Slim Thug Snubs B.I.G. From Top 5 Rappers List, "He [Didn't]Put Out Enough Music To Be The Best Ever

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
83 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
54 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
116 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #81
Young_City414 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,367 | Props total: 16 16
co-sign pretty much. i'd also put scarface over biggie. whatever. everyone's got a diff opinion
 10-21-2010, 08:36 PM         #82
scIENTIFIC503  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TEK2yuhDOME said:
While the West had everybody. Biggie brought the city to fame with just 2 ALBUMS. Most rappers spend their whole career trying to bring their city some rep.

Everyone has a right to an opinion...but Slim Thug? . Thats like a special ed student picking the smartest kid in the class.

west did NOT have everybody....we had the big names at the time, new york was always on.
 7 years ago '04        #83
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,323 | Props total: 1299 1299
If The Game died after 'The Documentary' & 'Devils Advocate' you n*ggas would be saying 5yrs after his death that he was one of the goats in West Coast ...
 7 years ago '09        #84
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
 Budala said:
If The Game died after 'The Documentary' & 'Devils Advocate' you n*ggas would be saying 5yrs after his death that he was one of the goats in West Coast ...
First, ^co-sign because Game is well on his way to be just that.

Second, Thugga hit the nail on the head - except for the part about having Scarface on there.
 7 years ago '05        #85
HeGotBeatz 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,342 | Props total: 557 557
 klm1015 said:
BIG's two albums s**t on mosts rappers extensive catalogs
Including slim thug. Why is he speaking on big in the first place, or did I miss something?

B.I.G. def TOP 3!
 10-21-2010, 08:50 PM         #86
StatisticZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Real true statement. Can't wait for BIG stans to come in and claim otherwise.
 10-21-2010, 08:52 PM         #87
StatisticZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
Exactly..

2pac had a truckload of albums and songs.. 98% of them garbage.

Jay-Z has how many albums? Really RD and Blueprint can be even put in the same stratosphere as any of BIG's albums.

Nas w/ Illmatic, IWW and Stillmatic.

BIG went out with 2 classics that are better than 99% of rap albums ever released. His talent as a rapper alone s**ts on nearly anyone to ever lay a verse.
I can post probably 10 albums from people you may or may not have heard of that were overall better than either one of big's cds.
 10-21-2010, 08:53 PM         #88
Youngin19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sirnel said:
seriously. biggie's two albums are lyrically some of the most impressive in terms of word play and talking about what he actually felt and saw on the street. he dropped Ready to Die and it was straight heat when he was 22..

pac was an actor.. he f**kin took dance classes, went to arts school, wrote poetry and sh!t.. biggie was a straight hustler.. i'm not saying that makes biggie a better rapper, he just happened to be a better rapper on top of the fact that he actually LIVED the s**t he rapped about. not in your top five? n*gga get the f**k outta here
lived the s**t? The dude went to a private school. Tupac was a homeless n*gga who didn't graduate high school with a crackhead mother. How the f**k isn't that real.

It be these New York n*ggas that stay overrating BIG. Tupac's hits >>>> Big's hits.
 7 years ago '06        #89
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 602 602
 MiseryCityTexas said:
true story most southerners thought they were cali n*ggas until the mid 90s. Us southerners showed the west alot of love back then. maybe too much love. all them early rap-a-lot and suave house cds sounded like some straight up g funk s**t. and the majority of screw mixes were west west coast music if it werent their own suc music.

^^^true. Even early Outkast sound like G s**t. It was cool though. But Houston found its way about rapping about fly s**t instead of being fresh like people nowadays, but anyway, there was a lot of love for Pac. Biggie was a beast, no doubt, but he's not on my top. If you ask any Houston dude, most likely you would get Pac>Biggie. Only NY dudes I listened to consistently were Jay Z, DMX, Nas, old Busta, old Fab, and old 50.
 7 years ago '08        #90
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,582 | Props total: 17254 17254
It says more that you are consider great by doing less, this slim thug guy is a punk a.ss for not realizing that.
 7 years ago '06        #91
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 StatisticZ said:
I can post probably 10 albums from people you may or may not have heard of that were overall better than either one of big's cds.
name them please
 7 years ago '05        #92
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
I always touhht the : only two albums argument to try and prove the GOAT list is a.ss cheeks.

... really THE WORST argument to come up with. Thats the ONE thing that pisses me off when I come into GOAT threads.

What about Pun? U gonna come around hip-hop saying pun wasnt all that and a bag of chips because he only had two albums?
 7 years ago '04        #93
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3478 3478
 StatisticZ said:
No you can't.
 10-21-2010, 10:57 PM         #94
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is the generation that values quantity over quality....
 7 years ago '05        #95
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
Man I still don't see why B.I.G gets that hate he gets. Ya'll are quick to bring in other aspect of Pac's life as to why he was GOAT IE "he was so real etc". Pac wasn't no hitmaker until he got locked up, point blank. Ya'll won't look at the fact that Biggie singlehandedly (along with WU and Nas) brought the East Coast back to the forefront of hip hop, forget that Ready To Die > Any Pac album. PAc never constructed albums, dude made classic songs, thats an undeniable fact, but I'm sorry, a few classic songs to every 15-20 songs about the same s**t just doesnt cut it for me at all. BIG aint even in my top 5, but ya'll focus too much on Pac the human being, rather than Pac the artist. B.I.G as an artist, was/is more skilled that most of the hip hop game, in history. He had the technical ability that you internet nerds masturbate over (Eminem and Pun stans especially), the humour of a comedian, and actually was a street dude and was able to combine them all into his art.

But 2 albums of great-classic material isnt s**t compared to Pac's catalogue of overatted stale material. Every Pac album followed the same blueprint, and ya'll are quick to call out Jay-Z's subject matter when Pac spoke about the same s**t for soooooo long.
 10-21-2010, 11:07 PM         #96
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sheedawg said:
Man I still don't see why B.I.G gets that hate he gets. Ya'll are quick to bring in other aspect of Pac's life as to why he was GOAT IE "he was so real etc". Pac wasn't no hitmaker until he got locked up, point blank. Ya'll won't look at the fact that Biggie singlehandedly (along with WU and Nas) brought the East Coast back to the forefront of hip hop, forget that Ready To Die > Any Pac album. PAc never constructed albums, dude made classic songs, thats an undeniable fact, but I'm sorry, a few classic songs to every 15-20 songs about the same s**t just doesnt cut it for me at all. BIG aint even in my top 5, but ya'll focus too much on Pac the human being, rather than Pac the artist. B.I.G as an artist, was/is more skilled that most of the hip hop game, in history. He had the technical ability that you internet nerds masturbate over (Eminem and Pun stans especially), the humour of a comedian, and actually was a street dude and was able to combine them all into his art.

But 2 albums of great-classic material isnt s**t compared to Pac's catalogue of overatted stale material. Every Pac album followed the same blueprint, and ya'll are quick to call out Jay-Z's subject matter when Pac spoke about the same s**t for soooooo long.

whoa,whoa,whoa,...no need to go from one extreme to the next....now pac made the same album his whole career?....he never had a hit until he got locked up?...slow down sun...no need to make up s**t in order to make a point....how did 2pacalypse sound anything like me against the world?...how did me against the world sound anything like all eyez on me?...how did all eyez on me sound anything like makaveli?.....and have you ever heard of i get around?....you know the single that went gold?....
 7 years ago '06        #97
cboi3523 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,962 | Props total: 44 44
I'm from the south and I agree to a certain extent and I disagree to a certain extent, so I'll agree to disagree.
 7 years ago '08        #98
Kingbonafyde 
space
space
$275 | Props total: 0 0
 akademiks said:
Exactly..

2pac had a truckload of albums and songs.. 98% of them garbage.

Jay-Z has how many albums? Really RD and Blueprint can be even put in the same stratosphere as any of BIG's albums.

Nas w/ Illmatic, IWW and Stillmatic.

BIG went out with 2 classics that are better than 99% of rap albums ever released. His talent as a rapper alone s**ts on nearly anyone to ever lay a verse.
I agree with your statements except tha Pac one, but with that said i can understand where Slim coming from on why he isnt in "his" top 5, but Biggie is #1 on my list he the G.O.A.T. in my books
 7 years ago '05        #99
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 HotepSuns said:
whoa,whoa,whoa,...no need to go from one extreme to the next....now pac made the same album his whole career?....he never had a hit until he got locked up?...slow down sun...no need to make up s**t in order to make a point....how did 2pacalypse sound anything like me against the world?...how did me against the world sound anything like all eyez on me?...how did all eyez on me sound anything like makaveli?.....and have you ever heard of i get around?....you know the single that went gold?....
I may have gone a bit over the top with the comparisons but Pac's star status went out of the stratosphere when he got locked up. 2pacalypse now, and Me Against the World are his most similar albums in terms of that more serious tone. Makaveli's production was decidedly darker, but the subject matter from that to All Eyez On Me are similar, its the production that was the big difference IMO. Pac had a formula of music for everyone on his albums which was a gift and a curse. IMO he had a had a song in one tone that was serious and classic, then some rider gang bangin song that was mediocre and vice versa. Hail Mary and then Just Like Daddy? I'm not tryna hate on Pac at all but he wasnt the perfect musical figure that a lot of casual fans paint him to be, because BIG generally gets hate from fans that only know Juicy and BIG poppa.
 10-21-2010, 11:28 PM         #100
ALLSCREWEDUP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fresh Whyte said:
....He Right. n*ggas In The South Was Feeling Pac More Than Biggie Because Of The Material He Always Had. Its No Shot At Biggie...Just Thug's Opinion On Who He Like.

No Point In Getting Mad At His Opinion.
aaaannnnnnndddddd /thread
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
26 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
60 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
18 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy