Is $30,000 A Year Still the Norm?

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-30-2010, 12:17 AM         #61
Shinto217 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
real talk just find a wifey that also has a decent job so you can double your income. not on some golddigger s**t, but as a way that both of you can save more money and split the expenses.
 7 years ago '05        #62
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
100k and living in manhattan? lol...have fun...a retarded amount of your check will go to rent ALONE
 10-30-2010, 07:25 PM         #63
Morphy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ramazed said:
you flippin burgers?
I might as well be, I'm doing "security". Unemplyment in my area is at 14% right now, s**ts hard out here. and the stuff I'm qualified to do (graphic design) isnt enough cuz nowadays they want you to be a graphic designer, web designer, customer sales rep, computer technician, etc all in one.
 10-31-2010, 01:07 AM         #64
jawilksu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if you were to live in a small town in the midwest 30-40k would work just find in some of these towns if you made in the upper 30ies you prolly could be one of the richest ppl in the town
 7 years ago '05        #65
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,308 | Props total: 4731 4731
 Tommy_Bunz said:
who do you know that has to pay 30 a month for the light bill/electricity?

and 60 a month for a cell bill? not even senior citizens get it that good with these damn phone companies
my parents in Colorado Springs pay less than $80 TOTAL for both water and electricity. Colorado Spring's the biggest city next to Denver in Colorado....

and 60 for a phone bill is enough..... hell, my share is around $45-50.......
 10-31-2010, 08:45 AM         #66
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Morphy said:
I might as well be, I'm doing "security". Unemplyment in my area is at 14% right now, s**ts hard out here. and the stuff I'm qualified to do (graphic design) isnt enough cuz nowadays they want you to be a graphic designer, web designer, customer sales rep, computer technician, etc all in one.
Then pick up some skills and stop standing around with your pants down.

Do what you do well and provide quality service / rapport with your clients. They don't need all the titles and s**t, they just need the work done. By title im a graphics designer. Realistically the time spend in graphics is prolly 25% of the time I spend in code these days. And that doesn't even compare to the time spent liasing with the clients, PRing and working on new skills / ideas.

When it comes down to it, being a "graphics designer" to me is 10% of being a designer, 90% being an effective entrepreneur. And there's a lot of work, you just need to know where to look and the right presentation to the client :D

Last edited by Metalzoa; 10-31-2010 at 08:47 AM..
 11-01-2010, 08:08 PM         #67
Morphy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well still trying to figure out how to do that effectively. I have a few clients but not enough to support my wife and son and the bills. so thats why im still working a day job which then takes additional time away from doing what I need to do for me to network properly.
 7 years ago '06        #68
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
Man i see what you guys are saying but where im living they dont wanna pay that much for entry level s**t. They also are laying off people and since the economy is so s**tty they are hiring people with 5 years experience to do entry level work and these dudes are so desperate for work they take it. I cant get my foot in the door anywhere and its horrible.
 7 years ago '04        #69
SpittN4Cash 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,388 | Props total: 592 592
 THaXcEpTiOnAL1 said:
30k a yr is broke my n*gga
^this (f**k inflation & taxes)

Ramazed said:
you flippin burgers?
 11-03-2010, 03:58 AM         #70
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Morphy said:
Well still trying to figure out how to do that effectively. I have a few clients but not enough to support my wife and son and the bills. so thats why im still working a day job which then takes additional time away from doing what I need to do for me to network properly.
I feel you bro. The wife and kid on top of ya grind definitely makes it harder to make risky moves too. All I'll say is that there's money in them pixels. Worry about putting out much better work than you every have every time. It's not an easy grind, but the streets is watching. You never know when your big break will come.
 11-03-2010, 05:22 PM         #71
Morphy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ Thanks. I def am not one for excuses I put in the work that I can but with everyday life and work, s**t's minimal at best compared to someone who's supporting himsef off it. If I could, I would quit my regular job right now and totally submerge myself. But I'll have to make it all up within a month to keep from being evicted LOL. I had savings, which went to my son. Couldn't have thought of a better way to spend it than on him so it was worth it.

If my wife goes from part time to full time, or I run into some money, I can afford to quit.
 7 years ago '05        #72
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 240 240
 Maroon_Tiger said:
put it this way dude... you aint making 100k unless you're 30/+ years of age or you're a genius... thats manager corporate america level

they dont hand out 100k like its entry level or 2nd level..
your talking about working in business

a doctor easily makes 100k, an investment banker gets easy starting 80k+bonuses=100k, a owner of a gas station makes 100k easy

multiply that by the hundreds of doctors,bankers, and arabs u get tons and tons of money floating in the us economy

im keepin it real homie, dreamin big is like u wanna make a mil, not 100k. thats petty s**t.
 7 years ago '06        #73
c-rizzle 
space
space
$1,266 | Props total: 1 1
i'm 27 making 100k , i'm in the plumbing industry , work from home as an outside salesman
 7 years ago '05        #74
DatKidDex 
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 386 386
about 30 sum if u up north down south its 23K
 11-05-2010, 08:19 AM         #75
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
most warehouse jobs pay between 11-13hr w OT, so for one person 30 would be around average for most young ppl and a good number of others without degrees or certification. all you'd have to do to increase income is pick up another job if you dont want to go the degree route
 7 years ago '05        #76
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,308 | Props total: 4731 4731
 THaXcEpTiOnAL1 said:
your talking about working in business

a doctor easily makes 100k, an investment banker gets easy starting 80k+bonuses=100k, a owner of a gas station makes 100k easy

multiply that by the hundreds of doctors,bankers, and arabs u get tons and tons of money floating in the us economy

im keepin it real homie, dreamin big is like u wanna make a mil, not 100k. thats petty s**t.
Most doctors don't start really getting to work until they're close to 30 anyways... After graduating med school, doctors still need a couple of years to establish residency.
 7 years ago '04        #77
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
It depends on where you live (need), and it depends on what you consider to be comfortable (want). When you think about it it's really the great american battle of contentment.

This man over here might live comfortable off 30 grand cause he has no kids, no wife to take care of, and drives a Honda

This man over here might have a baby mama on child support trying to drive a 50 thousand dollar car trying to live next to somebody who makes 60. This is course is the result of poor decision making. He's not comfortable because he's ignorant. The other dude above is comfortable because he knows the limitations of 30 grand.

Last edited by Rufus The Stunt; 11-05-2010 at 10:40 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #78
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,906 | Props total: 2541 2541
i'll share the s**t some old heads told me.....

im in alabama so we not to big. but this is what an old head told me.

a wealthy one 60-70K living a nice lifestyle

"Always remember you can bring in alot of bank but if your credit is s**t you will struggle to get s**t. always i mean always keep your credit high and watch your debt to income ratio. the lower your bills the harder you hussle and you get the same benefits. manage your s**t"

an from the grinder

100-125K

" man i make hella money working this over time and being in maintenace. but s**t after child support hit me for my 3 little ones and my ex wife and i pay off the bills and such. I feel like i aint got s**t. tax doesnt make it better. things and decisions you make in life will cost you alot. so think twice before you make a move. even if it doesnt involve money"

heard both them s**ts when i was like 19 years old. now im 25 making 50K 700+ credit. .can get s**t if i want but decide not to. all this materialistic s**t for the birds.

get a spot pay it off so you have a place to stay get you a reliable car pay it off so you have a car to drive. then your debt will be low 90% of the time. and you can experience true freedom..

but its all numbers play to win.

and @ people saying 30K is or not enough for someone to live comfortable its all on budgeting and the cost of living in that area. 30K in a small town in idaho is ballin because the jobs pay just enough to keep up with the cost of living like 30K in the main cities of Cali would be poor. so technically nobodies wrong.
 7 years ago '08        #79
simmons224 
space
space
space
$559 | Props total: 11 11
s**t im 24 in columbus ohio. i make 50k a year and n*ggas look at me like a boss. i dont feel like that i want more. but i make it. its enough to buy a few pairs of new jordans keep my gear fresh pay the bills and i live alone. i dont struggle at all to tell u the truth
 11-06-2010, 02:37 PM         #80
Yelsgnik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Honestly, 30k a year isn't s**t. The price of beer is going up every day. If you are single 30k is straight in Texas. If you want to have a family and be able to give your kids what they want, you have to step your game up.

I go to school at UT, and I am going to make roughly $15,000 from a paid internship this summer with Devon Energy.

We cant settle for less, we need to try and get it all...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
54 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
274 comments
18 hours ago