MLB offseason Thread

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
53 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #181
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 stunna2004 said:
Greinke please don't waste the rest of your career in Toronto!
How you going to hate like that... That f**got JP isn't in office anymore.

AA is making the right moves, our farm system has a lot of promise...and we can finally make moves.

We're finally building towards being able to compete....it is what it is.
 7 years ago '04        #182
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,896 | Props total: 2006 2006
 YoDoods said:
you might not know but Dayton Moore has a hard on for braves players.
Oh I know all about it. Kansas City is basically Atlanta North
 7 years ago '07        #183
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
"I'm very excited," Gonzalez said at the news conference introducing him as a member of the Red Sox. "I've had five incredible years in San Diego. As I grew up, my whole dream as a kid was to be a Padre. My second dream was to be on the Red Sox. ... I'm just very excited to start this new phase. I look forward to a lot of championships."

"It was very emotional ... up and down," Gonzalez said. "I'm very excited that everything was able to be worked out. ... I'm very excited to be here in Boston and ready to beat the Yanks."

oh s**ttt this motherf**ker means business :mj2:
 7 years ago '08        #184
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 261 261
 keithbm1111 said:
"I'm very excited," Gonzalez said at the news conference introducing him as a member of the Red Sox. "I've had five incredible years in San Diego. As I grew up, my whole dream as a kid was to be a Padre. My second dream was to be on the Red Sox. ... I'm just very excited to start this new phase. I look forward to a lot of championships."

"It was very emotional ... up and down," Gonzalez said. "I'm very excited that everything was able to be worked out. ... I'm very excited to be here in Boston and ready to beat the Yanks."

oh s**ttt this motherf**ker means business :mj2:
He had dreams of playing on two teams ?

I'm glad he said he's ready to beat the Yankees. Gives me a reason to hate his f**king guts now. f**k him.
 7 years ago '04        #185
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 1 1
sounds like the nationals are ready to throw 7 years at cliff lee too
 7 years ago '05        #186
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Cliff Lee Rumors: Tuesday
By Steve Adams [December 7 at 1:10pm CST]

We heard yesterday that the market for Cliff Lee was beginning to heat up, and that at least one team would be willing to offer Lee a seven-year deal, but it wasn't the Yankees. Here's today's Lee rumors for your reading pleasure:

* A Yankees official told Feinsand that Lee getting seven-year offer "won't affect what we do." They will not go past six years for the lefty. The Yankees are frustrated with the slow pace of the Lee talks, reports Rosenthal.
* Lee has at least one seven-year offer for $20-25MM - not from the Nationals - tweets Heyman.
* Lee's agent Darek Braunecker described his discussions with the Rangers and Yankees as "positive" and "productive," talking to MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan. Braunecker also said he's "maintaining dialogue" with the Nationals.
* The Nationals are prepared to offer Lee a seven-year deal, reports Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News. But talking to two Nationals sources, Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that such an offer has zero chance of happening. The contract length is very important to Lee, tweets SI's Jon Heyman. There is growing speculation among rival executives and agents that the Nationals will throw a huge number at Lee, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney.
* Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes that the Yankees have vowed not to exceed six years or the $161MM that they gave Sabathia for Lee. Sherman feels the Yankees will top out at $144MM-$150MM over six years. As GM Brian Cashman said, Sabathia's presence as an ace makes Lee a "pleasant addition," but not a necessity. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports discusses how signing Lee could affect Sabathia.
 7 years ago '06        #187
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
phillies may be making a push for jeff francoeur..... jeff been stuggeling with his swing latley... but that happens to be charlie manuel's strong spot... btw his wife would get it:agreement6:
seems like the front office isn't pleased with browns progression... and are gonna prolly start him out in the minors.... seems like even with the signing, that a platoon of francisco and gload will still be a strong possibity.ibanez at his age, will need some days off.... no werth, but would be a decent sign, if they can fix some of his issues..

7 years ago '04        #188
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 1 1
 ginobili 20 said:
phillies may be making a push for jeff francoeur..... jeff been stuggeling with his swing latley... but that happens to be charlie manuel's strong spot... btw his wife would get it:agreement6:
seems like the front office isn't pleased with browns progression... and are gonna prolly start him out in the minors.... seems like even with the signing, that a platoon of francisco and gload will still be a strong possibity.ibanez at his age, will need some days off.... no werth, but would be a decent sign, if they can fix some of his issues..

apparently justin upton and/or josh willingham could both be on the market...i would trade for one of them in a heartbeat over francouer
 7 years ago '06        #189
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #190
BoSox84 
space
space
It's reportedly not the Angels either. One is definitely the Nationals. I'd find it hilarious if the other was the Sox, but it would also p!ss me off because that's the kind of deal they won't give Crawford, and he's a position player
 7 years ago '08        #191
AC_89 200 heat pts200 OP
space
space
$39,313 | Props total: 13689 13689
Lee's a great pitcher n all but 7 years
 7 years ago '05        #192
BoSox84 
space
space
@ Frank Viola on MLB Network tonight at the Winter Meetings. I haven't seen that motherf**ker in yeaaaaaaaaars
 7 years ago '04        #193
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,235 | Props total: 547 547

#mets, #redsox.meet tonite to talk carlos beltran (via @nickcafardo)
 7 years ago '07        #194
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
According to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse, it "sounds like" Adam LaRoche is headed to the Nationals.

That's the a.ssumption. LaRoche said himself late Tuesday that he would be interested in playing for the Nationals, so we wouldn't be surprised to hear a deal come together. The 31-year-old first baseman doesn't have the pop of Adam Dunn, but has hit exactly 25 home runs in each of the past three seasons and would be an improvement defensively.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas, Cliff Lee's agent Darek Braunecker said one team is no longer involved in the bidding for his client.

"We know more right now than we did yesterday," said Braunecker. "We've eliminated a club and have zeroed in on a few things." Braunecker wouldn't name the team, but it isn't the Rangers, according to Durrett. The free agent left-hander is expected to begin receiving offers in earnest on Wednesday.

Cubs signed 1B Carlos Pena to a one-year, $10 million contract.

We don't see a .196 hitter get $10 million very often, but the Cubs did pretty well here. Pena has topped 28 home runs in each of the past four seasons and should enjoy hitting in Wrigley Field. If the 32-year-old first baseman is able to rebuild his value in 2011, he will be able to find a more lucrative multi-year contract next winter.
Great pickup for the Cubs..Pena's the man

Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reports that the Cubs are interested in Matt Garza.

According to Levine, the Cubs are one of four teams who are currently talking with the Rays. Garza earned $3.35 million this past season and stands to make even more in arbitration this winter, so the Rays could move him in order to create payroll flexibility and upgrade in other areas. The 27-year-old right-hander went 15-10 with a 3.91 ERA over 204 2/3 innings this past season.
Jon Heyman of SI.com reports the Yankees are poised to make a "monster" six-year offer to Cliff Lee.

According to Heyman, the offers is expected to be worth $140-150 million, which would put him in the range of $23-25 million per season. The Yankees might not be willing to go to seven years, but they can blow away just about anybody in terms of annual salary. Stay tuned.
 7 years ago '04        #195
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,726 | Props total: 13124 13124
lol how can you hit .198 and then get a nice 1 year deal? Boras is the man!
 7 years ago '05        #196
monkeysnthings 78 heat pts78
space
space
$2,221 | Props total: 76 76

- Orioles in trade talks for J.J. Hardy

- Brewers & Braves engaged in trade talk that would send an outfielder (Lorenzo Cain, Carlos Gomez) to Atlanta for a young pitcher. Braves have already balked at sending Mike Minor & won't trade top prospects Teheran, Delgado or Vizcaino. Everyone else available though.

Last edited by monkeysnthings; 12-08-2010 at 01:09 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #197
AC_89 200 heat pts200 OP
space
space
$39,313 | Props total: 13689 13689
Damn the rays gonna be losing alot of good players
 7 years ago '05        #198
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
Rays farm system is sick. Helickson can replace Garza, but I'd rather have a player like Byrd in return. Not some prospects, especially from the 18th ranked farms system. Rays will be alright. Carl is a huge loss, but Jennings is gonna be the next Carl.
 7 years ago '05        #199
space
space
 dj ac said:
Damn the rays gonna be losing alot of good players
Their farm system is still so deep though. They have to trade Shields or Garza to make room for Hellickson. Garza should net some nice talent. Plus they have Desmond Jennings coming up to replace Crawford. Tim Beckham will probably be up in 2012 plus they have some great pitching prospects in Jake McGee & Matt Moore.
 7 years ago '05        #200
space
space
 Santoro said:
Rays farm system is sick. Helickson can replace Garza, but I'd rather have a player like Byrd in return. Not some prospects, especially from the 18th ranked farms system. Rays will be alright. Carl is a huge loss, but Jennings is gonna be the next Carl.
on the same page
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago