NBA Elite looking at 2011 release date

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
143 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
6394 pageviews
30 comments

beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
NBA Elite looking at 2011 release date

The fall season is usually the time of year we get two NBA video games on the market, but this year we only saw the release of NBA 2K11 and a delay for EA’s NBA Elite 11, a delay that will cost millions.

EA announced that NBA Elite 11 will be delayed and eventually released past the end of the year, so we are looking at a 2011 release date. This is terrible news for fans of the EA franchise and also for the company’s investors. Analysts have said to expect Electronic Arts’ holiday quarter revenues to drop to $1.46 billion from $1.52 billion. The reason for that drop is the lack of nearly a million copies of their NBA franchise sold at $60.

The reason for this delay is basically two reasons, a failed advanced marketing campaign and a demo that was below par. These two reasons led EA to delay the game in the attempt to do a complete overhaul.

EA Sports President Peter Moore, in a company blog, explained that the game would benefit from more time in development.“Feedback from consumers is a very important part of the process,” Moore said. “NBA Elite had the benefit of play-testing, a demo and a lot of our own research. All that feedback revealed some concerns about gameplay polish.”

It was also made clear that if you own NBA Live 10 you will receive roster updates and other things throughout the 2010-11 season.

If you played the demo you might of noticed the major glitches, one being able to make a hook shot from anywhere on the court and the other is having your players freeze up in the center of the court with their arms pointing out and being stuck there until the end of the game. How didn’t EA notice these at all before the demo was released?

Now I know that the company is going to lose money, a lot of money, but this is a good thing. It’s great to see a company that would rather lose money than release a sub par game. I only hope that this delay gives them enough time to accomplish what they need to accomplish and don’t have to push back the game any further into 2011.

With this delay the game NBA Jam, an EA Sports game, will now be getting its own release rather being packed in with NBA Elite 2011. It will be a disc release and not a downloadable release, which were the two ideas when the delay was announced.

The game will not have all the features that the Wii version has but will have all the 2-on-2 arcade action. It will be released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in November. The date is listed as November 18 right now but that could change.

We can learn from this. If you think about it, it really was the fans that got this game delayed. If none of the fans pointed out the glitches or even complained about the game we might have had the glitch filled NBA Elite 11 already and it would have been a waste. It’s also great to see a game developer listening to its fan base and now trying to right their wrongs. I give EA a lot of credit and now maybe they can come out with a game that will wow everybody.

If they don’t, well maybe it will be the end of NBA Elite.

[pic - click to view]

The New Britain Herald : New Britain, Conn., and surrounding areas (newbritainherald.com)

30 comments for "NBA Elite looking at 2011 release date"

7 years ago '06        #2
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
Before the s**t talkers come in here, lets not forget how pathetic 2k10 was last year. If anything last year 2k10 should've been pushed back until they dropped that patch (which didn't come out until november).

After how good 2k11 is this year though, I can't imagine that too many people will be buying elite. That's probably half of the reason why they are doing a separate release of NBA Jam, to make up for lost sales.
 10-14-2010, 09:48 PM         #3
Beaker 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 7 years ago '05        #4
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
@ pre-emptive 2k hate.
 7 years ago '10        #5
aka ReeSe 6 heat pts
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 3744 3744

I'm still gonna check it out whenever/if it drops, I used to be a straight up Live player until I got put on to 2k again in 08.
 7 years ago '06        #6
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
Chevy doing that B.Pumper dance right now.
 7 years ago '04        #7
kenoe212004 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,296 | Props total: 3754 3754
When Is The NBA LIVE 10 UPDATES!!!!!!
 10-15-2010, 05:32 AM         #8
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Acticle makes EA look like angels for delaying a s**t game from a s**t franchise that has been complete s**t for years.

Gotta love the media
 7 years ago '06        #9
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 P-Hill said:
@ pre-emptive 2k hate.
about a year old game at that.
 7 years ago '06        #10
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
I bought 2k11 this year and 2k10 last year, it's not hate it's a fact
 7 years ago '05        #11
Fauby 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,899 | Props total: 3470 3470
i bought live10 last year and bought 2k11 this year and im sticking with 2k for now on. unless elite 11 (or 12) got some crazy a.ss ideas up there sleeves and find away to destroy 2k. which is not gonna happen. 2k is insane.
 7 years ago '06        #12
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,522 | Props total: 949 949
Nba live wasn't always like this. 04 and under I liked
 7 years ago '04        #13
deziking 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,533 | Props total: 5117 5117
can someone send these dumb f**ks a message and tell em that deziking does not care if you bring basketball, nfl or fifa games. Please someone, cause they are not getting the message.
 7 years ago '04        #14
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,605 | Props total: 1773 1773
i love how people wanna give ea props for delaying it, like there was any other choice. They WANTED to release it, but they knew the word of mouth about the gsame was bad, it wouldnt have sold s**t anyway! they're not stupid. Fanboys can only take so much, even they saw the game was terrible,, so no ea deserves no props. Like the guy said, im trying to figure out with all that development time they had, major glitches like that still made the demo???
 7 years ago '07        #15
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
I used to love NBA Live..I even stuck with them longer than most ppl(all the way up to 09)

But 2K is punkin these n*ggas for their lunch money right now without a f!ght.

They'll still be finishing Elite 11 while 2K12 production is underway so they are setting themselves back a lot with this.

I'm also curious to know if this will effect production on Elite 2012 bcuz working on this so long gives them less time to work on the next one..idk how video game production works tho so I could be wrong.
 7 years ago '07        #16
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
& what happens after all this delay & hype if the game is still s**tty??
 10-15-2010, 09:41 PM         #17
Sephiroth757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ starting an NBA Elite 11 season when the Final Four is going on.
 7 years ago '04        #18
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
2k lovers are forgetting 2K sports games are always glitchy pieces of s**t going back to even NFL 2k5
 7 years ago '09        #19
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,394 | Props total: 10494 10494
 Liquid-Science said:
2k lovers are forgetting 2K sports games are always glitchy pieces of s**t going back to even NFL 2k5
LOL. Not this year, pal! The only glitch is that if you save a game during mid-game, it most likely corrupts your save game. WILL be patched, but this is in the final build, not the demo that needs patching..LMAO.

[pic - click to view]

Get out of here...Really...Just stop...2K>>>>>>>>EA "ANY" day...
 7 years ago '05        #20
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 1400 1400
i want to know about the features the wii version has over the others
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
24 hours ago