MLB offseason Thread

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
119 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
122 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
82 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #41
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
if they can get him and a big bat, they'd have a nice team. need some more players, but it'd be a start. a.ssuming strasburg is healthy next year, they'd make an amazing duo
 7 years ago '04        #42
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,665 | Props total: 13061 13061
 keithbm1111 said:
if they can get him and a big bat, they'd have a nice team. need some more players, but it'd be a start. a.ssuming strasburg is healthy next year, they'd make an amazing duo
Stras is done for all of next year. They don't even want to bring back Adam Dunn. Nats would be cellar dwellars next year even with Cliff Lee. They got some nice young pieces but they should be targetting 2012,2013.
 7 years ago '07        #43
space
space
he's 100% out for all of next year? that sucks...nevermind then! continue to rot Nats
 7 years ago '04        #44
space
space
He had TJ surgery and thats typically about 12 to 18 months to recover. The Nats won't rush him either.
 7 years ago '08        #45
AC_89 200 heat pts200 OP
space
space
$39,249 | Props total: 13621 13621
Francoeur a free agent after short time with Texas

Jeff Francoeur has become a free agent after refusing a minor league a.ssignment from the Texas Rangers and clearing waivers.

7 years ago '08        #46
AC_89 200 heat pts200 OP
space
space
Could Carl Crawford be Angels' first 100-million dollar man?

Arte Moreno never has stared down the New York Yankees or Boston Red Sox in a bidding war for a free agent. If Torii Hunter is correct, the Angels' owner will have to do just that in order to sign Carl Crawford this winter.

Hunter, who speaks regularly with Crawford, said on Wednesday that he expected the Angels and Red Sox would be the finalists to sign him.

"The Yankees are not going to go after him," Hunter said. "They've got Cliff Lee. Boston might be the team.

"I think Boston and the Angels, that will be the bidding war."

The Angels have identified Crawford as their primary target in free agency, and they are prepared to make the left fielder the first $100-million player in club history.

The Yankees have identified Lee as their top target, and General Manager Brian Cashman flew to the pitcher's Arkansas home Tuesday. Hunter said he anticipated Moreno would soon make a recruiting visit to Crawford's Texas home.

"In the near future, I think Arte and all the guys will take a trip and go see the guy," Hunter said.

Hunter said Crawford's flashy on-field style contrasted with a "down-to-earth" and "low-key" off-field persona that would play well in Anaheim, particularly after nine years under the sparsely peopled dome in Tampa Bay.

"We've got the weather, the sun shining, and 40,000 fans every night, win or lose," Hunter said. "When you get off turf, this is where you want to be.

"He's been saying great things about Anaheim. He needs to go through the process and take his visits. That's what I encouraged him to do. If he comes out here and takes a visit, we're going to win him over."

:budden:
 7 years ago '08        #47
AC_89 200 heat pts200 OP
space
space
Report: Red Sox pursuing OF Werth

The Boston Red Sox have contacted Jayson Werth’s agent, Scott Boras, to make known their interest in the star free-agent outfielder, ESPN reported Monday citing sources.

According to the report, the Red Sox are also expected to go after the other highly sought free-agent, outfielder Carl Crawford, formerly of the Tampa Bay Rays.

Werth has blossomed in the past four seasons with the Phillies, but is not a favorite to return.

He batted .296 with 27 home runs and 85 RBIs last season and is coming off a four-year deal that paid him $7.5 million last season.

7 years ago '08        #48
AC_89 200 heat pts200 OP
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:

i dont blame the nationals even tho he aint going there
 7 years ago '04        #49
space
space
Craw going to ANA, Werth going to the Sox.
 11-11-2010, 03:30 AM         #50
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

You can definitely classify Royals Ace Zack Greinke under the class of game changer, but he's not in the open market as he is still under the Royals' control. The Royals announced earlier that they would be listening to offers for Zack Grienke this offseason but they are going to require a little more than a bad b**ch, a bag of weed and a bottle of Hennesey. As BX knows, The Yankees and Red Sox have rich talent pools they could use to a.ssemble a blockbuster trade that would land Grienke in their uniform, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

ESPN's Jayson Stark says that Grienke would veto ANY trade to a major market East Coast team, shots fired? Apparently Grienke would be open to pitching in Los Angeles but that's about as far as Stark got with Grienke's preferences for his next club. My problem is, why on earth would either the Royals or Grienke's camp leak out info that he'd veto offers from the Red Sox and the Yankees? That's poor negotiating right there as you've pretty much shaved off a year and 10-20 Mil off your extension and the Royals might have dropped to a Type A/B or A/C/C type of trade knowing that those two powerhouses are out of the running. Grienke better MAN UP and listen to anyone willing to give away prospects for his a.ss, period.

Other Notes:

I wonder if Jeter could ask for...

[pic - click to view]

ONE BILLION DOLLARS...with incentives of course. One key incentive in year twenty-two, give a drunken interview during the game like Joe Namath did for the Jets.
____

Did everyone forget about Brandon Webb? I know teams are very afraid of injury prone arms who never live up to their potential, but if Brad Penny could get signed, why not give Webb a workout? I have a feeling Webb is going to sign sometime in January on a very brief contract with a team just to see if he's going to get his old stuff back over the course of a season.

Last edited by Dangerously; 11-11-2010 at 03:32 AM..
 11-11-2010, 03:38 AM         #51
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
I don't want either of them back, Beltre might pull it off again but no more than another year if anything.

I would rather keep Pap over Beltre though some wouldn't agree, the Sox lineup is stronger than their bullpen, we will score a lot of runs just with our mentality at the plate.
I heard after the Crawford deal, Angels look to check in on Beltre if he's a available. Looks like Sox and Halos are going at it this Hot Stove.
 11-11-2010, 03:39 AM         #52
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stunna2004 said:
Stras is done for all of next year. They don't even want to bring back Adam Dunn. Nats would be cellar dwellars next year even with Cliff Lee. They got some nice young pieces but they should be targetting 2012,2013.
I think Harper in 2012 with a healthy Stras would put them in the mix for a Wild Card spot.
 11-11-2010, 03:44 AM         #53
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hooligun said:
dodgers need to grab lee and crawford... we need mark cuban to buy the dodgers.
i don't think the Dodgers are doing s**t other than getting rid of dead weight from their squad. I think they should take that Grienke news, run with it and offer that goober a contract since he wants to play in LA. I don't think the Dodgers will do s**t seeing how their financials are all f**ked up and they might not even have enough cash to sign Zack to an extension.

if the Dodgers get that Network up and running, they might get the money to really put a contender on the field, but this season is going to the birds unless they plug major holes with veteran talent. The Dodgers are not a very prospect rich franchise, they had only two players in Baseball America's top 100.

Last edited by Dangerously; 11-11-2010 at 03:47 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #54
space
space
Screw Greinke let him rot in mediocrity.
 11-11-2010, 03:49 AM         #55
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stunna2004 said:
Screw Greinke let him rot in mediocrity.
He doesn't want to get beat up in the AL anymore, plain as day. He wants to go to the NL West and dine on mediocrity because his fragile psyche couldn't handle getting criticized when he eventually chokes.
 7 years ago '04        #56
space
space
If I were Red Sox fans I wouldnt mind if my team didn't make any big FA signings. Pujols and A-Gonz will both be FA's next year with the Yankees not around to bid on them.
 7 years ago '05        #57
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
San Diego seems to me like a perfect fit for Zack

its a relatively small market, its a pitcher friendly park and i think Bud would do a good job handling him
 7 years ago '07        #58
space
space
I dont want Werth, i want Crawford. Jason Bay has been a better player than Werth, so why sign him?

Crawford is deadly in all aspects
 7 years ago '07        #59
space
space
 stunna2004 said:
If I were Red Sox fans I wouldnt mind if my team didn't make any big FA signings. Pujols and A-Gonz will both be FA's next year with the Yankees not around to bid on them.
I would literally s**t in my pants if Pujols was somehow signed here...wont happen though. He'll re-up with the Cards
 7 years ago '04        #60
space
space
 PLAYERIZM said:
San Diego seems to me like a perfect fit for Zack

its a relatively small market, its a pitcher friendly park and i think Bud would do a good job handling him
KC would probably ask for Latos which wouldnt make sense for SD.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy