The #1 ranked Call of Duty player shares his secret - the FragFX SHARK

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
25291 pageviews
17 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
The #1 ranked Call of Duty player shares his secret - the FragFX SHARK

[pic - click to view]

Sometimes you just have to have the right controller for the job. f!ghting game afficionados have their sticks, and racing fans can be found behind their wheels, but what do console FPS fans have? Many have flocked to the PC for its mouse-and-keyboard advantage, but one company hopes to finally give console owners the upper hand. And apparently it works too damn good, at least thatís what one of the best COD players in the world is saying.

[pic - click to view]

The FragFX SHARK is a unique controller from Split Fish, and officially endorsed by zDD, one of the top Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 players in the world. And this endorsement is as legit as it comes as he was using the device while being top ranked, before Split Fish called him up to be a spokesperson. What makes it stand out is that it combines a mouse and nunchuck-esque setup designed for those who prefer to frag on the PlayStation 3 in their living room. But unlike the nunchuck setup on the Wii, the unit was designed for high-level competitive play. Featuring a highly sensitive analog stick, two triggers, and the four trademark PlayStation buttons, the design and layout have been fine tuned for competitive play. The omission of a keyboard is an unusual design choice, but one that the creators hope to make the de facto standard.

PROTIP! When your ammo runs out, donít reload. Switch guns because you can fire rounds off faster this way. Reloading takes way too long.

The whole process is made even easier through mappable buttons. If taken advantage of, those short miliseconds of time you save could mean the difference between life and watching the k!ll Cam yet again.

PROTIP! Always crouch when firing, this gives you an instant advantage because other players have to aim down to hit you. On the FragFX SHARK, you can map that crouch button in a way so that when you fire, you can also easily crouch at the same time.

[pic - click to view]

This also applies to the sensitivity as well. Competitive players, including those that dabble in the holy grail of shooters known as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, usually top out their controller sensitivity at 4. However, with a little patience, users of the Split Fish can max out their sensitivity settings and still be comfortable with their settings.

PROTIP! If you love sniping, you should set your controller sensitivity way down, so that your movement for aiming the crosshairs is more precise.

The designers have also incorporated other bells and whistles, including SIXAXIS support and rapid-fire modes. Some may say this is cheating, but the creators of the device call it ďmaking the most of their gameĒ.

PROTIP! Competitive players use TVs that are smaller than 27Ē. This is because the response time on sets bigger than that are too slow for competitive play.

And itís not just the creators reaping these benefits either. Constantly staying at #1 on the leaderboards, Dennis Dozier (aka zDD to his enemies on PSN) has made the most of a FragFX prototype for some time now, even catching the attention of Activision. He works by day at a full-time employee at Penn State, but he also has helped directly in designing the joystick, giving the creators the insight they need to make their product even better.

[video - click to view]

So it takes take some getting use to, playing with mouse and control for a console game. But the big question ultimate is: Does it really work? Can you improve your skills using this controller? Short answer: Hell yes. zDD says that when he was beta testing the controller against players online, he got banned 6 times because other players swear he was cheating. And I can see why: He racked up 60 k!lls vs. 1 death once.

At $90, this controller is clearly for those that want to dominate in FPS games on console. Though I should note this controller does also work on PC and MAC, chances are youíll probably stick with mouse and keyboard on those systems. And as I mentioned before, if you are serious about f!ghting games, you use a f!ghting stick, and if you are serious about driving games, you use a racing wheel. Now FPS players have something that takes it up a few notches.

BTW - All the pro tips come from zDD, and while he was a bit reluctant to share all his tricks, we did get some juicy ones! Although, thatís like having a professional wrestler tells you how to do all the moves, and you thinking you can suddenly headline at Wrestlemania.

[pic - click to view]

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

17 comments for "The #1 ranked Call of Duty player shares his secret - the FragFX SHARK"

7 years ago '09        #2
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
Hm...if I could find this for $40 I'd probably pick it up. I'm sure $90 is worth it but I don't have that kinda money to spend right now...
 7 years ago '09        #3
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,413 | Props total: 10536 10536
There's this s**t where you can hook up a mouse and keyboard and use that s**t on your 360/ps3. That would be OWNAGE lol. It costs $100 though.
 7 years ago '06        #4
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
im mad its a black guy and not a middle age overweight white guy...
 7 years ago '05        #5
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,478 | Props total: 2826 2826
 niceguy954 said:
im mad its a black guy and not a middle age overweight white guy...
:iagree:

7 years ago '07        #6
JaeNice 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,203 | Props total: 0 0
looks cool but smh @ rapid fire
 7 years ago '09        #7
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,413 | Props total: 10536 10536

[pic - click to view]

*buys and gets ready for black ops*
 10-17-2010, 11:24 PM         #8
Shinto217 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh s**t it's a brotha
 7 years ago '04        #9
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
 MumblesDaHumble said:
One of the best or is the best?
Hes ranked number 1 in the world
 7 years ago '04        #10
restless4207 
space
space
$2,713 | Props total: 14 14
3rd party usb devices dont work i thought no more?
my frag fx doesnt work anymore at least lol

im sure this one doesnt work anymore too
 7 years ago '06        #11
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,407 | Props total: 961 961
yall know thats me right...thats right im number 1 in cod get at me dogggg
 10-18-2010, 02:07 AM         #12
Afflic7ion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What makes him "the best COD player in the world" exactly? Oh wait, he's not..
 7 years ago '04        #13
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,884 | Props total: 17436 17436
smfh @ this n*gga usin a cheat controller ....
 7 years ago '12        #14
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1256 1256
Yeah it is a cheat controller
 7 years ago '04        #15
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,450 | Props total: 5559 5559
he wouldnt be #1 on xbox for a fact.
 7 years ago '04        #16
restless4207 
space
space
$2,713 | Props total: 14 14
3.5 update disabled the use of 3rd party products i thought da ill one?

my frag fx dont work no more at least lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
108 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy