2010 World Series: San Francisco Giants (NL) vs. Texas Rangers (AL)

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who wins the 2010 World Series?
Giants in 4 2 3.23%
Giants in 5 8 12.90%
Giants in 6 16 25.81%
Giants in 7 12 19.35%
Rangers in 4 1 1.61%
Rangers in 5 5 8.06%
Rangers in 6 15 24.19%
Rangers in 7 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #61
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,655 | Props total: 2767 2767
I got Texas in 6, would make for a great story.
 7 years ago '07        #62
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
 Dy-nasty said:
Giants in 6. Texas beat up on us cause our pitching was horrible. The Giants have great pitching.

If the Giants lose. It will probably be because of their defense.

Damn you sound salty as f**k.

Isn't CC supposed to be a CY winner?
Isn't Phil Hughes the best number 2 starter in baseball?

Now its not because the Rangers have a solid 1-9 lineup, it's because the pitchers the Yankees have called the best all season apparently are horrible.

rrrriiiggghhttt
 7 years ago '06        #63
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86 OP
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
Keys for SF, via MLB.com

Fear the beard, uh, bullpen: It's not just Brian Wilson's nail-biting saves -- the Giants can march a half-dozen nasty, hard-throwing arms in from the bullpen to the mound, even if they must begin doing it in the third inning. The Rangers won some blowout games over the Yankees, but this Giants' bullpen wins the close games.

Bruce Bochy's experience: While Ron Washington's energy and leadership are the right fit for the Rangers, Bruce Bochy is the manager with World Series experience. He did a masterful job managing Game 6 of the NLCS to get seven scoreless innings from a bullpen that included two starting pitchers, and his uncanny juggling of the left side of his infield seemed to always have the right people in place at the right time. Bochy is a big reason the Giants find a way to win close games.

Jonathan Sanchez's rebound: Bochy knows what he'll get from Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain, while Madison Bumgarner was cool beyond his 21 years, but what was up with Jonathan Sanchez? His meltdown on the road under pressure could have proved devastating to the Giants coming off their Game 5 loss, and one has to wonder how he'll handle pitching on the road in the World Series. Barry Zito is 11-1 lifetime pitching at the Ballpark in Arlington against a very different Texas team, but it's a thought.

Cody Ross repeat: The MVP of the NLCS has always been a streaky hitter and he's on one of those inexplicable runs in the spotlight. Now, can he keep it up? In 10 postseason games he already has more home runs than he hit in five of the six months of the regular season, and his .412 on-base percentage is 90 points higher than his season mark. If he stays in this zone, the Giants just might score enough runs to pull this thing off. If not, someone else needs to turn into the next Ross.

Exploit home-field advantage:
With the National League finally winning the All-Star Game, the Giants enjoy home-field advantage, meaning Vladimir Guerrero's dangerous bat takes a seat for at least the first two games -- or his dangerous defense will be put to the test. The advantage swings decidedly the other way when the Series moves to Texas, as the Giants don't have anything close to a true designated hitter on their roster. Dating to 2000, the Giants are 11-1 against the Rangers in Interleague Play.
Keys for TEX, via MLB.com

More than Cliff Lee: As Colby Lewis and C.J. Wilson showed the Yankees, there's more to the Rangers' starting rotation than Lee. The anticipated dominance by Lee is mandatory for Texas to succeed, but the Rangers are facing a deeper Giants starting rotation than the Yankees had and will need Lewis and Wilson to duplicate their strong playoff pitching as the innings add up. It's what Rangers president Nolan Ryan has been preaching since he took over.

That bullpen: The Rangers wouldn't have gotten this far if their bullpen wasn't effective. Whether it can handle the pressure of close game after close game, we can't tell from the ALCS, where too many games were blowouts. The Rangers bullpen can match up to the Giants in power arms. Neftali Feliz has been a remarkable rookie, but we're about to find out how remarkable he really is.

To Vladdy, or not to Vladdy: Vladimir Guerrero started in the outfield for six of nine Interleague games this year, but has played only five games in the field since. There are a possible four games at AT&T Park without the designated hitter, and manager Ron Washington will have to weigh the pros and cons. Almost all of Guerrero's outfield time has come in right field, a tricky place to play at AT&T Park. If Guerrero mans the field, Josh Hamilton will be busy.

Bengie Molina: If there's anybody on the Rangers roster who should know how to deal with the Giants' pitchers, it's the guy who was catching them. Molina becomes the first catcher ever to play in the World Series against a team he played for during the same season. More important than a trivia answer, he should provide the most instructive scouting report for Texas hitters.

Claws/Antlers: It started as a clubhouse symbol and took on a life of its own with the fans, but the hand signals are more than a corny gimmick or a fad. It says a lot about team chemistry and the bond that starts with Washington and has allowed the Rangers to long-shot their way to the World Series. Every team in the postseason is talented. Sometimes, it's the intangibles that make champions.
(and Rangers..)
 7 years ago '05        #64
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
I still cant believe the NL won the All Star Game
 7 years ago '07        #65
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
 PLAYERIZM said:
I still cant believe the NL won the All Star Game

The AL had won like what? 10 or so?(excluding the tie)

and the ONE time the Rangers make the WS, the NL gets home-field.

Vlad in right field at AT&T scares the bajeebies out of me.
 7 years ago '05        #66
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
^ yea i don't think that's gonna happen
 7 years ago '07        #67
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
 PLAYERIZM said:
^ yea i don't think that's gonna happen

huh??
 7 years ago '05        #68
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
Vlad playing the OF in San Francisco, especially RF

not gonna happen & if it does
 7 years ago '07        #69
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
 illogik said:
Vlad played pretty good outfield a month ago

AT&T park has a HUGE right field though.
 7 years ago '07        #70
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
Biggity Bump...
 7 years ago '06        #71
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86 OP
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
 7 years ago '05        #72
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
let's get it

Go Giants!
 10-27-2010, 06:08 PM         #73
WestSide22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3-1 giants
 7 years ago '09        #74
IceyBrotha 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,926 | Props total: 0 0
Okay, I'm here; Let's Go Giants...I'm just kinda like because Cliff Lee > Lincecum and I'm a Giants fan but hopefully we can get some luck and hit off him. I'm gunna say that this game will be determined on how good Lincecum can pitch. I know Lee will be good but Lincecum will decide if it's a blow-out or not.....GO GIANTS!

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by IceyBrotha; 10-27-2010 at 06:55 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #75
IceyBrotha 4 heat pts
space
space
see what I mean???? fuuuck
 7 years ago '12        #76
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,986 | Props total: 1251 1251
 7 years ago '05        #77
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
we'll get it back
 7 years ago '09        #78
IceyBrotha 4 heat pts
space
space
it's all good, we got out of that one somehow...But still Tim is shakeyyyy
 7 years ago '06        #79
Pyro911 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,248 | Props total: 86 86
uhh ok Timmy lol only 1-0 tho so not so bad
 10-27-2010, 07:13 PM         #80
WestSide22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can't feel too bad, pitched a bad inning but only gave up one run.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
14 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
53 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy