SI Players Poll: Aaron Rodgers/Wes Welker Most Underrated in NFL

most viewed right now
 54
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 39
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
174 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #21
rawchester 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$5,400 | Props total: 4552 4552
 wepainters said:
Trent Cole is pretty underrated...
yup, Trent Cole is a beast.
 7 years ago '04        #22
damjr87 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,133 | Props total: 7 7
How about Aaron Rogers being the most undeserving dude of any propz.
 11-02-2010, 07:28 PM         #23
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:

[pic - click to view]



Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and New England Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker are the*most underrated players in the National Football League, according to a survey of NFL players.

In a poll of 245*NFL players, Rodgers and Welker each received 5%*of the vote. The result of this poll question is published in this week's edition of Sports*Illustrated, which is to*be on newsstands on Wednesday.

The top five most underrated players in the NFL*and the percentage of players voting for them are:

Aaron Rodgers (5%)
Wes Welker (5%)
Andre Johnson, Houston Texans wide receiver (3%)
Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens running back (3%)
Matt Schaub,*Houston Texans quarterback (2%)


haters gonna hate
Thats funny, in another article it said Welker followed by Brees, Andre, and some other guys. Maybe they updated it.

Here Welker had 7% of votes:


Last edited by smokeweed101.; 11-02-2010 at 07:32 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #24
klew 227 heat pts227
space
avatar space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
Aaron Rodgers being an early candidate for MVP still puts him behind Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, ect. Him being the choice for MVP just means that this year he could have taken that next step after a great first few seasons. He was never overrated when you look at it, and so far he's just had a tougher year. Because of his struggles through the half way point with still a whole half of football to be played. I think people kinda forgotten what he can do as a quarterback, or want to believe he's overrated now. He's kinda being underrated as a top quarterback by not living up to the hype. It's a slim chance, but if this poll is recent it could be why they say he's underrated.
 7 years ago '09        #25
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$7,984 | Props total: 1873 1873
If anything, Welker is overrated.
 7 years ago '04        #26
finishim 80 heat pts80 OP
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 MistaKlean said:
as seen on sportscenter today.. it's hard for aaron rodgers to be "underrated" when you have the 3rd worst passer rating in the NFL when there's under 2 minutes left in the 1st half and 4th quarter. and wes welker? the guy is garbage without randy moss
lmao did you just discredit Rodgers because of passer rating under 2 mins? a stat that's solely based on td passes, when in most 2 min drill cases, you're going for a fg
 7 years ago '09        #27
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
avatar space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5

[pic - click to view]


Thats awesome :lachen001:
 7 years ago '05        #28
gunot86 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$738 | Props total: 95 95
someone please make a smiley of that rodgers pic lmao
 7 years ago '08        #29
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
I dont know how Wes Welker is underrated. Who hasn't heard of Wes Welker? I mean shyt, he's received alot of media acknowledgement and respect especially prior to the knee injury.
 7 years ago '07        #30
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Lex Lossis said:
*RUMBLES*


UH OH, HERE COMES THE BOXDEN f**kTARDS THAT KNOW A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN ACTUAL ATHLETES!!!!
 7 years ago '07        #31
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 prettyklever said:
Are you sure this poll wasn't taken last year??? Before the season started, the media practically gave Rodgers the MVP. If anything, I'd say overrated so far...
Fixed...
 11-02-2010, 07:42 PM         #32
McTickleTaint 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What has Aaron Rodgers done to even be mentioned in the NFL? If he didn't take over for Favre, his name would never be mentioned. He is the most overrated piece of garbage on the field come Sundays. Josh Freeman and Matt Cassell are better than him. Don't even bring up his passing yards and TD's, this ain't ESPN top ten. You want to talk about underrated, London Fletcher, sure off the field he may get his name and accolades but only 1 pro bowl in 12 years and got the start because Vilma was Super Bowl bound. Only Favre has started more consecutive games than Fletcher. Plays just as well in a 3-4 as a 4-3, plays smart, fast and can't say enough of the dude.
 7 years ago '07        #33
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 smokeweed101. said:
Thats funny, in another article it said Welker followed by Brees, Andre, and some other guys. Maybe they updated it.

Here Welker had 7% of votes:
that ones the one from last year because it still has leon washington as a Jet

that one had welker, johnson, sproles, washington, and brees
 11-02-2010, 07:50 PM         #34
100 Rounds 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeepinItTrill said:
Rodgers is underrated? by who? the general consensus is that he's around the top 5-6 qb's in the league.

my vote goes to Brandon Flowers on the Chiefs for defense, and offensively I'd have to say...I honestly don't know who I'd put up there Welker is a good choice though.
this.......
 11-02-2010, 07:53 PM         #35
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here is another good list:

Denver Broncos QB Kyle Orton(notes) – Orton has been an afterthought in Denver, trapped as he has been between the departing Jay Cutler(notes) and the media crunch around Tim Tebow(notes). But when he was traded for Cutler in a mega-deal, the ex-Bears quarterback responded by putting up the best numbers of his career (both traditional and sabermetric) for the Broncos in 2009. Excelling as he did for a mercurial coach and an offense in flux last season, Orton was rewarded with an extension that will pay him $8.1 million guaranteed over the 2010 and 2011 seasons. While most a.ssumed that the Orton extension reflected a lack of faith in Tebow's short-term prospects, it was just as much about a quarterback who learned to succeed in the face of chaos.

Green Bay Packers RB Ryan Grant(notes) – People attending Short Attention Span Theater have only a bit of time to think about the Packers, and if you believe the NFL Network these days, 75 percent of the aggregate energy spent in Green Bay is spent pining for Brett Favre(notes), and the other 25 percent is spent wondering if Aaron Rodgers(notes) can measure up (as if we didn't already know that he could). Those a bit closer to reality know of Ryan Grant's value to the offense. While Grant's blocking has always been suspect, he was a tremendously efficient back in 2009, ranking second in Football Outsiders' DYAR (cumulative efficiency) metric (only Chris Johnson was better), and fourth in FO's DVOA (play-by-play) stat.

New Orleans Saints RB Pierre Thomas(notes) – Thomas may be an even better under-the-radar back from an efficiency perspective. The Saints are always highly rated as a passing team, and justifiably so. But one of the keys to their Super Bowl run last season was a rushing attack that stepped up time after time on the rare occasions that Drew Brees(notes) was misfiring. You'll remember his amazing play in the NFC championship game, where he fumbled and recovered his own fumble while banging for the end zone. He also ranked first overall in DVOA among running backs, and this might finally be his feature-back year.

Dallas Cowboys RB Tashard Choice(notes) – Here's a guy who won't be a feature back unless lots of people get hurt. Choice is buried on the depth chart behind Marion Barber(notes) and Felix Jones(notes), but he's the best rusher the team has on first and third downs, in the draw plays offensive coordinator Jason Garrett likes to run, and in the receiving game. Choice is also a lead candidate to take snaps in Dallas' Razorback (i.e. Wildcat) formations, when Felix Jones replicates the stuff he used to do with Darren McFadden(notes) at Arkansas. This is a guy who could (and would) be the lead back on at least 10 NFL teams ... on a "right now" basis. A tremendously productive and versatile back, his time should be now.

San Diego Chargers WR Malcom Floyd(notes) – You'll notice that while Chargers general manager A.J. Smith has at least been meeting with the representatives handling left tackle Marcus McNeill(notes), he's been relatively quiet about receiver Vincent Jackson's(notes) threats to hold out the entire season if he doesn't get the long-term deal he wants. There is a lot of thought around the league that as good as Jackson is, adjusting for Philip Rivers'(notes) excellence is a wise thing to do. Would Jackson be as effective in a less dynamic system with a quarterback who didn't have an equivalent skill set? In addition, Smith has guys like Floyd and Legedu Naanee(notes) on his roster to pick up the slack. Nannee is more the inline possession guy, but Floyd has proven his ability to get downfield and make plays; he's averaged 17.2 yards per reception in each of the last two years. That's very important in Norv Turner's vertical offense, and if Floyd can continue his good work from 2009, Jackson will start losing leverage.

Minnesota Vikings TE Visanthe Shiancoe(notes) – A quick note for all you folks bailing water because Sidney Rice(notes) and Percy Harvin(notes) won't be there to catch footballs from Everybody's All-American: Don't forget about Shiancoe. He saw better numbers under Favre in 2009, but it's worth noting that Shiancoe also ranked highly in DVOA and DYAR in 2008, when Gus Frerotte(notes) (yeah, Mr. Stadium Concussion himself) was the Vikings' main quarterback. Shiancoe has quietly moved into the Gates/Gonzalez/Clark level of efficiency, but his skills won't be undersold when he's the one bailing Lord Favre out week after week.

Tennessee Titans DE Jacob Ford(notes) – With the departure of Javon Kearse, Albert Haynesworth(notes) and Kyle Vanden Bosch(notes), the Titans' front four has become an anonymous – though effective – group. Ford has been the leader of the pack. The Titans drafted Derrick Morgan(notes) to be their sack specialist of the future, but Ford put up 5.5 sacks last year despite the fact that he played about half of the team's defensive snaps. In the short term, he's a guy to watch on Sundays and as an IDP threat in your fantasy leagues.

Atlanta Falcons DE Kroy Biermann(notes) – The Falcons have been looking for the complement and eventual successor to rush end John Abraham(notes) for years. Of course, the thought was that Jamaal Anderson(notes) would take that role, but the 2007 first-round pick out of Arkansas has been a bust. In the meantime, Biermann – who was selected in the fifth round a year later – impressed last season with five sacks in a situational role. Now that Anderson has put on weight for a switch to a swing end/tackle role, and Biermann has been tearing it up in the preseason, look for Biermann to get a better shot at the big time.

Carolina Panthers LB Jon Beason(notes) – Between Barrett Ruud(notes), Curtis Lofton(notes) and Jonathan Vilma(notes), the NFC South is packed with great inside linebackers. Maybe that's why people don't talk as much about Beason; it's tough to come up with another reason. In 2009, Beason finished behind only Ruud, Patrick Willis(notes) and London Fletcher(notes) in total defensive plays, and ranked sixth, tied with Kirk Morrison(notes), David Hawthorne(notes) and Karlos Dansby(notes), with 26 Defeats (an FO stat that measures plays which stop the offense from gaining first-down yardage on third or fourth down, stop the offense behind the line of scrimmage, or result in a fumble or interception). The Panthers are still figuring out their front four, a fact that makes Beason more important to his team than ever as he moves between the weak side and the middle in different defensive packages.

Kansas City Chiefs DB Brandon Flowers(notes) – The Chiefs' defense has been a mess for the last few years; only endbacker Tamba Hali(notes) has been a consistent standout. But with the selection of safety Eric Berry(notes) in the first round this year, some real athleticism and game intelligence has found its way to Kansas City. Another player to watch is Flowers, whom the Chiefs selected in the second round of the 2008 draft. While Flowers showed some impressive characteristics in his rookie season, he really matured in his second year. He tied with Cincinnati's Leon Hall(notes) for fifth in the NFL in passes defensed, and bumped his interception total from two to five. With Berry playing center field in that defensive backfield, Flowers' Pro Bowl potential may finally be unlocked.
 11-02-2010, 07:58 PM         #36
McTickleTaint 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Here is another good list:

Denver Broncos QB Kyle Orton(notes) – Orton has been an afterthought in Denver, trapped as he has been between the departing Jay Cutler(notes) and the media crunch around Tim Tebow(notes). But when he was traded for Cutler in a mega-deal, the ex-Bears quarterback responded by putting up the best numbers of his career (both traditional and sabermetric) for the Broncos in 2009. Excelling as he did for a mercurial coach and an offense in flux last season, Orton was rewarded with an extension that will pay him $8.1 million guaranteed over the 2010 and 2011 seasons. While most a.ssumed that the Orton extension reflected a lack of faith in Tebow's short-term prospects, it was just as much about a quarterback who learned to succeed in the face of chaos.

Green Bay Packers RB Ryan Grant(notes) – People attending Short Attention Span Theater have only a bit of time to think about the Packers, and if you believe the NFL Network these days, 75 percent of the aggregate energy spent in Green Bay is spent pining for Brett Favre(notes), and the other 25 percent is spent wondering if Aaron Rodgers(notes) can measure up (as if we didn't already know that he could). Those a bit closer to reality know of Ryan Grant's value to the offense. While Grant's blocking has always been suspect, he was a tremendously efficient back in 2009, ranking second in Football Outsiders' DYAR (cumulative efficiency) metric (only Chris Johnson was better), and fourth in FO's DVOA (play-by-play) stat.

New Orleans Saints RB Pierre Thomas(notes) – Thomas may be an even better under-the-radar back from an efficiency perspective. The Saints are always highly rated as a passing team, and justifiably so. But one of the keys to their Super Bowl run last season was a rushing attack that stepped up time after time on the rare occasions that Drew Brees(notes) was misfiring. You'll remember his amazing play in the NFC championship game, where he fumbled and recovered his own fumble while banging for the end zone. He also ranked first overall in DVOA among running backs, and this might finally be his feature-back year.

Dallas Cowboys RB Tashard Choice(notes) – Here's a guy who won't be a feature back unless lots of people get hurt. Choice is buried on the depth chart behind Marion Barber(notes) and Felix Jones(notes), but he's the best rusher the team has on first and third downs, in the draw plays offensive coordinator Jason Garrett likes to run, and in the receiving game. Choice is also a lead candidate to take snaps in Dallas' Razorback (i.e. Wildcat) formations, when Felix Jones replicates the stuff he used to do with Darren McFadden(notes) at Arkansas. This is a guy who could (and would) be the lead back on at least 10 NFL teams ... on a "right now" basis. A tremendously productive and versatile back, his time should be now.

San Diego Chargers WR Malcom Floyd(notes) – You'll notice that while Chargers general manager A.J. Smith has at least been meeting with the representatives handling left tackle Marcus McNeill(notes), he's been relatively quiet about receiver Vincent Jackson's(notes) threats to hold out the entire season if he doesn't get the long-term deal he wants. There is a lot of thought around the league that as good as Jackson is, adjusting for Philip Rivers'(notes) excellence is a wise thing to do. Would Jackson be as effective in a less dynamic system with a quarterback who didn't have an equivalent skill set? In addition, Smith has guys like Floyd and Legedu Naanee(notes) on his roster to pick up the slack. Nannee is more the inline possession guy, but Floyd has proven his ability to get downfield and make plays; he's averaged 17.2 yards per reception in each of the last two years. That's very important in Norv Turner's vertical offense, and if Floyd can continue his good work from 2009, Jackson will start losing leverage.

Minnesota Vikings TE Visanthe Shiancoe(notes) – A quick note for all you folks bailing water because Sidney Rice(notes) and Percy Harvin(notes) won't be there to catch footballs from Everybody's All-American: Don't forget about Shiancoe. He saw better numbers under Favre in 2009, but it's worth noting that Shiancoe also ranked highly in DVOA and DYAR in 2008, when Gus Frerotte(notes) (yeah, Mr. Stadium Concussion himself) was the Vikings' main quarterback. Shiancoe has quietly moved into the Gates/Gonzalez/Clark level of efficiency, but his skills won't be undersold when he's the one bailing Lord Favre out week after week.

Tennessee Titans DE Jacob Ford(notes) – With the departure of Javon Kearse, Albert Haynesworth(notes) and Kyle Vanden Bosch(notes), the Titans' front four has become an anonymous – though effective – group. Ford has been the leader of the pack. The Titans drafted Derrick Morgan(notes) to be their sack specialist of the future, but Ford put up 5.5 sacks last year despite the fact that he played about half of the team's defensive snaps. In the short term, he's a guy to watch on Sundays and as an IDP threat in your fantasy leagues.

Atlanta Falcons DE Kroy Biermann(notes) – The Falcons have been looking for the complement and eventual successor to rush end John Abraham(notes) for years. Of course, the thought was that Jamaal Anderson(notes) would take that role, but the 2007 first-round pick out of Arkansas has been a bust. In the meantime, Biermann – who was selected in the fifth round a year later – impressed last season with five sacks in a situational role. Now that Anderson has put on weight for a switch to a swing end/tackle role, and Biermann has been tearing it up in the preseason, look for Biermann to get a better shot at the big time.

Carolina Panthers LB Jon Beason(notes) – Between Barrett Ruud(notes), Curtis Lofton(notes) and Jonathan Vilma(notes), the NFC South is packed with great inside linebackers. Maybe that's why people don't talk as much about Beason; it's tough to come up with another reason. In 2009, Beason finished behind only Ruud, Patrick Willis(notes) and London Fletcher(notes) in total defensive plays, and ranked sixth, tied with Kirk Morrison(notes), David Hawthorne(notes) and Karlos Dansby(notes), with 26 Defeats (an FO stat that measures plays which stop the offense from gaining first-down yardage on third or fourth down, stop the offense behind the line of scrimmage, or result in a fumble or interception). The Panthers are still figuring out their front four, a fact that makes Beason more important to his team than ever as he moves between the weak side and the middle in different defensive packages.

Kansas City Chiefs DB Brandon Flowers(notes) – The Chiefs' defense has been a mess for the last few years; only endbacker Tamba Hali(notes) has been a consistent standout. But with the selection of safety Eric Berry(notes) in the first round this year, some real athleticism and game intelligence has found its way to Kansas City. Another player to watch is Flowers, whom the Chiefs selected in the second round of the 2008 draft. While Flowers showed some impressive characteristics in his rookie season, he really matured in his second year. He tied with Cincinnati's Leon Hall(notes) for fifth in the NFL in passes defensed, and bumped his interception total from two to five. With Berry playing center field in that defensive backfield, Flowers' Pro Bowl potential may finally be unlocked.
Ryan Grant and Pierre Thomas are hurt. Where did you find the list of injured underrated players?
 11-02-2010, 08:01 PM         #37
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 McTickleTaint said:
Ryan Grant and Pierre Thomas are hurt. Where did you find the list of injured underrated players?
On the internet, it is better than a list with stars like Rodgers and AJ.
 7 years ago '06        #38
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
avatar space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Yup it's true. Of course Welker is not gonna have quite as much space without the GOAT Randy spreading the field but he's still a monster and f**k anyone who hates on this guy he's a warrior.
 7 years ago '04        #39
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 DesertEagle said:
If anything, Welker is overrated.
 11-02-2010, 08:20 PM         #40
McTickleTaint 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
On the internet, it is better than a list with stars like Rodgers and AJ.
Truth. At least Rodgers' name isn't on it. That guy there is the definition of overrated. Guy has played no defenses and torches them and then fails worse than Peyton against the top defenses and gets ridden like a carnival elephant. I do suggest some minor editing next time though and erasing injured players, because I'm sure BX gonna roast you for that list.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 15
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 13
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
I'm taking that one-way flight to London
16 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy