Lupe Fiasco Airs Out MTV"[You're] Corporate Garbage Pushing Plastic Lifestyles

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
57 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
8 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
313 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #81
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,671 | Props total: 10714 10714
 Damagegadget said:
if he sellin out concerts he sellin....You must not know lupe fans.. I damn near got mobbed on twitter when I joked about him bein a poser
He prolly sell out small venues in certain parts of the country but dude fan base isn't as big as u think.If that was the case atlantic woulda put his album out cause they know he's gonna sell no matter what.Dude barely went gold his last go round and that's wit a big single like superstar.I'm a big Lupe fan but he keep pullin stunts like this and he won't be around long at all
 7 years ago '06        #82
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
I'm still wondering how simply stating an obvious ill that no one else in his line of work is addressing is seen as him complaining?

Is he lying?

Remember when MTV would play videos all dam day... Evening roles around.. have a dating show, a couple of cartoons, maybe a countdown show...then is back to the videos. Now its videos early in the morning...Unless you got MTV Jams or Hits then its the same 25 videos in rotation all f**king day.

How the f**k can you possibly call yourself music television when your a.ss barely plays any damn music?

They also ruined TV by introducing reality TV. I mean, the real world started off cool, that just opened up the flood gates to a future of bulls**t tv that lacks any type of substance at all... what you see pretty much today on every f**king channel.

MTV it seems used to be against everything that it has become now. MTV has some of the most shallow programming this side of the universe.
 7 years ago '08        #83
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 Hold That said:
THIS..

I mean some of these same people in this thread are saying, "I don't get Lupe, why he bashing MTV!! Stupid move!!"

Then 2 seconds later will hop in a Kanye/Jay-Z thread claiming they are apart of the illuminati/pushing an agenda to brainwash the youth.. But yet a few seconds later you asking why Lupe speaking up about some s**t, you said you were against a few minutes ago..

Boxden is f**kin retarded I swear, but it is comical.
 JamesAdamsIz808 said:
I'm still wondering how simply stating an obvious ill that no one else in his line of work is addressing is seen as him complaining?

Is he lying?

Remember when MTV would play videos all dam day... Evening roles around.. have a dating show, a couple of cartoons, maybe a countdown show...then is back to the videos. Now its videos early in the morning...Unless you got MTV Jams or Hits then its the same 25 videos in rotation all f**king day.

How the f**k can you possibly call yourself music television when your a.ss barely plays any damn music?

They also ruined TV by introducing reality TV. I mean, the real world started off cool, that just opened up the flood gates to a future of bulls**t tv that lacks any type of substance at all... what you see pretty much today on every f**king channel.

MTV it seems used to be against everything that it has become now. MTV has some of the most shallow programming this side of the universe.
^^^yep...

and do some of you even know the history of MTV? and some of the shady s**t they used to do? I dont think some of them do....

MTV never used to air rap videos and some black music.....they blatantly/openly discriminated against black music . MTV never wanted to cater to black people until MJ came along with thriller/billie jean(yeah they played Tina Turner and artists like that but she was basically rock n roll)...not until then that they realized that rap/black music would be a good for business...years later they brought out Yo MTV raps wit Fad 5 Freddie.. then came Dr.Dre & Ed lover...even then..they was on some bulls**t. Will Smith won an MTV award for "Parents just don't understand" but they refused to air his acceptance speech...for decades MTV/Viacom has been on some horses**t and we know this but when lupe speaks on it.....hes a lame? hes complaining? i dont blame him...even with kanye that year, i dont blame...again..MTV be on some shady s**t.. some of you muthaf**kas really need to recognize....for real.

GETHEf**kOUTTAHERE

Last edited by supervillain; 10-21-2010 at 05:53 PM..
 10-21-2010, 05:38 PM         #84
BasedHead 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well if i was the record label i drop all their a.sses... don't complain when its about 20k ppl that want your spot.
 7 years ago '08        #85
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
and stop siding with the gotdamn corporations....thats part of the reason they're so f**kin powerful and have so much influence...because you swallow everything they feed you....and they lovin it..all the way to the bank...while we debating and arguing amongst ourselves..distracted... they laughin all the way to the bank...

they don't give a f**k about you or me...

Last edited by supervillain; 10-21-2010 at 05:47 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #86
J. Jones04 
space
space
$3,849 | Props total: 4 4
Lupe is just being real. MTV & BET is dumbed down! MTV went all bad when they canceled yo mtv raps and but it was still decent up until the late 90s when reality shows turned out tv. B.E.T. went bad when the owner sold it to some white people. WTF am I gonna watch Black Enetertainment Television when white people own it! Look at the shows that people grew up in the 80s early 90s watch and look at it now and tell me it aint some bs! Lupe is a intelligent dude he know what he doing, somebody needs to speak out about its mad late. Lupe going threw some bs with atlantic thats why his music aint out there. His fan base is big, his fan base overseas i would say is bigger than it is here. Independent is the way now days. Idk why drake signed to cash money I would have went independent and been laughing to the bank! Big ups to Lupe tho man.
 7 years ago '05        #87
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,789 | Props total: 4738 4738
lupe really is a little b**ch

why not s**t on BET since they're a mockery, n*gga talking s**t about mtv like they even play music anymore
 7 years ago '05        #88
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,789 | Props total: 4738 4738
 J. Jones04 said:
Lupe is just being real. MTV & BET is dumbed down!
mtv is a tv channel, you understand tv channels are just here to generate funds thru advertisement and commercials right?????
 10-21-2010, 07:15 PM         #89
ChaosBeats 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sephiroth757 said:
I don't care about any of that -- just put good music out and STFU.
he couldn't make a decent song to save his life his music is skateboarder trash
 7 years ago '05        #90
CTR 376 heat pts376
space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 5 5
all you people saying lupe should bite his tongue and not say what he feels just to continue being a pawn to make money ....you are a b**ch. you go sing and dance for another man and say "yes master"
 7 years ago '07        #91
Avon_Barksdale 4345 heat pts4345
space
space
$42,526 | Props total: 56246 56246
 MOTM said:
Illuminati's favorite network
This.
 7 years ago '04        #92
chirpflare 173 heat pts173
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 37 37
:applause:

f**k mtv
 7 years ago '04        #93
The S-Word 
space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 1300 1300
 JamesAdamsIz808 said:
For those of you born before 1990.... Remember when MTV would play videos ALLLLLLLL DAMNNNNNNNN DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Then had a couple of shows on during the evening then play videos ALLLLLLLLLLLL DAMNNNNNNNNN NIGHT!!!!!!! When Daisy was on there, The white girl with glasses I forget her name... Bill Bellemy...

Soon as TRL Came around s**t just got bad.
Kennedy.

LOL @A girl being named 'Kennedy...'
 10-25-2010, 07:50 PM         #94
ass_in_my_eyes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:afro: lupe!!!-
[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #95
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
He done goofed.
 7 years ago '10        #96
PrinceDeville25 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,178 | Props total: 464 464
 CTR said:
all you people saying lupe should bite his tongue and not say what he feels just to continue being a pawn to make money ....you are a b**ch. you go sing and dance for another man and say "yes master"
Lupe IQ too high for this music industry. I don't know what he expected when he signed to a major

He's just a different Lupe than in 05-06'.. Back then he was a perfect balance of nerd & hood, mainstream & different, alternative & soulful. He was going through a change. He used to be a gangsta rapper before those days.

The Lupe now is more sure about what he wants to do. He's on a mission now to use his music as a way to spread "positivity".. He don't back down for s**t..
 7 years ago '04        #97
KillaKell_01 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,601 | Props total: 41 41
Not mad @ Lu. MTV fell OFFFFFFFFFFFFF....
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy