Why does ebay charge so much to sell stuff?

most viewed right now
 201
audio inside French Montana finnally tells why Chinx was Killed
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 107
BOX *Breaking* Sherdog Reports Floyd Mayweather Vs Conor McGregor In Final ..
118 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 103
Drake and Boi1da(Behind A LOT of His Hits) Might Have Falled Out
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 97
NBA Players who people forgot played on a certain team.
190 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
13691 pageviews
32 comments


RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,166 | Props total: 14 14
Why does ebay charge so much to sell stuff?
 

 
I been with ebay since 01 and been selling on and off for a few years, and it seems like they are robbing you when you sell stuff, i sold two items and they invoiced me for 70 bucks, anybody know any other alternative sites?

top in section
 65
36 comments
top in sports
top in section
 69
25 comments
top in misc
most viewed right now
 75
49 comments
top in thotties

 

 
 
 
 6 years ago '04        #2
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$18,855 | Props total: 92 92
Fee's should have been about 9% of the final price if you are doing non-fixed price auctions.
 
 10-21-2010, 10:21 PM         #3
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good topic, ebay been robbing folks. they charged me $16 for a final value fee on an auction that later got cancelled. they still took the money from my paypal.

there are alternative sites, but ebay remains the biggest and therefore more possible customers. thats why i continue to deal with thier bulls**t

depends on what you selling, but you can go to sites that specialize in what your selling. when i was hardcore into comics in 2008-early2010, they had special sites for comic book auctions that included high priced items and alot of people prefered it to the cash r*pe that is eBay
 
 6 years ago '04        #4
123456 
space
avatar space
space
$6,114 | Props total: 15 15
They've been f**ked up ever since they got a new president. I used to run my business on there and as soon as that new f**k came in, my profit went down a lot because of new fees and new "features".
 
 6 years ago '09        #5
NLSP42 111 heat pts111
space
avatar space
space
$4,994 | Props total: 624 624
Yeah man it sucks......Ive been selling since 2005 and remember when their fees were lower........I hate their BS but continue to deal with it......ALOT of people have moved to craiglist for this very reason. I myself have not sold anything on CL before....so I am not really sure how it goes....I predict within the next 3-5 years....someone gets a site similiar to Ebay with much lower fees and in the long run surpasses them.
 
 10-21-2010, 11:20 PM         #6
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NLSP42 said:
Yeah man it sucks......Ive been selling since 2005 and remember when their fees were lower........I hate their BS but continue to deal with it......ALOT of people have moved to craiglist for this very reason. I myself have not sold anything on CL before....so I am not really sure how it goes....I predict within the next 3-5 years....someone gets a site similiar to Ebay with much lower fees and in the long run surpasses them.
CL is a gift and a curse. Ive tried to sell jerseys on there with no takers on CL, but all they sold quick on eBay and some for a sizeable profit.

On the flip side I bought a 500GB portable hard drive from these 2 russian kids off CL about 4-5 months for $60-$70. Brand new. that price beats anything on eBay even to this day. They even came to my area so it was a quick trip to get it.

There's no laws on CL thats why. They expect everyone to police themselves, so if youre willing and ready to take risks and know how to market, then yes try CL, at least as an extension of what youre doing now, not a replacement. Try a couple items and see how that goes.


Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 10-21-2010 at 11:23 PM..
 
 6 years ago '04        #7
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$18,855 | Props total: 92 92
I was hoping google would come out with something.
 
 10-22-2010, 05:19 AM         #8
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah i got some subs i want to sell around me area. craigs list has just gotten me a bunch of scammers. any special sites for subs? South Florida area.
 
 6 years ago '05        #9
carden2 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$12,643 | Props total: 118 118
 WorldsStrangest said:
CL is a gift and a curse. Ive tried to sell jerseys on there with no takers on CL, but all they sold quick on eBay and some for a sizeable profit.

On the flip side I bought a 500GB portable hard drive from these 2 russian kids off CL about 4-5 months for $60-$70. Brand new. that price beats anything on eBay even to this day. They even came to my area so it was a quick trip to get it.

There's no laws on CL thats why. They expect everyone to police themselves, so if youre willing and ready to take risks and know how to market, then yes try CL, at least as an extension of what youre doing now, not a replacement. Try a couple items and see how that goes.


you could've got a 1TB for 75

and i didn't even look around. i think those russian kids took you.
 
 10-23-2010, 06:12 PM         #10
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carden2 said:


you could've got a 1TB for 75

and i didn't even look around. i think those russian kids took you.
sorry pal, youre wrong. this was 4-5 months ago and mine is a portable hard drive bud. no ac adapter. lol @ your old hard drive technology


vroooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm
 
 6 years ago '08        #11
o7media 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$23,713 | Props total: 857 857
Not sure about Ebay because I don't sell stuff on there. But Paypal is a b**ch with their fees and Ebay and Paypal are the same company so I'm not surprised.

I lose about 5% per transaction on my received payments. And I have a monthly subscription with a large subscriber base so 5% per person per month...it's f**kin bull s**t lol

So yeah, they're a major rip off.
 
 6 years ago '08        #12
606robin 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$4,225 | Props total: 347 347
I hate ebay and there monopoly known as paypal!!

I would leave but people on craigslist are like garage sale buyers they don't wanna pay s**t of whats the actual reasonable buyback and ebay is very horrible when it comes to auctions unless you have a high traffiked item buy it now is good but the fees would make most people on wallstreet cut they wrists
 
 5 years ago '06        #13
RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,166 | Props total: 14 14
 606robin said:
I hate ebay and there monopoly known as paypal!!

I would leave but people on craigslist are like garage sale buyers they don't wanna pay s**t of whats the actual reasonable buyback and ebay is very horrible when it comes to auctions unless you have a high traffiked item buy it now is good but the fees would make most people on wallstreet cut they wrists
real talk.
 
 5 years ago '05        #14
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,267 | Props total: 2 2
Watch out on craiglist cause people go around looking at your stuff when u post it, find out where u live n come back and jack ur s**t real talk believe me
 
 11-25-2010, 10:15 PM         #15
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RalphLaurenJR said:
I been with ebay since 01 and been selling on and off for a few years, and it seems like they are robbing you when you sell stuff, i sold two items and they invoiced me for 70 bucks, anybody know any other alternative sites?
funny that you mention this, i was just saying the same thing to myself today. 1 item i listed and i have to give them $87 if it sells. i dont think it was always like that, i think the more popular it got and the more people that started using it the more they charged, cause like you i been f**king wit ebay for a couple years now & it was never this expensive.
 
 5 years ago '06        #16
D.O.H. 
space
avatar space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 99 99
well it depends, its percent based so just depends....I sell a lot of games and things at like $30 or so, and fees are only a few dollars, but I've had fees of like 40 etc, which sucked, but I don't think I could have sold it for as much elsewhere anyway
 
 5 years ago '10        #17
J AL7 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,732 | Props total: 55 55
Its a jack move all the way around!. Ebay charges you for presentation and what not and then paypal (1 n the same) turns around and charges you more fees. I've been a purchaser on ebay for a minute now and just sold my first item last month, ebay took their lil bit of change first then i get an email from paypal like ante up pimpin you still in the hole. Had i known all of the extras i would have just hustled the item at work!
 
 5 years ago '04        #18
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,058 | Props total: 9 9
Ebay charges high fees simply because they can... like it or not... ebay is on top they can charge u half of what u make and people still will be forced to shop on ebay, because at the end of the day, they are still making money, that would have not of been made, and people are still saving even if its a few more dollars...

CL is a risky business, I just advise u to never meet at night, and always meet in a big public setting, bring a friend if possible, stay strapped if possible... too many scammers people who have no time on their hands.. the fact that CL has no guidelines are method to protect their users or users from scammers... to me CL is not good...

Future of EBAY... I agree with someone earlier, the only way ebay will either go down in pricewill be if they have a competitor... and most likely the only people who will compeition and have a chance of winning is if someone like google tries to compete... ebay can easily be destroyed with a site who has a escrow feature meaning the seller doesnt recieve money untill the item is approved by buyer... and forces everyone to provide detail pictures for certain items or items over a certain price... and lower fees..
 
 5 years ago '06        #19
RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,166 | Props total: 14 14
 Woodwin said:
Watch out on craiglist cause people go around looking at your stuff when u post it, find out where u live n come back and jack ur s**t real talk believe me
so you saying a person would meet you at your house to see your item for sale and come back and take it? lol
 
 5 years ago '05        #20
4REAL 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,722 | Props total: 9 9
 RalphLaurenJR said:
so you saying a person would meet you at your house to see your item for sale and come back and take it? lol
Lots of people that want to do dirt go on craiglist. People on craiglist have gotten robbed and mobbed by car sellers. It's very risky. I don't even go on there since I've heard those things. CL is like the homebase for criminals and scammers.

As for ebay. The most I do on ebay is buy.
 
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 52
Image(s) inside These hos ain't loyal
93 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside Myah Beauty...
86 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside Tori Hughes Phat Kitty Kat
34 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
Video inside Tropic Thunder would of never been released in 2016. (Robert Downey Jr ..
50 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside May 5 - 1st Day As Presumptive GOP Nominee, Trump Completely Reverses P..
76 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Nia Long Addresses Why Rappers Keep Mentioning Her In Their Lyrics
190 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Top 10 Hip Hop Singles This Week Exactly 10 Years Ago
95 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside May 5 - 25 Moments That Changed America
34 comments
19 hours ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy