Slim Thug Snubs B.I.G. From Top 5 Rappers List, "He [Didn't]Put Out Enough Music To Be The Best Ever

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
46 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
156 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
230 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #101
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,212 | Props total: 19313 19313
hahahaha slim thug i like your last album but f**k you nigggggaaaa!
 10-21-2010, 11:29 PM         #102
ALLSCREWEDUP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats right it the hiphop spot people love arguing over whos opinion is better.
 10-21-2010, 11:34 PM         #103
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sheedawg said:
I may have gone a bit over the top with the comparisons but Pac's star status went out of the stratosphere when he got locked up. 2pacalypse now, and Me Against the World are his most similar albums in terms of that more serious tone. Makaveli's production was decidedly darker, but the subject matter from that to All Eyez On Me are similar, its the production that was the big difference IMO. Pac had a formula of music for everyone on his albums which was a gift and a curse. IMO he had a had a song in one tone that was serious and classic, then some rider gang bangin song that was mediocre and vice versa. Hail Mary and then Just Like Daddy? I'm not tryna hate on Pac at all but he wasnt the perfect musical figure that a lot of casual fans paint him to be, because BIG generally gets hate from fans that only know Juicy and BIG poppa.

my g you need to go back,and listen to 2pacalypse...that album is alarmingly different from me against the world......2pacalypse was pac still in his revolutionary/black power phase...some of his most informative work ever made....pac's first 2 albums was his mothers influence all over it....things like this....

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

me against the world was pac after being in this crooked a.ss,evil game called the industry.....everything about that album was screaming dispair....pac's albums reflected where he was in life....which is why they were essentially all different....in fact one of the major things that people always said in pac's favor was that he had content,and big didn't,and that it was big that made the same s**t over,and over again.....but you can easily tell the difference in each album...

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #104
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,212 | Props total: 19313 19313
 sheedawg said:
Man I still don't see why B.I.G gets that hate he gets. Ya'll are quick to bring in other aspect of Pac's life as to why he was GOAT IE "he was so real etc". Pac wasn't no hitmaker until he got locked up, point blank. Ya'll won't look at the fact that Biggie singlehandedly (along with WU and Nas) brought the East Coast back to the forefront of hip hop, forget that Ready To Die > Any Pac album. PAc never constructed albums, dude made classic songs, thats an undeniable fact, but I'm sorry, a few classic songs to every 15-20 songs about the same s**t just doesnt cut it for me at all. BIG aint even in my top 5, but ya'll focus too much on Pac the human being, rather than Pac the artist. B.I.G as an artist, was/is more skilled that most of the hip hop game, in history. He had the technical ability that you internet nerds masturbate over (Eminem and Pun stans especially), the humour of a comedian, and actually was a street dude and was able to combine them all into his art.

But 2 albums of great-classic material isnt s**t compared to Pac's catalogue of overatted stale material. Every Pac album followed the same blueprint, and ya'll are quick to call out Jay-Z's subject matter when Pac spoke about the same s**t for soooooo long.
Me Against The World is equal to that album if not better...and i am a bigger biggie fan.
 10-21-2010, 11:37 PM         #105
donmeca2020  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
for slim to say that... thats just WOW.. yea big only put 2 albums out because he f**kin died there couldnt be anymore albums. but both those albums if i recall if not went gold definetly went platinum. on the other hand slim who made what 2 cds and they were both f**king horrible
 7 years ago '04        #106
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,317 | Props total: 1248 1248
Who would of guessed this will turn into Biggie vs Pac thread #50582028204059 :cool-smiley-009:
 10-22-2010, 12:29 AM         #107
Icemouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 donmeca2020 said:
for slim to say that... thats just WOW.. yea big only put 2 albums out because he f**kin died there couldnt be anymore albums. but both those albums if i recall if not went gold definetly went platinum. on the other hand slim who made what 2 cds and they were both f**king horrible
I like how you're mad for no reason. What does his albums have to do with anything? If he's biggie you're puffy huh f**got
 7 years ago '07        #108
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,038 | Props total: 1021 1021
I dont think he's the GOAT for that reason also. When people are saying he is the greatest because of two good albums (his consistency) they are basically saying that if he'd live he would have been the only artist ever to not fall off or realease anything subpar. If Nas had died after It Was Written would he be considered the greatest cause he had two classic albums that were very influential plus who could outrap him back then? Since he didn't die, he lived long enough to realease subpar albums like Streets Disciple, Hip Hop is Dead and Nastraduamas. So its kinda of hard to really put him in the ranks because we'll just never know how his music would have progressed or digressed had he lived. Luckily for BIG, he did leave behind a solid body of work, died while he had a good buzz and didn't live long enough to become hated like Jay Z, Kanye or Lil Wayne eventually did. So it wasn't hard for Puff to market BIG as the "Greatest Rapper of All Time" after he died.

BTW i dont think anyone should be considered the GOAT. If there was a GOAT Biggie definitely wouldn't be it, no disrespect.

Last edited by A-L-P; 10-22-2010 at 04:44 AM..
 7 years ago '08        #109
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,648 | Props total: 1219 1219
 meepos said:
i always wondered this. like, the dude dropped 2 albums, and ppl praised him and still do as top 3. yes he was nice, but lets be real guys.
because his 2 albums alone were better then

95 percent of rappers wholee catalog
 7 years ago '08        #110
Kingbonafyde 
space
space
$275 | Props total: 0 0
The influence Big had has lived on through time, as well as his music. He has been gone for almost 15 years yet rappers are still naming his an influences on their rapping style, kids who werent even born when big was alive know who he is and how great of an artist he was and respect him, thats why he is so heavily regarded as the G.O.A.T.
 7 years ago '06        #111
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
Is Terel Davis in your top 5 of running backs of all time. He had two seasons better than 95% of all running backs but he not top 5 because he didn't put in that work over an entire career.
 7 years ago '06        #112
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
Tho I applaud Slim Thug for keepin it real n not just kissin a.ss, I disagree with his reasoning. I don't consider BIG top 5 neither, but it has nothing to do with quanity. Quality is far more important than quanity.
Just curious to hear what albums you think are better quality than biggies two albums
 7 years ago '06        #113
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
 BackBlock_OG said:
Exactly...

Nobody gave two s**ts about Pac's first two albums, or that "Thug Life" s**t. Pac had movie stardom and personal trouble that promoted his image. Sure he had hit singles for the ladies, but nobody gave a f**k about the rest of his album cuts. B.I.G.'s 1st two albums were filled w/ hits, top to bottom.

Sorry, but I didn't need Bo Jackson to play 15 seasons to know that he was the man.
Where I'm from Me Against the world was a classic
 7 years ago '06        #114
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
 nkflier54 said:
First of all juicy is >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any hit Pac had first of all
Next BIG actually transferred from private school when he was 8 and dropped outta high skull as well AND sold crack waaaaay longer than Pac
Theres actually pictures of biggie on the block holdin guns and on the street, can't say the same for tupac
He didnt say anything about being a better hustler or putting in work on the block, I thought he said top 5 rapper. Other wise frank lucas and big meech would be in my top 5
 7 years ago '04        #115
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,958 | Props total: 1094 1094
 Fiya Starter said:
Where I'm from Me Against the world was a classic
Where I'm from, that was Pac's 3rd album. After he got shot up and went to jail.
 10-22-2010, 10:59 AM         #116
YoungGQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's a subjective artform...everybody has the right to feel differently about s**t. what made a big impact on some may not have had the same effect on others. i don't think dude 'snubbed' Big from anything.
 7 years ago '09        #117
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,908 | Props total: 838 838
Ny n*ggaz only think biggie is the greatest!
 7 years ago '10        #118
chenderson12 43 heat pts43
space
space
$2,170 | Props total: 986 986
well im from texas... i aint no slim thug fan... but he may have a point.. but biggies legacy is bigger than his boss hogg outlaws and catalogs.... biggie may not have that many albums... but in hip hop history hes their
 7 years ago '06        #119
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
very real post!
 10-23-2010, 01:22 AM         #120
StatisticZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e180th said:
name them please
 akademiks said:
No you can't.

Lol the 80% of 2pac's cd's would be a start. We could go w/ eminems first 2 commercial cd's and his last one. jay-z's reasonable doubt, black album and blueprint. f**k the b coming was better. outkasts first 3 cds. nas' first 2 cds.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Chrome 63 is more secure than ever -- and uses even more memory
11 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy