MLB offseason Thread

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #261
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,764 | Props total: 13148 13148
Ah well, our offense was never the problem. Cliff Lee puts us back in front on paper as the favorites for the chip.

Last edited by GarySanchize24; 12-10-2010 at 03:20 AM..
 12-10-2010, 03:18 AM         #262
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stunna2004 said:
Ah well, our offense was never the problem. Cliff Lee puts us back in front on paper as the favorites for the chip.
Pretty much. Cashman blew off the dinner with Crawford as a bluff. Nothing wrong with that.

Just caught this beauty off of twitter though

The Angels offered Carl Crawford a six-year deal worth $108MM, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney. That fell well short of the seven-year $142MM offer that lured the left fielder to Boston.
The Angels got played to the tune of $34 Million. I wonder if the Angels had a chance to match or exceed. :hmm:
 7 years ago '04        #263
space
space
Im still shocked that Beltre hasnt signed yet. n*gga had a MVP year last year then got kicked to the curb
 12-10-2010, 03:21 AM         #264
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Red Sox are favorites in the battle for Russell Martin. Yankees have made an offer and they intend on making Martin a starting catcher. Makes me thinks the Yankees are going with Stunna's idea and keeping Montero in AAA until May for a call up.

People are trying to get "Cliff Lee Menu" trending on twitter. LOL.
 12-10-2010, 03:22 AM         #265
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stunna2004 said:
Im still shocked that Beltre hasnt signed yet. n*gga had a MVP year last year then got kicked to the curb
I think that $34 Mil was Beltre's contract. "Unlike Hammer 30 Million Can't Hurt Me".
 7 years ago '04        #266
space
space
Montero's bat may be ready but I think they should still give him an opportunity to win the everyday job in Spring Training. Im not 100 pct sold on Russell Martin, he was an all-star 2 years ago and the Dodgers basically released him and got nothing in return for him.
 12-10-2010, 03:25 AM         #267
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And now...some bulls**t from Bleacher Report

Zack Greinke: Royals Trying to Include Yankees in Trade Talks

It has been rumored already that Kansas City Royals pitcher Zack Greinke is on the New York Yankees' radar.

It was also reported that Greinke would accept a trade to any team, including big cities, and what bigger city than the Big Apple?

Those rumors were eventually shot down, but Jon Heyman of SI.com is reporting that the Royals are indeed trying to include the Yankees in talks about acquiring Zack Greinke.
 7 years ago '04        #268
space
space
We dont want that n*gga, one bad start that n*gga would be on suicide watch pitching in NY.
 12-10-2010, 03:53 AM         #269
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stunna2004 said:
Montero's bat may be ready but I think they should still give him an opportunity to win the everyday job in Spring Training. Im not 100 pct sold on Russell Martin, he was an all-star 2 years ago and the Dodgers basically released him and got nothing in return for him.
He wasn't healthy last year and his defense was on the decline, but he was still only six shy of Yadir Molina's 33 caught stealing in a ninetysomething game season. He definitely has the glove of a starting catcher but the bat of a bench player. He'd work really well with AJ Burnett.
 7 years ago '05        #270
MATIX 
space
space
$7,989 | Props total: 72 72
cant wait for baseball to start
 7 years ago '05        #271
justindlawson 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 0 0
i dont get why lee hasnt signed to the yanks yet...they are at 7 140-160 right? damn
 7 years ago '07        #272
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,260 | Props total: 307 307
 stunna2004 said:
Still cant get over the fact that Crawford has a

.781 career OPS, .337 OBP, 104 career HRs, never cracked 100 RBI, this guy worth 20MM a season for 7 years?
Time to get over it. Every baseball player is grossly overpaid.

Im not really upset hes getting so much, im more happy that the sox finally said 'f**k it' yankees do it, we can too.
 7 years ago '04        #273
space
space
Just makes me wonder what Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder are going to get next year
 7 years ago '05        #274
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 stunna2004 said:
Just makes me wonder what Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder are going to get next year
Like I said earlier (either this thread or the Sox trying to buy a WS one), I think the fact that the Sox finally got Gonzo really curbs Pujols' market. Unless the Sox let Gonzo walk after this next season, really the only team that can throw the type of money at him that really he deserves will be the Cardinals. The Angels would probably have some money to play with, but as we saw with Crawford, they're probably not in the market as much as they thought they were. Only other team I could see throwing huge money at him would be the Nationals since they seem desperate to throw away money, but I don't see him going somewhere like that when they likely won't be competitive in our lifetime
 7 years ago '04        #275
space
space
Buster Olney of ESPN.com suspects that the Yankees will soon announce an agreement with free agent catcher Russell Martin.
Martin also drew heavy interest from the Red Sox and Blue Jays, but the Yanks may be ready to outbid their competitors yet again. Martin batted just .248/.347/.332 in 2010 for the Dodgers and also played poorly in 2009. But he's just two years removed from an All-Star nod and many of his recent struggles can be related to a hip injury that is now believed to be healed.
 7 years ago '07        #276
space
space
I really dont know how to feel about Martin..I kind of wanted him on the team because anythign is better than salty/Tek, but i wasnt sure how good he could be...guess we'll see soon.

I would like to upgrade though and he seemed like the only logical person. I dont even know who else is out there..I think Olivo signed somewhere but even he's not that great. Not a fan of Barajas in the least bit and i think he signed somewhere hopefully
 7 years ago '07        #277
space
space
The A's are expected to hold a press conference Tuesday to announce the signing of free agent designated hitter Hideki Matsui.

That means that contract terms will probably be agreed upon by Monday night. Matsui, 36, will serve as the A's primary designated hitter and may get a start or two every week in the outfield. He batted .274/.361/.459 with 21 home runs and 84 RBI in 2010 for the Angels. The Athletics offered Lance Berkman a two-year deal worth $16 million earlier this winter before he signed with St. Louis. A similar contract would certainly get the job done with Matsui.
The Rangers have begun moving aggressively on Adrian Beltre.

A backup plan in case they miss out on free agent left-hander Cliff Lee? The Rangers have already shopped veteran third baseman Michael Young and would probably step up their efforts to deal him if Beltre is signed. The 31-year-old Beltre batted .321/.365/.553 with 28 home runs and 102 RBI this past season for the Red Sox while playing excellent defense.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that Cliff Lee's agent, Darek Braunecker, made contact with the Yankees early Monday morning.

Braunecker says negotiations are still "ongoing." That could mean that a decision is not reached Monday or until later in the week. The Yanks made a seven-year offer worth around $161 million during the Winter Meetings and GM Brian Cashman told the New York Post on Sunday that he would not improve that proposal. The Rangers are thought to have countered with a six-year deal that contains a seventh year option. It remains a two-team race.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to George King III of the New York Post, the third team in on Cliff Lee is only willing to offer a four or five-year deal.

Hopefully all this talk of a "mystery team" can now be put to a stop. Lee is expected to decide between six and seven-year offers from the Yankees and Rangers early this week, possibly by Monday night.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dodgers are in serious discussions with free agent outfielder Bill Hall, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com.

The Dodgers can offer their starting left field job to Hall while other teams may only be interested in adding him as a utilityman. That may tip the scale in Los Angeles' direction. Hall, 30, batted .247/.316/.456 this year with 18 home runs, 46 RBI and nine stolen bases while playing all over the diamond for the Red Sox. He should only require a one- or two-year contract.
 7 years ago '04        #278
space
space
The Martin signing can lead to certain dominoes falling in place. Supposedly Texas has moved on from Lee and is pursuing Beltre. Jesus Montero is Triple-A bound or headed to KC in a Greinke trade if we don't sign Lee.
 12-13-2010, 11:15 AM         #279
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bronx Goes Hard said:
Blame the Nats desperation for Werth, the Angels desperation for Crawford and Boston's desperation to make a splash. The top three deals made all wreak of desperation from all parties.
What would you call the constant 'we need Lee' 'we need Lee' statements? The 'he deserves 7 years because he owned our overrated lineup' statements?

It is amazing how bias you two are. The way you two put it Crawford is a suitable backup for Ryan Kalish and in no way an impact, and Gonzalez pssh he is just a Paul Konerko wannabe.
 7 years ago '04        #280
space
space
Because Cliff Lee fills a need. Crawford to the Red Sox did NOT fill a need. And yall grossly overpaid for him.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy