NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #141
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
Lol u furious?

Look b...jordan played in an era where teams scored more in general than they do now...and the best he could do was drop 69...if you place him in todays game with bigger stronger defenders and a slower paced game he isn't gonna score more

It's really quite simple...jordan already got all the callsanyway...he's not gonna get to the line THIRTY more times to get to 100
 10-15-2010, 08:23 AM         #142
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReggieA said:
In his prime, he would, he would set the record for most free throws made and attempted in the history the way the NBA is called now. You breathe on a superstar and he is at the line

In his late 40's he would average between 15-20, scoring 100 right now is less than a 10% chance. If you lived during the 90's he was a mid 80's free throw shooter, but a slightly below average 3 point shooter, give me Jordan from 96-98 when his jump shot was more consistent. I think Jordan from 96-98 has the best shot because his perimeter game was more on point than anytime in his career.
Congratulations for the stupid post on Sportscenter History

Is this n*gga serious? There is a 10% chance.... as in 1 in 10 or roughly 8 games out of the season that MJ old crusty bell bottom jean wearing a.ss could drop 100? f**k outt here jordan couldn't even drop 20 points in a game this ain't 2001 anymore homie. How the f**k he gonna average 20 You really put this n*gga as the holy grail nicca turning back the hands n time and s**t
 7 years ago '04        #143
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 Main Event said:
Over/Under 4 Pages

easy money
 10-15-2010, 11:55 AM         #144
Omarion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**king Kobe Stans are idiots

They had handchecks back in the day. Handchecks make defense so much easier to keep a defender next to you. Today No handchecks are allowed. Jordan would have 100 just off the mid range game. the game is easy to score. Thats y JJ Red!ck can drop 30 on you these days!
 10-15-2010, 02:27 PM         #145
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When your the GOAT at one of the most hardest/popular sports you can say anythin u want ....but that would be quite a challenge for the GOAT. Can you picture havin to do dat in 2K11 on one of the GOAT's challenges....oh and did i mention Jordan is the GOAT???
 7 years ago '04        #146
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
 Gadd said:

[pic - click to view]

In the buildup to the release of the NBA 2K11 video game, Chicago Bulls legend Michael Jordan (who is prominently featured in the game, and in the advertising hyping up the game), sat down with USA Today's Game Hunters blog to discuss Michael Jordan.

This snippet stood out:

Yeah.

Michael Jordan's the greatest player ever. His presence on my hometown team is the reason I do what I do for a living, and I'd be one of the dozens to go broke in betting against him. But I'm betting against him. He wouldn't have gotten 100. He needed overtime to make it to 69 points, once, and that was his career high.

And, yes, in a league with a few more possessions per game, and in a world without overt hand-checking, yes, Michael Jordan would have scored more in this era than he actually did in the 1980s and 1990s.

But he wouldn't have scored 100. Why? Because Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game was an absolute farce.

Wilt was a 7-2 dominant force going up against a 6-10 backup center on the New York Knicks back in 1962. He was able to put up 63 shots and attempt 32 free throws mainly because the pace was so, so much faster back in that era, and because his Philadelphia Warriors team was intentionally fouling the Knicks down the stretch in order to get Wilt the ball every time down court in a contest that was a 16-point game at the end of the first quarter.

It was an absolute joke of a "contest," and though Wilt is to be commended for his brilliance, there's a reason why nobody has come very close in the 48 years since Wilt's 100-point game.

The closest? Kobe Bryant(notes), in a performance that I think was more impressive than Wilt's, mainly because he wasn't a man amongst boys (just an MVP-level performer, playing against a pretty crummy team in the Toronto Raptors), and because 90 percent of his points came in competitive action. His Lakers (beyond Kobe, they were very, very bad back then) were losing through 2 1/2 quarters, and until the final couple of minutes, the Lakers needed every one of Kobe's 81 points.

On top of that, Bryant made 7-13 3-pointers on his way to 81. That's the quickest way toward 100, these days, and Jordan was never much of a 3-point shooter -- 29 percent career, when you take away the nearly 2 1/2 seasons Jordan played with the shorter 22-foot 3-point line. Sure, hand-checks would send you to the line more often, but that many times? Enough to get to 100?

It's OK to "just" be the best ever, MJ. It's OK to be the all-around player you were. And it's OK to wonder if you could top Kobe's 81. But 100 points? Who cares? Wilt's night was impressive, but it was an aberration. A freak show. A gimmick, and not entirely the proudest moment in this league's history (again, the Warriors fouled the Knicks to get the ball back!).

It's OK, MJ. They're still making video games about you. Nobody's forgotten anything.

Jordan is the GOAT, but come on...
yall lil kids k!ll me talking that BS
sit down and watch

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #147
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,692 | Props total: 13225 13225
Too bad he isn't...
 7 years ago '06        #148
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,531 | Props total: 6775 6775
more jordan slurping
LOL@jordan groupies dissing Kobe groupies
 10-15-2010, 04:51 PM         #149
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is where we reach the pinnacle where GOATS start passing torches. This dude is defending his stance as the best by bringing up another players accomplishments. What part of the game is that he must not come on BX daily cause Jordan nut huggers bring up his greatness and stats daily. But since he feels the need it just goes to show how great Kobe's career has truly been that Jordan feels one performance overshadows everything he has done for the game. Or does he feel like if someone asked him who would win between him and Kobe one on one in both their primes if he could truly say yes.. Hmmm
 10-15-2010, 05:08 PM         #150
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 malikmoore9 said:
This is where we reach the pinnacle where GOATS start passing torches. This dude is defending his stance as the best by bringing up another players accomplishments. What part of the game is that he must not come on BX daily cause Jordan nut huggers bring up his greatness and stats daily. But since he feels the need it just goes to show how great Kobe's career has truly been that Jordan feels one performance overshadows everything he has done for the game. Or does he feel like if someone asked him who would win between him and Kobe one on one in both their primes if he could truly say yes.. Hmmm
Now Kobe can beat Jordan 1 on 1...
 10-15-2010, 05:14 PM         #151
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Now Kobe can beat Jordan 1 on 1...
You laughing but Jordan gotta be questioning his self on this one cause all he can bring up is 81 points like it's stuck in his head. The funny thing about it is Kobe would have drilled mark Price for at least a bill seeing as though it was all man to man d
 10-15-2010, 05:29 PM         #152
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 malikmoore9 said:
You laughing but Jordan gotta be questioning his self on this one cause all he can bring up is 81 points like it's stuck in his head. The funny thing about it is Kobe would have drilled mark Price for at least a bill seeing as though it was all man to man d
What are you talking about when did he bring up the 81 points?
 10-15-2010, 05:34 PM         #153
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 malikmoore9 said:
n*gga do you have a hard time reading? Jordan didnt mention Kobe's 81, the person who wrote the article did... Jordan simply said that since the game is not as physical as it was when he played and he scored what he did, that in todays NBA where contact is frowned upon he would probably score 100... also if Jordan was jealous of Kobe's 81, he would have said something along the lines that "I could score 81" he said he would score "100" that was not a shot at Kobe, but at Wilt..
 10-15-2010, 05:35 PM         #154
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What are you talking about when did he bring up the 81 points?
Why would Jordan talk about scoring 100 in today's game its a subliminal shot at Kobe's 81 cause it was a feat he couldnt say that he did. But Jordan fans will take it as they may... But dude knows in the back of his mind that there will be a day when he will have to say that Kobe Bryant was the best to ever do it.
 10-15-2010, 05:39 PM         #155
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Jordan wanted Wilt's record he could have taken it as many nights as he went at Mark Price and Danny Ainge 100 was easy for him and they could have all been dunks. Even though ya'll may not know Jordan does. He stutters everytime a kid asks him who would have won a game between him and Kobe.
 10-15-2010, 05:42 PM         #156
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 malikmoore9 said:
Why would Jordan talk about scoring 100 in today's game its a subliminal shot at Kobe's 81 cause it was a feat he couldnt say that he did. But Jordan fans will take it as they may... But dude knows in the back of his mind that there will be a day when he will have to say that Kobe Bryant was the best to ever do it.
The insecurities of Kobe fans is hilarious

Lets read the quote again

How has the game changed from your playing days? It's less physical and the rules have changed, obviously. Based on these rules, if I had to play with my style of play, I'm pretty sure I would have fouled out or I would have been at the free throw line pretty often and I could have scored 100 points.
Jordan rarely talks about himself or boast about his accomplishments since he retired expect for the hall of fame of speech and now he says something and kobe fans get offended because they think there talking about him....
 10-15-2010, 05:47 PM         #157
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 malikmoore9 said:
Even though ya'll may not know Jordan does. He stutters everytime a kid asks him who would have won a game between him and Kobe.

please show me some evidence that you discovered I REALLY WANT TO KNOW.
 10-15-2010, 05:48 PM         #158
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jordan rarely talks about himself or boast about his accomplishments since he retired expect for the hall of fame of speech and now he says something and kobe fans get offended because they think there talking about him....
What is his best 69 and he averaged 20 plus free throws how many free throws does he think he would get in todays game.
 10-15-2010, 05:51 PM         #159
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CaliIsActive said:
The funny this is Jordan STANS continue to ignore the 110 ppg game league average on 49% shooting/

No your just a moron... that doesnt know s**t about NBA.. and doesnt understand that in the 80's damn near every player on a NBA team had a mid-range jump shot... so while defenses destroyed anybody who came to the hole, so players relied on the mid-range shot.. f**king moron...
 10-15-2010, 06:01 PM         #160
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CaliIsActive said:
The funny this is Jordan STANS continue to ignore the 110 ppg game league average on 49% shooting/

The rules today favor scoring by guards. So you would expect Jordan to score a higher percentage of the points his team scored. I would also expect him to score more points than his career high.

Talented scorers like Kobe, Jordan can score a lot of points. Especially if they take almost every shot (which Kobe does every now and then). However that is not the way to win games. So could he score 100 points in a single game, possibly.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now