Jordan: 'I could have scored 100 points' in today's NBA'

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
171 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
124 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #181
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2834 2834
rofl

this n*gga said he been watching games since 91

but acting like an expert on the 80's

f**k up. . .
 10-15-2010, 06:53 PM         #182
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:

The physicality of the 80s and 90s is so unnecessarily overstated that it's become stuff of legend. Let me make it clear that it WAS more physical, BUT all of these fouls today were were still fouls in those days.
This is very untrue regular foul calls back then are considered flagrant fouls today and suspension. David Stern changed the game its obvious just by how he rigs games with referees and if you dont believe he has been manipulating games look how about hes handling the technical issue.. The game is not the same.
 10-15-2010, 06:57 PM         #183
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 malikmoore9 said:
For real you have never played shoot out?

Its a game for people who have a jumpshot and the person who misses loses the game. just watch white men can't jump then you will understand.. young man
Please keep entertaining me with your basketball knowledge
 10-15-2010, 06:57 PM         #184
A.O. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
rofl

this n*gga said he been watching games since 91

but acting like an expert on the 80's

f**k up. . .
Not the 80's... 80's teams that were still entact somewhat in the 90's when I got into ball, and watching old games classic games I got a understanding of the game was played at the time... relax homie.
 10-15-2010, 07:01 PM         #185
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he could score 100 a hundred just as kobe got 81 and will 100...............that was not his focus.... david robinson also had a big game where his teammate gave him the ball he had about 72.......mike, then kobe, hell wilt is not considered in the top 3 people to ever play the game......or 5.....most of u none hoopers and reporters say too much stupid stuff.....but you dont know no better.....call yall no stats......
How was Jordan's focus not scoring when he avaeraged 37 points in a season?
 7 years ago '04        #186
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 ktbballplaya said:
This is very untrue regular foul calls back then are considered flagrant fouls today and suspension. David Stern changed the game its obvious just by how he rigs games with referees and if you dont believe he has been manipulating games look how about hes handling the technical issue.. The game is not the same.
It still takes the same to get a regular foul and go to the free throw line.. Seems like people never complained of touch fouls when MJ got them.

I said later in that post that flagrants are called quicker, but a foul today was a foul 20 years ago.

Stern has been the commisioner of the NBA for over 25 years. If the league is suddenly being manipulated now after so many years, I've got some magic beans to sell you.
 10-15-2010, 07:15 PM         #187
WestSide22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sure he could have, just like kobe was a few shots away from getting there himself.
 7 years ago '04        #188
SMBNYC 5 heat pts
space
space
$762 | Props total: 14 14
 x7eflon said:
You can't argue with the GOAT

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #189
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 WiLL i Am said:
by kobe fans cuz they are afraid that if Jordan played in this Era, the Lakers EVEN with Shaq wouldnt have sniffed ONE OF "so called kobes FIVE RINGS "

stop it 5. Shaq won the first 3
your a knicks fan, stfu loser
 10-15-2010, 07:39 PM         #190
A.O. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHOWTIME said:
your a knicks fan, stfu loser
its the truth tho... In 96 MJ swept Shaq and Penny in the ECF... and in 97 & 98.. Shaq and Kobe couldnt get pass the team Jordan would destroy for his final 2 championships...

So dont be mad... the facts are there.
 10-15-2010, 10:53 PM         #191
NYcrepa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MJ was straight incredible SO if he says he could, I believe him. The closest thing to him is Kobe. (Hov's voice) Bottomline.
 7 years ago '07        #192
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
the defense wasnt better in the 80's and 90's it was jus harder fouls from the good defensive teams which played to the mental of scorers...the defensive schemes now for the good teams are better and carried about by more athletic players and smarter coaches. Jordan actually get to the foul line less than he did back in the day. Lebron faster and stronger than Mike ever was and he couldnt score 100 if they spotted him 30 points.
 7 years ago '04        #193
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,459 | Props total: 65 65
 Cambury said:
the defense wasnt better in the 80's and 90's it was jus harder fouls from the good defensive teams which played to the mental of scorers...the defensive schemes now for the good teams are better and carried about by more athletic players and smarter coaches. Jordan actually get to the foul line less than he did back in the day. Lebron faster and stronger than Mike ever was and he couldnt score 100 if they spotted him 30 points.
This is a Sports Illustrated article from 1983, to help n*ggaz understand that Jordan ain't just the greatest player to play the game, he's the greatest athlete and hardest worker too, n*ggaz gone get they mutha f**kin mind right. If Jordan ain't the fastest n*gga I eva seen play I don't know who is, that n*gga was blazing. You lil young whipper snapper still wet behind the ear a.ss n*ggaz could have never bared witness. He was 38 and dropped 51 on these bums, I say b**ch he was 38 and dropped 51. He is yo favorite players favorite player, he's Kobes Pappy I call him Jelly Bean Jordan.

"Smith says Jordan is the hardest worker he's ever coached. In high school Jordan hustled so, he was nicknamed The Rabbit. Rabbit, run. When he enrolled at Chapel Hill, Jordan ran the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds. This fall he ran a 4.3. By running and lifting weights he has substantially built up his upper body and gained 12 pounds in two years, most of it in the shoulders."

Got Dammit he had the highest vertical ever, I say got dammit he had the highest vertical ever. Higher than all you favorite players, or whoever you think is the greatest dunker ever, even though they never jumped from the free throw line, got dammit I say they never did or even tried it cause they knew and know better. And I got the list. Salute to Randy Moss, only.

Side Note: Jordan could throw a football 65 yards. The bank is that way, take it there, and humble yourself en route.

[video - click to view]

At 6'6 his head has to be six inches above the rim to reach a 48" vertical.

[pic - click to view]

Peep that rim eye level jump shot, that's just perverted.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by God_Manifested; 10-16-2010 at 09:18 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #194
Addled Thoughts 1 heat pts
space
space
$744 | Props total: 18 18
 A.O.™ said:
Yea thats right Jordan wouldnt score 100 because these defenses are geared to stop 1 man like Lebron and Kobe, n*gga you a f**king idiot, you think defenses in Jordans era were geared to stop John Paxson, Ron Harper, BJ Armstrong... You claim your a old head, did YOU EVER watch Jordan play or were you just alive during his time in the league... Like Jordan didnt face Double and Triple teams all the time... Like they didnt send defenders over to cut off Jordans lane when he drove to the hole...

But thats how Jordan handled it, l
ook how much contact Starks and Oakley had on mike.. In todays league that play is blown dead as soon as Starks reached out and grabbed Jordans arms.

Really cause every stat in the book disagrees with that... Jordan was always the no.1 option take that into consideration and he damn near always shot 50% from the field, Kobe has always been the 2nd option and he only shot 50% from the field NEVER...

Look at Jordans FG %

Look at Kobe's FG%

Stupid n*ggas i swear man...

Idiots like yourself wont understand the difference of the game today and back in the day, you just throw up these stupid "110 Points a game" "49% from the field" s**t.. and then think n*ggas didnt play defense....
This post ethered this thread. None of y'all Stans will admit it, but Jordan put up 55 on a Knicks team that was considered one of the best defenses in recent history after taking a year off. He put up 50 when he was 40, which is still considered basically the same era as now. When there was hand checking and playing rough D -- and if you don't know, look up some Bad Boy's Pistons Defense against Jordan and tell me that s**t goes on now, if you do you're an idiot, biased or blind -- and he still averaged 37-PPG. Honestly, Kobe hogged the ball that game, caught fire and was playing probably the worst team in the league at that point. If Jordan caught fire like that in a NBA game today, he'd at least put up 81. Jordan had a better fade away. Jordan shot a higher field goal percentage -- even when he was old his % was up there with Kobe if not higher -- and he would shoot more free throws.

Now when Kobe wins Defensive Player of the Year or averages 35, 8 and 8. You let me know. Until then, he hasn't won s**t without a big man. When he didn't have a big man, the Suns were knocking him out in six. Since they couldn't clone Shaq they stole Gasol from the Grizz, got Bynum and Odom. You put those three together and Kobe is still riding big men to a title. If you don't believe me, watch game seven of last year. Pau was your team's MVP. Kobe wasn't. He was brickin' up shots left and right. Jordan never played a Finals game like that. Also, Jordan never lost a Finals series. Kobe has. Also, Jordan never cried like a b**ch after he lost in the Playoffs. He's a real man. Oh ... Jordan never r*ped anyone either.

One thing I hate more in life than idiots or racist people, Kobe stans. Now suck a d!ck.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Addled Thoughts; 10-16-2010 at 05:49 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #195
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 346 346
i swear MJ is a jackass

he can ball but s**t... he can eat a fat d!ck too

you MJ d!ck riders swear like it was way f**kin harder back then. its exactly the opposite, sports is always evolving. now we got 7'6" motherf**kers like Yao and Pau that got sick a.ss midrange game, when back then tall motherf**kers like Shawn Bradley and Gheorghe Muresan were getting f**ked up on a regular.

don't even tell me, the NFL, MLB all have evolved. don't get me wrong either, there were amazing stand-out players back in the day that would f**k s**t up today as well like Magic, Kareem, Kemp, Dominique, Pippen, Hakeem etc... but as a whole, the league is way better now than it was back then.

of course MJ will think he can drop 100 15 years after his prime... who wouldn't? im sure Steve Novak will say the same thing 15 years from now.

International Basketball is even getting crazier.

I must admit though, I do miss the centers from the 90's... Hakeem, The Admiral, a young Shaq, Ewing... they held it down.

Last edited by SyDuck; 10-16-2010 at 06:32 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #196
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2834 2834
you jordan n*ggas is truly delusional

in an era where possessions per game is alot less

you think jordan really could score 100?

think of it like this. . .suppose jordan shoots 45 times. . .on an amazing night he MIGHT could make 65% of that, and this is really stretch because after hoisting up that many shots, you not gonna make em at that clip. . .but f**k it though ima give him 30 makes out of 45

thats 60 points. . .now you tell me where the rest of the points come from?

hes not a 3 pt shooter so hes not making 12 threes or no ridiculous s**t like that

if he gets to the line alot, then he doesnt have as many regular fg attempts

so explain to me how he gets from 60 to 100. . .and even the 60 is a STRETCH

when wilt did his 100 his team scored like 170 points and had like 140 possessions. He shot 63 times and had an additional 30+ fta. NONE of that s**t is happening in todays game. These days if youre a run and gun type team you MIGHT get 115 possessions in a game.
 7 years ago '07        #197
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
$997 | Props total: 424 424
This is coming from a HUGE Michael Jordan fan. I personally think he's the greatest basketball player to ever play the game.

However, reading something like this forces me to shake my head at him. He's obviously a bit jealous of Kobe Bryant's 81. Sit your old a.ss down MJ, and don't make idiotic comments.
 7 years ago '05        #198
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
i mean its real easy to sit here and be like yea he could do it cause we all no we will never get a chance to see that s**t anyway so its w.e ppl on this site gonna think MJ can cure hiv and world hunger so just let them think that s**t.. Mj must of been on 2k11 and was like man i can really do this lol maybe he could maybe he couldnt but that all it will ever be maybe
 7 years ago '06        #199
seewhy14 
space
space
$1,201 | Props total: 18 18
I don't know if he could get a 100 in a game but i think he could average 40 a game for a season
 10-16-2010, 12:47 PM         #200
T Bonics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMAO yall are trippin if u dont think Jordan wouldnt of scored 100 in todays game... Jordan would of ripped apart that same raptors team kobe had 81 on and dropped 100 bills easily... ppl these days sleep on the goat too hard...smmfh
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
92 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
24 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
185 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy