LeBron tells angry Cavaliers fans to 'get over it'

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
5923 pageviews
115 comments

beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
LeBron tells angry Cavaliers fans to 'get over it'

[pic - click to view]

ATLANTA -- If LeBron James wasn't LeBron James and instead was a Cavaliers fan living in Akron he might not like himself all that much right now.

James said Thursday he can relate to why many fans, especially from his home state, continue to be angry at him. But he also said people upset with his decision to sign with the Heat need to move on.

"If I was a fan and I was on the outside looking in, I could be upset a little bit if one of my favorite players left," James said. "Or if I felt like he betrayed us or whatever the case may be. But you have to get over it."

James is an avid sports fan who regularly attends football games from his old high school to the NFL. As a supporter of the Yankees, Cowboys and Ohio State, he's actually having a tough week with all three having troubles lately.

That is why he says he can understand to the backlash he's received. But he is not about to apologize for it.

"Sports are very emotional and fans are very emotional," James said. "At times they really believe you may be related to them you and you sleep in their house. When you do something wrong and you leave their house they can become very emotional. I've understood that over the years. But at the same time, you have to understand you have to do what is best yourself."

Brian Windhorst is an ESPN.com NBA writer.

[pic - click to view]

LeBron James tells angry Cavaliers fans to 'get over it' - ESPN

Entire article and title taken word for word from ESPN.

As a sidenote ESPN changed the title to: LeBron sympathetic to fans (This was after Lebron made a comment on his twitter page saying that he "would never tell Cleveland fans to get over it, 7 years of joy!"

Last edited by beantown; 10-22-2010 at 09:54 AM..

115 comments for "LeBron tells angry Cavaliers fans to 'get over it'"

7 years ago '06        #2
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
So he can understand the anger, yet he tells them to get over it. Gotta hand it to the guy, grade A douchebag.
 7 years ago '08        #3
100dollarman 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,508 | Props total: 360 360
 Gattsau said:
what else should he say?

people crying over a player leaving when it was clear he was leaving all along. .

Easily one of the most pathetic fanbases in the world.
Your right... Am so happy that Chris bosh is gone
 7 years ago '04        #4
LovinPavan 
space
space
$5,637 | Props total: 1143 1143
this guy is one of the dumbest and most dislikable imbeciles in the history of sports. only ty cobb has him beat.
 7 years ago '06        #5
space
space
 Gattsau said:
what else should he say?

people crying over a player leaving when it was clear he was leaving all along. .

Easily one of the most pathetic fanbases in the world.
That's hilarious because Knicks fans were butthurt like they expected him to go there or something. So who's really pathetic?
 10-22-2010, 12:12 AM         #6
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown said:
So he can understand the anger, yet he tells them to get over it. Gotta hand it to the guy, grade A douchebag.
really bruh? lmao
 7 years ago '04        #7
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
$9,152 | Props total: 1 1
 beantown said:
You serious? He didn't say "GET OVER IT". He said that he can relate and would also be upset if his favorite player left but you have to get over it. Which is the truth. Cuz in the end, he's a f**king basketball player. Some people treating this on the same level like if Martin Luther King had said one day "I can't win with this black team anymore. Gotta go over to the whites". Like damn
 7 years ago '06        #8
space
space
 Youngin19 said:
really bruh? lmao
Here's your response you're hoping to get. Can see you are trolling for attention the way you hanging around in the thread
 7 years ago '04        #9
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 beantown said:
ahaha haters are hilarious... incessant hate for this athlete who you have no connection to

i think your a "grade A douchebag"
 7 years ago '06        #10
space
space
 Prodigy said:
You serious? He didn't say "GET OVER IT". He said that he can relate and would also be upset if his favorite player left but you have to get over it. Which is the truth. Cuz in the end, he's a f**king basketball player. People treating this like if Martin Luther King said one day "I can't win with this black team anymore. Gotta go over to the whites".
He used the word "betrayal" to describe how he would feel from the outside looking in, then said "you have to get over it"

You're getting into semantics and the rest of your post is to stupid to articulate a response to.
 7 years ago '09        #11
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
lebron via twitter:

@KingJames
LeBron James

Let's clear this up! I never said to the Cavs fans to "get over it". I've never and will never say
anything bad about them. 7 years of joy!
1 hour ago via Echofon
 7 years ago '06        #12
space
space
 SHOWTIME said:
ahaha haters are hilarious... incessant hate for this athlete who you have no connection to

i think your a "grade A douchebag"
incessant hate? You love the word hate. Like whoever doesn't agree with a guy is just "hating"

I absolutely have no connection to him whatsoever, but seeing how I live in a free country I'm allowed to make up my mind that he's a grade A douchebag :)
 7 years ago '04        #13
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
 beantown said:
He used the word "betrayal" to describe how he would feel from the outside looking in, then said "you have to get over it"

You're getting into semantics and the rest of your post is to stupid to articulate a response to.
He said "IF I felt betrayed or whatever the case may be". And he said "You have to get over it". Meaning if he experienced what the Cleveland fans did, he would get over with. Cuz only lowlives and racist kids from Boston would stay bitter about a f**king athlete leaving their city
 7 years ago '06        #14
space
space
 TERRANCE CRACK said:
lebron via twitter:

@KingJames
LeBron James

Let's clear this up! I never said to the Cavs fans to "get over it". I've never and will never say
anything bad about them. 7 years of joy!
1 hour ago via Echofon
Looks like that's what he said to me. Unless ESPN is totally misquoting him.

There's no difference between saying: "you have to get over it" and "get over it"

they mean the same thing
 7 years ago '09        #15
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,102 | Props total: 22560 22560
Basically n*ggas needa get over it anyway. s**t happened a grip ago. n*ggas a grown a.ss man and can play wherever he wants.
 7 years ago '06        #16
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,375 | Props total: 5656 5656
just when you thought this topic died out.
 7 years ago '04        #17
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
Be real Beantown... you're government name is Ryan Outrich

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #18
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
 beantown said:
Looks like that's what he said to me. Unless ESPN is totally misquoting him.

There's no difference between saying: "you have to get over it" and "get over it"

they mean the same thing
The TONE between "you have to get over it" and "GET OVER IT!" is DRASTICALLY different.
 7 years ago '04        #19
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,058 | Props total: 19915 19915
he didn't say it in that d!ckhead like context you made it seem.
 7 years ago '09        #20
Tiko377 1861 heat pts1861
space
space
$15,209 | Props total: 8943 8943
 2 Pistolz said:
The TONE between "you have to get over it" and "GET OVER IT!" is DRASTICALLY different.
yeah i agree
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Late to the Party: Persona 5
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago