MLB offseason Thread

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
87 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
99 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #81
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
I saw that the Sox traded for Miller...I read a headline that said "BOS acquires former first round bust from Florida"

7 years ago '04        #82
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,665 | Props total: 13061 13061
Big time bust, but perhaps he'll do good with a change of scenery.
 7 years ago '04        #83
space
space
- Pirates hired former Rockies manager Clint Hurdle

- Dan Uggla being shopped, Blue Jays are the supposed frontrunners
 7 years ago '08        #84
AC_89 200 heat pts200 OP
space
space
$39,246 | Props total: 13611 13611
 stunna2004 said:
- Pirates hired former Rockies manager Clint Hurdle

Good hire but they still need more talent
 7 years ago '04        #85
space
space
They need a new everything,
 7 years ago '07        #86
space
space
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, the Marlins are discussing a trade that would sent Dan Uggla to the Braves for infielder Omar Infante and left-hander Mike Dunn.

Uggla's salary is going to be sky-high in his final year of arbitration, but this would be a pretty disappointing return for Marlins' fans. Infante is a perfectly capable utility player, but the Braves would be selling him off a career-best season. As for Dunn, he has a chance to be a reliable lefty out of the bullpen, but the Marlins just traded Cameron Maybin off to the Padres for two relievers this past weekend. They have to be able to do better than this, especially to justify a trade within the division.
rotoworld.com

that'd be a good pickup for ATL
 7 years ago '06        #87
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
dodgers need lee and crawford
 7 years ago '07        #88
space
space
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that John Buck's three-year deal with the Marlins will be worth $18 million.

Well, you can't say the Marlins are cheap here. Silly, maybe. Buck, 30, has successfully parlayed his first 20-homer season into a big money contract. We'd expect a small drop-off from a fantasy perspective, but he's still worth some attention in mixed leagues next season.

Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that the Yankees are waiting to hear whether Mariano Rivera wants a two-year deal or simply to go one year at a time.

According to Olney, the Yankees expect Rivera to want a two-year deal. Rivera, who turns 41 later this month, posted a fantastic 1.80 ERA and 0.83 WHIP along with 33 saves in 38 opportunities this past season. With no signs of slowing down, the Yankees probably won't have an issue with that.

Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that the Rangers flew to Arkansas on Monday in order to meet with Cliff Lee.

The Yankees already sent their entourage to Arkansas last week, so the Rangers countered with CEO Chuck Greenberg, team president Nolan Ryan and general manager Jon Daniels. The meeting with the free agent left-hander lasted approximately two hours. They obviously mean business here, but we likely won't see a resolution until December.

According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com, the Rays are "listening" to offers for Jason Bartlett.

Makes sense. Bartlett made $4 million this past season and is arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter. He could probably fetch some interest in a weak market for free agent infielders. The Rays have Reid Brignac as an in-house replacement should they find Bartlett a new home.
 7 years ago '07        #89
space
space
According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, the Cubs have checked in on free agent first baseman Carlos Pena.

The Cubs are also targeting free agent first baseman Adam Dunn, but Pena isn't a bad backup plan. He slugged 28 home runs and tallied 84 RBI for the AL East champion Rays this year. "I know that there are teams out there that will be interested in my services," Pena told MLB Network Radio on Tuesday. "I can’t stress how important it is for me to be in a place where I’m wanted and a place where they're going to be counting on me."

WEEI.com's Alex Speier reports that there are "no legs" to the rumors linking the Red Sox and Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton.

The D'Backs made it known this week that they are willing to listen to offers for Upton and the Red Sox, like many other teams, simply sent out a feeler. It's going to take a valuable package of prospects to lure the talented 23-year-old away from Arizona's grasp and it seems unlikely that a deal will get done this winter. Upton remains a major part of Arizona's future.

Jon Heyman of SI.com says that the Orioles "seem very interested" in free agent third baseman Adrian Beltre.

The Angels and Red Sox have already been linked to Beltre and several other teams are apparently locked in as well. The O's have had trouble luring in high profile free agents in recent years, but money talks and the 31-year-old Beltre is likely to follow the most lucrative long-term deal. He batted .321/.365/.553 with 28 home runs and 102 RBI for Boston this past season.
 7 years ago '05        #90
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
sleeper teams, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Toronto
 7 years ago '04        #91
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 741 741
somebody is going to pay John Buck 18 million?

7 years ago '08        #92
Jeans&Sneakers 158 heat pts158
space
space
$4,354 | Props total: 1167 1167
Braves acquire Dan Uggla from Marlins for Mike Dunn & Omar Infante
According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com, the Braves have acquired Dan Uggla from the Marlins for Omar Infante and Mike Dunn.
It's done. That's right, the Marlins have sold off Uggla for a utility player and an unproven left-handed reliever with shoddy control. It's not clear where all the pieces will fit in Atlanta, but they'd be crazy to pass up this deal. The Marlins have done more harm than good to their franchise and fanbase over the past few days. Nov. 16 - 5:38 pm et
 7 years ago '07        #93
space
space
 YoDoods said:
somebody is going to pay John Buck 18 million?

I'm glad its not the Red Sox because I know we were interested
 7 years ago '04        #94
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
I'm glad its not the Red Sox because I know we were interested
Guess it makes re-signing V-Mart all the more important. Unless you think noodle arm Saltalamacchia is ready to handle the Sox Staff
 7 years ago '04        #95
space
space
According to Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com, White Sox general manager Ken Williams had preliminary discussions with Adam Dunn's agent on Tuesday.
The meeting was held primarily to determine what Dunn wants in free agency. One major league general manager tells Levine that the "starting point" will be three years and $40 million. We've already heard that the Nationals had a three-year deal on the table for months, so whoever may be willing to go that extra mile may end up with the prolific slugger.
The Yankees have included Bill Hall on their offseason wish list, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com.
Hall, who turns 31 in December, batted .247/.316/.456 with 18 home runs, 46 RBI and nine stolen bases in 344 at-bats with the Red Sox this past season. He also played six different defensive positions, so his flexibility would be valuable for any team. They obviously won't be alone in their interest -- and money and playing time will be two significant factors -- but it's worth noting that Hall works out with Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long in the offseason.
Hall would be a good look. Anything to keep Ramiro Pena off the active roster is a good look.
 7 years ago '07        #96
space
space
Yanks going for the Sox sloppy seconds? Shocking....

and we better sign VMart, dont think we will though. as long as Varitek isnt on the team I'm happy
 7 years ago '07        #97
space
space
Yankee fans...

This is just a hypothetical, in no way do I see this happening, I'm just curious how you'd feel about it...

What if the Sox threw out an offer of 3 years 75, 80, maybe even 90 million at Jeter. It'd clearly be overpaying, maybe to p!ss off yankees/fans, for whatever reason....Yanks wouldnt match it and Jeter comes here...what would that be like for you? I would imagine it'd be like Brady leaving me for the Jets or Colts or something (Yes I said me), probably even worse.

would that make you despise the Sox even more...would you have some sort of hatred for Jeter?

again this isnt happening, just heard people on the radio talking about this, cracking some jokes and laughing about it
 7 years ago '04        #98
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 741 741
 stunna2004 said:
Guess it makes re-signing V-Mart all the more important. Unless you think noodle arm Saltalamacchia is ready to handle the Sox Staff
If you think Saltalamacchia is bad then you havent seen John Buck hahah

Buck can hit some. But he'll get hot for a month or so then go 0 for the month.

Defensively he is horrible. To many passed balls and cant throw out baserunners.

Last edited by YoDoods; 11-16-2010 at 08:45 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #99
space
space
Would never happen Keith. As for sloppy seconds, Hall is an upgrade over Nunez/Pena, I'd welcome someone with a legit bat that could spell all the infield positions.
 7 years ago '07        #100
space
space
Hence why i said it...but hey you never know, they did just throw 476 f**king mil on a soccer team....90 to Jeter would bring in a lot of money and p!ss off the yankees and their fans....s**t I might want the to do it just to p!ss NY off...f**k the money
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
63 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy