Phat ass white girl for real
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
105 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #21
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,131 | Props total: 4527 4527
 01seay said:
Was just wondering if anyone knew the average yearly salary for most people these days to live a "comfortable" lifestyle.....

Is it in the $40K now?
for a single person 50k is comfortable in most cities. on 30k/yr u cudnt afford to be laid off for 6 months..
 7 years ago '04        #22
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,896 | Props total: 2006 2006
25-30 dollars an hour is:

1000-1200 dollars a week
4333-5200 dollars a month
52,000-62,400 dollars a year

Based on one High School district I looked at, you would have to have your Masters and teach for 8-12 years BEFORE making what this guy claims McDonalds managers are making? :laughing0: I'm sorry but at that point, teaching, you are 31-35 years old before you are making what managers at McDonalds make? Now I know teaching isn't a big time paying job but I doubt McD's managers are making more.
 7 years ago '04        #23
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,131 | Props total: 4527 4527
 specialk103185 said:
in 2007 when i came out of college, I was in sales and making 35K a year+ Commission...it came out to about 42K...in MD/DC/VA and I was still living at home with my folks. Doing that I was able to live decent. But it would be difficult to move on that around here. When I started making 50K I moved out and that was easier. When I started making 65K I was comfortable. But the cost of living varies. If I was making my salary down south, I feel like I would be living GREAT.
kinda sales u n fam
 7 years ago '04        #24
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
50k is about the national average

but in NYC, it's like 75,000...it's ridiculous here. If I made what I made here but lived anywhere else (other than san fran or LA), I'd be balling...but in ny, it's basically middle class
 7 years ago '04        #25
mr_underground|m 1967 heat pts1967
space
space
$22,756 | Props total: 28450 28450
Depends on where u live. $100k is cool in Maryland but won't get you far in NYC and is living large in West Virginia and in the south.
 7 years ago '05        #26
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 Fcuk Boy Music said:
LOL @ 30K - 40K being the norm or comfortable?

youre kidding right? not in nyc. maybe in south dakota or idaho.

30-40K is a salary for a mcdonalds/burger king worker or a high school drop out or ged.

i made 60-70K outta college
McDonalds worker makes about 15K in most areas bro. You live in one of the most expensive cities in the world, obviously salaries are inflated there, as well as cost of living. The discussion is about the average in America as a whole.
 7 years ago '05        #27
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 mr_underground said:
Depends on where u live. $100k is cool in Maryland but won't get you far in NYC and is living large in West Virginia and in the south.

At 100K not getting you far NY.

100K a year ANYWHERE is MONEY.

Some of you are living in a fantasy world.

Honestly in most places in America you could live comfortable in a 3 bedroom apartment with all utlities included, car payment, cell phone bill, all the works for about 2500 a month. If you are single.

I know guys that make 400 a week that live a decent lifestyle.

You can't support a family with that salary, but if you are honestly a single man and you are that bad at managing your money then I feel sorry for you. at 50K being the national average, which somebody said.

50K a year is GOOD money in 95 percent of American cities. Not decent money, GOOD money. If I needed to I could live comfortable off of 35K a year EASILY. It's money management. Don't spend money on stupid s**t and you are good.

Some of your expectations are way to high and you are gonna be bitter as f**k when you hit adulthood.
 7 years ago '05        #28
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,378 | Props total: 479 479
 Reppindaburghh said:

Honestly in most places in America you could live comfortable in a 3 bedroom apartment with all utlities included, car payment, cell phone bill, all the works for about 2500 a month. If you are single.

You can't support a family with that salary, but if you are honestly a single man and you are that bad at managing your money then I feel sorry for you. at 50K being the national average, which somebody said.

50K a year is GOOD money in 95 percent of American cities. Not decent money, GOOD money. If I needed to I could live comfortable off of 35K a year EASILY. It's money management. Don't spend money on stupid s**t and you are good.

Some of your expectations are way to high and you are gonna be bitter as f**k when you hit adulthood.
pretty much hit it on the head......

im in a small city, but still it be kinda high priced....
that can change how ya lifestyle is right there....

and nobody here is gettin ova 30k unless its sum seroious ot...
or unless they managers or own sum s**t....

100k - 50k is great really.....
 7 years ago '04        #29
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
quick lil trick to figure out a yearly salary, APPROXIMATELY....take ur hourly wage, double it, plus 1.....

15 per hour...x2 = 30 + 1 = 31 k

it all depends on what u call "comfortable"

every location is different, every person has different s**t to spend money on, & it depends on if ur talkin bout being single, having 1 or more kids

do u smoke? do u drink daily? do u eat out alot? are u a gambler? do u shop much? do u travel? how much do u spend in gas per week? lots of things factor in
 7 years ago '08        #30
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
$30,264 | Props total: 8667 8667
 Perfectibilist said:
It all depends on where you live. If you make $30k a year where I live, that's considered decent.

DAMN! @ $2500 per month for an apartment in some places. Down here, you can live on the upscale side of town in a luxury apartment for around $1000 a month.
Shiiiit it all depends. In Houston they have apartments that can go for 5-6k a month. But that's a deelllluxe apartment in the skyyyyyyy
 7 years ago '05        #31
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
 Reppindaburghh said:

apartment in a nice neighborhood in nj 1500-2gz a month
lights 200
cable 175
food 500
car insurance 175
car payment 350
personal insurance 400
student loans 1000
monthly train pass to ny 250
that 5gz a month with necessities man not including goin out with ya boys or taking a vacation .. and that before u get taxes taken out so u got 5gz in bills a month that 60gz a yr 60 percent of your money is out the door before tax..100gz aint s**t in the tristate area.. most people who are making 100gz got student loans like crazy
 7 years ago '05        #32
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,555 | Props total: 1156 1156
 Fcuk Boy Music said:
obviously were from different states....

but managers from...McDonalds aint any dude from the street.

Managers at Mickey D's make 20-25 dollars an hour around here. In NYC.

At the very least and starting is 30-40K

Thats what managers make.

I'm not talking about the high school kid or the 16 year old flipping burgers for 8 or 9 dollars an hour.
why don't you just tell us how much you really make cause we know you don't make no 25 bucks an hour at mcdonalds.
 7 years ago '05        #33
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,555 | Props total: 1156 1156
but i'd say 30,000 is prolly higher then the norm to be honest. i mean folk now a days live off much less and get by. now as for comfortable i think 35000 and you can pretty much live anywhere in the united states and be comfortable. i mean bigger cities might not have your own car but you'd still pay rent, utilities and food.
 7 years ago '04        #34
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 969 969
 o7media said:

epic fail
Man that dude stay losing on BX, why u stay lying? "slime" oops "5" oh we don't do that "dunn" stop it 6
 7 years ago '04        #35
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 969 969
To actually contribute to this thread.

Google: "median income" There also should be a link to somewhere on the IRS webpage, IT varies by state and household members.
 7 years ago '07        #36
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
 Reppindaburghh said:

Yeah I'm like WTF??

If someone is making 100K a year then they should be living great. These n*ggas talk like 6 figure jobs come that easy. I only know about cost of living in The South. Lived in California for a minute but it was out in Oxnard County which aint too far from LA.

But down here......I know families that only pull in maybe 40-45K together husband and wife and they doing good.

My uncle lives in Marietta, GA making 65-70K has a huge house, 2 cars, 2 motorcycles and his just doing the damn thing. 100K aint nothing??? n*gga please.
 7 years ago '06        #37
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
The cost of living in new york and DC is higher than 75% of the country. You could take that same $70k a year job and put it somewhere else and they would probably make about $35-40k a year.

The national average wage index for 2009 is $40,934.93.
 7 years ago '04        #38
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 billieskeet said:
If you're a single, no kids living in a city with reasonable prices makin 24K a year, you could live very comfortably without a bunch of unnecessary bills.

satellite cable bill $80
cellphone $60
lights $30
energy $50
gas monthly $100-150
food $300

If you make 2Gs a month you can do very well. And start some nice savings.
30 dollars for lights? My s**t is $150 every month. I do agree with you though. I live in Pittsburgh and you can get a decent house in a fairly nice neighborhood if you make between 30-40 if you meet the conditions above.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 10-27-2010 at 04:44 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #39
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,391 | Props total: 11749 11749
 o7media said:
Seriously? lol ...c'mon man.

First off electric bill will never be $30 unless you're living in the dark with no AC.

Also, what about rent? How about home insurance? Car insurance? Car note (unless it's paid off but on that kind of salary I doubt it is).

With $2,000 a month you'd be in debt very fast. If you struggle you could possibly get by check to check. But no way in hell would you be living a comfortable lifestyle with that kind of money
exactly lol no car payment or insurance?

didnt even include rent n*gga will be broke lol
 10-27-2010, 03:20 PM         #40
Shinto217 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
really depends where you live and what your expenses are like. where i live a fiscally responsible person making 30-40k can live a comfortable lifestyle, where as that wouldn't fly in somewhere like nyc.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
139 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
142 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago