Kanye West ~ Runaway [Discussion Thread]

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
27 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #301
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3484 3484
One word.

Genius.
 7 years ago '09        #302
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,223 | Props total: 19333 19333
was it good?
 10-23-2010, 11:45 PM         #303
ColdbloodedQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Swisher sweet said:
I just watched that s**t right now.

That dinner scene had em f**king dying

And that Phoenix is a bad b**ch. SALUTE.

Now I'm gonna go thru this thread and read some classic BX commentary
That's Selita Ebanks (Nick Cannon's old girl)

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by ColdbloodedQ; 10-23-2010 at 11:50 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #304
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,924 | Props total: 11287 11287
 RaMArQabLe said:
i'll give it ago... i've only watched it once, and im just trying to make sense of it all... im not saying this "IS" what its supposed to be, just what i think it is.

The start: Him driving in a fast car symbolises his life in the fast lane, doing what he wants, but what he doesn't realise is that he's on a collision coarse, which is shown with the comet (Phoenix) and his car. The random animals, dears and s**t symbolise "us" the public on lookers just witnessing his life/career.

lyrics: "Can we get much higher?".... he's at the peak of his career, but then s**t comes crashing down.

He discovers a pheonix that hasn't rose from flames but crashed in flames, much like his life it isn't how he percieved things would go... essentially the opposite of the cliche'.

The Phoenix awakes to the news and then explores the back yard... if you are able to see the Phoenix as an extension of kanyes emotions he is "re-awaking" after the "fall from grace" and starts by "exploring his own backyard". The forrest animals symbolise his perception of his own unique mind, he begins rediscovering himself.

The MPC scene, although extremely hot the Phoenix is simply kanye's soul gainning life and inspiration as he hits each button on the MPC. He begins to feel what he needs to do... "create" pretty much what kanye has said in interviews.

Little Kid with red flare: Kanye showing the pheonix all of the lights and a statue of MJ.... i dont really know, paying homage to the man that started the whole "music video" thing and realising that there is alot of greatness and special s**t in the world that gain your attention and deserve appreciation, but prolly don't get what they deserve? then the random KKK dude with the flare... possibly means that despite all the wonder of the world theres still hate and evil in this world leading ppl in the wrong direction.

Pheonix learning to use a cup with the claws... simply kanyes just learning to do s**t again but with different tools.

The dinner scene is most probably kanye expressing how he feels when he enters a room. Although he appears normal he is judged for his accessories and everything connected to him.

The ballerina scene confuses me in trying analyses what he was trying to achieve, perhaps trying to show that although he makes the music we all listen to, beauty is still defined as a white ballerina? Although kanye puts his soul into what he does, the attention is always focused on the pretty ballerinas? i dont know.

After the phoenix spaz's out at dinner shes in the backyard again, and the animals (public) are no longer paying attention, they are eating going about their business, not caring about the phoenix... she's been shun.

His discussions with the phoenix are to show that he has questions his thoughts, ideas and perceptions internally, and has wrestled with his desires knowing the truth "that the he has to burn (suffer) to be set free otherwise he will turn to stone (become irrelevant)".

the s3x scene is about kanye comming to peace with his soul? becoming one and becoming complete, at the same time letting go of his problems that intially brought his world crashing down,.

kanye awakes in a peaceful garden knowing that he has to chase the dream he was originally on, he was always lost, but now he knows what he's chasing, but still doesn't know where he is.

The end: at the start we see kanye driving aimlessly, but by the end of the film he has shed all the material things "car" and is running with purpose with a cause to what he feels is his destiny, representing his new outlook on life.... pink diamond teeth and all.
Here's the thing. That's awesome! But it's bulls**t. It's awesome because it reminds me of the overanalysis of old dead white men's art (paintings and literature). A good 75% of it is overinflated nonsense partially prompted by the vague imagery the artist purposefully places in front of the viewer for vastly different interpretations.

But it's bulls**t because all that is crap. Predictable crap at that.

But it is par for the course. Eddie Vedder (pearl jam) loved putting things in front of people that were vague. He'd get pressed to explain the meaning of a song and he would squirm out of it a lot of the time on the grounds of not wanting to shut down someone's individual interpretation of it.

So that makes your personal interpretation awesome - because that's your reality. But it's bulls**t because its a manufactured process from start to finish. Imogen Heap does it too - she puts a lot of vague chunks of meaning into her songs. I love her s**t, but it is formulated to mean anything to anybody.

So I fully applaud you and boo you for your awesome bulls**t story
 10-23-2010, 11:53 PM         #305
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anybody gonna post the interview?

Also, hope he doesn't change these songs on the album like he did for the film...

I'm talking about Runaway not having the original samples and that little "runaway from me baby" singing thing he does...It's a lot better on the live version, but then again the whole song was when it was sped up.

But most importantly, Lost in the World...He added a woman half way through the song which was an unbelievable mistake. It ruined the best part of the song and therefor ruined his greatest song from the film IMO.

Lost in the woooooorrrrlddddddd
 10-24-2010, 12:05 AM         #306
Finestmp3z_com 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rita G > Selita Banks

Flashing Lights > Runaway
 7 years ago '08        #307
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,024 | Props total: 5085 5085
I liked it I mean Kanye can't act for s**t but He gave us this
[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #308
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3484 3484
 01seay said:
One word.

Genius.
This post is a f.ucking understatement....Kanye's on his Steven Hawking type ish.....

All of the Lights >>>>>>

Last edited by 01seay; 10-24-2010 at 01:04 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #309
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
That was beautiful
 7 years ago '04        #310
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,560 | Props total: 2413 2413
Dopeness

So I guess that tracklist was official cuz a snippet of every song played during the movie
 7 years ago '10        #311
Troublesome91 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,404 | Props total: 2564 2564
s**t WAS EPIC.

[pic - click to view]

10-24-2010, 01:08 AM         #312
Anding3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr AirRic said:
that song that started playing near the end when she was in the back yard pissed off about the bird sounded incredible
i think it's called blame game.
 10-24-2010, 01:23 AM         #313
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RaMArQabLe said:
he starts by "exploring his own backyard".

no homo :jay:
 7 years ago '05        #314
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 WiLL i Am said:
yeah he def is one. but my dude

did u just quote urself

exact same s**t I was thinking. wait, is Kanye West on Boxden?

7 years ago '09        #315
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,223 | Props total: 19333 19333
the music is worth watching it

edit: basically it is a huge music video

Last edited by thegoldenhero; 10-24-2010 at 01:40 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #316
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,833 | Props total: 4102 4102
Runaway is literally one of the worst things I've ever seen... Y'all need to pull his p*nis out of your collective mouths, and see this sh*t for the pretentious pile of garbage that it is... Just WOW.

No doubt, the music is dope, but that ain't saying sh*t. The fact is that he tries to be artsy and heady, but just ends up not saying anything and not creating anything worthwhile in the process... it even fails as a f*cking movie. There is no story, there is no plot, and the acting is some of the worst I've seen in a music video. The film, asthetically, is gorgeous, but is still conceptually bankrupt and has absolutely nothing to say about his music, his life, or his mind. POINTLESS, is what they'd call it.

Seriously, though... As much as I love Kanye's music, and look forward to his new album, this is just garbage.
 10-24-2010, 01:42 AM         #317
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Runaway is literally one of the worst things I've ever seen... Y'all need to pull his p*nis out of your collective mouths, and see this sh*t for the pretentious pile of garbage that it is... Just WOW.

No doubt, the music is dope, but that ain't saying sh*t. The fact is that he tries to be artsy and heady, but just ends up not saying anything and not creating anything worthwhile in the process... it even fails as a f*cking movie. There is no story, there is no plot, and the acting is some of the worst I've seen in a music video. The film, asthetically, is gorgeous, but is still conceptually bankrupt and has absolutely nothing to say about his music, his life, or his mind. POINTLESS, is what they'd call it.

Seriously, though... As much as I love Kanye's music, and look forward to his new album, this is just garbage.
I don't see anyone saying it was a great film though, at least from the people who were watching it live.

It was a terribly written film, but the visuals and the music were what I was checking for. That's the brilliant part of it. The dialog and plot? I never expected that to be there in the first place. Know your director dude, remember, this is the same guy who directed "Best I Ever Had", what could you possibly expect?
 7 years ago '05        #318
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,833 | Props total: 4102 4102
 Bronx Goes Hard said:
I don't see anyone saying it was a great film though, at least from the people who were watching it live.

It was a terribly written film, but the visuals and the music were what I was checking for. That's the brilliant part of it. The dialog and plot? I never expected that to be there in the first place. Know your director dude, remember, this is the same guy who directed "Best I Ever Had", what could you possibly expect?
I expected more than this, only because of how much he hyped it up, and how much he made it sound like there was something more going on. Visuals and music are good, I acknowledged that... But, this is a film, not a music video, so I expect more than just visuals and music. I expect story, I expect plot. I didn't even expect much of a great story or a great plot, but I expected it to AT THE VERY LEAST have one, which it didn't. So, I believe I'm not asking for too much, I'm asking for basics, especially from a guy who is capable of so much more than this piece of sh*t. My statement stands... f*ck this movie.
 10-24-2010, 01:54 AM         #319
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
I expected more than this, only because of how much he hyped it up, and how much he made it sound like there was something more going on. Visuals and music are good, I acknowledged that... But, this is a film, not a music video, so I expect more than just visuals and music. I expect story, I expect plot. I didn't even expect much of a great story or a great plot, but I expected it to AT THE VERY LEAST have one, which it didn't. So, I believe I'm not asking for too much, I'm asking for basics, especially from a guy who is capable of so much more than this piece of sh*t. My statement stands... f*ck this movie.
I don't think he is capable of that. He's been a visual artist since he was supposed to go to the Art Insitute. I understand what you mean by what you expected and I respect that. I just know my expectation for actual plot was lowered dramatically when you think about his artistic influences.
 7 years ago '04        #320
Exs 151 heat pts151
space
space
$5,777 | Props total: 1312 1312
what a waste of alot of money....

maybe that was the point...

kanye is struggling with himself

he needs to snap outta this mid life crisis
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
228 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
23 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Dead by Daylight - Freddy Krueger Gameplay
13 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy