Jay-Z Names The Biggest Change He Wants In Rap

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
100 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
269 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #61
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,737 | Props total: 12561 12561
 dg177bx said:
this n*gga is trying to act like budden doesnt exist to him you know its itching him inside and everybody knows it, he knows MM4 is coming, and HE CANT ACT LIKE HE AINT HEARING ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A COMPLETE LIE IF HE SAYS HE ISNT.MM4 DROPS THEN ITS OVER FOR JAY.HE'S GONNA HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PASS THE TORCH

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #62
JudasHatesJesus 146 heat pts146
space
space
$6,989 | Props total: 3781 3781
 PROPH07 said:
he should listen to joe budden than MM4 GONE HAVE A RE RELEASE FT. JAYZ
n*gga jay said joe budden....

he does need to get his s**t together tho. jay been wack since 01

joey is the truth of hip hop today and people need to hand him the crown...

jay hang it up all u do is just bash n*ggas anyways like ur still IT...sit your camel a.ss down.
 10-22-2010, 03:34 PM         #63
Rowe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why is everyone saying he should take his own advice?? He's one of the ONLY mainstream rappers who actually rap about real situations he's in/been in things he's done & things of that nature... You get the feeling you know him, just from his songs.

Where as we have Lil wayne (which is a dope rapper dont get me wrong, just using him as an example) rapping about whatever the f**k, so long as it rhymes... its ridiculous. These dudes don't know how to make a real song anymore they're only saying catchy s**t... most of the music thats coming out right now won't even be remembered a year or two down the line & thats sad.
 10-22-2010, 03:36 PM         #64
Rowe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dg177bx said:
this n*gga is trying to act like budden doesnt exist to him you know its itching him inside and everybody knows it, he knows MM4 is coming, and HE CANT ACT LIKE HE AINT HEARING ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A COMPLETE LIE IF HE SAYS HE ISNT.MM4 DROPS THEN ITS OVER FOR JAY.HE'S GONNA HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PASS THE TORCH
uhh .....

Joe budden is dope as f**k no doubt... but there's no way he's going to have any torches passed to him. His time to become a mega star has passed already
 7 years ago '10        #65
UrbanLife 
space
space
space
$539 | Props total: 36 36
 Ra-da-god said:
umm.........how doesn't jay rap from the heart?

He's Rich so he raps about being rich just because you n*ggas can't relate to it doesn't mean its not real. honestly what does jay sound like rapping from the perspective of somebody that ain't got s**t? he's not a conscious rapper nor was he suggesting everyone should be conscious rappers he was just saying people should be themselves he said it best on reasonable doubt.......

"9 to 5 is how you survive I ain't tryna survive I'm tryna live it to the limit and love it alot"

the difference between jay-z and most of the cats on the radio is jay actually has all the s**t he's rapping about.

"hov why you keep talking money s**t....because I like money b**ch"

"bently coups not bragging just simply the truth"

did yall n*ggas listen to his verses on free mason, So appalled, Light it up,power, and monster? all the n*gga does is spit from the heart you can't get mad at the n*gga cause he's actually the dude he raps about.

A true artist should be able to talk or write about all aspects of life, not just what their level of life/emotion is at the moment. You are excusing Jay being rich as his inability to relate to the poor, as if he was NEVER poor or a drug dealer who contributed to the destruction of the poor communities. Jay quote states “We have to find our way back to true emotion.” Not just rappers who are poor and can only relate to the poor, or those losing their jobs, or mortgage scandals. There are billionaires born with money who can relate and even write stories about the lives of the misfortunate. So you mean to tell me Jay-z can’t write lyrics about the poor, those who have lost their jobs based on the fact that he is no longer at that level of emotion in his life. There are artists such as Bono, Elton John, Prince, and Michael Jackson that would laugh at this sorry a.ss excuse that you are giving Jay-z for continuously bragging about being rich. Jay-z needs to get his heart in the game because truth be told Jay-z is not the only artist that is rich but he is probably the artist who mostly talks about money in his music because as the saying goes “He never had s**t to begin with” so for the past decade he had to let everyone know on every album that he is rich. We get it; now let’s deal with what is going on in the real world. As Jay-z stated “Love is the only thing that stands the test of time.” NOT MONEY!
 10-22-2010, 03:54 PM         #66
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ol rodger goodell of hip-hop a.ss n*gga.
 10-22-2010, 04:00 PM         #67
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

10-22-2010, 04:02 PM         #68
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol one of the first threads I ever seen where ppl called jay out for some bulls**t, this is epic on all levels, not the GAWDDDDDDDD, shocking.
 7 years ago '05        #69
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,960 | Props total: 10887 10887
 UrbanLife said:
A true artist should be able to talk or write about all aspects of life, not just what their level of life/emotion is at the moment. You are excusing Jay being rich as his inability to relate to the poor, as if he was NEVER poor or a drug dealer who contributed to the destruction of the poor communities. Jay quote states “We have to find our way back to true emotion.” Not just rappers who are poor and can only relate to the poor, or those losing their jobs, or mortgage scandals. There are billionaires born with money who can relate and even write stories about the lives of the misfortunate. So you mean to tell me Jay-z can’t write lyrics about the poor, those who have lost their jobs based on the fact that he is no longer at that level of emotion in his life. There are artists such as Bono, Elton John, Prince, and Michael Jackson that would laugh at this sorry a.ss excuse that you are giving Jay-z for continuously bragging about being rich. Jay-z needs to get his heart in the game because truth be told Jay-z is not the only artist that is rich but he is probably the artist who mostly talks about money in his music because as the saying goes “He never had s**t to begin with” so for the past decade he had to let everyone know on every album that he is rich. We get it; now let’s deal with what is going on in the real world. As Jay-z stated “Love is the only thing that stands the test of time.” NOT MONEY!
I 100% approve this quote right here and props homie. No matter if you're rich or poor you can always have the creativity to rap about different things. Jay-Z literally needs to take his own advice and look at other artist.

As a matter of fact, Common is a millionaire and he still raps from the heart.
 7 years ago '04        #70
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4119 4119
Pass the torch to Joe then. He raps straight from the heart, for better or worse. Jay is a hypocrite. He's always scared to respond to wrappers. He rather make money than rap about what he feels.
 7 years ago '04        #71
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,218 | Props total: 223 223
So now all the wack rappers that suk Jay are gonna make even more wack emo traks..
 7 years ago '04        #72
rileybb 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,520 | Props total: 1557 1557
f**k jay z that f**k boy...he said"dumbed down my lyrics and doubled my dollas" or something like that....He Needs That Mood Music, but wait he blackballed Budden.

f**k Jigga Yeah I Said It

P.S He is still on my top 5 list tho (reasonable doubt classic) just in case the haters come at me
 7 years ago '08        #73
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
GOAT with another W.
 7 years ago '07        #74
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 thegoldenhero said:
sounds like jay should take his own advice
this one more garbage album and hes out of my top 15
 7 years ago '05        #75
blockburna 
space
space
$1,633 | Props total: 3 3
Clearly some of u nigas still don't realize y Hov is the niga...He can talk about all that ballin a.ss shyt kuz he's one of the few that really lives that shyt...on the low hov's been one of the realest with putin his life in his music...u can't hate on him just kuz his life is the shyt...
 7 years ago '06        #76
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
like badu said... n*ggas aint puttin their heart and soul int he music anymore. You can tell when a n*gga is really puttin their emotions in. And that's missin in alot of n*ggas' music today. Jay already settin up his posts for his next album. Sounds like he might get on more conscious subjects more than ever. And if you listen to jay.. you can tell he brushes on real s**t, too, behind all the flashy talk. He about to get on his common s**t? lol

"Truthyfully I wanted to rhyme like common sense (but I did 5 mill)
I havent been rhymin like common since"

Last edited by Da Realness; 10-22-2010 at 05:39 PM..
 10-22-2010, 05:45 PM         #77
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Maximum said:
goat speaks and haters hate...
not everyone are sheep like you......
 7 years ago '05        #78
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
most rappers nowadays don't understand anything about the mortgage scandals
 7 years ago '10        #79
onlybuilt1906 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,530 | Props total: 1123 1123
GOAT by far. No one is even remotely close.
 10-22-2010, 06:01 PM         #80
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Too bad that quote is in the WALL STREET JOURNAL.
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy