*official game thread* green bay packers @ new york jets 10/31/10 1pm est

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who wins
Green Bay Packers 10 50.00%
New York Jets 10 50.00%
Voters: 20. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
10706 pageviews
483 comments

BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,959 | Props total: 1094 1094
*official game thread* green bay packers @ new york jets 10/31/10 1pm est

It was hard watching you all you scrubbs last weekend. Time to get back to business.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

REX RYAN DOESN'T REGRET REVIS/WOODSON COMMENTS

Last year, Rex Ryan made no bones about the fact that he thought Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis deserved the NFL’s defensive player of the year, an award given to Packers cornerback Charles Woodson.

Not surprisingly the outspoken Jets coach said today on a conference call with reporters who cover the Packers that he doesn’t regret his comments.

“I know he’s a great player,” Ryan said. ”My brother coached Charles when he was at the Raiders and absolutely loved him, and he was a great player. I don’t say he’s not a great player, but the year that Darrelle Revis had has never been done in the history of the league, and I think that was a once in a lifetime year for any corner. We did have the number one defense in football. We did give up only eight passing touchdowns last year, and I think that was an incredible thing, and it was such a great tribute to him.

“Anybody that watched us play knows the type of thing that we did with him. We totally rolled coverage away from. We put him in a tough situation every single down, and the kid just responded and that’s the thing, that’s where he’s at right now. You’re going to get to see Darrelle Revis at his best. He hasn’t played that way this year, but like I say it’s a once in a lifetime performance, and I thought the young man deserved the award. Charles had an unbelievable year. You look at him statistically, it was a phenomenal year. I know one thing, as much as I respect Charles Woodson, I just thought the year Darrelle Revis had, I’d never seen anything like it, and I’ve only been around football all my life, and I’ve never seen anybody have that kind of year.”

The ultra-confident Ryan also believes his Jets are the best team in the NFL.

When asked to a.ssess the crowded AFC picture, Ryan said: ”Yeah, I’d put us right at the top of that picture, so I think we’re right where we want to be.”

“But there’s a lot of good football teams in this league,” Ryan added. ”Green Bay’s one of them. The AFC certainly has a bunch of guys – Pittsburgh, Tennessee’s playing awful well, Indianapolis, Baltimore, you can just go on and on, New England and Miami. there some great teams in this league. We just think we’re the best, so we’re out to prove it each week.”

– Rob Demovsky, rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com

[pic - click to view]

On how much extra attention is required for Clay Matthews since he never tires…

That’s alright. Our guys don’t (tire) either. It’s going to be a big challenge for Damien Woody. He’s going to have to chase him all over the place. He’s not going to go up against Brick (D’Brickashaw Ferguson), I don’t think. We already know the outcome of that one because he does it each week. (Dwight) Freeney, Jared Allen, whoever, just put him over there. That’s fine with us. I think he’s going to try and challenge Damien Woody. We’ll see. Damien Woody is a great football player, so let’s see those two go at it.

[pic - click to view]

-I really don't do much avi betting. I'll leave that to Gatts if he wants to take bets. I just had to make this thread b/c I'm getting restless.

Last edited by BackBlock_OG; 10-27-2010 at 02:00 PM..

483 comments for "*official game thread* green bay packers @ new york jets 10/31/10 1pm est"

7 years ago '09        #2
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
props on the photos, that was very creative

safe to say after we win our fans going to be like

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #3
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
D’Brickashaw

who the f**k names their kid that ? might as well name him Kickme
 7 years ago '04        #4
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
 Spiffy said:
D’Brickashaw

who the f**k names their kid that ? might as well name him Kickme

-but I think it comes from some character from some book or movie.
 7 years ago '04        #5
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,556 | Props total: 13172 13172
 BackBlock_OG said:
It was hard watching you all you scrubbs this weekend. Time to get back to business.
It was hard reading that first sentence.

And the amount of d!ck riding and homer-ism is going to be off the charts in this thread.

Anyway, back on topic.

Jets will probably win, but the Packers have a weird way of playing to the level of their competition. (Usually it bites us in the a.ss--maybe now it will help). And my boy is a big fan of the Jets, he thinks the Jets are due to drop one, but personally I don't think it's going to be off a bye week.

QB: Packers
RB: Jets
WR: Packers
TE: Push
OL: Jets (but it's closer than most people would think)
DL: Packers
LB: Jets
Secondary: Push
Special Teams: Jets
Coaching: Jets

Jets 6.5 point favorites. (Take the Packers to cover btw).
 7 years ago '04        #6
space
space
 regularjoe said:
It was hard reading that first sentence.

And the amount of d!ck riding and homer-ism is going to be off the charts in this thread.

Anyway, back on topic.

Jets will probably win, but the Packers have a weird way of playing to the level of their competition. (Usually it bites us in the a.ss--maybe now it will help). And my boy is a big fan of the Jets, he thinks the Jets are due to drop one, but personally I don't think it's going to be off a bye week.

QB: Packers
RB: Jets
WR: Packers
TE: Push
OL: Jets (but it's closer than most people would think)
DL: Packers
LB: Jets
Secondary: Push
Special Teams: Jets
Coaching: Jets

Jets 6.5 point favorites. (Take the Packers to cover btw).
I was trying to find something to argue about, but you pretty much hit it on the head. I might argue about D-line b/c Ellis, Taylor and Price aren't slouches, but they don't have the sack #'s to compare.
 7 years ago '08        #7
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,199 | Props total: 5322 5322
I just wish Finley was in this game , but Quarless better have his feet untangled cause we'll need him to have a good game
 7 years ago '04        #8
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 M said:
I just wish Finley was in this game , but Quarless better have his feet untangled cause we'll need him to have a good game
M, what's the good word brotha?

I talked to my Packers connect (that sounds SO gay ), he said Quarless is still pissed about that.

Also have heard, the Packers vibe in the locker is like none seen in a few years. Guys are treating this one like a playoff game. And... watch out for Donald Driver if his quad heals up more. (Expecting him to play). He's pissed.
 7 years ago '08        #9
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,199 | Props total: 5322 5322
 regularjoe said:
M, what's the good word brotha?

I talked to my Packers connect (that sounds SO gay ), he said Quarless is still pissed about that.

Also have heard, the Packers vibe in the locker is like none seen in a few years. Guys are treating this one like a playoff game. And... watch out for Donald Driver if his quad heals up more. (Expecting him to play). He's pissed.
Hey Joe :wave:

Yeah that had to be hard, I felt bad for him

It's definitely gonna be a tough game, I'm really hoping for the best
 7 years ago '09        #10
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
neither team can afford to lose imo. Pats right behind Jets and the bears and vikings are right there with us. I just hope to god the packers dont come out trying to run over and over when they see its not working, especially vs the jets
 7 years ago '06        #11
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,379 | Props total: 5660 5660
come on jets.
 7 years ago '04        #12
space
space
 Spiffy said:
neither team can afford to lose imo. Pats right behind Jets and the bears and vikings are right there with us. I just hope to god the packers dont come out trying to run over and over when they see its not working, especially vs the jets
I don't want to jinx my team, but I think it's more of a "must win" for the Pack. Outside of the Pats, Steelers and maybe Houston, the rest of our schedule is pretty weak... Then again, I don't think it's do or die for the Pack neither b/c your division is so weak and unpredictable, 10-6, 9-7 might just be enough to do it.
 7 years ago '04        #13
space
space
One thing I am worried about is our nickel back situation. We used our 1st rd pick supposedly to sure up that weakness, now we're back where we started. Hopefully we can get to Rodgers b4 he can take advantage of that.
 7 years ago '07        #14
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,242 | Props total: 20065 20065
jets better handle this. if they lose
 10-27-2010, 04:03 PM         #15
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:

Why? The Jets and Packers cant play in the playoffs...

and we know for a fact that Green Bay aint going to the Bowl..
 10-27-2010, 04:15 PM         #16
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gattsau said:
tough game for us.

our pass D has been bad. No pass rush, blitzes havent been working this is going to be a game where we will need our D to step up big time.
Sanchez monkey a.ss better read that blitz and throw for 300 yds and 3 tds.. cause I'm starting him this week in both my leagues.
 7 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 A.O.™ said:
Sanchez monkey a.ss better read that blitz and throw for 300 yds and 3 tds.. cause I'm starting him this week in both my leagues.
I bleed the green but I don't think I would be confident w/ that decision. 3 td's?... maybe, 300 yrds?... not likely. Our offense is too run based to expect that.

On another note, along w/ our nickel situation, another possible concern is Holmes' hands. Braylon gets all the flack but Holmes has been known to drop just as many or more passes... and I still think blitzing on every down only wears out the D late. but we'll see...

-oh yeah, watch how fast the haters hit the mute button next week when Revis shuts down whoever he's matched against.
 7 years ago '06        #18
SM 38217 heat pts38217
space
space
$128,097 | Props total: 68110 68110

[pic - click to view]

Lets go Pack! :applause:
 7 years ago '04        #19
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 Gattsau said:
what!?

Are you f**king kidding me?

TE push?

OL close? based on what???? Do you watch football???

Jets DL has been the strength of our D this year, id give yall the secondary only based on how bad our pass D has been.
You're the biggest Sanchez/Jets d!ck hugger on this site. Your opinion holds zero weight regarding this game.
 7 years ago '04        #20
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
Come on now with the player vs player arguments, right now the jets have a lot of better guys position wise with all of out injuries but I think we will keep it close if we lose or win
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago