Kareem “Biggs” Burke, co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records Arrested on Federal Drug Charges

most viewed right now
 Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
146 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #1
6030 pageviews
61 comments

BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,441 | Props total: 8514 8514
Kareem “Biggs” Burke, co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records Arrested on Federal Drug Charges

[pic - click to view]

A big-time rap mogul has landed in big-time trouble with the feds.

Kareem “Biggs” Burke, co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records, which launched the career of superstar rapper Jay-Z, was among 43 people arrested today in a massive drug sweep spanning from New York to South Florida, authorities said.

Also nabbed was Matthew Stang, a writer and senior ad rep at High Times magazine, a well-known chronicle of chronic culture.

"In the case of the High Times employee, it’s a case of art imiitiating real life," said Jim Hayes special agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations for Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Burke was nabbed early this morning by ICE agents at his home in North Bergen, NJ, Hayes said.

The 18-month investigation into the vast narcotics network – headed by Geovanny “Manny” Rodriguez Perez – resulted in $1 million in seized profits and 177 pounds of marijuana, Hayes said.

At least another seven people are expected to be arrested as a result of the operation, dubbed “Green Venom,” he said. Investigators used state and federal wiretaps to catch the drug smugglers, authorities said.

Over the last 20 years, Perez used violence to intimidate competitors, according to authorities.

"He has created a super drug distribution network that has controlled the marijuana market in NYC," Hayes said.

Perez is suspected of being involved with the New York City drug trade since the 1990s -- using couriers with vehicles to move the product and planes to transport the ill-gotten proceeds.

"It was transported in bulk from Florida to New York. From there it was divvied up among three main cells in the NYC-area and distributed to their clients," Hayes said.

"Right now we are focused on taking down the network and, as the investigation continues, we want to make sure that other rival networks or other co-conspirators cannot use the same tools."

Agencies participating in the multi-jurisdiction investigation include ICE, the DEA, the city’s Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutors and the city’s Department of Investigations.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Rap mogul Kareem Burke, mag rep Matthew Stang busted for living the 'high' life: feds - NYPOST.com

61 comments for "Kareem “Biggs” Burke, co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records Arrested on Federal Drug Charges"

10-15-2010, 11:39 AM         #2
Thee504Legend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 7 years ago '08        #3
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 261 261
Damn Biggs!
 7 years ago '09        #4
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,970 | Props total: 22238 22238
We off that
 7 years ago '08        #5
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Biggs always played the background, he was like the anti-Dame Dash. I was a huge Rocafella fan as a kid, I used to be able to tell you all about the ROC. But even I knew very little about Biggs or what exactly was his job at the ROC. All I knew was that Biggs existed, beyond that I couldnt tell you nothing else about him. Dude was crazy secretive, but now I know why.
 7 years ago '05        #6
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12554 12554
All this time they facing and 50 n*ggas in jail for just 1million dollars in weed? Thats it? That seems so small time..
 7 years ago '07        #7
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,604 | Props total: 10563 10563
Damn that's f**ked up.Let's see if Jigga put up a lil lawyer money for homie or better yet come 2 court and support.I highly doubt it tho.I know My n*gga Dame gon do all he can prolly.
 7 years ago '10        #8
Two02x3 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,586 | Props total: 6702 6702
No one else is reporting this yet.....

Pretty crazy, though. Dude always played it low key and pops up with a fed charge over 177 pounds of weed. Damn...he seemed like the guy who would have invested his money right too.
 7 years ago '05        #9
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,428 | Props total: 25069 25069
....Damn Biggs.

I Guess The n*gga Had To Eat Someway.
 10-15-2010, 11:51 AM         #10
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know the HH police is watching and prosecuting n*gga these days.WTF...........you cant be broke........on another level its just weed..........I bet if he was paying taxes on that s**t nobody would care........how bout the FBI takes down the Cartels who are actualy getting real grimey with they s**t, then messing with some low key operation that is not hurting anybody but the IRS's pride
 7 years ago '05        #11
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 7 years ago '08        #12
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,745 | Props total: 12170 12170
 Hold That said:
All this time they facing and 50 n*ggas in jail for just 1million dollars in weed? Thats it? That seems so small time..

me
exactly, We (fans) know nothing of where he invests his money...if we did people like them wouldn't make as much money cuz we'd be piggybacking off his a.ss. Real s**t, I'm sure fif still got money in the hood that makes even more money which helps him not blow his legal money.
 Hold That said:
I doubt it, and I seriously doubt he has a big money trail in the hood that might risk him losing all of his other a.ssets or "legal" money.. 50's too big and too successful to even risk it all for some small change... and when I mean small change like an extra 5-8mil a year in whatever "hood hustle" you think he might have.
Told yo pimp...no disrespect or nothing like that but they can't let the s**t go...don't matter how much cake they got the more cake that got the more discreet they becom...Biggs just let himself become infiltrated
 7 years ago '09        #13
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82 OP
space
space
$10,441 | Props total: 8514 8514

[pic - click to view]

the post is saying that biggs's operation "controlled the marijuana market in NYC”. damn nyc, we're facing a drought.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by BrooklynStiles; 10-15-2010 at 12:17 PM..
 10-15-2010, 12:21 PM         #14
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Biggs always played it cool.

Damn biggs
 7 years ago '08        #15
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 BrookLynnStiles said:

[pic - click to view]

the post is saying that biggs's operation "controlled the marijuana market in NYC”. damn nyc, we're facing a drought.

[pic - click to view]

lmao at this nygga getting caught by his momma.
 7 years ago '04        #16
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,532 | Props total: 275 275
That's why he stayed out the spot light.
 10-15-2010, 12:44 PM         #17
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well, Hopefully those Masters to "Reasonable Doubt" that he and Dame refused to give back to Jay help him with his bail...

7 years ago '05        #18
space
space
 Mike Nitty said:

me

Told yo pimp...no disrespect or nothing like that but they can't let the s**t go...don't matter how much cake they got the more cake that got the more discreet they becom...Biggs just let himself become infiltrated
thats different though my man, I see what your saying but it's kinda apples and oranges based on situations.. 50 worth 400milly,and inking a new deal every year.. Biggs likely isn't even worth a mil at this point he's probably just as broke as dame, since Jay left them n*ggas high and dry.. Thats the ONLY reason why I can see him doing something as small time as this is out of desperation..
 7 years ago '10        #19
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
Whats 177 lbs on the federal sentencing guideline? I don't recall the chart off hand but I remember you needing a lot of weed to get any significant (10 years) fed jail time..I'm talking like 1,000 lbs of something like that.

This is where the federal law becomes extremely severe. The sale of anything less than 50 Kilograms of marijuana (which is obviously the majority of cases by far) is punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a whopping $250,000 fine. Selling more than 50 Kilograms is generally something that is relegated to the criminal underworld, but the penalties get exponentially worse:

■50-100 Kilos distribution/cultivation: Up to 20 years in prison, with a $1,000,000 fine
■100-1000 Kilos distribution/cultivation: Mandatory 5 years, up to 40 years in prison, with a fine of $2,000,000
■1000 Kilos+ distribution/cultivation: 10 years to Life in prison, with a $4,000,000 fine
What's more, distribution of anything over 5 grams to a minor (under 21 years of age, not 18), OR within 1,000 feet of a school, housing project, youth center, video arcade, public pool, or playground automatically doubles all the punishments listed above (both jail time and fines).

Surprisingly, the federal government can even administer the death penalty for marijuana sale. This is reserved only for the heads of criminal enterprises that distribute more than 60 metric tons of marijuana OR annually make more than $20,000,000 from marijuana sales, but there have been past attempts to lower this threshold significantly. For instance, in 1994, it was proposed to introduce a mandatory death penalty for the second offense of smuggling only 50 grams of marijuana (the bill did not pass, however).

Last edited by hustlershope84; 10-15-2010 at 12:46 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #20
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
You know the HH police is watching and prosecuting n*gga these days.WTF...........you cant be broke........on another level its just weed..........I bet if he was paying taxes on that s**t nobody would care........how bout the FBI takes down the Cartels who are actualy getting real grimey with they s**t, then messing with some low key operation that is not hurting anybody but the IRS's pride
because most cartels hold political influences in their countries as they have paid off militaries and governments in their respective countries.. These small time a.ss rappers, are nothing more than Pawns and a nice trophy for the police departments too put on a front page to make it seem like their out there doing their job.. Its all politics..
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
127 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now