Lupe fiasco talks atlantic records & 360 deal (video)

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
93 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
228 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Boose just dropped album of the year with Boopac :chuuch:
31 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #41
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,968 | Props total: 11 11
 xbossxplayax said:
lupe is just lazy. if he built enough buzz for himself, the label will not hesitate to release his album on his terms because he'd have more leverage.

the label on the other hand can say get buck nekkid or else because he has no leverage to negotiate

if he wants the label to front the resources to build his buzz, then shhh this talk ain't goin nowhere. why do you think n!ggas that stay on the grind push mixtapes and go on tours on mixtape songs?
I agree with that Lupe is Lazy! This is a new day & age you gotta stay relevant you cant just drop an album every 2 years and think you did something! Thats why I respect Nicki Minaj's grind! She built her buzz! She drops mixtapes consistently, she guest features on a who's who of the music industry from usher to Christina Augliaria. She is constantly doing layouts & magazine front covers! She is on ustream & twitter. She performs at award shows. She will give anybody an interview plus she always strives to push herself to the next level. Nicki knows this is a business first and foremost and if a record company hand delivered her a hit tonight her verse would be done by the morning.

[pic - click to view]

Smarten up Lupe
 7 years ago '05        #42
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 Hustle N Flow said:
^^^

How is that right tho....

Lupe better stand his ground (real talk)

Atlantic tryin too take da money he made outside of muzik

Anyone thinkin Lupe should cave in or feel da label is in the right has lost there minds

I guess 50 should give up 25% of his Vitamin Water money, cause Interscope wanna piece of the pie
Because at this moment Lupe is being shelved and is going to be continued to be shelved - see all of Diddy's artists.

With a 360 deal the labels are going to push his songs out which will lead to exposure, lead to album says, lead to sneaker deals, lead to commercials, lead to tours etc etc lead to Lupe fulfilling his contract.

Yeah it isn't right but I can see why Atlantic are doing that. They need to make money too. It seems its the only road Lupe can take. Either that or stay doing college tours.
 7 years ago '05        #43
space
space
 Hustle N Flow said:
^^^

How is that right tho....

Lupe better stand his ground (real talk)

Atlantic tryin too take da money he made outside of muzik

Anyone thinkin Lupe should cave in or feel da label is in the right has lost there minds

I guess 50 should give up 25% of his Vitamin Water money, cause Interscope wanna piece of the pie
Lupe will never in a million years be as popular as 50 cent is/was

He will never be as marketable as 50 cent

If lupe keep making these bad decisions he is going to end up like joe budden, a cautionary tale.
 7 years ago '04        #44
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,850 | Props total: 5193 5193
 Redplayboy313 said:
I agree with that Lupe is Lazy! This is a new day & age you gotta stay relevant you cant just drop an album every 2 years and think you did something! Thats why I respect Nicki Minaj's grind! She built her buzz! She drops mixtapes consistently, she guest features on a who's who of the music industry from usher to Christina Augliaria. She is constantly doing layouts & magazine front covers! She is on ustream & twitter. She performs at award shows. She will give anybody an interview plus she always strives to push herself to the next level. Nicki knows this is a business first and foremost and if a record company hand delivered her a hit tonight her verse would be done by the morning.

[pic - click to view]

Smarten up Lupe
TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Comparison, You talkin about magazine covers and layouts, a.ss & t*tties will get you a long way, but,no male artist could get that many covers, and you said she drops mixtapes consistantly, what mixtape has "she" dropped recently? Yes she's on everybody's song s3x sells.

There are a few people on here that I disagree with almost 100% of the time you are one of those people.Your view on s**t is rediculous imo.

Last edited by #1nasfan; 10-06-2010 at 06:01 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #45
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4417 4417
Lupe >>> {Insert Here}
 7 years ago '06        #46
LBThrizzy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 963 963
n*ggas keep saying "its his fault he signed the deal"

like no n*gga watch the video, he DIDNT sign the deal

and n*ggas saying lupe is lazy...he has like 3 albums done in the can waiting

but they cost a lot of money to make and to put them out and make that money back is atlantics job

let me shut up though cause n*ggas really dont get it
 7 years ago '05        #47
highcalibermusi 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,737 | Props total: 1595 1595
25% of any artist's shows, album sales, t-shirts, etc. is tooooooooo much even tho it's kinda a good deal cuz most contracts are made to take 80%+ on major labels. But everything you do is 25%, even if you payed out of your own pocket for a video, production, etc. It doesn't add up. Plus, when the album drops, before you see ANY of that money you have to pay back the album budget. f**k outta here. It makes no sense for anybody to sign that. I'm with LUPE all day. Album been done for 2 years-just drop it. Atlantic is losing money just sitting on it... Labels are sharks. Better off signing a single deal nowadays and dropping ya own mixtapes.
 7 years ago '05        #48
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
 Wasted said:
Because at this moment Lupe is being shelved and is going to be continued to be shelved - see all of Diddy's artists.

With a 360 deal the labels are going to push his songs out which will lead to exposure, lead to album says, lead to sneaker deals, lead to commercials, lead to tours etc etc lead to Lupe fulfilling his contract.

Yeah it isn't right but I can see why Atlantic are doing that. They need to make money too. It seems its the only road Lupe can take. Either that or stay doing college tours.
Dude, Record Labels lie all the time.. You can't set yourself up for a 360 deal hoping and wishing that the suits and tie's will make good on their word.. Especially when they make a living off of f**king other artist over.. There is absolutely no garuntee that a record label who just told you that they think you're wack, will give you 100% support that you need.. Now they might do alot more than what they are doing now, but they might not go all in for you and now your stuck with a 360 deal getting r*ped in any other endeavors that you trying to do OUTSIDE of music.. And you would sign this? Where's your head at man??
Lupe is not a fool, and he knows what he's doing.
 7 years ago '09        #49
MOTM 71 heat pts71
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 358 358
 Redplayboy313 said:
he doing press conferences now?

This presser didn't help lupe's cause. This makes lupe look really bad because he admits the record company called him wack. All record companies try to take in as much profit as possible so it didn't hurt Atlantic reputation not 1 bit. They are in the business to make hit songs! Superstar was lupe's biggest song to date & that was Atlantic's idea. They know what they are doing. They probably got a whole slew of artists that would love to take lupe's place.
Them saying he's wack don't mean nothing considering they have no problem putting out a Plies album every freaking year

And lets be real, if he is wack, release him from his contract. What is the point of keeping him if he's that bad now, supposedly?
 7 years ago '05        #50
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 MOTM said:
Them saying he's wack don't mean nothing considering they have no problem putting out a Plies album every freaking year

And lets be real, if he is wack, release him from his contract. What is the point of keeping him if he's that bad now, supposedly?
i honestly dont think Atlantic said that, I think Lupe is implying thats how he feel's they feel about him. but you are right, if he is wack then why keep him?

Lupe is way better then alot of folks
 7 years ago '05        #51
space
space
 un1t27 said:
iluminati ssaid he is whack.
Lol haha
 10-06-2010, 05:38 PM         #52
miltown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Redplayboy313 said:
Lupe will never in a million years be as popular as 50 cent is/was

He will never be as marketable as 50 cent

If lupe keep making these bad decisions he is going to end up like joe budden, a cautionary tale.
Who the hell wants to be 50, hes trying to be his own person, why so many people always wanna be like someone else or compare people to something that already being done... GET CREATIVE!
 10-06-2010, 05:40 PM         #53
Switchblade 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lupe is wack , how long it take y'all 2 notice hez a flop overated wannabe smart hipster rapper, hez done

kick push thatz it

lupe like charles f*ggerton to me
 7 years ago '09        #54
youngrob 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,186 | Props total: 14 14
n*gga sign the 360 and shut up u don't deserve it any way...smh
 10-06-2010, 07:34 PM         #55
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i love this topic.....i really do.....
 10-06-2010, 07:55 PM         #56
Switchblade 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NO RELIGION said:
Stick your Soulja Boy and Gucci albums

[pic - click to view]

10-06-2010, 08:02 PM         #57
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Joe Budden said:
I don't know what to say. I hope Lupe releases his album, but I hope this isn't a tactic setup by Lupe and the company. Lupe versus the big bad record label, seems like a ploy.

They only want 25%? Why are you b**ching, you are still getting 3 quarters. He wants 100%? Then stop f**king with the label and release your own album.
n*gga 25% is pretty f**king big, you make it sound like it's something simple, especially when it's YOUR money that YOU worked for.

and Jay-Z spoke out about how the rap game is f**ked up from 360 deals in his interview with Warren Buffet and Forbes, but we don't look at interviews of wealthy men in American, we just skim through them right?
 10-06-2010, 08:03 PM         #58
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tommy_Bunz said:
n*gga 25% is pretty f**king big, you make it sound like it's something simple, especially when it's YOUR money that YOU worked for.

and Jay-Z spoke out about how the rap game is f**ked up from 360 deals in his interview with Warren Buffet and Forbes, but we don't look at interviews of wealthy men in American, we just skim through them right?
link me. (yes i heard about it, but i didnt think he said anything worthwhile so i couldnt be bothered)
 10-06-2010, 08:16 PM         #59
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
link me. (yes i heard about it, but i didnt think he said anything worthwhile so i couldnt be bothered)
you are not going to sit there and watch that long a.ss interview, and I'm not going to give you the time where he said it.

[video - click to view]

point blank, Jay-Z doesn't take kindly to 360 deals, that's why I'm not hating on what lupe is doing.
 7 years ago '05        #60
space
space
75% of something = money
100% of nothing = no money
smarten up Lupe!

anticipates Atlantic ignoring the protest on casual Friday.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
97 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
23 hours ago