Erykah Badu calls today's Hip-Hop "Cornball ass music"

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
49 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #41
cboi3523 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,962 | Props total: 44 44
 AKMPLCE said:
i agree wit her but these lil 90's babies wont.... they the ones who support this trash music these days

[pic - click to view]

Shout out to all the 80's babies who keep it classic like myself.
 10-18-2010, 02:35 PM         #42
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
lemme guess what y'all gonna say...

'She's a hater, haters gon' hate'

'She old, what does she know?'

'She just mad she ain't relevant anymore'

'The music is evolving...blah blah blah'
She's not a hater, she's just a hypocrite. I remember wen she dissin gaga abt the type videos she does n abt how kids shouldn't see that n that's a bad example. Then she turns around and does a video runnin nekkid through a very public place n texas wit kids all around her and she calls it art.
 10-18-2010, 02:35 PM         #43
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
lemme guess what y'all gonna say...

'She's a hater, haters gon' hate'

'She old, what does she know?'

'She just mad she ain't relevant anymore'

'The music is evolving...blah blah blah'
This right here...she speaking truth
 10-18-2010, 02:35 PM         #44
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont understand how all of rap music is labeled this. Didn't jeezy just do a full mixtape about selling cocaine. There was NOTHING pop about it.
 10-18-2010, 02:38 PM         #45
Meatballer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 freakbucket said:
i dont understand how all of rap music is labeled this. Didn't jeezy just do a full mixtape about selling cocaine. There was NOTHING pop about it.
Jeezy is pop when its time to drop a family friendly radio single. In other words artist are prone to trade integrity for sales. But Jeezy is more of an exception to the rule. I mean I don't see one artist as completely pop and "authentic" alot of em do straddle the line, Badu included.
 10-18-2010, 02:41 PM         #46
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the south lost......AGAIN

bring NY & LA rap music back!..the midwest is keeping it raw in the meantime. true story
 7 years ago '05        #47
kingpin222 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,693 | Props total: 2237 2237
 Storchaveli said:
I don't take this broad seriously. She isn't even known outside of her little circle. She's like the female Nas.

Exactly.

n*gga are you retarded? The 19 time Grammy Nominated, 4 Time Grammy Winner Erykah Badu is only known inside of her circle? The girl who made Tyrone? Bag Lady? On & On?

I swear man. Some n*ggas on BX swear that if an artist didn't drop after 2005 they don't exist anymore.
 7 years ago '07        #48
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
 Deckster said:
no she a hyprcrite she has songs with the same n*ggas she is dissing.

and any random beat from now>>>>>>>>.any simple a.ss old beat, theres your evolution
How dafukk you know??? Did she mention any names???

Deckster said:
you realize she made that same type of s**t to try to get back on.
Bulls**t n*gga.........name one song.

SPYTAH said:
I dont agree with her on the techno beats thing and us not owning the music. house and techno were started by US in Chicago and Detroit. And hip hop has always been house and techno,
check Jungle Brothers Girl Ill House you
Queen Latifah Come into my house
and that is just to name a few.
Cuz thats all you got..........not many "house" hip hop songs. So dont post some bulls**t house song and call it a hip hop song.

AKMPLCE said:
i agree wit her but these lil 90's babies wont.... they the ones who support this trash music these days
Yeah these n*ggas too young to appreciate what reall hip hop is. I feel sorry for them. They have no variety all these n*ggas using the same producers and biting the same style. Hip hop used to be about originality.

cboi3523 said:
Fuq what yall talking bout she gotta point I'll jam my old sh*t over this new music any day.
True that.

OutKast, Dogg Pound, Wu Tang, Scarface>>> New Boys, Soulja Boy, Brick Squad, Lil Boosie whoever else you wanna fukkin out here
 7 years ago '10        #49
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
 freakbucket said:
f**k jeezy :bigok:
 7 years ago '05        #50
kingpin222 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,693 | Props total: 2237 2237
 dlettern said:
the south lost......AGAIN

bring NY & LA rap music back!..the midwest is keeping it raw in the meantime. true story
Also, Erykah Badu is from the South.
 7 years ago '07        #51
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
 kingpin222 said:
n*gga are you retarded? The 19 time Grammy Nominated, 4 Time Grammy Winner Erykah Badu is only known inside of her circle? The girl who made Tyrone? Bag Lady? On & On?

I swear man. Some n*ggas on BX swear that if an artist didn't drop after 2005 they don't exist anymore.
These n*ggas on here are stupid as fukk. Erykah Badu aint no superstar in the US becuz she aint selling s3x. That what female artists gotta do over here to get the spotlight. The most talented singers aint even on top of the charts. b**ches like Rihanna and Keri Hilson no singing a.ss get all the shine.

Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott, Badu>>>>>all these fake R&B b**ches.
 7 years ago '06        #52
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
C'MON MAN! you think she is lying?
Ok so she did a few songs on SOMEONE ELSES project that she was paid for, so you mean to tell me if you have a "brand" you'll stop taking money from people if they are handing it out? Not only that a lot of times you'll get featured on a bunch of albums before your album drops.
Hands down she is right! I'd rather hear Andre 3000 before any of the people you all name dropped and you would too!
 10-18-2010, 02:50 PM         #53
BasedHead 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well you got to do what the ppl want in order to eat.
or you can do you and follow nobody rules and be a underground rapper living check 2 check performing outside the 711 or in coffee shops.
 7 years ago '06        #54
cboi3523 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,962 | Props total: 44 44
 legendisdope said:
shes right, lets start by boycottin that f**got florida
That's funny seeing that from a n*gga from Washington. What kinda music yall make...
Don't hate on Florida or the south because we runnin dis rap sh*t hate on the n*ggas makin that wack sh*t.
 7 years ago '04        #55
Venom2k2 
space
space
$976 | Props total: 3 3
I don't know....Mainstream Rap got more tolerable. Remember the D4L guys? Or some other wack s**t like MIMS? It got better now and would you honestly listen to some super conscious rap after a week of work on a Friday night? Sometimes you need your ignorant loud rap like Waka Flocka, it only gets embarassing when the young rap Listener only knows his Waka s**t.

And please, don't try to bring back simple a.ss rhymes like Special Ed or other old dudes...it was good during its time, but please move on, it's 2010. Eventually, Rap will cleanse itself...or not *shrugs*
 10-18-2010, 02:53 PM         #56
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
as usual 8 pages of dumb a.ss non reading people who took what she said out of context.......you n*ggas need to pick up a book sometimes
 7 years ago '07        #57
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,393 | Props total: 21540 21540
 Deckster said:
that songs she made with weezy a while back was cornball music
first thing that came to mind
 10-18-2010, 02:55 PM         #58
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Been saying that, since "Breathe" Fabolous... was a hit!
 7 years ago '05        #59
pizarro 
space
space
$1,503 | Props total: 0 0
It took someone who doesn't do rap music to say this.n*ggas better sstand up and start putting out the real s**t, because this s**t out now is some bulls**t.evoulving my a.ss s**t is corney as f**k
 10-18-2010, 03:09 PM         #60
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she's right.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
79 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
119 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
117 comments
2 days ago