Jordan: 'I could have scored 100 points' in today's NBA'

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #161
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 A.O.™ said:
No your just a moron... that doesnt know s**t about NBA.. and doesnt understand that in the 80's damn near every player on a NBA team had a mid-range jump shot... so while defenses destroyed anybody who came to the hole, so players relied on the mid-range shot.. f**king moron...
Funny thing is, in the 80's, it was perceived that defense wasn't played either..
 10-15-2010, 06:07 PM         #162
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Funny thing is, in the 80's, it was perceived that defense wasn't played either..

Youngsters dont know that the NBA hasnt changed much there have always been teams that played great d but for the most part the rest of the teams sucked a** on D. Now Jordan wants to go hamm when he got frustrated as hell with Vernon Maxwell who was about his size and he says he would score 100. Battier and Artest would give this dude a migraine. None of Jordans shots were hardly ever contested.
 10-15-2010, 06:15 PM         #163
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 malikmoore9 said:
What is his best 69 and he averaged 20 plus free throws how many free throws does he think he would get in todays game.

jordan at the age of 34 shot 46.5%. that is what a PRIME kobe bryant can't even shoot (maybe outside of 2-3 years). THINK ABOUT THAT.

02-03 was michael's last year in the league. he shot 44.5%. he was ' 39.

02-03 kobe shot 45.1% (tmac the best scorer than year shot 45% also).

allen iverson scored 60 and he doesn't have 3pt range. tmac scored 62 and that was with him missing 14 free throws and running out of gas (or else he would have scratched 70 points).

are those guys better offensive players than MJ?

All it takes is ONE GAME and imo he can drop 100 with no hand checking
 10-15-2010, 06:19 PM         #164
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jordan at the age of 34 shot 46.5%. that is what a PRIME kobe bryant can't even shoot (maybe outside of 2-3 years). THINK ABOUT THAT.

02-03 was michael's last year in the league. he shot 44.5%. he was ' 39.

02-03 kobe shot 45.1% (tmac the best scorer than year shot 45% also).

allen iverson scored 60 and he doesn't have 3pt range. tmac scored 62 and that was with him missing 14 free throws and running out of gas (or else he would have scratched 70 points).

are those guys better offensive players than MJ?

All it takes is ONE GAME and imo he can drop 100 with no hand checking
Jordans 69 came in an overtime game in the fast pace high scoring NBA t mac and iversons scoring barrage is more impressive than Jordan's because they all came in regulation. Jordan was never more than 18 ft from the basket so higher fg% doesn't impress me young buck.
 10-15-2010, 06:19 PM         #165
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CaliIsActive said:
So there mid range game is better then player in 2010 who supposedly can get to the hoop with ease and get touch fouls?

Stop it defenses were terrible in the 80's

NO. Defenders are bigger, faster, stronger etc..
And zone defenses which were illegal in Jordans time prevents 1 player from just getting to the hoop with ease..

Jordans numbers would have fell if he played today..
No Hornaceks, Mark Prices, Dan Marjele to beast on
f**king idot Mark Price didnt guard Jordan, that was Craig Ehlo getting r*ped... you dont know the difference between the physical nature of the game then, the defense schemes werent the same but a player could get clobbered and probably get no call... Like I said Slime stfu you dont know what you talking about. And defenders are not bigger, faster, stronger, they the same size as the offensive players dumb a.ss... And yes the players in the 80s shot better, hence why they scored more points...
 10-15-2010, 06:20 PM         #166
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CaliIsActive said:

NO. Defenders are bigger, faster, stronger etc..
And zone defenses which were illegal in Jordans time prevents 1 player from just getting to the hoop with ease..

Jordans numbers would have fell if he played today..
No Hornaceks, Mark Prices, Dan Marjele to beast on
I dont care how big, fast or strong you are when you can put 2 hands as a defender on a offensive player that is extremely difficult to score against.

And why do you act like nba teams play zone defense like syracuse A lot of teams dont play zone and if they do its in stretches it took phx until game 3 to swallow they pride and switch up there defense

Lets not get off topic so when kobe dropped a 81 the raptors played no zone on top of that they didnt even double team him!

The backcourt for the raptors was jalen rose, mike james and morris peterson lol

Last edited by ktbballplaya; 10-15-2010 at 06:27 PM..
 10-15-2010, 06:22 PM         #167
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**king idot Mark Price didnt guard Jordan, that was Craig Ehlo getting r*ped... you dont know the difference between the physical nature of the game then, the defense schemes werent the same but a player could get clobbered and probably get no call... Like I said Slime stfu you dont know what you talking about. And defenders are not bigger, faster, stronger, they the same size as the offensive players dumb a.ss... And yes the players in the 80s shot better, hence why they scored more points...
See the problem with you young you tube watchers is you think the whole NBA was like the Pistons not every team clobbered people and by the time Jordan became his airness you couldnt look at him sideways without getting a foul so how does defense matter anyway when the rules are gestured toward him.
 10-15-2010, 06:27 PM         #168
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
My brother we not talking about defense as much of the physical nature..

I'll try this analogy, ever played ball in a park against old heads, and you get to the hole and you get hit and call foul and n*ggas dont respect the call, because it was some pus*y touch and you called foul cause you missed the shot... that was the 80's/90's...

Then you play go to the park and play with the finesse players who only go to the hole when their is nobody there, they dribble around for a hour til they get a clear lane to the hole, and then they go to the hole and get hit and wanna call foul, and sit there and cry til you respect their call... thats NOW.. the 2000's..

It doesnt mean that defenses were better or worst, but the physical part of the game was different.

Like the Pistons said "Nobody was just coming to the hole on us, we had bruisers waiting for them in the lane"
 10-15-2010, 06:31 PM         #169
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 malikmoore9 said:
Jordans 69 came in an overtime game in the fast pace high scoring NBA t mac and iversons scoring barrage is more impressive than Jordan's because they all came in regulation. Jordan was never more than 18 ft from the basket so higher fg% doesn't impress me young buck.
lol are you serious the 3 point line is about 23 feet..

So your telling bc he was 18 ft away making jumper after jumper that doesnt impress you hahah

My point about the tmac and iverson is what makes you think the way officiating has changed that jordan couldnt do what iverson and tmac did? Are you saying there better offensive players than him

BC its obvious that David Stern has changed the game and like I said earlier its easier for guards to score under these current rules
 7 years ago '04        #170
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 ktbballplaya said:
I dont care how big, fast or strong you are when you can put 2 hands on a defender that is extremely difficult to score against.

And why do you act like nba teams play zone defense like syracuse A lot of teams dont play zone and if they do its in stretches it took phx until game 3 to swallow they pride and switch up there defense
But that's where the hand checking gets misinterpreted.

You still can't impede a player's progress or use them as leverage.

People act like the NBA in the 80s and 90s was a shoving match where it was a bunch of holding and players would have to grin and bear it. That's simply not the case..

And the biggest part of allowing zone defenses (in my opinion) is that it allows for teams to develop complex schemes that just playing man on man wouldn't allow. I've never seen a team play strictly zone for an entire game, but every single team now runs defensive schemes with zone principles.

For example in the finals, the Celtics would often run a trap on Kobe near half court with Garnett so that he wouldn't be able to initiate the triangle offense from the point guard position (which was his most effective).

Or the Lakers would often (mostly in 08) leave Rondo almost unguarded by a single man, but shift their zone towards him so that if he didn't get the ball, he'd still be contested. Little folds like those are some things that make zone schemes more effective than just man-to-man. You can now shift your zone to account for weak defenders or superior offensive players who are dominating. With man defenses, you essentially have to be within arms length of a defender.
 10-15-2010, 06:31 PM         #171
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 malikmoore9 said:
See the problem with you young you tube watchers is you think the whole NBA was like the Pistons not every team clobbered people and by the time Jordan became his airness you couldnt look at him sideways without getting a foul so how does defense matter anyway when the rules are gestured toward him.
Knicks... I dont watch youtube my man, from 1991 I watched every Jordan game that was televised in NY.
 10-15-2010, 06:34 PM         #172
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Knicks... I dont watch youtube my man, from 1991 I watched every Jordan game that was televised in NY
And like I stated there were few teams that played defense like the Pistons the knicks being one of them. Lets not act like Jordan played against defenses like them all the time.
 10-15-2010, 06:39 PM         #173
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol are you serious the 3 point line is about 23 feet.
The line was 22 ft when Jordan played. Now is Jordan hitting 46% from 18 feet impressive not really it is the main basis on why I dont think he could get 100 in todays game. Zone defenses would be played to his side. Sooner or later he would have to shoot from a longer distance. But back to the 69 this was done in the fast break NBA. The game has slowed down alot which means he has to come down and set up the triangle and score almost everytime he touches the rock.
 7 years ago '04        #174
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 A.O.™ said:
My brother we not talking about defense as much of the physical nature..

I'll try this analogy, ever played ball in a park against old heads, and you get to the hole and you get hit and call foul and n*ggas dont respect the call, because it was some pus*y touch and you called foul cause you missed the shot... that was the 80's/90's...

Then you play go to the park and play with the finesse players who only go to the hole when their is nobody there, they dribble around for a hour til they get a clear lane to the hole, and then they go to the hole and get hit and wanna call foul, and sit there and cry til you respect their call... thats NOW.. the 2000's..

It doesnt mean that defenses were better or worst, but the physical part of the game was different.

Like the Pistons said "Nobody was just coming to the hole on us, we had bruisers waiting for them in the lane"
I don't need an analogy man.
The physicality of the 80s and 90s is so unnecessarily overstated that it's become stuff of legend. Let me make it clear that it WAS more physical, BUT all of these fouls today were were still fouls in those days.

When you're talking about physicality, you're talking about intimidation (mostly teams trying to do this with Jordan). They're saying; you may get the call and go to the line, but this will happen every single time you drive to the rim.

The biggest difference now is that they're quicker to call flagrant fouls when there's malicious intent. And that's completely understandable when there's hundreds of millions in contracts at stake.

I'm not saying defense is at it's all time best now (because it isn't), but the era where Jordan played wasn't exactly a great defensive era either..
 10-15-2010, 06:41 PM         #175
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 malikmoore9 said:
And like I stated there were few teams that played defense like the Pistons the knicks being one of them. Lets not act like Jordan played against defenses like them all the time.
But they were all PHYSICAL, is my point.. The Knicks and Pistons had players just to foul, other teams didnt have that luxury.. But the Pacers were another team that used to beat Jordan up, Reggie wasnt no chump. I cant just keep naming all the teams off the top of my head because its almost 20 years of NBA viewing for me that we are talking about.. Its hard to remember ALL THE TOUGH DEFENSES of 15-20 years ago...
 10-15-2010, 06:41 PM         #176
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So your telling bc he was 18 ft away making jumper after jumper that doesnt impress you hahah
Honestly his old teammate in Washington Rip Hamilton would k!ll Jordan in a game of shootout from 18 ft. is it still that impressive to you?
 10-15-2010, 06:45 PM         #177
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.O.™ said:

exactly

Total points by an entire team means nothing when the majority of those points were coming from the low block.

John Stockton would leave bruises on opposing guards. Ribcages were completely bruised and beaten because of the handchecking that was allowed at the time. Joe Dumars could grab a fist full of jersey and steer offensive players everywhere they didn't want to go.
 10-15-2010, 06:48 PM         #178
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 malikmoore9 said:
Honestly his old teammate in Washington Rip Hamilton would k!ll Jordan in a game of shootout from 18 ft. is it still that impressive to you?
This n*gga said in a game of shootout

You making me a laugh over here Real Talk
 10-15-2010, 06:52 PM         #179
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This n*gga said in a game of shootout

You making me a laugh over here Real Talk
For real you have never played shoot out?

Its a game for people who have a jumpshot and the person who misses loses the game. just watch white men can't jump then you will understand.. young man
 7 years ago '07        #180
castiloni 
space
space
space
$473 | Props total: 40 40
he could score 100 a hundred just as kobe got 81 and will 100...............that was not his focus.... david robinson also had a big game where his teammate gave him the ball he had about 72.......mike, then kobe, hell wilt is not considered in the top 3 people to ever play the game......or 5.....most of u none hoopers and reporters say too much stupid stuff.....but you dont know no better.....call yall no stats......
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago