Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #21
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,459 | Props total: 65 65
 Crookz said:
there's no guarantee you could make that money back... clubs come and go. ur essentially gonna take a loss and hope u stay hot enough to make it back? thats foolish
there could be a club owner dumb enough to do this but like one of the dudes said before the club would have to be one of their least important businesses in order to take that gamble. most club's profit margins aren't even that good.
there's mad insurance u gotta pay for the establishment and the welfare of ur employees (mainly security)
promotion costs
merchandise costs
payroll
any extra furniture/stages/equipment u gotta pay for

and on top of that you'd have to worry about club capacity. with that being one of the biggest draws in the whole world you're gonna take the risk of packin it to make some profit at the door and the bars with the risk of being shut down by a fire marshall and not gettin ur money's worth.
it's too big of a gamble
So what you are explaining to me is that you fill there is no club in the world that it successful enough to be able to pull this off and that there is no club in the world that is generating millions of dollars in profit from their club per year. Am I correct?

Last edited by God_Manifested; 11-05-2010 at 06:53 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #22
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1486 1486
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
So what you are explaining to me is that you fill there is no club in the world that it successful enough to be able to pull this off and that there is no club in the world that is generating millions of dollars in profit from their club per year. Am I correct?
n*ggas is slow on here they thinking small as f**k
 7 years ago '08        #23
LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 91 91
 7 years ago '04        #24
space
space
 CaliIsActive said:
Now i see wht Baby stay spitting fake numbers Dumb n*ggas like Mchustle will believe anything

This n*ggas selling his crib to pay for lawyer fees

"Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see"

-Realest sh*t Jay ever spit
source?
 11-05-2010, 07:20 PM         #25
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
False, some one will give you a million just for you presence in their facility, to wear their clothes, or just to drink their soft drink, with no knowledge of how much this will improve their profits, but instead gambling on the faith they have in your brand combining with theirs.

One of the main elements of General Business is Marketing which involves a Product, the Production of the Product, the Selling of a product, but the most important element according to psychologist and business people alike is of course the Marketing of this product which bring us to advertising and promotion.

Simply put pick a market, figure out what that market needs or desires, then figure out who they listen to and look up to, and stand him next to it. Profits will be generated even when he is gone, cause the bottom line we used his services in the building of our brand.

Let me know if you need examples of times that this has been successful throughout the history of earth.

n*gga shut the f**k up......ur trying to compare s**t that isn't even comparable and threw in marketing 12 times to make urself look smart but it failed.
 7 years ago '04        #26
space
space
 lyrical genius said:
n*gga shut the f**k up......ur trying to compare s**t that isn't even comparable and threw in marketing 12 times to make urself look smart but it failed.
Could you point out the particulars.
 11-05-2010, 07:30 PM         #27
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
False, some one will give you a million just for you presence in their facility, to wear their clothes, or just to drink their soft drink, with no knowledge of how much this will improve their profits, but instead gambling on the faith they have in your brand combining with theirs.

One of the main elements of General Business is Marketing which involves a Product, the Production of the Product, the Selling of a product, but the most important element according to psychologist and business people alike is of course the Marketing of this product which bring us to advertising and promotion.

Simply put pick a market, figure out what that market needs or desires, then figure out who they listen to and look up to, and stand him next to it. Profits will be generated even when he is gone, cause the bottom line we used his services in the building of our brand.

Let me know if you need examples of times that this has been successful throughout the history of earth.
The main element of a business is to make a profit. Every single business plan of any successful business is gonna impicitly say that somewhere. Without a profit, a business aint gonna be a business for very long or is a charity

In order to yearn a profit, revenues have to exceed expenses. with just weezy's million dollar salary, clearly that club isn't pulling in a million that night. nor is that club, a f**king brand. the sale of weezy albums, shirts, shoes, etc. in no shape or form reflects there club other than that one night. so essentially, on day 2 out of jail wayne goes to another club and then ur whole brand theory means d!ck right????? Oh, i get it....every tomd!ckandharry like u are gonna go on road trips following the clubs wayne went too for the next year

the whole point of a brand is exclusiveness. u think if MJ started sporting reeboks every once in a while Jordan's would still be as popular?

I hope u never get a job in marketing, cause u will, lose someone, a s**t ton of cash.......
 7 years ago '04        #28
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
Most club owners are millionaires themselves, depending on the club (i.e. the Opium Group in Miami who manages Mansion, SET, Cameo, etc.), so spending a million to get Wayne in their club is feasible. Y'all looking at it as if they expect to make $2M back the same night, but it's a process with Wayne's appearance being the foundation.

The dude who posted before is right, the club gets the title of "the spot Wayne went to when he got out of jail".

As for Wayne being BROKE, I doubt that. I don't get why selling his crib necessarily means he's broke, but to each their own

Some of y'all aren't thinking logically and some of y'all just sound bitter as hell.
 11-05-2010, 07:38 PM         #29
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
Could you point out the particulars.
comparing an athlete to get millions of dollars for shoes or somebody advertising for a certain sports drink isnt even in the same real as a dude performing at ur club one night......yes, people get paid millions for commercials and such. is that what this story is about or is it about pissing away a million in a night for an appearance?

these dudes dont even make that much for a show where they at least get ticket revenue, concessions, etc. from 1,000s of people and u think its possible in a bar.........
 7 years ago '09        #30
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,708 | Props total: 6206 6206
 justinjones said:
that was a mediatakeout thread from a dumb "trust fund" b!tch. dont believe that
I believe that more than this,nobody is giving him a mil to stick his teeth through the door
 7 years ago '04        #31
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 lyrical genius said:
The main element of a business is to make a profit. Every single business plan of any successful business is gonna impicitly say that somewhere. Without a profit, a business aint gonna be a business for very long or is a charity

In order to yearn a profit, revenues have to exceed expenses. with just weezy's million dollar salary, clearly that club isn't pulling in a million that night. nor is that club, a f**king brand. the sale of weezy albums, shirts, shoes, etc. in no shape or form reflects there club other than that one night. so essentially, on day 2 out of jail wayne goes to another club and then ur whole brand theory means d!ck right????? Oh, i get it....every tomd!ckandharry like u are gonna go on road trips following the clubs wayne went too for the next year

the whole point of a brand is exclusiveness. u think if MJ started sporting reeboks every once in a while Jordan's would still be as popular?

I hope u never get a job in marketing, cause u will, lose someone, a s**t ton of cash.......
You're absolutely right, for the most part, but I disagree with you on one thing. It's pretty subjective, but in my opinion, the impact of Wayne coming to your club first is going to last longer than just one night even if he only makes a one night appearance.

They may not make a million dollar PROFIT, but even if they made $1.2M back, wouldn't it be worth it just for the $200K?
 11-05-2010, 07:43 PM         #32
Eiy-Kyu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 100%Trill said:
Paris Hilton got paid a million for a club appearance.
It was $500,000, and that was for her and her sister, and it was on New Year's Eve.
 11-05-2010, 07:52 PM         #33
ex-clu-sives 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You fools actually debate over another person's financial endeavors.

Get a life. Get your own money.

7 years ago '05        #34
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,933 | Props total: 6182 6182
n*ggaz mad cuz they get 7 hour at Burger king. Quit hating f*gs
 7 years ago '04        #35
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:

and it seems like you don't understand something pretty obvious which is Economics

Clubs don't make millions of dollars a night. I've worked in clubs and high end clubs since I was 17 and in the places where i've worked, we have brought in celebrities to perform not just to make an appereance and nobody charged any more than 20,000. As a matter of fact, i have friends that work at the velvet room ... thats the spot in atlanta where they have at least 2 celebrities a day and they don't be paying no near 100,000 for performances let alone appereances.

this is some ducktale s**t right here.
 7 years ago '04        #36
space
space
 lyrical genius said:

A brand is the identity of a specific product, service, or business. I guess there is no way possible for a club to fall into that category. And I think they were discussing profit before I showed up in this thread, hence my involvement. I came into this thread to explain that there are many elements in business that lead to profit as in football there are many elements that lead to touchdowns, if you think you can just put together a football team i.e. a business and just score touchdowns i.e. profit than you have sadly mistaken. But if your are willing to cover all the elements that it will take in order to have a football team that can score many touchdowns i.e. the elements of general business such as marketing and so on and so on, then you will score many touchdowns i.e. profit.

Now I think the real argument that is truly trying to be made here is, is there anyway a club can generate more than the million dollars that they would spend on Lil Wayne coming to their club that night. Well these are the things that have to be considered, what are the promotional and publicity benefits that can generated from such an investment, two elements of marketing I might add.

Well this is what would be my pitch to my colleagues briefly put as I can, considering that we would have to own a club that is marketed towards his market which is the urban market and in a city that is a tourist attraction i.e. Las Vegas or one of the country's major city's i.e. Miami, Los Angeles, New York. I would tell them this is the most important artist to urban pop culture, he has been locked up for 8 months, the urban world is on the edge of their seats in anticipation of a glimpse of him sense his release.

I believe that all major and viral media will be in attendance including celebrities that will come for free just to to party with him and I also believe that we can generate a mass amount of money from different company's that would like to advertise around our venue for this evening i.e. the wall back drop that everyone will be taking pictures in front on the red carpet. I believe this will have lasting effects on our venue and that people will automatically start to anticipate big things from us being that we scored the biggest urban pop culture draw in the world at this moment.

This is just a brief example but I guarantee that I would make them understand how this would be good for us.
 11-05-2010, 08:27 PM         #37
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*ppfft* you can see it in his eyes that that n*ggas lying..

n*ggas always talking about "I Heard"
 11-05-2010, 08:28 PM         #38
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
Just getting out of prison, being the most important artist to urban culture, and you don't see how that number can be multiplied. He can only make one first club appearance, there are probably clubs all across the world bidding for this and the highest one wins. It's not about the revenue you bring in that night, even though there will be a lot, it's about the reputation you build, the publicity, the press, and how you can capitalize on it after, Cash Money understands this, Club Owners understand this, I understand this. But I can see how other can not understand this, it's a business mind.

I can tell you this a million dollars and I believe it, cause if I had a spot that could handle this and the millions to go along with it I would pay it just to run off all other bidders, but minimum I would not want him seen until that night. Pull that off and I guarantee that you have, A.B.C., C.B.S., FOX and N.B.C. and their all of their affiliates, cause I have come to find out mostly all channels are just their affiliates, in attendance. And that my friend is worth a million dollars as long as there is no appearance prior, and all first released photos and footage have my club in the background.
so you was there when they offered him a million to make a club appearance, get the f**k outta here.
 7 years ago '10        #39
ironhead 44 heat pts44
space
space
$6,887 | Props total: 5777 5777
Its one thing not to understand Econimics. Its another not to understand English. Hes clearly stating that the appearance is for to the benefit of the club over a period of time and not just the night Waynes there. Now the actual numbers do play a big part and 1mil is a very large number.Its prolly a lot more than most top tier clubs can afford but he is right in theory. I dont know if he's right in this particular situation, but I do know you cant tell right from wrong when you cant read plain English.
 11-05-2010, 08:50 PM         #40
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=
This is just a brief example but I guarantee that I would make them understand how this would be good for us.[/QUOTE]

well ur failing here mayne on every accord and i m not some wealthy a.ss businessman with millions of dollars so good luck with that

Obama or motherf**king ex-president's don't even charge a fee like that

hey, more power to weezy if he gets that, but he won't, and ur on some straight up d!ckriding.........hard
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now