6 LAWS to INCREASE your DB Chest Press in 30 seconds for GAINERS

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
24 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-07-2010, 08:54 PM         #1
7716 pageviews
21 comments

RealXtrav 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Hello comrades,

Today, I started my Dumbbell Routine of 6 sets of Rows, followed by the Chest Press. When I went to go reach for the 75lb, I picked it up and felt an uncomfortable feeling in my lower back.image It felt as if I was squating 350lb with no prior warm-up. :sadcam:(mhmm) I found that too be quite odd. Then I realized the first thing I forgot to do:sprachlos020:....After that thought I decided to write and inform everyone a simple easy to read and understand GAINERS Guide on major technique the pros forget to mention or realize. If you follow these techniques you could potential increase your gains in 30sec..either more reps or more weight.

6 LAWS of DB CHEST PRESS
by: Cedric Zebaze

LAW 1: ENGAGE YOUR CORE
DO: Tighten your core(lower back and abs) before you pick up your weights
Why: Because if you don't, comrade you will place major stress on your back

LAW 2:THE JOURNEY
DO: with your Dbs go to farthest available bench and walk with control like Chuck Norris holding a bazooka :thumbsup2:
Why: Great warm-up to get your muscles ready for action and used to the weapon you chose. Just like in the army never drop your guns. You Control Gun..the Gun doesn't control you

LAW 3:PINCH THE NUT
DO: With the DBs upright and on your thighs, Pinch your shoulders blades as if your trying to crack a walnut in the middle of your back
WHY: By activating your Rhomboids you will be using your LAts in the Chest Press..Less stress on your rotator cuff comrades..save your shoulders

LAW 4: NO Quickies
DO: Your lifting tempo with DBs should be slow(3seconds up and 3 seconds down) or (explosive fast and 3 seconds down slow)
WHY: take your time with your ladies..control the weight and know the weight. Understand why its there in the first place..if you do my friend, they will treat you right and save your ligaments image

LAW 5: NO F's
Do: Not lift to failure, lift 3 reps away from failure. You don't want to be too close to your Max when using DBs.
WHy: you could potential damage your ligaments!..Save those extra 3 reps for the next set and grab a heavier weight Comrade! image

LAW 6: Don't Drop the Soap
DO: Once completion occurs crunch up and place the DBs on your thigh and take your journey back image
Why: Pretty Simple You control your b***hes, don't let you b***hes wear you out..cause if you drop them... everyone will look at you like OOOOOOOHHH NOOOOB image..Plus it will develop your wrist strength and it will keep the gym clean.

These are my 6 LAWS OF Perfecting your DB Chest press. Please give me your criticism, questions, comments, whatever...i will respond regardless. THank you for reading :) image

21 comments for "6 LAWS to INCREASE your DB Chest Press in 30 seconds for GAINERS"

7 years ago '04        #2
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
Its pretty hard to crunch up 120 pound db's.
 10-07-2010, 11:18 PM         #3
StatisticZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol sounds good. randomness you should hear this story my 120 lb friend likes to tell about him and db pressing 150lbs in each hand.
 7 years ago '04        #4
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
DO: With the DBs upright and on your thighs, Pinch your shoulders blades as if your trying to crack a walnut in the middle of your back
WHY: By activating your Rhomboids you will be using your LAts in the Chest Press..Less stress on your rotator cuff comrades..save your shoulders

Good looking out..

I felt a bit of a strain in my shoulder for the last few weeks.. Thought it was due to my shoulder exercises as opposed to db presses.
 10-08-2010, 11:32 AM         #5
tech5c  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2. You should already be warmed up so this step is kinda unnecessary.

4. During warmup sets either of those tempos would be fine. During working sets a tempo of 3-0-1 is appropriate. What is your reasoning behind a 3-0-3 tempo?

5. Maybe I don't get where you are going here but why wouldn't you go to failure on working sets?

6. When you get up there in weights this gets pretty difficult to do and you might end up hurting yourself.
 10-08-2010, 01:46 PM         #6
RealXtrav  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tech5c said:
2. You should already be warmed up so this step is kinda unnecessary.

4. During warmup sets either of those tempos would be fine. During working sets a tempo of 3-0-1 is appropriate. What is your reasoning behind a 3-0-3 tempo?

5. Maybe I don't get where you are going here but why wouldn't you go to failure on working sets?

6. When you get up there in weights this gets pretty difficult to do and you might end up hurting yourself.

2. its Engages your traps and forearms ( just adding more challenges into the workout)

4.3/0/3 -
(1.)Ultimate control,

(2)dumbbells are not meant for explosives techniques..Kettlebells are designed and meant for explosives techniques. Read the Pavel book you posted in your ebook thread.

(3) muscles is an elastic tissue, so think of them like a rubber band. Do 10 fast tempo bodyweight squats rest for 1min30sec for 100%atp recovery and do 10 SLOW bodyweight squats you can do either one first but its much easier to lift fast than lift slow. If you want to GAIN MASS its best to incorporate SLOW TEMPOs 3/0/3 3/3/3 1/3/3 etc.. switch it up have fun with it..SHOCK Your body Stress your body for amazing growth- NO Plateau..Don't get it twisted I've done all tempos..I just never sticked to one.

I advocate the slow tempo because as NOOB or even GYM RATS you start off doing everthing fast and then you start to jerk which leads to bad form and possible injury either now or the near future.

(5) because once you reach failure maybe only in DB chest press because on the position you are on the bench( if you was on the floor different story) it places alot of stress on your rotator cuff. I know i got loose ligaments in both shoulders. WHen you reach failure your a.ssister muscles gives out then its your stabilizing muscles or vice versa.

(6) If you can chest press 100lb but can't crunch up with a 100lb on your side you shouldnt be lifting that and your core is extremely weak.. Like we as a society been doing crunches since 1st grade but majority of people still have weak cores..
 10-08-2010, 01:50 PM         #7
RealXtrav  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PAVEL--Slow, controlled movements, give you "control" strength. Fast, explosive movement require a lesser degree of control, but offer "explosive, dynamic strength"

but the DB Chest Press is not an Olympic lift/dynamic exercise
 10-08-2010, 01:51 PM         #8
RealXtrav  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:

Good looking out..

I felt a bit of a strain in my shoulder for the last few weeks.. Thought it was due to my shoulder exercises as opposed to db presses.
Its also good to do this technique when chest press benching as well.
 10-08-2010, 02:01 PM         #9
tech5c  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All very good reasoning behind what you posted.

As for tempo and failure, I guess my post was more along the lines of how I work out. I lift heavy for low reps so a 3-0-3 tempo is not really ideal for me. I might be aiming for a 3-0-1 tempo but with the weights I'm using it might look like 3-0-3. Failure is just a part of my workout. On chest day I'm only doing 6 working sets so they are all to failure.
 10-08-2010, 02:05 PM         #10
RealXtrav  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh yeah and you betrayed the law..

[video - click to view]

Last edited by RealXtrav; 10-08-2010 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: sdddd
 10-08-2010, 02:11 PM         #11
RealXtrav  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tech5c said:
All very good reasoning behind what you posted.

As for tempo and failure, I guess my post was more along the lines of how I work out. I lift heavy for low reps so a 3-0-3 tempo is not really ideal for me. I might be aiming for a 3-0-1 tempo but with the weights I'm using it might look like 3-0-3. Failure is just a part of my workout. On chest day I'm only doing 6 working sets so they are all to failure.
mhmm decent...you should switch up sometime too..

check this article out about how to increase your chin-up game not through failure, I'm actually gonna post in the forum..

7 years ago '06        #12
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
tighten up your core?
what do you mean by that
 7 years ago '04        #13
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 Manny05 said:
tighten up your core?
what do you mean by that
Keep the body "solid" or "locked in place". Not like have legs all over the place and glutes rising off the bench.
 10-10-2010, 12:09 PM         #14
RealXtrav  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the failure i was talking about was the misconception of failure that GYM RATS do...example at my gym. This big c*cky old man was using 90lb dumbbells doing a push-up then a one arm dumbbell row. Making hella noise, going fast as hell, and wasn't pulling his shoulder in in full extension. I'm looking at this dumbass like what are you doing!? He started b**ching and whining...I was two second away from giving him a CHarlie Murphy Front kick..

True Failure: When your off an inch on your form and technique. THat is true failure. I do that at all times. ESPECIALLY if you workout by yourself. Now if you have a spotter, you can and will be doing cheat reps(which is still good) with your comrade a.ssisting you in the lift. But if one arm is higher than the other.... just f8cking stop!..

Last edited by RealXtrav; 10-10-2010 at 10:20 PM..
 10-10-2010, 09:45 PM         #15
Infamous_01  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RealXtrav said:
the failure i was talking about was the misconception of failure that GYM RATS do...example at my gym. This big c*cky old man was using 90lb dumbbells doing a push-up then a one arm dumbbell row. Making hella noise, going fast as hell, and wasn't pulling his shoulder in in full extension. I'm looking at this dumbass like what are you doing!? He started b**ching and whining...I was two second away from giving him a CHarlie Murphy Front kick..

True Failure: When your off an inch on your form and technique. THat is true failure. I do that at all times. ESPECIALLY if you workout by yourself. Now if you have a spotter, you can and will be doing cheat reps(which is still good) with your comrade a.ssisting you in the left. But if one arm is higher than the other just f8cking stop!..
Lol yea thats an important point...that extra rep attempt hitting failure actually hits the CNS hard. Every now and then it happens especially with isolation exercises which is ok but its good to stop when you know you only got a rep or two left. Going to failure too often is a big mistake alot of beginners make.
 10-18-2010, 12:45 PM         #16
tech5c  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No advantage to slow eccentric movement in strength training: study

Fitness instructors who themselves are not so muscular sometimes advise serious strength athletes to train using lighter weights. Their story is that heavy weights are not so effective. Training with lighter weights, over which you have more control on the eccentric movement, will give you more progression, they say. Not so, says a study recently published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.

American researchers did an experiment with male strength athletes who had been doing weight training for at least 2 years. First the researchers determined the men’s 1RM for the bench press.

On one occasion the subjects had to lift the weights in a 2/0/2 tempo. They lifted the weight away from their chest in 2 seconds and without pausing lowered it again to their chest, also taking 2 seconds.

On the other occasion they used a 2/0/4 tempo. This time the lowering [eccentric] movement took 4 seconds.

The slower movement reduced the 1RM by 3 percent, but made the exercise more tiring. The table below shows the RPE, ratings of perceived exertion. The higher the RPE, the more tired the subjects felt.

[pic - click to view]

On another occasion the subjects did more bench press sets: first a set of 4 reps with weights at 55 percent of their 1RM, then a set of 5 reps at 60 percent of their 1RM, followed by a set of 6 reps at 65 percent of their 1RM and finally a set of as many reps as they could manage at 75 percent of their 1RM. Between sets they rested for one minute.

The 1RM was adjusted to the tempo at which the test subjects performed their movements. When the subjects used the 2/0/4 timing they did less reps in their fourth set. Because of this and also because they used lighter weights in the 2/0/4 session, the subjects exerted themselves less during the 2/0/4 session and expended less energy.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Although the subjects experienced the 2/0/4 training as more tiring, the researchers found nothing in the subjects’ blood that indicated that the 2/0/4 training was more effective. They measured the cortisol, testosterone, lactic acid, creatine kinase and IGF-1 levels.

The IGF-1 level was the only one that reacted differently to the 2/0/4 training than the 2/0/2 training. It hardly rose at all after the 2/0/4 training session, as you can see above.

"Using a 2/0/2 or 2/0/4 lifting tempo at the same relative intensity in a single exercise protocol leads to few differences in hormonal, metabolic, and perceptual responses", the researchers conclude.

If you can train with heavy weights, it’s advisable to do so. There’s no point consciously doing the movements more slowly with lighter weights. Slower reps with longer eccentric movements are worthwhile, however, if you are unable to train with heavy weights, for example due to injury or if there are no heavy weights available.

Source:
 7 years ago '04        #17
Woody 
space
space
space
$4,079 | Props total: 32 32
Good read, gonna try this next time I work chest.
 7 years ago '06        #18
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
good thread. really learned a lot from it.
im a beginner, so i usually use the machines as oppose to free weights. just so i can work my way up.
so i usually use the dumbell machine, chest press, and the other machines for shoulders, triceps,.
i usually do 3 reps of 12.
obviously all spread out over 3 days. run 2 miles, then hit the weights.
so say monday, i run, then i work out my biceps and triceps,
tuesday, work out my shoulders, chest
thursday, workout abs, back, and legs.

what do you guys think?!? i want to make sure im doing everything right.
 7 years ago '04        #19
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 Lucifer said:
Its pretty hard to crunch up 120 pound db's.
Agreed, considering I only weight 210 right now, half of my body would be neutralized and the upperbody would be relied upon to crunch up 240 lbs from a laying down position....

Dropping weights in a controlled manner is just fine IMO
 7 years ago '05        #20
YoungerHov 
space
space
$667 | Props total: 11 11
If you place the dumbbells on your thighs, the weights help your crunch. I can do 110 DBs and I only weigh 185-190. The momentum from the dumbbells carry you up, no need to drop anything and look like a DB.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
160 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy