NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
141 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #201
monkeysnthings 78 heat pts78
space
space
$2,221 | Props total: 76 76
Rays interested in Edwin Encarnacion for 1B/DH

7 years ago '07        #202
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,260 | Props total: 307 307
I think I've seen the Orioles come up in every single player discussion so far

gotta give them credit for trying at least
 7 years ago '08        #203
AC_89 200 heat pts200 OP
space
space
$39,335 | Props total: 13713 13713
 Santoro said:
Rays farm system is sick. Helickson can replace Garza, but I'd rather have a player like Byrd in return. Not some prospects, especially from the 18th ranked farms system. Rays will be alright. Carl is a huge loss, but Jennings is gonna be the next Carl.
 monkeysnthings said:
Their farm system is still so deep though. They have to trade Shields or Garza to make room for Hellickson. Garza should net some nice talent. Plus they have Desmond Jennings coming up to replace Crawford. Tim Beckham will probably be up in 2012 plus they have some great pitching prospects in Jake McGee & Matt Moore.

I knew about hellickson and jennings but not the other guys
 7 years ago '04        #204
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 741 741
 dj ac said:
I knew about hellickson and jennings but not the other guys
Thats because Tim Beckham hasnt done much of anything since he was drafted (offensively speaking Im not sure about his glove)

Second full year pro and hes only in High A ball still.
But he is young he's just about to turn 21 in a couple of weeks. He maybe a late bloomer but the way its looks right now is he might not be ready in 2012 which would be pretty disappointing.
 7 years ago '04        #205
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
 monkeysnthings said:
Their farm system is still so deep though. They have to trade Shields or Garza to make room for Hellickson. Garza should net some nice talent.
Unless you cant afford them I dont think you would have to move Garza or Shields. As for Hellickson move one the back of the rotation guys either to the bullpen or organizational depth (or just outright release them) and put Hellickson right in there.

Just an outsider view I dont know a whole lot about the Rays situation. But I agree Garza should yield a pretty decent return which IMO is the only reason why you would think about moving him (outside of the money)
 7 years ago '05        #206
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
If they can get anything for Shields, they should be trading his sorry a.ss. That "Big Game James" nickname was something he certainly didn't live up to this year. Move him to make room for Hellickson
 7 years ago '04        #207
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
All I know is the AL has been warned we just signed jeff francouer. Hide ya kids and hide ya wifes!

7 years ago '05        #208
space
space
 YoDoods said:
Unless you cant afford them I dont think you would have to move Garza or Shields. As for Hellickson move one the back of the rotation guys either to the bullpen or organizational depth (or just outright release them) and put Hellickson right in there.

Just an outsider view I dont know a whole lot about the Rays situation. But I agree Garza should yield a pretty decent return which IMO is the only reason why you would think about moving him (outside of the money)
Rotation stands as

1. Price
2. Garza
3. Niemann
4. Shields
5. Hellickson
6. Wade Davis/Jake McGee

I like Davis in the small sample I've seen and you have to give him a shot because he has no trade value right now. Garza & Shields on the other hand will net something with Garza's value clearly higher.

BoSox84 said:
If they can get anything for Shields, they should be trading his sorry a.ss. That "Big Game James" nickname was something he certainly didn't live up to this year. Move him to make room for Hellickson
I agree Shields should be moved over Garza but I have a feeling they will both be gone by trade deadline. Once McGee comes up they will need that spot and his ceiling is higher than Shields. Shields is trending in the wrong direction. Yes he gives you 200+ innings consistently and yes win 10+ games and strikeout 160+ guys but that ERA is climbing each year.

2008 - 3.56
2009 - 4.14
2010 - 5.18

This past season he led all starting pitchers in hits allowed, runs allowed, earned runs & home runs surrendered. Even with all that, I would take a flier on him if I was another team and the price was right.
 7 years ago '05        #209
space
space

LAA to eventually land Carl Crawford?
EmailPrintComments
By Mark Saxon
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLA. -- Two sources close to Carl Crawford said they expect the free-agent outfielder eventually to sign with the Los Angeles Angels.

In the meantime, the Angels might be forced to decide on another potential target, third baseman Adrian Beltre. Agent Scott Boras, who represents Beltre, said talks are warming up with a number of teams and said there is mutual interest between his client and the Angels.

It's doubtful the Angels could afford to acquire both Crawford, who figures to command at least a seven-year, nine-figure deal, and Beltre, who reportedly turned down a five-year, $64 million offer from the Oakland A's.

More on the Angels

For more news, notes and analysis of the Angels, check out Mark Saxon's blog.

"Obviously, Adrian has a home in L.A. and has played in L.A. and he's very comfortable with the marketplace," Boras said.

The Angels could have competition within their division for Beltre. Boras said Beltre would be willing to re-open discussions with the A's.

"Offers are like curtains," Boras said. "There's opening and closing, but they're still in the room."

Multiple high-ranking baseball sources said Tuesday they expect Crawford to end up in Anaheim. A former teammate of Crawford's with Tampa Bay, Carlos Pena, who signed a one-year, $10 million deal with the Chicago Cubs Tuesday, said he has stayed in touch with Crawford during the free agency period.

"The teams that move the most money and show how much they're willing to invest in him, that they'll put themselves on the line, will draw the most interest from him," Pena said. "Whoever does that is going to get an incredible player and one of the hardest workers in the game. I have as much respect for Carl as anyone."

Crawford met with New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman Tuesday night over dinner, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #210
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
Ken_Rosenthal

Source: One of #Marlins' attempted 3-team trades would have landed them Greinke. Talks still alive, but called "lukewarm." MORE #Royals #MLB 13 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Ken_Rosenthal

3-team trade was with #Rangers and #Royals. Not sure other pieces. PB Post said Nolasco, Nunez involved in diff 3-team deal. #Marlins #MLB 8 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
 7 years ago '05        #211
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
Ken_Rosenthal

Source: One of #Marlins' attempted 3-team trades would have landed them Greinke. Talks still alive, but called "lukewarm." MORE #Royals #MLB 13 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Ken_Rosenthal

3-team trade was with #Rangers and #Royals. Not sure other pieces. PB Post said Nolasco, Nunez involved in diff 3-team deal. #Marlins #MLB 8 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Rockies are the team trying to get Nolasco
 7 years ago '08        #212
AC_89 200 heat pts200 OP
space
space
San Diego Padres general manager Jed Hoyer continues to stay busy at the winter meetings this week. As reported by MLB.com writer Corey Brock via twitter, the Padres have acquired shortstop Jason Bartlett for Adam Russel and lefty Cesar Ramos. The Padres have been desperate for middle infield help this winter and Bartlett will immediately be penciled into the starting line up.

Bartlett a former Padres farm hand makes his return to the club after playing in the Twins and Rays organizations. Bartlett was an all star in 2009 while putting career highs in almost every category. In Bartlett, The Padres are able to pick up a solid glove that has the ability to steal bases.

7 years ago '08        #213
AC_89 200 heat pts200 OP
space
space
cliff lee now knows where yanks stand: 6 yrs, $140-150 mil. questions: are #rangers close? are 2 7-year bidders alive?
 7 years ago '05        #214
BoSox84 
space
space
The Yankees offered Lee a six-year deal worth $140MM, according to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News (on Twitter).
 7 years ago '05        #215
BoSox84 
space
space
One Red Sox source says the market is likely "too crazy" for Boston to get seriously involved, according to ESPNBoston's Gordon Edes (on Twitter).
 7 years ago '05        #216
BoSox84 
space
space
* The Red Sox appear to be focusing on Ordonez in their search for an outfielder, reports CBS Sports' Danny Knobler. This would not be good news for Carl Crawford. The Tigers, Phillies, and Orioles are also said to be in the mix for Maggs. Ordonez is coming off a broken ankle, but worked out for teams today. Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports says Boras is seeking at least two years and $20MM.
* It's doubtful that the Red Sox would give Ordonez a two-year deal, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe hears (Twitter link).
* Interestingly, the Red Sox did not have a representative at Ordonez's workout today, according to Rob Bradford of WEEI.com. The Tigers were there, GM Dave Dombrowski told MLB.com's Jason Beck.
* The Orioles did not watch Ordonez work out today and president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail refuted the report that they're interested, according to MLB.com's Brittany Ghiroli (Twitter link).
 7 years ago '04        #217
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,760 | Props total: 13139 13139
lmao why would the Marlins want Greinke when he'd bounce after 2 years
 7 years ago '07        #218
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,260 | Props total: 307 307
All I've wanted the past 2 years (other than Adrian Gonzalez) is Carl Crawford.....please just sign him
 7 years ago '04        #219
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
greinke thing aint happening
 7 years ago '04        #220
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,760 | Props total: 13139 13139
 P. Dedos said:
they playing with house money right now

they just got a stadium built for them

plus they were exposed when papers showed that the marlins made over 50 million dollars a year over two years in 2008-2009... so if they want to have any fans at there new stadium they better put a winning product

plus if they want win pitching is it now that the steriod era is over

jack johnson+grienke = scary
please stick to jocking the heat, u clearly dont even know the names of the players on your own team
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
94 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
126 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
57 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy