Kevin Hart X-mad card
21 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
235 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
7942 pageviews
120 comments

SM 38204 heat pts38204
space
space
$128,026 | Props total: 67816 67816
Nov 2 - Marijuana Legalization Fails In California

LOS ANGELES — Californians on Tuesday rejected a proposal to make their famously laid-back US state the world’s first to legalize all marijuana consumption, cultivation and trade, US media predicted.

The proposals in so-called Proposition 19 — one of a series of referendums held at the same time as crucial mid-term polls — were rejected by 57 percent against 43 percent in favor, said CNN, while Fox News also forecast a No vote.

The Los Angeles Times also projected that the proposal would be defeated, based on exit polls.

Growing and selling marijuana for medicinal purposes has been legal here since 1996, but backers of legalizing it totally campaigned hard for "Prop 19" to be passed.

The proposal would have allowed people aged 21 and over to possess up to one ounce (28 grams) of marijuana and grow up to 25 square feet (2.32 square meter) of pot plants.

Large-scale commercial cultivation — and its taxation — could also have been allowed, though implementing such a rule would have been left to the discretion of local municipal and county authorities.

Prop 19 supporters included a broad range of politicians, unions and rights groups — as well as billionaire philanthropist George Soros, who backed the "Yes" campaign with a million dollars of his own money.

Despite the support, a recent opinion poll showed the no vote ahead by 49 percent to 44 percent — an unexpected blow for the Yes campaign, which has led surveys for months.

Opponents included all the main candidates to succeed California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and for the state’s two Senate seat races, as well as US Attorney General Eric Holder.

US federal statistics show nearly seven percent of the state’s 37-million strong population smoke cannabis at least once a month.

[pic - click to view]

Californians reject legalizing marijuana: U.S. media

120 comments for "Nov 2 - Marijuana Legalization Fails In California"

7 years ago '06        #2
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
57% to 43% damn that sucks. I was really hoping they would pass it too, that would've been pretty exciting news for the rest of the country.

I think that it's either going to be Mass or Cali that legalizes it first but it's eventually going to happen.

The situation is still too f**ked up because of the fact that even if they legalize it the feds can come in and still start making busts under federal statute even if the state law legalizes it. f**ked up situation. It will never happen but it would be nice if they put it up for national legalization on the 2012 ballot.
 7 years ago '10        #3
frankfmoney 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 1 1
Not official, yet, but it's true nonetheless.
 11-02-2010, 11:55 PM         #4
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
70% of republicans voted against it and only 55% of democrats for it. We ain't handle our business
 11-02-2010, 11:55 PM         #5
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown said:
57% to 43% damn that sucks. I was really hoping they would pass it too, that would've been pretty exciting news for the rest of the country.

I think that it's either going to be Mass or Cali that legalizes it first but it's eventually going to happen.

The situation is still too f**ked up because of the fact that even if they legalize it the feds can come in and still start making busts under federal statute even if the state law legalizes it. f**ked up situation. It will never happen but it would be nice if they put it up for national legalization on the 2012 ballot.
judging by this vote I don't think two years is gonna do anything bruh
 7 years ago '06        #6
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,828 | Props total: 1175 1175
The "older" percentage still need some time to die off before weed is made legal.
 7 years ago '05        #8
EL Smoothz 
space
space
$542 | Props total: 77 77
I wonder how many people between the ages of 18-25 actually went out and voted. It would be interesting to see. Young people historically don't vote. That's why this prop didn't pass. The youth don't understand the power we have. I think in the Obama election only 6% out of the entire population of registered voters between the ages of 18-25 actually voted. How can we expect to make our future right for us if we're not actively using the tools we have available. I'm really disappointed in my fellow young Californians.
 11-03-2010, 12:20 AM         #9
Brassmonkey3333 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There are alot of growers in humboldt and other norcal areas that didnt want this to pass. Legalizing it they believe would erode their profits. I think this is what made the difference.
 7 years ago '04        #10
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
Looks like financially-strapped California decided to keep its #1 cash crop illegal. f**king dumbasses.

Last edited by VickVega; 11-03-2010 at 12:29 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #11
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286
 7 years ago '05        #12
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,435 | Props total: 591 591
nobody wants to buy weed from Wal Mart
 7 years ago '10        #13
jerryblastface 
space
space
space
$144 | Props total: 2 2
 7 years ago '04        #14
WOODS5000 
space
space
$2,164 | Props total: 92 92
 Adamsville said:
nobody wants to buy weed from Wal Mart
 7 years ago '04        #15
thisisgame 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 41 41
now i dont give a f*ck how cash-strapped or how high the unemployment is in Cali. They coulda done something about it but they just let all this new money fly out the window
 7 years ago '04        #16
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,896 | Props total: 2006 2006
 7 years ago '04        #17
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,717 | Props total: 788 788
 11-03-2010, 01:09 AM         #18
Icemouth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Brassmonkey3333 said:
There are alot of growers in humboldt and other norcal areas that didnt want this to pass. Legalizing it they believe would erode their profits. I think this is what made the difference.
Yea because there's thousands and thousands of them.
 11-03-2010, 01:11 AM         #19
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's pretty much legal in California anyway. If you get caught with an ounce you'll get a citation, but it's not decriminalized if you're growing or distributing. If they took out the language that forces jobs not to discriminate against those who test positive for weed and ran this during a Presidential election year, they'd do just fine.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
8 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago