remember, no archaeological discovery has ever contradicted the Bible, therefore since it has been verified over and over again throughout the centuries, we can continue to trust it as an accurate historical document.
 7 years ago '08        #56
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
 CuZzA said:
We don't want you to disprove God. We want you to believe in Him.

If I said I believed the Bible to be the literal word of God, I'd get comments like, "So you believe Noah's Ark was real? You believe the Earth was created in seven days? How stupid of you."
But then If I said I only took parts of it literally, then 'smart' atheists would come back at me and say I wasn't consistent in my beliefs.
I said before, Christians can't win.

But to answer your questions:

1) The Bible doesn't mention anywhere how old the Earth is. I, personally, believe the Earth is millions, if not billions of years old.
2) The Bible doesn't say 'God created the Earth in seven days', it clearly states in Genesis 1, "And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day." So it clearly describes a day, rather than just saying it was a day. That may not mean much to you, but to me that helped me lean on that side of the fence.
3) I obviously believe in creation. Evolution is a farce. Descendants of monkeys? Really?
Genesis 1:28
 7 years ago '06        #57
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 GBREEZE said:
Right, I am not flip flopping lol. I believe in God, but I may not believe in YOUR book. Here are a few examples why.

a) Adam and Eve were the 1st people on the planet according to what you believe. The had 2 sons Kane and Able. So, riddle me this, how did the world get populated??? I know Kane and Able weren't looking at each other (the church aint into that). So did eve have more children????????
The Bible does not give us a specific number. Adam and Eve had Cain (Genesis 4:1), Abel (Genesis 4:2), Seth (Genesis 4:25), and many other sons and daughters (Genesis 5:4). With likely hundreds of years of child-bearing capability, Adam and Eve likely had 50+ children in their lifetime.

b) Also, most Christian organizations straight celebrate pagan rituals. Examples: Christmas, where in the Bible does it say Jesus was born on Dec, 25th??? The history behind this is The Church wanted the so pagans to start welcoming into Church and Christ. So what do the Pagans celebrate? Saturnalia, and Yule. ALL PAGAN holidays....But Christians are celebrating this every year. Halloween, or some churches call it their Harvest Festival. All rooted in Paganism. Oh Easter too, Easter comes from the rebirth of fertility (hence, the easter egg and bunny) which Christians celebrate and origninated from pagans. SO you tell me WHO'S THE FLIP FLOPPER????? I believe in the Bible it says "Learn not the ways of the heathen." But you continue to celebrate the heathen's holidays.
The debate about whether or not Christians should celebrate Christmas has been raging for centuries. There are equally sincere and committed Christians on both sides of the issue, each with multiple reasons why or why not Christmas should be celebrated in Christian homes.

One argument against Christmas is that the traditions surrounding the holiday have origins in paganism. Searching for reliable information on this topic is difficult because the origins of many of our traditions are so obscure that sources often contradict one another. Bells, candles, holly, and yuletide decorations are mentioned in the history of pagan worship, but the use of such in one’s home certainly does not indicate a return to paganism. While there are definitely pagan roots to some traditions, there are many more traditions a.ssociated with the true meaning of Christmas - the birth of the Savior of the world in Bethlehem. Bells are played to ring out the joyous news, candles are lit to remind us that Christ is the Light of the world (John 1:4-9), a star is placed on the top of a Christmas tree to remember the Star of Bethlehem, and gifts are exchanged to remind us of the gifts of the Magi to Jesus, the greatest gift of God to mankind.

Another argument against Christmas, especially having a Christmas tree, is that the Bible forbids bringing trees into our homes and decorating them. The passage often cited is Jeremiah 10:1-16, but this passage refers to cutting down trees, chiseling the wood to make an idol, and then decorating the idol with silver and gold for the purpose of bowing down before it to worship it (see also Isaiah 44:9-18). The passage in Jeremiah cannot be taken out of its context and used to make a legitimate argument against Christmas trees.

Christians who choose to ignore Christmas point to the fact that the Bible doesn’t give us the date of Christ’s birth, which is certainly true. December 25 may not be even close to the time Jesus was born and arguments on both sides are legion, some relating to climate in Israel, the practices of shepherds in winter, and the dates of Roman census-taking. None of these points is without a certain amount of conjecture, which brings us back to the fact that the Bible doesn’t tell us when Jesus was born. Some see this as proof positive that God didn’t want us to celebrate the birth, while others see the Bible’s silence on the issue as tacit approval.

Some Christians say that since the world celebrates Christmas - although it is becoming more and more politically correct to refer to it as ‘the holidays’ - Christians should avoid it. But that is the same argument made by false religions that deny Christ altogether, as well as cults such as the Jehovah’s Witnesses who deny His deity. Those Christians who do celebrate Christmas often see the occasion as an opportunity to proclaim Him as ‘the reason for the season’ among the nations and to those trapped in false religions.

As we have seen, there is no legitimate scriptural reason not to celebrate Christmas. At the same time, there is no biblical mandate to celebrate either. In the end, of course, whether or not to celebrate Christmas is a personal decision. Whatever Christians decide to do regarding Christmas, their views should not be used as a club with which to beat down or denigrate those with opposing views, nor should either view be used as a badge of honor inducing pride over celebrating or not celebrating. As in all things, we seek wisdom from Him who gives it liberally to all who ask (James 1:5), and accept one another in Christian love and grace, regardless of our views on Christmas.

c) Religion is written by man, not God. Now, take in consideration how many times the Bible has been translated, especially incorrectly. Also, look at how many versions of the Bible there is. Oh, and lets not forget how many books that were actually left out of the Bible.....
The Bible is written by man, but the inspired word of God. The Bible hasn't been translated loads of times to get to the version we're at now. The Bible was written in Hebrew/Greek (depending on whether it was the Old Testament or New Testament), then translated to different languages from there, i.e. Hebrew > English, Greek > French, Greek > German, Hebrew > Spanish.
It wasn't translated like: Hebrew/Greek > French > German > Spanish > Russian > Chinese > Polish > English

There are no “lost books” of the Bible or books that were taken out of the Bible. There are many legends and rumors of lost books, but there is no truth whatsoever to these stories. Every book that God intended and inspired to be in the Bible is in the Bible. There are literally hundreds of religious books that were written in the same time period as the books of the Bible. Some of these books contain true accounts of things that actually occurred (1 Maccabees, for example). Some contain good spiritual teaching (the Wisdom of Solomon, for example). However, these books are not inspired by God. If we read any of these books, the Apocrypha as an example, we have to treat them as fallible historical books, not as the inspired, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

The gospel of Thomas, for example, was a forgery written in the 3rd or 4th century A.D., claiming to have been written by the apostle Thomas. It was not written by Thomas. The early church fathers almost universally rejected the gospel of Thomas as heretical. It contains many false and heretical things that Jesus supposedly said and did. None of it (or at best very little of it) is true. The epistle of Barnabas was not written by the biblical Barnabas, but by an imposter. The same can be said of the gospel of Philip, the apocalypse of Peter, etc.

There is one God. The Bible has one Creator. It is one book. It has one plan of grace, recorded from initiation, through execution, to consummation. From predestination to glorification, the Bible is the story of God redeeming His chosen people for the praise of His glory. As God’s redemptive purposes and plan unfold in Scripture, the recurring themes constantly emphasized are the character of God, the judgment for sin and disobedience, the blessing for faith and obedience, the Lord Savior and sacrifice for sin, and the coming kingdom and glory. It is God’s intention that we know and understand these five themes because our lives and eternal destinies depend upon them. It is therefore unthinkable that God would allow some of this vital information to be “lost” in any way. The Bible is complete, in order that we who read and understand it might also be “complete, and equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
 7 years ago '06        #58
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 GrownmanJ said:
Genesis 1:28
'God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Oh yeah, you're right. Sorry.

7 years ago '06        #59
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
how do they know what Jesus looks like???
 7 years ago '06        #60
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 niceguy954 said:
how do they know what Jesus looks like???
They don't. And can't. The Bible doesn't give any physical description of Jesus. The closest thing we get to a description is in Isaiah 53:2b, “He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him.” All this tells us is that Jesus’ appearance was just like any other man's – He was ordinary-looking. Isaiah was here prophesying that the coming suffering Servant would arise in lowly conditions and wear none of the usual emblems of royalty, making His true identity visible only to the discerning eye of faith.

Isaiah further describes the appearance of Christ as He would appear as He was being scourged prior to His crucifixion. “His appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and his form marred beyond human likeness” (Isaiah 52:14). These words describe the inhumane cruelty He suffered to the point that He no longer looked like a human being (Matthew 26:67; 27:30; John 19:3). His appearance was so awful that people looked at Him in astonishment.

Most of the images we have of Jesus today are probably not accurate. Jesus was a Jew, so He likely had dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair. This is a far cry from the blonde-haired, blue-eyed, fair-skinned Jesus in many modern pictures. One thing is clear: if it were important for us to know what He really did look like, Matthew, Peter and John, who spent three years with Him, would certainly be able to give us an accurate description, as would His own brothers, James and Jude. Yet, these New Testament writers offer no details about His physical attributes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
158 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago