Lupe fiasco talks atlantic records & 360 deal (video)

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-06-2010, 08:20 PM         #61
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ you must really hate fiasco
 7 years ago '05        #62
Mannish-Yay 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,193 | Props total: 2474 2474
 ronin said:
To all you kats out there saying basically it is Lupe's fault for signing the contract, I agree 50% with you.

Yes he was a grown man, and should have read everything in the paperwork and understood fully what it was he was getting into. but lets look at it from another angle......

He was just saved from doing time by a friend who saw the positive and the skill in him and took a beef for him,

Im guessing the life style in which led him to almost being in trouble with the law was probably choosing due to lack of money, so when a record label told him how much he could make for signing some papers and doing what he had a natural gift in doing, what do you think he was going to do?

Alot of us can easily call a man/woman dumb for signing these slave deals, but lets be honest....ANYONE in lupe's shoes and had the chance to capitalize on his/her talent for a nice size piece of change would do it......and if you say you wouldn't you are only lying to urself.

Lupe has a right to not be allowed to be r*ped finacially by the record labels, and i also think that rappers who are "flossing" and making it seem like all it is-is free money waiting to be claimed in the record game is f**king over up and coming artist's with these false images. Gucci mane is in one HELL of a 360 deal, but he recoop's his money from shows and yet in still people think this man is caking big.

SMH, this entire Music Business is no longer centered around talent and art as much as the all mighty dollar. and true artist who have skill and talent get s**tted on and r*ped, s**t is wrong man, just f**king wrong.
:applause:
 10-06-2010, 08:33 PM         #63
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tommy_Bunz said:
you are not going to sit there and watch that long a.ss interview, and I'm not going to give you the time where he said it.

point blank, Jay-Z doesn't take kindly to 360 deals, that's why I'm not hating on what lupe is doing.
lol his thoughts on the 360 wasnt even in that clip thank god for youtube related. ;)
 10-06-2010, 08:53 PM         #64
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tommy_Bunz said:
you are not going to sit there and watch that long a.ss interview, and I'm not going to give you the time where he said it.

point blank, Jay-Z doesn't take kindly to 360 deals, that's why I'm not hating on what lupe is doing.

He didnt exactly say he hated a 360 deal. He just said touring is not a label expertize.....but he also said HIS company is the biggest tour promoter there is.

anyways. continue.
 10-06-2010, 09:01 PM         #65
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
lol@ Jay-z not liking 360 deals yet he owns a company that only does 360 deals

The irony
exactly. he just said he didnt like they way other companies did 360 deals. i guess he got his own way where they finance x develop everything you do over there.
 7 years ago '09        #66
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,513 | Props total: 5697 5697
This is jay-Z about 360 deals

What's your take on 360 contracts?

I believe that 360 becomes a bad deal unless you're doing artist development. Being an artist, I'm an artist-friendly executive as well. You can't take someone's rights, profess to be an expert in that field and then not do anything for it. If you're sharing and partnering with an artist, you better build an artist. Or the record company is going to lose out. You could make a 360 deal with an artist and maybe you don't have that artist two years from now. We can't -- as record executives -- expect to take someone's rights and not add value. If we're adding value, it's a partnership. If we're not, then we're just trying to find another way to make up for the money being lost on the Internet. And that's not cool.
 10-06-2010, 09:11 PM         #67
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is why i ask for sources and links and not just believe everything on the internet.
 7 years ago '09        #68
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,513 | Props total: 5697 5697
 WorldsStrangest said:
this is why i ask for sources and links and not just believe everything on the internet.
its old but

7 years ago '06        #69
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,751 | Props total: 3686 3686
 44Caliber said:
Most of yall cant comprehend the fact that he is holding down his end of the contract. The record company is trying to change the deal halfway through. Atlantic is not doing themselves any favors either, they should just part ways with him if they believe he cant sell.

I respect Lupe even more now for standing up to the record company and not making garbage music. He needs to link up with Dame and get with what that anti-establishment program they are at 24 Hour Karate School. Lupe's backing is large enough now to be able to successfully tour off the indy circuit.

This... people can't read or listen apparently...
 7 years ago '06        #70
space
space
space
 MOTM said:
Them saying he's wack don't mean nothing considering they have no problem putting out a Plies album every freaking year

And lets be real, if he is wack, release him from his contract. What is the point of keeping him if he's that bad now, supposedly?
and this.... dude fullfilled his contract... they wanna switch up midway... and he said no. I cosign lupe. f**k what fans want. You pride and principles come first. IF dude was that bad they woulda dropped him. Clearly he has enough of a fan base to make a profit from... hence offering the 360 deal.

Imagine it was the other way around.. and he was saying i wanna new contract midway through a 360 deal. Atlantic would say no....

sounds like the nicca need better lawyers... he need to holler at dipsets old lawyers or something... find some way to get a breach of contract..
 7 years ago '06        #71
space
space
space
 Wasted said:
Surley if Atlantic is giving him a 360 then they DO believe in him. Records labels just want to make money they don't care about the artist. They must feel Lupe can cake heavy if he was released.

Regardless. Lupe should just sign the 360deal so his first contract is over, do the music, tour etc and be done with Atlantic and then sign with a proper label. He should sign to Kanye West they have similar styles.
your logic is a.ss backwards... you sound like your looking from a fans standpoint. He could put music out for free himself to make fans happy.

Put yourself in his shoes.. especially if you caked off heavily off your first two albums and invested wisely enough to weather a drought.
 10-06-2010, 09:46 PM         #72
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lupe Hunter said:
its old but

7 years ago '05        #73
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 7 7
 Tommy_Bunz said:
^ you must really hate fiasco
not at all i actually enjoy his music.
 10-07-2010, 12:46 AM         #74
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '08        #75
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23316 23316
 AK1 said:
So we gon act like 360 deals are uncommon???

99.9% of artists have them
he signed a f**kin contract. .
he's been signed to Atlantic for like half a decade now. They're trying to talk him into dropping the soap basically

WorldsStrangest said:

[pic - click to view]

how lu dumb when he explained WHY he hasn't dropped a CD in the same video

ol do what massa say a.ss n1gga

Last edited by Arson; 10-07-2010 at 01:46 AM..
 10-07-2010, 10:10 AM         #76
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
lol his thoughts on the 360 wasnt even in that clip thank god for youtube related. ;)
yeah i was looking for the full vid, but then this one was already posted in this thread so i said f**k it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
37 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
150 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
19 hours ago