Lupe fiasco talks atlantic records & 360 deal (video)

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #1
6116 pageviews
87 comments

PrinceDeville25 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,165 | Props total: 460 460
Lupe fiasco talks atlantic records & 360 deal (video)

[video - click to view]

Imagine Lupe with G.O.O.D. Music

along with Common, Cudi, Kanye, Pusha, etc.

would be a wrap

87 comments for "Lupe fiasco talks atlantic records & 360 deal (video)"

7 years ago '10        #2
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
Finally he aired them out. Atlantic have been inept for a long time. I understand that if a certain artist is not going to sell then you are not going to put money behind them, but the problem with Atlantic is that they sign artists that they don't know what to do with. At one point Atlantic had Saigon at the height of his buzz, Little Brother at the height of their buzz and Lupe. They have managed to mis-manage all those artists. If they didnt want underground type artists they should never have signed them in the first place. I am not buying anything from Atlantic, and I am someone who actually buys albums......f**king idiots.
 7 years ago '05        #3
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,176 | Props total: 11715 11715
Atlantic is f**kin up
 7 years ago '09        #4
MOTM 71 heat pts71
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 358 358
They changed the hook 60 different times?

n*gga is getting blackballed
 7 years ago '04        #5
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,119 | Props total: 4418 4418
this n*gga getting mad like the lox did with puff.

you a man. u signed the contract, atlanta didnt put the gun to your head and say sign this contract. so when the contract doesnt happen to work out the way u wanted- dont go talking bad about the other side.

be mad at ur lawyer or yourself if u didnt get a lawyer...besided LUPE is garbage anyway
 7 years ago '04        #6
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,849 | Props total: 5193 5193
 AK1 said:
So we gon act like 360 deals are uncommon???

99.9% of artists have them
he signed a f**kin contract. .
No,He's saying he refuses to sign the 360 deal which is why they aren't pushing his music.
 7 years ago '04        #7
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286
fixin to view the video but

AK1 said:
So we gon act like 360 deals are uncommon???

99.9% of artists have them
he signed a f**kin contract. .

THIS. . . . .ima fan of Lupe's music but @ end of the day HE didnt kno his business or his ppl didnt kno their business...& he signed a contract that they shoulda looked over better. Labels been rapin folks w the 360 deals & single song agreements.

its the MUSIC BU$INESS. . . . . 30% music 70% business for the most part.
 7 years ago '04        #8
#1nasfan 
space
space
 paris playa69 said:
fixin to view the video but

THIS. . . . .ima fan of Lupe's music but @ end of the day HE didnt kno his business or his ppl didnt kno their business...& he signed a contract that they shoulda looked over better. Labels been rapin folks w the 360 deals & single song agreements.

its the MUSIC BU$INESS. . . . . 30% music 70% business for the most part.
I don't know what ya'll are trying to say with posts like these, His side of the story is that he has upheld his end of the deal, his album is done, but they want him to sign a 360 on top of the contract he is already under which he has honored already, but ,because he will not sign this additional contract they won't support him as an artist .

Last edited by #1nasfan; 10-05-2010 at 10:15 PM..
 10-05-2010, 10:13 PM         #9
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was wondering why Shining Down didnt Pop Off
 10-05-2010, 10:29 PM         #10
munn3702008 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 S.D.174 said:
he did sign a contract, and it wasn't a 360, so i dunno why the above posters are bringing it up, esp lawyers. a 360 deal is the worst you can ever have, almost makes it not worth being an artist anymore if u look at all the math, but anyway, he needs to drop mixtapes with original beats, tour, and build a buzz so atlantic can push an album, or will be forced 2 drop him b/c he is actually trying to drop music

Yea i agree about droping mixtapes and building buzz your right with that, but as far as this album and atlantic its time for lupe to get him some jew lawyers and f!ght to get out that contract he put in 2 albums and like i said on the last one he needs Holla at kayne and get some G.o.o.d music going. pull a lebron james on atlantic a.ss
 7 years ago '05        #12
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 7 7
he doing press conferences now?

This presser didn't help lupe's cause. This makes lupe look really bad because he admits the record company called him wack. All record companies try to take in as much profit as possible so it didn't hurt Atlantic reputation not 1 bit. They are in the business to make hit songs! Superstar was lupe's biggest song to date & that was Atlantic's idea. They know what they are doing. They probably got a whole slew of artists that would love to take lupe's place.
 7 years ago '05        #13
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
To all you kats out there saying basically it is Lupe's fault for signing the contract, I agree 50% with you.

Yes he was a grown man, and should have read everything in the paperwork and understood fully what it was he was getting into. but lets look at it from another angle......

He was just saved from doing time by a friend who saw the positive and the skill in him and took a beef for him,

Im guessing the life style in which led him to almost being in trouble with the law was probably choosing due to lack of money, so when a record label told him how much he could make for signing some papers and doing what he had a natural gift in doing, what do you think he was going to do?

Alot of us can easily call a man/woman dumb for signing these slave deals, but lets be honest....ANYONE in lupe's shoes and had the chance to capitalize on his/her talent for a nice size piece of change would do it......and if you say you wouldn't you are only lying to urself.

Lupe has a right to not be allowed to be r*ped finacially by the record labels, and i also think that rappers who are "flossing" and making it seem like all it is-is free money waiting to be claimed in the record game is f**king over up and coming artist's with these false images. Gucci mane is in one HELL of a 360 deal, but he recoop's his money from shows and yet in still people think this man is caking big.

SMH, this entire Music Business is no longer centered around talent and art as much as the all mighty dollar. and true artist who have skill and talent get s**tted on and r*ped, s**t is wrong man, just f**king wrong.

Last edited by RNOTY; 10-05-2010 at 10:55 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #14
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 Redplayboy313 said:
he doing press conferences now?

This presser didn't help lupe's cause. This makes lupe look really bad because he admits the record company called him wack. All record companies try to take in as much profit as possible so it didn't hurt Atlantic reputation not 1 bit. They are in the business to make hit songs! Superstar was lupe's biggest song to date & that was Atlantic's idea. They know what they are doing. They probably got a whole slew of artists that would love to take lupe's place.
Personally, Atlantic calling Lupe wack means nothing to me because Lupe still write dope a.ss lyrics. so f**k what a suit and tie say, they do not live the lifestyle in which i can relate to, they are in the business of pushing money.

Lupe is wack to them not because his music is bad but because the current image that sells now and days in the music business is stupid, idiot a.ss black males who sag their pants, rap about selling drugs, and are constantly involved with the law. Thats whats "Hip" to record companies not, being smart, making thought provoking music, is what is "wack" to these pencil pushing paper geeks
 10-05-2010, 11:01 PM         #15
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't know what to say. I hope Lupe releases his album, but I hope this isn't a tactic setup by Lupe and the company. Lupe versus the big bad record label, seems like a ploy.

They only want 25%? Why are you b**ching, you are still getting 3 quarters. He wants 100%? Then stop f**king with the label and release your own album.
 7 years ago '04        #16
#1nasfan 
space
space
 Joe Budden said:
I don't know what to say. I hope Lupe releases his album, but I hope this isn't a tactic setup by Lupe and the company. Lupe versus the big bad record label, seems like a ploy.

They only want 25%? Why are you b**ching, you are still getting 3 quarters. He wants 100%? Then stop f**king with the label and release your own album.
They Don't deserve 25% of everything you make even outside of music imo.
 7 years ago '04        #17
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2649 2649
I swear to Allah, Lupe is such a f**king HOMO.

It's a s**t deal that YOU signed.

Props to Atlantic for saving us from hearing his garbage music.
 7 years ago '06        #18
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 #1nasfan said:
They Don't deserve 25% of everything you make even outside of music imo.
this...
 7 years ago '04        #19
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2649 2649
Why not?

You're their artist. If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't have any exposure.
 7 years ago '04        #20
#1nasfan 
space
space
 ruff said:
Why not?

You're their artist. If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't have any exposure.
Who's to say that's a fact?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy