most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #61
C4daTimeBomb 3 heat pts OP
space
space
$2,484 | Props total: 339 339
 bibbyboi said:

Pac shot and k!lled a crooked cop..He literally fought for his rights, which is way more than 99% of other rappers would do....He made a timeless classic for his Mama....Got shot five times and talked s**t about the people that shot him right after.....

It honestly doesn't get any realer than that...
The cop was off duty and was'nt in uniform. He did'nt even know he was a cop so to bring that up is pointless. Then He blamed Biggie for his shooting, which was'nt true. What's so real about that?
 10-16-2010, 01:42 PM         #62
Cashius_Slay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #63
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 C4daTimebomb said:
The cop was off duty and was'nt in uniform. He did'nt even know he was a cop so to bring that up is pointless. Then He blamed Biggie for his shooting, which was'nt true. What's so real about that?
how you know who k!lled who? its all kinds of speculation everywhere.
 7 years ago '07        #64
C4daTimeBomb 3 heat pts OP
space
space
$2,484 | Props total: 339 339
 MiseryCityTexas said:
how you know who k!lled who? its all kinds of speculation everywhere.
Name one good reason Biggie would have for shooting Pac at the time? Plus if he did'nt resist the robbery, he would'nt have got shot. So to connect Biggie to Pac's shooting means Big's original motive was STICKING UP 2pac? If someone believes that tell em I got land on the moon for sale.
 7 years ago '07        #65
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,039 | Props total: 1023 1023
So now that he's on death Row, Pac becomes a hardcore West Coast Rider (he's from the east coast) gang affiliated rap star. Pac declares war on the east coast. OK. Cool. Thug Life back in effect. But this time around, it's more about being a thug just for the sake of being a thug than being revolutionary. (I wonder how many drive by's Me and My Girlfirend was the soundtrack to?)
Pac never claimed the east coast during his career. Before death row he was more of a universal type of rapper. He did shout out Oakland alot. But he pretty much had a Oakland, Digitial Underground sound before death Row. The only time he really mentioned being from New York was in interviews defending his stance on the east coast west beef. He also mentioned it on 'Ol School" and "n*ggas Done Changed". He said "im east coast born, but west coast raised". And what Pac song was he thuggin for the sake of being a thug? He always had a revolutionary element in his music, even his hardcore songs. He exploited the thug thing to get more mainstream appeal and reach the thugs (thats who he was tryna help). A thug aint gonna listen to noone who aint livin that kind of lifestyle but Pac had that crediblity so when he talked they listened. Makaveli was on deathrow and that was similar to Me Against The World. If you listen closely you'll start to notice that Pac barely ever rapped in 1st person. He was always rapping stories about the lives his homies was living. Remember Pac was nothing more than a mouthpiece for people (a messenger).

Why the change? Suge Knight. Suge put the battery in his back to diss the east coast and led him to the lifestyle which ultimately k!lled him. Suge even had him diss Dre, and later Snoop. Pac got a M.O.B (member of bloods) tattoo to top it all off. Sadly, pulled into a gang related altercation by Suge, Pac's life was taken by REAL gangster's, not rappers. Those close to Pac know before he died he was searching for a way off death Row (like everyone else) and was'nt happy with the situation. He was'nt even his own man anymore, Suge controlled him. His estate, upon his death, was missing several million dollars.
From my understanding Pac and Suge had a common enemy. Suge's was Puff and Pac's enemy was BIG, Puff, and whoever else was in the studio that night he got shot plus Black Mafia. Suge and Puff's beef goes back a few years prior to Pac getting shot up and its deeper than music. A couple of Suge's friends was k!lled on Puffy's watch so Suge had a legitimate reason to not like Puff. Pac felt that BIG and them didn't look out for him while he was in New York. And Puff wasn't really letting BIG reach out to Pac to clear things up. But Pac didn't know that and the lack of communication from BIG's part confirmed what Pac had already believed about BIG. Plus, people in jail were also telling him that the Black Mafia dudes who were affialated with Bad Boy (BIG's people) were the ones that set him up.
So him and Suge and David Kenner had that infamous meeting in prison and the rest is history. Put yourself in his shoes. Remember Pac had no more money from the legal cases, he was the sole bread winner for his big family, he was in jail and people was threatening to k!ll him and no other label was trying to bail him out (1.5 million bail is a heck of an investment to make on someone who was considered a libability back then). What would you have done? They have a common enemy who happens to be one of the top labels in hip hop at the time and at that point Pac had a strategy on how to k!ll two birds with one stone (generate profit for greater causes + overthrow the "shady"east coast regime known as bad boy records). And Bad Boy records became that meal ticket.

Also I dont know if u remember but alot of people on the East Coast was throwing shots at Pac on Biggies behalf (Mobb Deep, Chino XL, Da Brat, The Fugee's, LL Cool J, Nas, Nature, Foxy, Nore, Puffy). Pac defended himself from a gang of East Coast artst so thats why it may have seemed like Pac hated the east coast. He planned on setting up a deathrow on the East Coast btw. How would you have handled the situation if it was you?

He wasn't happy with death Row because of the money situation but he wasn't trying to leave completetly. He was gonna seperate from them by starting Makaveli Records but be distributed by death Row. He went to Vegas that night to show that there was no bad blood between him and Suge lol.

BTW Pac's definition of M.O.B was Money Over B****s lol

So what should his legacy be? He was'nt a martyr. He made good music, true. But he also popularized a lifestyle which has led countless people to prison and the graveyard. Including him. He made kids wanna be thugs, which continues to this day. Bravo Pac. R.I.P.
Yeah he wasn't a martyr like the media makes him out to be. And he did help to popularize that kind of lifestyle but i dont believe that was his intentions. If anything his life should be a wake up call to how you dont want to live but the media does a good job of romanticizing his life. Like he said in Ressurection "Yeah thug life is a fad to the casual listeners but they'll drop it after a while cause its not for them, but for the people really living the thug life they get the message im tryna get across". He was wrong though.

BTW, Pac exposed himself on many occasions with things that would hurt the average rappers reputation (doing ballet, feminine ways growing up, love for poetry) so i dont believe that he was fake or had anything to hide.

Last edited by A-L-P; 10-16-2010 at 06:59 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #66
slapaho 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,301 | Props total: 2497 2497
 C4daTimebomb said:
I was literally the biggest 2pac fan back in the day. From Digital Underground, to Juice, All Eyez on Me, everything. I FOLLOWED this n*ggas career becuz 2pac was that n*gga to me. And he still is...However, 2pac was not the realest MC that many people make him out to be.

n*gga stop frontin 2pac was hardly doing anything but dancin back when he was with DU. so u were a fan of his humpty dance or u throw that in to make it look more like you aint 17-20yrs old frontin like u know some s**t
 7 years ago '04        #67
WhoThaFuk 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 575 575
I don't know...getting setup, framed, & shot would p!ss me the f**k off too.
 7 years ago '06        #68
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
damm u cats look into s**t way to much..... If your not walking in these guys shoes, its impossible to say that u would act differently

let this man rip

1. If anythng dude had a ridiculous work ethic in the studio... was prolly influenced by the oakland rappers, who have a rep for putting out multiple cds in a year

2.don't know him personaly, but from the stories I heard threwout the years.... even if he wasn't the best scrapper in the world, he wouldn't hesitate to throw down if s**t hit the fan... spice 1 was talking about how the crowd jumped him, pac, and some other emcees.... and they stood up and threw down even though were outnumbered... If anybody ever been jumped, U can appreciate that...

3.pac may have sold his soul a bit after signing to death row... but who hasn't... the lox are looked at as 1 of the most respectable street groups... and they were dancing around in them ridiculous shinny outfits lol... face put out the my homies cd, just for a favor for J prince.. the list could go on.. everybody makes some sacrifices at times.. biggie did the same thing for puffy

imo I think some knuckleheads look up to him 2 much and take his words out of context.. but that isn't his fault... would personaly take a lot of emcees over him, but as far as putting passion and desire into your music, not many are on his level
 7 years ago '07        #69
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
So THAT makes you turn into a blood huh? SMH.
He never claimed to be a blood. You'll never see a pic or footage of him throwing up a blood symbol or anything. He hung out with bloods and crips but he was never in any gang. He even said "I dont care if your a blood a cuz, jus as long as u got love for thugs". His image was like a universal thug activist. He flpped the M.O.B thing to Money Over B%%#hes instead of Member of Blood. He created alot of accronyms for words that had negative stigmas.

Last edited by A-L-P; 10-16-2010 at 03:24 PM..
 10-16-2010, 06:25 PM         #70
AK85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A-L-P said:
alot of people on the East Coast was throwing shots at Pac on Biggies behalf (Mobb Deep, Chino XL, Da Brat, The Fugee's, LL Cool J, Nas, Nature,Foxy,Nore, Puffy).
I remember him saying "tell da brat to keep her mouth closed" on when we ride on our enemies. What exactly did she say though? And I've never heard him responding (maybe I just haven't heard the track) to things that Nature and Nore said, what did they say?
 7 years ago '07        #71
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
I remember him saying "tell da brat to keep her mouth closed" on when we ride on our enemies. What exactly did she say though? And I've never heard him responding (maybe I just haven't heard the track) to things that Nature and Nore said, what did they say?
Da Brat got on the radio talking bad about Pac in defense of Biggie. Nature, Nore and Nas dissed Tupac on this DJ Clue mixtape that came out in 96. Pac never dissed Nature and Nore though, he just kind of lumped all them in the same bucket. Pac was real defensive and paranoid back then lol he thought the "fake thug, no luv" line was directed at him but Nas said it was directed at Biggie lol. His paranoia was justified though but still lol.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '08        #72
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,534 | Props total: 17165 17165
People who hate on Tupac are not real, they couldn't understand the struggle that man went through to even become "2pac" in the hip hop game and his route into other forms of entertainment.
 7 years ago '07        #73
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
Pac >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 7 years ago '06        #74
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,641 | Props total: 8574 8574
n*ggaz hate on Pac what rappers in the game do you know personally to know if they are real or not.
 7 years ago '10        #75
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
 JoeyTheGod said:
This has been known...pacs a phony
get your a.ss back in the sports spot
 7 years ago '06        #76
Don Kaliko 14 heat pts14
space
space
$4,234 | Props total: 1717 1717
wow! I always thought he had a don't care mentality cuss of his up bringing, broken home, product of his enviroment, beaten by police, getting ridiculed by a lot of black opressors and boycotted. going in and out of court for no reason, getting accused and convicted of r*pe, and finally getting shot 5 times? ..maybe suge out weighs all that though? anyways, I wanna hear that vibe interview where he stated what you said. so, can you up that..
 10-16-2010, 09:33 PM         #77
yungpoppa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man , I swear I have the same argument about Pac. He was a great rapper, but his drastic change from one extreme to the next made you wonder how genuine it was. Being force to act like a thug aint real to me, whether the record company wants you to or not. I've always felt that these n*ggas were idolizing a puppet, but people are so stuck in there ways they don't even think about it. On another note: to all the "Illuminati-ers and consiracy theorist, look up interscope and jimmy, look up easy-e and nwa, ya'll all callin Jay-Z and Kanye out, all those albums, all those ideas that Pac put out, he worker for the people ya'll are so called exposing.
 10-18-2010, 04:10 AM         #78
BASSATTACK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 c4datimebomb said:
1st off neva said he was'nt real. Just sayin he was'nt the bulletproof gangsta ignorant fools make him out to be. If you deny his style switched up when he got out then don't even waste your time unless you wanna make me laugh.
you ignorant for even talking about him. You is a hip-hop k!lla!!!
 10-18-2010, 04:12 AM         #79
BASSATTACK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yungpoppa said:
Man , I swear I have the same argument about Pac. He was a great rapper, but his drastic change from one extreme to the next made you wonder how genuine it was. Being force to act like a thug aint real to me, whether the record company wants you to or not. I've always felt that these n*ggas were idolizing a puppet, but people are so stuck in there ways they don't even think about it. On another note: to all the "Illuminati-ers and consiracy theorist, look up interscope and jimmy, look up easy-e and nwa, ya'll all callin Jay-Z and Kanye out, all those albums, all those ideas that Pac put out, he worker for the people ya'll are so called exposing.
Foos dont grow up to be what they were as a kid...
 7 years ago '06        #80
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
Nah, this ain't a Pac hate thread. I understand where you are comin from. I was tellin n*ggas how I noticed how Pac really really switched up his swag/demeanor once he started f**kin with death Row. He sounded more West Coast than ever. In his prior albums, you can hear how East Coast he sounded, but it's the truth when they say, "it's not where ya from, its where ya at." Pac just knew how to blend in with his surroundings, which is a good thing. And even know he was goin hard with that hardcore s**t, he was always tryin to stress something deeper than that. Under all the drama, you seen the real Pac from time to time, so it ain't like he completely lost himself.

I'm not the biggest Pac fan, but I respect dude.

Last edited by Da Realness; 10-18-2010 at 05:18 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy