Jordan: 'I could have scored 100 points' in today's NBA'

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #241
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,459 | Props total: 65 65
 ginobili 20 said:
your a clown lol.... trying to dis-credit teams that were well put together, in order to make a certain individuial look better It's not about a.ssembling the most talented squad on paper, it's about building around the FRANCHISE players... la and chicago both did it nicely... hence them winning rings... and yes having high IQ players is important... they know thier roles and do all the dirty work, that somebody like U wouldn't understand... every player I mentioned made HUGE shots in HUGE games, like the FINALS lol.... makes note that your one of these new school fake online black activist that knows s**t about basketball
I'm not saying Jordan's teams did not play well together, s**t he demanded that. What I'm saying is that Kobe could not have done what Jordan did with the teams he played with, nor could he have done what Lebron has done with the teams he's played with.
 7 years ago '07        #242
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1354 1354
kobe and the lakers have never encountered bitter rivals and playoff series like:
bulls vs knicks
bulls vs. pistons
bulls vs. cavs
bulls vs. hawks

come on akademiks, anybody who remembers those types of games would say mj had it tougher
 7 years ago '04        #243
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
Is that really what Jordan has come to be, someone who talks about ifs and what he could do nowadays, that's just lame, if u could do it now, why couldn't you then, fade into the abyss already and stop poking your head in the door, you retired awhile ago, let the current guys leave their legacy u salty a.ss old man
 7 years ago '06        #244
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
I'm not saying Jordan's teams did not play well together, s**t he demanded that. What I'm saying is that Kobe could not have done what Jordan did with the teams he played with, nor could he have done what Lebron has done with the teams he's played with.
all right, but then were bringing up the whole "what if thing"..... bron is pretty much a pg in a sf/pf's body.... he has great playmaking ability, so it would make sense to surround him with shooters right??... and cats who played defense...pretty sure cleveland was highly ranked on the defensive side of things threwout james stay thier... granted mo will didn't show up in the postseason... but he was highly regarded by james and clevland fans before that... so u can't really just switch players on teams... cause they are constructed differently to fit thier strong spots... I personaly don't think kobe would of won 6 rings playing on the bulls, that is a better comparision then james though.... kobe has a much better mid range game then james, so he would mesh better playing with a low post threat like gasol... not that james couldn't, but we will never know... jordan never had a big, who could play with his back to the basket like kobe, I'll give u that... but then like I said before, jordan didn't really need it

this topic will go on forever lol.... since were comparing jordan to the newer school players.. we could do the same and say would jordan have won 6 rings, if his prime was in the mid 80's? with the pistons and celtics teams in the east.... let alone the lakers teams, if they reached the finals
 7 years ago '06        #245
Gadd 47 heat pts47 OP
space
space
$2,079 | Props total: 1 1
 finishim said:
Is that really what Jordan has come to be, someone who talks about ifs and what he could do nowadays, that's just lame, if u could do it now, why couldn't you then, fade into the abyss already and stop poking your head in the door, you retired awhile ago, let the current guys leave their legacy u salty a.ss old man
word

there's a reason you don't hear about other great players discussing all these what if's, s**t is lame
 7 years ago '04        #246
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3473 3473
 jhj26 said:
kobe and the lakers have never encountered bitter rivals and playoff series like:
bulls vs knicks
bulls vs. pistons
bulls vs. cavs
bulls vs. hawks

come on akademiks, anybody who remembers those types of games would say mj had it tougher
Spurs?
Kings?
Blazers?
Celtics?

MJ faced easier teams. Point, blank, period. Nobody has ever gotten so much credit for dominating a watered down era.
 7 years ago '08        #247
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 akademiks said:
Spurs?
Kings?
Blazers?
Celtics?

MJ faced easier teams. Point, blank, period. Nobody has ever gotten so much credit for dominating a watered down era.
Come on man 90's was the best era of basketball
 7 years ago '04        #248
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jade Yorker said:
Come on man 90's was the best era of basketball
Wrong.

Please next time stop making your decisions based off NBC theme songs, Gatorade commercials and Nike commercials.

The 80s was the best era of basketball, and this is coming from a person who's watched a large part of the 80's, most of the 90's and all of the 00s.

You haven't even been watching basketball for all of the 2000s, so just stop it man.
 7 years ago '06        #249
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 akademiks said:
Spurs?
Kings?
Blazers?
Celtics?

so the question would be then, how would the 2010 lakers matchup against the 80's teams as opposed to 96 bulls teams...

personaly don't think mj would have 6 rings, but also don't think kobe would have either

I'll say the celtics 2008 team woulda prolly rapped the sonics and blazers teams the bulls beat.... maybe even the lakers team with elden,vlade, and a magic n worthy that seen better days...

then the rule changes would have to be taken into consideration as well
 7 years ago '08        #250
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 akademiks said:
Wrong.

Please next time stop making your decisions based off NBC theme songs, Gatorade commercials and Nike commercials.

The 80s was the best era of basketball, and this is coming from a person who's watched a large part of the 80's, most of the 90's and all of the 00s.

You haven't even been watching basketball for all of the 2000s, so just stop it man.
What the hell I never watch commercials...You tellin me 90's era was watered down?? More than the s**tty era we just passed??
 7 years ago '04        #251
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jade Yorker said:
What the hell I never watch commercials...You tellin me 90's era was watered down?? More than the s**tty era we just passed??
The 90s was THE most watered down era since the NBA/ABA merger.
 10-16-2010, 11:17 PM         #252
domo360206 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kobe and lebron both could of scored 200 points by themselfs in jordans era.....
 10-17-2010, 06:20 AM         #253
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rubix said:
Dallas had the 4th best defense in the league that year. Try again.
trust me your the only person in the world that believes that.
 10-17-2010, 06:23 AM         #254
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
Spurs?
Kings?
Blazers?
Celtics?

Come on man... New Jersey, Indiana, Philadelphia, Orlando...

Lets be serious..

Lakers only played 2 good teams in the Finals... That was Detroit, and Boston twice.
 10-17-2010, 09:35 AM         #255
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Akademiks lost...
 7 years ago '04        #256
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 JoeyTheGod said:
Akademiks lost...
Thanks for your input.

Next time I give a f**k what you think, I'll let you know.

Now for the 80th time, get off my d!ck.

A.O.™ said:
Come on man... New Jersey, Indiana, Philadelphia, Orlando...

Lets be serious..

Lakers only played 2 good teams in the Finals... That was Detroit, and Boston twice.
So?

When MJ played LA, the Lakers were injured. Worthy and Scott missed games, Magic may or may not have had HIV, and they were coached by Mike Dunleavy.

Portland was mediocre besides Drexler and Porter.

Phoenix played less defense than they do today (is that even possible?)

Seattle was very good

Utah played no defense either. Their depth went about as far as an old John Stockton and Karl Malone in his prime.
 7 years ago '09        #257
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,544 | Props total: 87 87
no denying kobe is one of the greats but didn't kobe first start getting rings with shaq
 10-17-2010, 12:09 PM         #258
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
Thanks for your input.

Next time I give a f**k what you think, I'll let you know.

Now for the 80th time, get off my d!ck.

So?

When MJ played LA, the Lakers were injured. Worthy and Scott missed games, Magic may or may not have had HIV, and they were coached by Mike Dunleavy.

Portland was mediocre besides Drexler and Porter.

Phoenix played less defense than they do today (is that even possible?)

Seattle was very good

Utah played no defense either. Their depth went about as far as an old John Stockton and Karl Malone in his prime.

Come on man.... New Jersey 4-0, Philly 4-1 (Only game you lost in the playoffs that year), and Indiana was the worst series ever... MJ did not have it as easy as Kobe... Plus the first 3 rings he had the most dominant center in the league... Kobe had the easiest career in the Finals, your crazy even arguing that... And Orlando was also one of the s**ttiest teams to ever play in the Finals...

Your argument of Utah not playing defense, and the Phoenix argument is also invalid... Both of those teams in all 3 series (Utah Twice) atleast won 2 games... I made 100 dollars alone on the Lakers vs Nets that the Lakers would sweep... Come on man.. You be going HARD trying to discredit Jordan... and this is one you cant win.
 7 years ago '04        #259
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 A.O.™ said:
Come on man.... New Jersey 4-0, Philly 4-1 (Only game you lost in the playoffs that year), and Indiana was the worst series ever... MJ did not have it as easy as Kobe... Plus the first 3 rings he had the most dominant center in the league... Kobe had the easiest career in the Finals, your crazy even arguing that... And Orlando was also one of the s**ttiest teams to ever play in the Finals...

Your argument of Utah not playing defense, and the Phoenix argument is also invalid... Both of those teams in all 3 series (Utah Twice) atleast won 2 games... I made 100 dollars alone on the Lakers vs Nets that the Lakers would sweep... Come on man.. You be going HARD trying to discredit Jordan... and this is one you cant win.
I never said NJ & Philly were great teams. But to act as if the Lakers had no competition because they played some sorry teams in the finals is pretty ignorant. The Lakers had some of the hardest series' when trying to get to the finals.

And I don't think a team winning x amount of games in the series qualifies as them being good or bad. The Lakers were very dominant in the 01 playoffs, can you hold that against them?

Utah and Phoenix winning 2 games doesn't really mean anything. The Lakers' first 3 finals were easy, but 3 of their last 4 finals series' were against very difficult teams, and better defensive teams than any that MJ faced in the finals.

NO RELIGION said:
that n*gga would have to catch shooting fouls ATLEAST 4x's in each quarter and hit every free throw

4 shooting fouls per quarter
2 free throws (assuming it's not behind the arc)
=
8 extra points x 4 quarters = 32

+
__

it's possible
That's 32 free throws ON TOP of the 23 he took in that game.
 10-17-2010, 01:36 PM         #260
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
Utah and Phoenix winning 2 games doesn't really mean anything. The Lakers' first 3 finals were easy, but 3 of their last 4 finals series' were against very difficult teams, and better defensive teams than any that MJ faced in the finals.
2 of the last 3.. (both Celtics series)... I caked up that Orlando series!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
200 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago