The Ray Allen soon to pass Reggie Miller for 3 point shots made thread...

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #181
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$54,086 | Props total: 6985 6985
anybody got a game prediction on when he breaks it?

I'm goin Feb 10th vs LA at home on a game winner with Reggie callin the game
 7 years ago '05        #182
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,119 | Props total: 1567 1567
He is definitely gonna pass him, doesn't seem as special since he isn't the main guy on his team like Reggie always was. Surround Reggie with 3 other star players and I can't even imagine what he would do.
 7 years ago '10        #183
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 QualityRecords said:
He is definitely gonna pass him, doesn't seem as special since he isn't the main guy on his team like Reggie always was. Surround Reggie with 3 other star players and I can't even imagine what he would do.
 7 years ago '04        #184
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,674 | Props total: 3269 3269
 QualityRecords said:
f**k outta here wit that...he would have broken in whether he was on boston or not
 7 years ago '09        #185
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,176 | Props total: 22638 22638
 QualityRecords said:
as homeboy said, get the f**k outta here with that. he did it in less time too.
 02-01-2011, 09:32 AM         #186
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chctynig2804 said:
f**k outta here wit that...he would have broken in whether he was on boston or not
even sooner
 02-01-2011, 09:33 AM         #187
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 QualityRecords said:
Ray allen would have been the main guy on the Pacers WITH REGGIE MILLER on the team
 7 years ago '05        #188
space
space
9 left to break that it.............QualityRecords always hatin, but he an Indiana n*gga so it's no surprise
 7 years ago '10        #189
JudasHatesJesus 146 heat pts146
space
space
$6,989 | Props total: 3781 3781
chea buddy rollin like a big shot!!!

c'mon ray!

deff poppin bottles and eating white rice with grilled chicken in honor of ray on dat day!
 7 years ago '08        #190
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 4544 4544
hope he breaks the record when we play the Lakers feb 10
 7 years ago '05        #191
space
space
we almost there...
 7 years ago '05        #192
space
space
I WOULD BE GHOST FOR A COUPLE WEEKS SINCE NOVA LOST TONIGHT BUT I GOTTA BE HERE FOR HISTORY TOMORROW.......AND REGGIE IS CALLIN THE GAME

Ray Allen had a chance on Monday night to drain three 3-pointers against the Charlotte Bobcats, etching his name into the record books along with Reggie Miller as the most prolific long-range shooter in the history of the game.
But Allen drained just two trifectas in the Queen City, coming up short of the magic number 2,560.
So instead, he'll get his shot at home on Thursday night.
"Definitely, this is the place to do it," Allen said. "This is the place to be. I heard so many people the previous game say, 'Don't go down to Charlotte and break the record.' This just seems right, being in this building. There are so many people here that have followed me and supported me. What better place to be than in the Garden?"
In a way, Allen's conflicted. His whole life in basketball, he's been taught to play within the team, supplanting his own ego. And now, in arguably the Celtics' biggest game of the year -- home against the Lakers, their most hated rivals and the defending champs -- he gets the chance to make the night all about himself. It runs counter to the way he's always played.
"Basketball's so weird," he said. "We do so much inside of the team concept, but all the while, there are so many individual moments that take place. This is one of those moments. My whole career, I've been such a team-oriented guy, but this a moment for me to stand up and say this is something important in my career."
Allen currently ranks second all-time in made 3-pointers with 2,559. The one man ahead of him, Miller, will be in the building Thursday night calling the game for TNT. In third is Jason Kidd, who hit a game-winning 3 against the Celtics last Friday night. Peja Stojakovic, tied for fourth, and Jason Terry, eighth, are Kidd's Mavericks teammates. Chauncey Billups is sixth, and his Nuggets host the C's in two weeks. Rashard Lewis, a close friend of Allen's who played with him in Seattle, is seventh.
Allen said Wednesday that he wants to share the record with everyone who's ascended the list with him.
"The record's not just about me," he said. "It's about the people who have built me into who I am and allowed me to get to this place. And at the same time, it's about the people that have built this record up -- Reggie's the guy who's built the record up to this point, and every other shooter that he's had to beat out to get to the point where he's at. It's a long list, and I'm happy to be able to make my way to the top of it."
 7 years ago '08        #193
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
Walter Ray Allen about to put some history on Los Angeles Fakers.....
 02-09-2011, 11:20 PM         #194
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Junior G said:
I WOULD BE GHOST FOR A COUPLE WEEKS SINCE NOVA LOST TONIGHT BUT I GOTTA BE HERE FOR HISTORY TOMORROW.......AND REGGIE IS CALLIN THE GAME

Ray Allen had a chance on Monday night to drain three 3-pointers against the Charlotte Bobcats, etching his name into the record books along with Reggie Miller as the most prolific long-range shooter in the history of the game.
But Allen drained just two trifectas in the Queen City, coming up short of the magic number 2,560.
So instead, he'll get his shot at home on Thursday night.
"Definitely, this is the place to do it," Allen said. "This is the place to be. I heard so many people the previous game say, 'Don't go down to Charlotte and break the record.' This just seems right, being in this building. There are so many people here that have followed me and supported me. What better place to be than in the Garden?"
In a way, Allen's conflicted. His whole life in basketball, he's been taught to play within the team, supplanting his own ego. And now, in arguably the Celtics' biggest game of the year -- home against the Lakers, their most hated rivals and the defending champs -- he gets the chance to make the night all about himself. It runs counter to the way he's always played.
"Basketball's so weird," he said. "We do so much inside of the team concept, but all the while, there are so many individual moments that take place. This is one of those moments. My whole career, I've been such a team-oriented guy, but this a moment for me to stand up and say this is something important in my career."
Allen currently ranks second all-time in made 3-pointers with 2,559. The one man ahead of him, Miller, will be in the building Thursday night calling the game for TNT. In third is Jason Kidd, who hit a game-winning 3 against the Celtics last Friday night. Peja Stojakovic, tied for fourth, and Jason Terry, eighth, are Kidd's Mavericks teammates. Chauncey Billups is sixth, and his Nuggets host the C's in two weeks. Rashard Lewis, a close friend of Allen's who played with him in Seattle, is seventh.
Allen said Wednesday that he wants to share the record with everyone who's ascended the list with him.
"The record's not just about me," he said. "It's about the people who have built me into who I am and allowed me to get to this place. And at the same time, it's about the people that have built this record up -- Reggie's the guy who's built the record up to this point, and every other shooter that he's had to beat out to get to the point where he's at. It's a long list, and I'm happy to be able to make my way to the top of it."
Celtics History being made every year by multiple Celtics. I love it.

Wether its Ray, Rondo, Pierce, Garnett ......The records keep coming
 7 years ago '05        #195
space
space
 7 years ago '05        #196
space
space
I'd give my d!ck to be at this game tomorrow
 7 years ago '05        #197
space
space
Allen needs two 3s to break mark

By Bill Doyle TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF

Add a comment

Boston Celtics' Ray Allen (20) shoots a 3-pointer against the Charlotte Bobcats in an NBA basketball game in Charlotte, N.C., Monday,
(THE a.ssOCIATED PRESS)
» Enlarge photo
WALTHAM — When Ray Allen played for Seattle five years ago, he broke Dennis Scott’s NBA record for most 3-pointers in a season, but just barely. Allen finished with 269, two more than Scott.

After Allen breaks Reggie Miller’s NBA record for most 3-pointers in a career — tomorrow against the Lakers, Sunday against Miami, whenever — he hopes to put as much distance between him and Miller as he can.

Allen said he doesn’t want to be the next “Mr. 3,000,” referring to the 2004 baseball comedy in which Bernie Mac’s character retired as soon as he reached 3,000 hits, only to be forced to make a comeback years later when it was discovered that a clerical error had wrongly credited him with three more hits than he actually had. Allen also doesn’t want anyone to catch him anytime soon.

“Say you break a record, and you get three, four, five years down the line,” Allen said, “and some other guy comes up, and he gets to that point.”

Allen enters tomorrow’s game against the Lakers at the Garden one shy of tying and two short of breaking Miller’s NBA record of 2,560 career 3-pointers.

Miller, who will analyze the 8 p.m. game courtside for TNT, retired after the 2004-05 season at age 39 after playing 18 seasons for the Indiana Pacers. Allen, 35, is in his 15th NBA season and hopes to play beyond next season when his two-year contract with the Celtics runs out.

“One of the things that I said about my longevity,” Allen said, “is I wanted my kids to really be able to see and understand what I’m doing and what I am because I want it to have an impact on them in a positive way.”

The two youngest of Allen’s four children are 1 and 4, so he would have to play awhile to provide them with lasting memories.

Allen has said in recent weeks that he preferred to break the record at the Garden.

Today after practice at HealthPoint, he admitted breaking it tonight would be even more meaningful, and not just because Miller will be on hand.

“It definitely makes it special because it’s the Lakers,” he said.

“The one thing I don’t want to do,” Allen said, “is to go into the game with that on my mind, like I got to shoot 3s, I got to get two of them real quick so I can bring the building to its feet.”
Miller will be among those applauding.

“He’s been in my corner the last three, four years,” Allen said. “I catch him in the hallway, catch him in the hotel, and he’s always been a great supporter of everything that I’ve done.”

Allen realizes that his teammates all want to get the a.ssist on the record-breaking shot.

“I’m sure I’ll be getting the ball passed to me a lot,” he said.

Allen credits his longevity to his painstaking off-day and pregame rituals, making sure he eats the proper food, gets his rest and practices his shooting longer than anyone else on his team. Allen has never been diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder, but he believes he has a borderline case.

“I’m not going to let my age slow me down,” he said, “and think I’ve got to be pushed out to the pasture like most guys would be in their mid-30s. You can be even better than you were.”

“Ray may be better this year than he was (three) years ago when we won the championship,” Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said. “Of course, he was coming off ankle surgery at that time, but he looks fresh. He’s not just making 3s, he’s scoring in the paint. I even saw an alley-oop dunk the other night in transition. He’s doing a variety of things. He’s still playing like he’s always played. That’s very encouraging.”

The Lakers will be visiting the Garden for the first time since the Celtics beat them, 92-86, in Game 5 of the NBA Finals last June.

The Green look to sweep the regular-season series after prevailing in Los Angeles, 109-96, on Jan. 30 when they shot 60.3 percent, their third-highest field-goal percentage ever against the Lakers.

Allen sank an NBA-record eight 3-pointers against the Lakers in a Game 2 victory in the NBA Finals, but set another NBA record by missing all eight of his 3-point tries in a Game 3 loss in Boston.

After Allen breaks Miller’s record, he’ll concentrate on dethroning teammate Paul Pierce as the NBA’s 3-point contest champ during All-Star weekend.

“My next focus is, I’ve got Paul in my crosshairs right now, and I’m getting ready to take him out,” Allen said.
 02-09-2011, 11:28 PM         #198
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
“My next focus is, I’ve got Paul in my crosshairs right now, and I’m getting ready to take him out,” Allen said.
:applause:

my n*ggaz gonna go at it and laugh when one of them wins.
 7 years ago '07        #199
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,630 | Props total: 2474 2474
Man i can't wait for this..one of my favorite players of all time making f**king history!!!!!!!..congrats to ray, he's such a 1st class athlete and man.. he deserves this, all the hard work and time he's devoted to the game of b ball is remarkable..big ups to him..i'll definitely enjoy watching him do it tomorrow :)

Last edited by Deniro732; 02-09-2011 at 11:33 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #200
NLSP42 155 heat pts155
space
space
$7,873 | Props total: 9192 9192
I will be at the game....cannot f**kING wait.....I will throw up pictures after the game
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy