Lupe fiasco talks atlantic records & 360 deal (video)

most viewed right now
 111
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 82
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 76
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 55
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
20 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #21
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
avatar space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 ruff said:
Why not?

You're their artist. If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't have any exposure.

25% for exactly WHAT? 25% is WAY TOO MUCH, out of every dollar they get 25 cents??? out of every 100 bucks u give them 25???? f**k that noise
 7 years ago '10        #22
PrinceDeville25 24 heat pts24 OP
space
avatar space
space
$5,178 | Props total: 464 464
They offered him the contract after the cool & before the 3-disc lupend was planned. Lupe was going to use that tactic to get out of his contract.

He saw what was coming
 7 years ago '05        #23
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
avatar space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 PrinceDeville25 said:
They offered him the contract after the cool & before the 3-disc lupend was planned. Lupe was going to use that tactic to get out of his contract.

He saw what was coming
Prince is a prime example of how what happens when a label d!cks you.

he just started dropping albums left and right and s**ts was slumming
 7 years ago '05        #24
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$2,968 | Props total: 11 11
 #1nasfan said:
They Don't deserve 25% of everything you make even outside of music imo.
Lupe act like he getting that Mark zukerberg money. He needs to do play ball because he can be replaced quickly.
 7 years ago '05        #25
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$2,968 | Props total: 11 11
 ruff said:
I swear to Allah, Lupe is such a f**king HOMO.

It's a s**t deal that YOU signed.

Props to Atlantic for saving us from hearing his garbage music.
well tell us how you really feel?
 7 years ago '05        #26
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
avatar space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 Redplayboy313 said:
Lupe act like he getting that Mark zukerberg money. He needs to do play ball because he can be replaced quickly.
so because he can be replaced, he should just touch his toes and be happy???
hell is wrong with voice'n your opinion for what is right? now in our society f!ghting back is wrong???

smh
 7 years ago '05        #27
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$2,968 | Props total: 11 11
 ronin said:
so because he can be replaced, he should just touch his toes and be happy???
hell is wrong with voice'n your opinion for what is right? now in our society f!ghting back is wrong???

smh

Yep pretty much and fulfill his contractual obligations. Atlantic signed him to make hit records. He actually already been replaced in Atlantic's eyes. B.o.b. is performing in front of the president while lupe is doing press conferences & pep rallies.
 7 years ago '04        #28
ruff 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$26,646 | Props total: 2652 2652
 Redplayboy313 said:
well tell us how you really feel?
Swell as f**k

I love reading about Lupe's failures
 7 years ago '05        #29
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
avatar space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 Redplayboy313 said:
Yep pretty much and fulfill his contractual obligations. Atlantic signed him to make hit records. He actually already been replaced in Atlantic's eyes. B.o.b. is performing in front of the president while lupe is doing press conferences & pep rallies.
You are out of your mind, for 1

for 2, B.O.B. sucks Balls, i wouldnt book him to play infront the president of a glee club

3. Just because Atlantic doesnt fully explain these deals to young and new artists does NOT make it correct for them to d!ck these young artists over.

Why is music so centered around a Dollar? I dont give a f**k for how much ur bum a.ss chain cost you, or whats.lut broad allowed you to penetrate her, nor do I care how much coke your away from pushing before you become the next noreaga. This music game is bulls**t, and its sad that majority of the people don't care to correct it, they just go along with this bum s**t.
 7 years ago '05        #30
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
avatar space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 ruff said:
Swell as f**k

I love reading about Lupe's failures
too bad we never read of ANY of your accomplishments
 7 years ago '06        #31
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
I wished they pushed his "I'm Beaming" song on the radio. I can actually see that song making good (at least decent) impact on the the charts. I know n*ggas who don't f**k with Lupe out here (I'm in the south), and when I would play that song, they f**ked with it. It's sad to see when artists are just shelved like that just because they disagree to sign with certain deals. At first, I thought he was complaining about the company not being fair, plainly because he didn't thoroughly go through his original contracts' details. Of course, if you are making attempts to be signed, you can still have love for the music, but you are partly in it for a money, or else you would be independent and some artists complain about money issues, which is their fault. But this is definitely an example of how greedy and dirty the industry is. This dude just needs to get on his mixtape grind and promote himself, then hopefully the company feels comfortable enough to push his records. I would hate to see this n*gga to disappear like that...
 7 years ago '05        #32
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
avatar space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 Da Realness said:
I wished they pushed his "I'm Beaming" song on the radio. I can actually see that song making good (at least decent) impact on the the charts. I know n*ggas who don't f**k with Lupe out here (I'm in the south), and when I would play that song, they f**ked with it. It's sad to see when artists are just shelved like that just because they disagree to sign with certain deals. At first, I thought he was complaining about the company not being fair, plainly because he didn't thoroughly go through his original contracts' details. Of course, if you are making attempts to be signed, you can still have love for the music, but you are partly in it for a money, or else you would be independent and some artists complain about money issues, which is their fault. But this is definitely an example of how greedy and dirty the industry is. This dude just needs to get on his mixtape grind and promote himself, then hopefully the company feels comfortable enough to push his records. I would hate to see this n*gga to disappear like that...
that beaming track was a chart top'ah, the message and melody behind that cut was strong!
 7 years ago '05        #33
meercy|m 
space
avatar space
space
$9,385 | Props total: 488 488
@atlantic
 7 years ago '06        #34
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
 ronin said:
that beaming track was a chart top'ah, the message and melody behind that cut was strong!
Everything about that song was poppin. the vibe of it, the message, the beat, the hook. I hope he re-releases the song because that s**t deserves to be a single. Fans need to start requesting that s**t heavily.. I mean start flooding the radio stations. New York radio is powerful. And I know Lupe has alot of fans up north. They can think of something to do.
 7 years ago '04        #35
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286
Shining Down that heat too
 7 years ago '05        #36
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
Most of yall cant comprehend the fact that he is holding down his end of the contract. The record company is trying to change the deal halfway through. Atlantic is not doing themselves any favors either, they should just part ways with him if they believe he cant sell.

I respect Lupe even more now for standing up to the record company and not making garbage music. He needs to link up with Dame and get with what that anti-establishment program they are at 24 Hour Karate School. Lupe's backing is large enough now to be able to successfully tour off the indy circuit.
 7 years ago '04        #37
xbossxplayax 
space
avatar space
space
$4,216 | Props total: 1041 1041
lupe is just lazy. if he built enough buzz for himself, the label will not hesitate to release his album on his terms because he'd have more leverage.

the label on the other hand can say get buck nekkid or else because he has no leverage to negotiate

if he wants the label to front the resources to build his buzz, then shhh this talk ain't goin nowhere. why do you think n!ggas that stay on the grind push mixtapes and go on tours on mixtape songs?
 10-06-2010, 01:49 AM         #38
bklynUSA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
25% is a good deal, take it, rap, sing, make chart topping smash hits, wear a crazy hat, blow up, sell out, get the money, save the money, get new deal, make the record you want.
 7 years ago '05        #39
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 44Caliber said:
Most of yall cant comprehend the fact that he is holding down his end of the contract. The record company is trying to change the deal halfway through. Atlantic is not doing themselves any favors either, they should just part ways with him if they believe he cant sell.

I respect Lupe even more now for standing up to the record company and not making garbage music. He needs to link up with Dame and get with what that anti-establishment program they are at 24 Hour Karate School. Lupe's backing is large enough now to be able to successfully tour off the indy circuit.
Surley if Atlantic is giving him a 360 then they DO believe in him. Records labels just want to make money they don't care about the artist. They must feel Lupe can cake heavy if he was released.

Regardless. Lupe should just sign the 360deal so his first contract is over, do the music, tour etc and be done with Atlantic and then sign with a proper label. He should sign to Kanye West they have similar styles.
 10-06-2010, 02:28 AM         #40
Hustle N Flow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^

How is that right tho....

Lupe better stand his ground (real talk)

Atlantic tryin too take da money he made outside of muzik



Anyone thinkin Lupe should cave in or feel da label is in the right has lost there minds

I guess 50 should give up 25% of his Vitamin Water money, cause Interscope wanna piece of the pie
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 69
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
36 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 43
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 42
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 37
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 20
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy