Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
234 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
157 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #21
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,340 | Props total: 1419 1419
btw I see where you are coming from.
 7 years ago '06        #22
cboi3523 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,962 | Props total: 44 44
 WezLFaCe_KiD said:

n*gga i belive in Goku more .
Both are made up of corse but his story is the Shizznat :dancingcool:
:r ofl:
This sh*t had me rollin.
I believe it and I don't maybe to a certain extent. But when yall find someone that can part the sea again let me know. Jesus is probably only as real as Horace the Egyptian sun God.

Bible = Stories and roomers
There are too many Jesus stories that were waaayyyy before our time and the bible.
No will know until it's time to go.
 7 years ago '06        #23
cboi3523 9 heat pts
space
space
 WezLFaCe_KiD said:
i have some faith that there might be higher power(s) in this whole universe

But come on dawg us
You actually believe that us as Humans
(just like 10 Plus thousand years in existence )
already have the answer to What happens after we die
and how were supposed to get there ,
n*gga please theres Billions of Planets ,
and millions of Galaxy's and parallel universes
and you think people from thousands of years ago
who thought the world was flat
knows this ultra complex answer
and your just gonna stand there and nod your head
at least do a lil research b4 u give your 100% ok on it
do u ever wonder why theres so many religions
because each civilization needs to make up something
to rationalize it to their people if something bad happens

No ONE KNOWS . I believe in karma and incarnation because in a sense we are all recycled .and that their might be Higher power(s)

but religion i dont need that to tell me whats right from wrong (especially since their has been a lot of lives lost from it )
Co-sign
Right wit cha fam we on the same page.
 11-06-2010, 07:48 PM         #24
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CuZzA said:
Zeitgeist? Hahahahaha. The Bible has lasted 2000 years under intense scrutiny and thrives more now than it ever has. The Zeitgeist movie lasted one watch from historians, theologians, scientists and astrologers before it was branded baseless, fictional bulls**t.

Religion is at a downfall. Every year there are more non-believers. It is only a matter of time before atheism or agnosticism will be as popular as religion is today.

And honestly, aren't we a little too old to believe in someone who wears a f**king cape?
 7 years ago '06        #25
cboi3523 9 heat pts
space
space
 jayjay2 said:
If that s**t makes you distrust god like others have said, then your faith never was there in the first place
No distrust, Zeitgeist just answers some of the questions preachers, priest, church goers, and bibles can't. There are hundreds of Jesus stories and that's undeniable and that was before the bible that you read today.
 7 years ago '10        #26
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,279 | Props total: 7574 7574
Nice...
 7 years ago '06        #27
cboi3523 9 heat pts
space
space
 JerseyLegend said:
Religion is at a downfall. Every year there are more non-believers. It is only a matter of time before atheism or agnosticism will be as popular as religion is today.

And honestly, aren't we a little too old to believe in someone who wears a f**king cape?
Co-Sign.
For real, people are just finally opening their eyes and thinking outside of the box that the bible and religion creates.
 7 years ago '06        #28
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 0 0
Just a few things I posted in another thread:

----------------

HHS said:
^ I love how your source for validating the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies is the New Testament, written by believers in Jesus, starting decades after his death. In other words, these were people with a vested interest in confirming his status as the Messiah.

If you think that's convincing to anyone not already indoctrinated to believe this stuff without question, without an ounce of critical thought, you're extremely deluded.

Try to validate these details with non-Biblical historical sources and see how many you can corroborate.

Why do you keep dismissing the Bible as a religious text instead of a historical one? It's a historical text, written in such a scrutinising way, that it should be analysed as such. You believe other historical texts, written as a result of oral tradition and eyewitness accounts, so why dismiss the Bible?

I want to give you five reasons why I think that the claim 'The Bible is God's message to the world' is genuine - five pieces of evidence which makes me confident that the Bible is absolutely trustworthy and will always be relevant.

1. Manuscripts
A large part of the Bible deals with eyewitness accounts - first-hand information passed on with meticulous care. Even today, the Jewish people repeat their traditional teaching and stories in the same form as they did centuries ago. Besides, all the New Testament books were written down within 40 years after Jesus died. Just think how hard it would be to describe the years after the Second World War as a time of 'plentiful petrol, no rationing, hardly any bomb damage in London and plenty of money for everyone.' There are thousands of people still alive today who would say you were lying. They were there! So, when the New Testament books were first circulating, there would have been uproar if the facts were inaccurate or simply made up.

When the first manuscripts were copied, they weren't done in some cavalier, haphazard fashion. The Jewish copyists took their work seriously. The discovery of even the smallest error could lead to the whole manuscript being destroyed and work beginning all over again. There are thousands of these copies available to study, and they give us a remarkably accurate picture of the original documents. This is what makes the Bible unique. There are simply no other writings from this period with anything like the support the Bible has.
Everyone believes that Julius Caesar came to Britain in 55 BC, but we only have nine or ten manuscripts to support this, and the earliest was written 900 years AFTER the event (and you talk about the New Testament being written a few decades after Jesus' death?) In contrast, we have over 2000 manuscripts of the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John - the first four books of the New Testament), some of which were written only 200 years after the events. As time goes by, earlier manuscripts come to light which confirm the accuracy of later copies. All in all, the manuscript evidence is impressive:

[code]The wealth of manuscripts, and above all the narrow interval of time between the writing and the earliest extant copies, make it by far the best attested text of any ancient writing in the world.[/code]
- From Can we Trust the New Testament? by John Robinson.

So what we have in the Bible is a very well document, carefully compiled piece of literature; an authentic record of events, preserved over the centuries with unequalled accuracy. It cannot be dismissed lightly.

2. Archaeology
Digging around in ancient ruins is not everyone's idea of a good time, but this painstaking and detailed work has produced compelling evidence to support the accuracy of many Bible passages. Time after time, those who question the integrity of the Bible have to retreat in the face of clear archaeological evidence.
In the late nineteenth century, archaeological investigator Sir William Ramsay went to the Middle East expecting to discover evidence confirming the inaccuracies of the Bible. He found precisely the opposite. Everything he uncovered showed how reliable the biblical record was. Others have discovered this since. Donald Wiseman, professor emeritus at London University, wrote:

[code]No fact of archaeology so far discovered contradicts the biblical record[/code]
- From Digging for Truth

And Dr. J. O. Kinnaman wrote:
[code]Of the hundreds of thousands of artefacts found by the archaeologists, not one has ever been discovered that contradicts or denies one word, phrase, clause or sentence of the Bible.[/code]
- From The Encyclopaedia of 7700 Illustrations.

From as long ago as 2000BC, there is archaeological evidence that confirms many of the details given in the Bible: facts about the city Abraham came from; the unearthing of some of Solomon's military installations; inscriptions from the time of Moses; remarkable confirmation that the Jews really did go into exile in the sixth century BC.
Turning to the New Testament, scholars had dismissed John's description of the Pool of Bethesda - in chapter five of his Gospel - as 'poetic licence'. But in 1888, archaeologists excavated the site and discovered all five porches and an inscription saying that the water had healing properties. Luke had also been confirmed as a reliable historian, and Paul as an accurate author.
All this should help us get away from the idea that the Bible is a collection of fairy tales, a sort of spiritual Aesop's Fable. It isn't. It's a message with its roots in history, and its basis in fact.

3. Prophecy
Another thing that makes the Bible such an amazing book is the way it predicts events in the future, which then happen. I've already given you so many examples, but let me explain in further detail.

When I use the word 'prophecy', I don't mean the sort of things you can read in your average horoscope (i.e. 'Today you will meet a beautiful woman. Tomorrow it will be dry if it's not raining'). I mean specific predictions which are unmistakably fulfilled. There are hundreds of them in the Bible.

Ezekiel predicted in the sixth century BC that Tyre (a major city, and thriving industrial centre) would be defeated and utterly destroyed. Nebuchadnezzar and then Alexander the Great brought about the fulfilment of this prophecy in 333 BC. It even says in Ezekiel 26:14, 'I will leave only a bare rock where fisherman can dry their nets.' Sure enough, after Tyre was taken over by the Arabs in AD 1291, it became a poor fishing village. Among many other fulfilled predictions, Amos foretold the downfall of Israel, Jeremiah the capture of Jerusalem, Isaiah the return of the Jews from exile, and Jesus the destruction of Jerusalem.

So I understand your point that, the New Testament was, quote, "written by believers in Jesus, starting decades after his death. In other words, these were people with a vested interest in confirming his status as the Messiah.", but prophecies weren't always just about Jesus. I gave you accounts of prophecies concerning Jesus earlier because of their importance, not because they were the only ones. So how would you explain prophecies such as the ones above? You can't. Each one happened. In fact, not a single prediction in the Bible can be shown to be false - a remarkable record.

4. Survival under attack
The Bible has had its enemies, yet it has resisted all their attacks, and its influence continues to grow. This is even more remarkable when you consider the nature of the opposition.

There has been opposition from philosophers, some of whom have relegated the Bible to the level of ancient superstition, a set of ideas appropriate to the dawn of civilisation but irrelevant to our advancing culture. The eighteenth-century French thinker, Voltaire, predicted that the Bible's days were numbered, and an enlightened world would soon take over. But over 200 years after his death, the Bible is more widely read than ever before. (As a side note, Voltaire's old house in France is now used as a storage and distribution centre for a Bible agency. Ironic?)

There has also been opposition from governments. From time to time, over the last 2000 years of Christianity, the Bible has been outlawed. During the French Revolution, it was seen as an instrument of aristocratic oppression, and owning or reading a Bible was officially discouraged. Jean-Jacques Rousseau's Social Contract (1762) was seen as a much more significant piece of literature for the salvation of France. In the twentieth century, we saw the rise and fall of atheistic Communism, particularly in Russia and China. Millions of people have lived under governments that actively discouraged the ownership and reading of the Bible. Printing presses were destroyed and printers put in prison. If spoken of at all, the Bible was dismissed as capitalist propaganda unworthy of consideration in the new world of the revolution. But, after decades of attack, there is still a great demand for Bibles in the former Soviet Union. More and more young people in Eastern Europe want to read it for themselves, and many Christian groups are crying out to the West for more Bibles to meet growing demand. Similar things are also happening in China. But what is certain is that years of government pressure have not dented the Bible's defences. If anything, its popularity has grown.

There has even been opposition from inside the church - well, sections of it anyway. As long ago as the fourteenth century, John Wycliffe faced vigorous opposition from the church authorities when he set to work to translate the Bible into English and make it accessible to ordinary people. Over the years, liberal theologians have tried to discredit the accuracy of the biblical record, labelling the Gospels, for example, as 'clever stories which came largely from the imagination of the writers' - similar to what you said.
However, where we can check the details of the stories with outside sources, the Bible proves accurate. For example, Josephus confirms the ministry of John the Baptist, the death of Herod Agrippa and Pilate's role in the death of Jesus. All these events were historical facts, known and recorded because they happened. What's more, the 'clever stories' theory is rejected by many experts in the field of literature. C.S. Lewis lectured in English Literature for almost 40 years at both Oxford and Cambridge universities. After examining many different kinds of literature, he was convinced that there are only two possible views of the Gospels: either they are reports of actual events, or someone came up with the modern novel-writing technique over 1500 years before anyone else. He found the second view incredible. Evidence from literature studies and historical sources seem to say that statements in the Bible are reliable accounts of real events.

Opposition to the Bible continues. New theories arise that question its accuracy. Some public figures pour scorn on it. Television documentaries attempt to discredit it with half-baked opinions cloaked in the veneer of academic respectability. People cast doubt on its capacity to provide a single coherent explanation about us and our world. But if the Bible can take the worst that the last 2000 years has thrown at it and still flourish, it seems unlikely to be in danger from any twenty-first century critic.

5. It works
This is the crux of the matter. The four areas of evidence outlined so far all point to the reliability of the Bible, but this one brings the issue home. The bible makes sense of the world, provides explanation for what has gone wrong and gives a blueprint for change. And this blueprint works. Millions of people - and this is no exaggeration - have read the Bible and found that it was like looking in the mirror. Everything it said about human nature was true about them. This discovery is very depressing because the Bible has no qualms about describing the mess we are in - steeped in greed (look at the current economic climate), pride, envy, lust (abolishing the pr0n industry in America alone would destroy the economy even further) and selfishness of every kind. What makes it even harder to swallow is that no one escapes judgement. No one at all.

But it isn't all bad news. The Bible does go on to describe the antidote to all this - a clean sheet, wrong things forgiven and a new power for living. I have experienced this myself since becoming a Christian three-and-a-half years ago when I was 17, and have found the message of the Bible to be true.
None of this will come as a surprise to anyone who accepts what the Bible says about itself. It claims to be a message from God to every human being; no wonder what it says is true and really works in changing people's lives.

You can always test this claim for yourself. Get hold of a contemporary translation of the Bible and turn to the Gospel of John. Read it carefully and with an open mind. Persevere to the end of the Gospel and keep asking yourself, 'What response do I need to make if this is true?'. Ask a Christian you know to explain any bits you can't understand. If you don't know any Christians, make an appointment to see your local pastor, minister or vicar - they won't bite!

I'm not 'asking' you to become a Christian - even though that would be great, but if you read the Bible with an open mind, you will discover for yourself what a powerful book it is.

----------------
 7 years ago '07        #29
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
swagga jacking brazil?
 7 years ago '06        #30
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 HHS said:
The burden of proof rests on you for your specific claims.
Really? That's funny, since the atheist can offer no logical, irrefutable proof for his/her case. He/she may draw on certain philosophical arguments, personal experiences or 'informed opinions' - but in the end, none of this will be conclusive proof. Not only that, but the very nature of his/her case is difficult: it is always harder to establish clearly what is not than to establish what is.

Say, for example, I call downstairs to my girlfriend in the morning,
"I can't find my keys!"
She says, "They're in the spare room!"
I look for a few moments, then yell, "No, they're not!"
"Yes, they are!", she replies.

It's much easier for her to prove her case. If she comes upstairs and finds my keys, she was right. Even if she can't find them straight away, she may still be right if they are found later. To prove my (your) case, I have to search every inch of the room, leaving absolutely no space unexplored. She will only have been proved wrong when I have done all of this. Similarly, atheism can only be proved right if every single scrap of information is ferreted out and analysed for traces of God.

A completely impossible task.

Not even the most arrogant of human beings would claim to know everything. Yet, without this knowledge, how can the atheist say for certain that God does not exist? The statement, 'There is no God' has 'Case unproven' written all over it.

I believe the burden of proof rests on your shoulders.

----------------

lifetimez said:
Ain't this the very definition of irony? Wow

Read this over to yourself slowly.
Not when the Bible claims to be inspired word of God, written by man.
By denying that the Bible is the inspired word of God and only the written word of man, you automatically limit God - which therefore doesn't make Him God. By making that claim as a Christian...then you're not a Christian. As a Christian, I'm not going to deny that claim. If I did, you'd then all slaughter me for being inconsistent with my beliefs.

Christians can't win.

----------------

But then again, we're not trying to win. Sure, we can all have a debate about it. I don't mind that. But the fact is, nobody can win. Atheists spend a lot of their time trying to disprove the existence of God. Being an atheist means living every day with the possibility that evidence will come to light which will prove them wrong. Back to my analogy of the keys earlier - every moment of the search could prove me wrong; every moment could prove my girlfriend right. I can only be right at the end of a long search; she could be right any time during the search.

This is a trivial illustration, but if the outcome of our search were crucial, my every moment would be filled with dread at being proved wrong; hers would would be filled with the hope of being proved right. So, logically speaking, an atheist is never secure until he or she has explored all the options.

George Bernard Shaw, atheist playwright whose work inspired My Fair Lady, illustrates the precariousness of this position:

The science to which I pinned my faith is bankrupt. I believed it once. In its name, I helped destroy the faith of millions of worshippers in the temples of a thousand creeds. And now they look at me and witness the tragedy of an atheist who has lost his faith.
- From Too True to be Good

----------------
 7 years ago '06        #31
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 cboi3523 said:
No distrust, Zeitgeist just answers some of the questions preachers, priest, church goers, and bibles can't. There are hundreds of Jesus stories and that's undeniable and that was before the bible that you read today.

Question: "Is there any validity to the Zeitgeist movie?"

Answer: The “Zeitgeist movie,” which is available for viewing on the Web – , is essentially a baseless conspiracy theory focused on attacking the Christian faith and the government of the United States. What is interesting, though, is that while nearly all the a.ssertions put forth in the movie are completely wrong, the end fear promoted by the movie is correct and backed by Scripture (depending on one’s view of biblical eschatology).

The purpose of this article is to address the first conspiracy theory (out of four) put forth in the movie—that Jesus is a mythological amalgamation of various pagan gods and deities invented by the Egyptians and other cultures. Time will not be spent addressing the two major claims that follow in the movie—that the U.S. government architected and planned the attacks that occurred on 9/11 (with a.ssertions being made that a pattern of such domestic attacks exists in history) and that there is a major banking conspiracy attempting to control the finances of all U.S. citizens and ultimately, the world. In the end, a comment will be made concerning the last theory—that a one-world government is coming.

The allegations concerning Jesus in the Zeitgeist movie can be summarized as follows: the Jesus proclaimed in the Bible is not a historical person, and in fact He never existed. Instead, Jesus is an invention of the biblical authors who painstakingly copied attributes of ancient pagan deities and created a new god to be worshiped. Jesus mirrors various pagan deities in the manner of His birth, life, death, and resurrection.

Further, the movie a.sserts that astrology is the foundation behind much of the writing in Scripture. The end conclusion is that Christianity is a myth—just as all the pagan religions that came before it—and is therefore untrue. To address these a.ssertions, it is helpful to break them down into three groups:

• The subject of astrology and the Bible.
• The supposed similarities between Jesus and mythological heroes.
• The evidence for the truthfulness of the gospel accounts.

The Zeitgeist movie (from the German meaning “spirit of the age” or literally “time” [Zeit] “spirit” [Geist]) claims that the Bible is based on astrology and the stars. Perhaps one of the most telling statements in all the Bible regarding the importance God places on the stars is found in Genesis 1:16b: “He made the stars also.” This simple statement reveals the extent of the importance of the stars’ creation. Some biblical commentators have said this brevity of description is deliberate as God wants to in no way give the stars significance. In truth, rather than giving the stars, sun, and moon any value beyond what they were created for, there are a number of places in Scripture that denounce their worship. Deuteronomy 4:19 says, “And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.” In fact, Deuteronomy 17:2-5 prescribes a death sentence for anyone found worshiping the creation rather than the Creator.

In Isaiah 47:13 God mockingly asks if the stargazers can actually protect those who follow them from the real Power of the universe: “All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you.” So the Zeitgeist movie’s claim that the Bible is based on astrology goes against what is written in the Book itself.

In addition to the faulty concept of astrology and the Bible being joined at the hip, the specific statements made in the film about this supposed link disregard historical facts. For example, the movie states that the number 12 in the Bible refers to the 12 zodiacal signs. So the 12 patriarchs, 12 tribes of Israel, and 12 disciples of Jesus are supposed to match the number of the astrological signs. This is out of the realm of possibility, as Genesis was written around 1000 B.C. with the actual events having occurred much earlier. History shows that the division of the stars/constellations into the 12 zodiacal signs did not occur until the Babylonians made the divisions around the fifth century B.C.

The meatier part of the first section of the movie is devoted to allegations of Jesus being nothing but a combination of pagan deities whose attributes the gospel writers borrowed to create their own new god. The main authority used in this portion of the movie, and the first major mythological figure presented as a forerunner of Jesus, is the Egyptian god Horus. If we see that the research on their primary character is flawed, it follows that the same faulty investigation methods/materials will be present in everything else.

The Zeitgeist movie makes these claims about the Egyptian god Horus:
• He was born on December 25 of a virgin (Isis Mary)
• A star in the East proclaimed his arrival
• Three kings came to adore the new-born “savior”
• He became a prodigious teacher at age 12
• At age 30 he was “baptized” and began a “ministry”
• Horus had twelve “disciples”
• Horus was betrayed
• He was crucified
• He was buried for three days
• He was resurrected after three days

If true, this would certainly be unsettling to followers of Christ. However, examining each point in detail is quite revealing. First, it is true that Egyptian legend has Horus being born to Isis. But where did the trailing name of “Mary” that used in the movie come from? No mention in any Egyptian literature links the name Isis to the name Mary. Isis was also not a virgin. No account of Horus’ birth makes this statement. Isis was not a virgin, but the widow of Osiris, another Egyptian god who conceived Horus with Isis. Finally, Horus was supposedly born during the month of Khoiak (Oct/Nov), and not on December 25, a fact which does not help their claim of marrying the stories of Horus and Jesus, anyway, because the Bible never a.ssigns a birth date to Christ.

Next, the film states that a star in the East announced Horus’ birth and that three kings came to bring gifts to the “savior.” However, when stories detailing the birth of Horus are examined, there is no star or three kings who come to visit him. Trying to link this to Christianity fails in any event, as the account of Christ’s birth in Matthew has magi (wise men, not kings) coming to Jesus with their actual number not being stated. Clearly, the movie is using the traditions of December 25 and three wise men, not the Bible, to link Jesus and Horus. Finally, the movie calls Horus a “savior.” There are no descriptions of Horus being a savior to anyone or serving in that capacity.

This is an important point: the movie takes extreme liberty in the quick and subtle uses of Christian words and phrases that in no way accurately describe the actual pagan god or his attributes. This is seen again in the statements of Horus being “baptized” and starting a “ministry.” The only accounts remotely related to Horus and water are the stories told of Osiris (his father who is sometimes combined in ancient accounts with Horus to form one individual) whose body was cut up into 14 pieces by his enemy, Set, and scattered throughout the earth. Isis supposedly found each part of the body and after having Osiris float in the Nile, he came back to life or became the lord of the underworld, depending on which account is read. In any event, stating that Horus was “baptized” is simply playing fast and loose with Christian terminology and is another obvious attempt to link mythology and the Bible.

In addition, Horus had no “ministry.” Horus becoming a teacher at age 12 (mimicking the account of Jesus at the temple as a youth) is nowhere to be found in accounts of Horus; neither are there any statements to the effect that he had 12 “disciples.” According to the Horus accounts, Horus had four semi-gods that were followers and some indications of 16 human followers and an unknown number of blacksmiths that went into battle with him. No accounts of Horus being betrayed are found in his portrayals and he certainly did not die by crucifixion in any account. There is an incident described in one story of Horus being torn to pieces, with Iris requesting that the crocodile god pull him out of the water, but the movie does not mention this, as it does not fit their agenda. Further, the movie puts the account of Horus as originating in 3000 B.C., which predates the invention and practice of crucifixion, so there is another historical problem that must be overcome.

The claims of Horus being buried for three days and resurrected are not to be found in any ancient Egyptian texts, either. Some accounts have Osiris being brought back to life by Isis and going to be the lord of the underworld. But there is no mention of a burial for three days and no mention of his physically coming out of a grave in the same physical body he went in with and never dying again. And there is certainly no account of Horus dying for others as Jesus did.

In the end, the attempt to prove Horus was a picture/forerunner of Jesus simply fails from lack of any historical evidence. The movie continues in this same vein with all the other mythological pagan deities that pre-dated Jesus (Attis, Krishna, etc.) As just another simple example, the Zeitgeist movie says that Hindu’s Krishna was also crucified and resurrected. However, Hindu teachings clearly state that Krishna was k!lled by an arrow shot from a hunter who accidentally hit him in his heel, and after he died, he ascended to be with Brahman. None of the pagan deities, when accurately examined, mirror the Son of God recorded in the New Testament Gospels.

Of course, neither does the movie note the following facts:
• The many archaeological details confirming New Testament accounts.
• The historically confirmed references to the details of the life of Christ.
• The early dating of the Gospel accounts during the lifetime of the eyewitnesses.
• The deep moral convictions of the authors and their commitment to truth.
• The accounts of the apostles going to their deaths for what they believed.
• The typology of Joseph and Jesus (used by the film to supposedly debunk the actual existence of Christ) is very well known and accepted by conservative Christian scholars as a foreshadowing of the first coming of Jesus.
• All the good produced by Christianity (see How Christianity Changed the World by Dr. Alvin Schmidt), which is brushed aside with only the crusades and other like events being highlighted.

It is interesting to note that Christianity is the only faith attacked in the movie—Islam, Hinduism, and others don’t warrant a mention. Though the faith of the producers is not exposed, there is a blurb at the end speaking to the effect that “all is one,” with a clip of noted evolutionist/materialist Carl Sagan saying that the earth is a single organism and that a “new consciousness is developing” that shows all is one. This is paganism, pure and simple.

At the end of the movie, religion is called a distraction engineered by a secret group of people who are using it (along with the media and other mechanisms) to dumb down the population so they will accept with open arms a coming one-world government. This is the one proposition put forth by the movie that is plausible insofar as it is backed by prophetic statements made in both the Old and New Testaments. The books of Daniel, 1 & 2 Thessalonians, and Revelation speak to the ambition of a world ruler who is to come.

It is interesting also that the movie quotes Jesus—someone they say never existed—from John 8:32: “You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free,” although they misquote it and say, “You must seek the truth and the truth will set you free.” The producers of the Zeitgeist movie, unfortunately, do not do this and instead choose to align themselves with very questionable and outright fabricated sources to malign Christianity and label it and all religions as pawns used by a secret organization they claim is currently working to take over the world. One thing is for certain, reaching such a conclusion using faulty materials certainly requires a lot of faith. Much more faith, in fact, than it takes to accept the truth and historical validity of Christianity.

Christians should not be surprised that such unfounded claims are invented in the imaginations of unbelievers and passed along by others as fact; in reality, such inventions are to be expected. Peter writes in his second epistle, “But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves” (2 Peter 2:1).
 7 years ago '10        #32
kennboy1 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$3,584 | Props total: 1 1
Cuzza thanks for protecting the word of God. But you know these boxdens user aren't going to read all that, most of them anyway. You probably can expect a "didn't read" gif.
 7 years ago '10        #33
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,407 | Props total: 2275 2275
Oh i dont even care, I don't try to change people I just post what I feel, you can live your life whichever way you want to... I used to try and change people for a long time... Now it's whatever we all here... But athiests???
You have to believe something is there in order for you to believe it isn't Idk, that's just me
 7 years ago '06        #34
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 JerseyLegend said:

Yeah, you're right. We are a little too old to believe in someone who wares a cape.

So, who believes in that? If you can point me in their direction, I'd love to have a little laugh at them. Fancy joining me?
 7 years ago '06        #35
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 kennboy1 said:
Cuzza thanks for protecting the word of God. But you know these boxdens user aren't going to read all that, most of them anyway. You probably can expect a "didn't read" gif.
It's cool man. But if they don't read all that, then they're not 'atheists'. They're dumbasses. They're taking people's words for it instead of finding out for themselves. That's why you get stupid comments like:

JerseyLegend said:
I sure as hell don't believe in anybody who wears a cape. But that's the world we live in now. Stupid people THINKING they're clever.

Another problem with people today is that they don't listen. I heard the best way to learn is to talk 10% of the time, and listen the other 90%. Obviously not everyone can do this because you'll all be talking 10% and then there would be a large amount of awkward silence But if some of BX could apply this sometimes, then maybe they would learn something.
 7 years ago '07        #36
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900

Isaiah 47
The Humiliation of Babylon
1 “Come down and sit in the dust,
O virgin daughter of Babylon;
Sit on the ground without a throne,
O daughter of the Chaldeans!
For you shall no more be called
Tender and delicate.
2 Take the millstones and grind meal.
Remove your veil,
Take off the skirt,
Uncover the thigh,
Pass through the rivers.
3 Your nekkidness shall be uncovered,
Yes, your shame will be seen;
I will take vengeance,
And I will not arbitrate with a man.”
4 As for our Redeemer, the LORD of hosts is His name,
The Holy One of Israel.
5 “ Sit in silence, and go into darkness,
O daughter of the Chaldeans;
For you shall no longer be called
The Lady of Kingdoms.
6 I was angry with My people;
I have profaned My inheritance,
And given them into your hand.
You showed them no mercy;
On the elderly you laid your yoke very heavily.
7 And you said, ‘I shall be a lady forever,’
So that you did not take these things to heart,
Nor remember the latter end of them.
8 “ Therefore hear this now, you who are given to pleasures,
Who dwell securely,
Who say in your heart, ‘I am, and there is no one else besides me;
I shall not sit as a widow,
Nor shall I know the loss of children’;
9 But these two things shall come to you
In a moment, in one day:
The loss of children, and widowhood.
They shall come upon you in their fullness
Because of the multitude of your sorceries,
For the great abundance of your enchantments.
10 “ For you have trusted in your wickedness;
You have said, ‘No one sees me’;
Your wisdom and your knowledge have warped you;
And you have said in your heart,

‘ I am, and there is no one else besides me.’
11 Therefore evil shall come upon you;
You shall not know from where it arises.
And trouble shall fall upon you;
You will not be able to put it off.
And desolation shall come upon you suddenly,
Which you shall not know.
12 “ Stand now with your enchantments
And the multitude of your sorceries,
In which you have labored from your youth—
Perhaps you will be able to profit,
Perhaps you will prevail.
13 You are wearied in the multitude of your counsels;
Let now the astrologers, the stargazers,
And the monthly prognosticators
Stand up and save you
From what shall come upon you.
14 Behold, they shall be as stubble,
The fire shall burn them;
They shall not deliver themselves
From the power of the flame;
It shall not be a coal to be warmed by,
Nor a fire to sit before!
15 Thus shall they be to you
With whom you have labored,
Your merchants from your youth;
They shall wander each one to his quarter.
No one shall save you.
 7 years ago '05        #37
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
Come at me bro!
 7 years ago '05        #38
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
 Blockburner28 said:
I read the bible big homie and I have a audio bible also, but are you talking about this?

Isaiah 44 14:20

He cuts down cedars for himself,
And takes the cypress and the oak;
He secures it for himself among the trees of the forest.
He plants a pine, and the rain nourishes it.
Then it shall be for a man to burn,
For he will take some of it and warm himself;
Yes, he kindles it and bakes bread;
Indeed he makes a god and worships it;
He makes it a carved image, and falls down to it.
He burns half of it in the fire;
With this half he eats meat;
He roasts a roast, and is satisfied.
He even warms himself and says, “ Ah! I am warm,
I have seen the fire.”
And the rest of it he makes into a god,
His carved image.
He falls down before it and worships it,
Prays to it and says,

“ Deliver me, for you are my god!”
They do not know nor understand;
For He has shut their eyes, so that they cannot see,
And their hearts, so that they cannot understand.
And no one considers in his heart,
Nor is there knowledge nor understanding to say,

“ I have burned half of it in the fire,
Yes, I have also baked bread on its coals;
I have roasted meat and eaten it;
And shall I make the rest of it an abomination?
Shall I fall down before a block of wood?”
20 He feeds on ashes;
A deceived heart has turned him aside;
And he cannot deliver his soul,
Nor say, “Is there not a lie in my right hand?”

Jeremiah 10:1-10

Idols and the True God

Hear the word which the LORD speaks to you, O house of Israel.
Thus says the LORD:

Do not learn the way of the Gentiles;
Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven,
For the Gentiles are dismayed at them.
For the customs of the peoples are futile;
For one cuts a tree from the forest,
The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.
They decorate it with silver and gold;
They fasten it with nails and hammers
So that it will not topple.
They are upright, like a palm tree,
And they cannot speak;
They must be carried,
Because they cannot go by themselves.
Do not be afraid of them,
For they cannot do evil,
Nor can they do any good.”
Inasmuch as there is none like You, O LORD
(You are great, and Your name is great in might),
Who would not fear You, O King of the nations?
For this is Your rightful due.
For among all the wise men of the nations,
And in all their kingdoms,
There is none like You.
But they are altogether dull-hearted and foolish;
A wooden idol is a worthless doctrine.
Silver is beaten into plates;
It is brought from Tarshish,
And gold from Uphaz,
The work of the craftsman
And of the hands of the metalsmith;
Blue and purple are their clothing;
They are all the work of skillful men.
But the LORD is the true God;
He is the living God and the everlasting King.
At His wrath the earth will tremble,
And the nations will not be able to endure His indignation.

Both of the prophets are pretty much talking about idols, so in other words if you pray to your Christmas tree then this is directed to you.

Yeah but....

This right here is my swag
All the girls are on me, damn
Everybody pay attention
This right here is my pretty boy swag (ayeee)
Pretty boy swag(ayye)x3
Girls on my d!ck when I pretty boy swag
Girls scream my name when I pretty boy swag
Watch me pretty boy swag (ayye)x4
Souljer!

Soulja Boy
Get out the wayy
Pretty boy comin' thru
Me and my crew we swaggin in the room
Girls on my heavy 'cause I look so s3xy
Yellow diamond shawty in the club straight flexin
I'm lookin' for a yellow bone long haired star
Thick in the hips come and get in my car
You party with a star we take off and go to mars
Pretty boy take off in 5.4.3.2.1

Chorus
Everybody pay attention
Pretty boy swag(ayye)x3
Watch me pretty boy swag (aye)
Pretty boy swag(ayye)x3

Soulja Boy
I'm pretty boy swaggin' in the club I feel s3xy, (no homo)
No homo shawty but my chest is straight flexin (flexin)
Tatted on my neck shawty said she choose me (choose me)
She got nice t*tties and a fat a.ss b00ty (b00ty)
Took her to my condo let the girl strip
Then she got nekkid then she pretty girl dipped (souljer)
Damn I like the way lil mamma shake that a.ss
She pretty girl dancin while I pretty boy swag
GOT DAMN!

Chorus
Everybody pay attention
Pretty boy swag(ayye)x3
Watch me pretty boy swag (ayye)
Pretty boy swag(ayye)x3
 7 years ago '10        #39
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,407 | Props total: 2275 2275
 meepos said:
Yeah but....

Everybody pay attention
Pretty boy swag(ayye)x3
Watch me pretty boy swag (ayye)x4
Souljer!

Soulja Boy
Get out the wayy
Pretty boy comin' thru
Me and my crew we swaggin in the room
Girls on my heavy 'cause I look so s3xy
Yellow diamond shawty in the club straight flexin
I'm lookin' for a yellow bone long haired star
Thick in the hips come and get in my car
You party with a star we take off and go to mars
Pretty boy take off in 5.4.3.2.1

Chorus
Everybody pay attention
Pretty boy swag(ayye)x3
Watch me pretty boy swag (aye)
Pretty boy swag(ayye)x3

Soulja Boy
I'm pretty boy swaggin' in the club I feel s3xy, (no homo)
No homo shawty but my chest is straight flexin (flexin)
Tatted on my neck shawty said she choose me (choose me)
She got nice t*tties and a fat a.ss b00ty (b00ty)
Took her to my condo let the girl strip
Then she got nekkid then she pretty girl dipped (souljer)
Damn I like the way lil mamma shake that a.ss
She pretty girl dancin while I pretty boy swag
GOT DAMN!

Chorus
Everybody pay attention
Pretty boy swag(ayye)x3
Watch me pretty boy swag (ayye)
Pretty boy swag(ayye)x3

Simpletons
 11-06-2010, 08:16 PM         #40
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So were supposed to disprove god? Every single time science comes up with new facts that disprove something religions have in there texts then the religious people change it up to "Oh its not literal"

The question isn't how we can disprove your religion but how easy it would be. It depends on if you take your "historic" texts literally or not. Like how old do you think the earth is? Do you believe in evolution or god creating everything in 7 days?

If you want to be religious I won't even talk s**t to you or put you down but stop acting like there are any facts on your side
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy