Miami opens its preseason Tuesday with an unusually hyped game (Miami Heat vs Detriot Pistons)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
102 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #1
6078 pageviews
178 comments

ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 2772 2772
Miami opens its preseason Tuesday with an unusually hyped game (Miami Heat vs Detriot Pistons)

[pic - click to view]

MIAMI - It's a preseason game, so it doesn't count. Except, perhaps, to LeBron James.

When the Miami Heat open the preseason at home against the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday, it'll mark the first time James will play before 19,000 or so of his newest fans. Predictably, there's a higher-than-usual level of interest, especially after a summer where Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and James decided to team up in Miami.

Tickets were being resold for more than $250 on some online sites, even though the game isn't sold out. Two television crews are coming to broadcast the game, and even the some of the Pistons are saying they're looking forward to this exhibition more than usual.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

"We're ready to play the game," said James, the two-time reigning NBA MVP who'll don a uniform other than Cleveland's for the first time in his professional career. "We're going to let the game do a lot of the talking. We know we've got to answer a lot of questions every day from you guys, but when we get out on the court, it's all business."

So while the atmosphere may be playoff-caliber, the game will likely be anything but.

The Heat plan to use as many of their 19 available players as possible, the Pistons will likely take a similar approach, and suffice to say, neither team will likely be calling plays down the stretch like it's a Game 7.

"Get there early," Wade said. "Not planning on being on the court too long."

For home Heat preseason games in Miami two seasons ago, the announced attendances were 13,253 and 11,041. Last year, the crowds were 10,064 and 10,096.

It's unknown if all 19,600 seats will be sold by game time Tuesday, but given how the Heat distributed 13,000 tickets to the welcome party for Wade, Bosh and James in less than one hour on July 9, chances are there'll be a demand by tip-off.

"The energy coming from the crowd, their emotion, it's going to boost our energy and our emotions," Heat forward Udonis Haslem said. "But we still understand that it's a preseason game. We're not going to do everything right. We have some kinks to work out and this is the time to do it."

The hype isn't limited to those in Miami.

Some of the Pistons can't wait to see what all the fuss is about, either.

"Everybody can't wait," said guard Richard Hamilton. "I think the whole NBA, the fans, everybody's excited about what they got in Miami and they can't wait to see how those guys play together."

Pistons center Ben Wallace said he followed the summer personnel moves that some simply called LeBronathon - "How can you not pay attention?" Wallace asked - and knows it'll be a most unusual scene for a preseason game that awaits Detroit on Tuesday.

"Of course, some guys are going to go in there and try to make a statement," Wallace said. "That's the nature of the business. If you don't, you're not a competitor. Everybody's going to go to Miami is going to want to put their best effort out. Those guys should know people are going to be shooting at them."

Make no mistake, the Heat are taking it seriously.

There's plenty of personnel issues that remain unsettled - Carlos Arroyo will likely start at point guard on Tuesday and Joel Anthony at center, although neither has been anointed as the first-stringer going into the season at those spots - and Heat coach Erik Spoelstra knows he'll have some tough calls to make later this month.

"I want these guys to enjoy it," Spoelstra said. "As much of a reward as we can give them playing in front of our home fans, I want them to do that. I want them to play the right way, the way we've been trying to establish this week, but they've been working extremely hard. I think they're just looking forward to playing against someone else right now."

Monday marked the first time the Heat practiced together in Miami this season. They returned Sunday from nearly a week of training camp - "the most competitive, intense camp I've seen since I can remember," Spoelstra said - at Hurlburt Field and Eglin Air Force Base in Florida's Panhandle.

Tuesday may show how much work truly got done at camp.

"It'll be fun to see the progress that we've made," Wade said.

Source:
[pic - click to view]

The madness (sort of) set to begin for Heat - NBA- NBC Sports

178 comments for "Miami opens its preseason Tuesday with an unusually hyped game (Miami Heat vs Detriot Pistons)"

7 years ago '04        #2
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,657 | Props total: 5344 5344
Pistons blow em out .. Even tho its preseason idgaf .
 7 years ago '05        #3
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,067 | Props total: 6970 6970
let's go Detroit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that 3rd world country livin n*gga Austin Daye gonna break Lebron....

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #4
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,388 | Props total: 13050 13050
i won't be home till 8:15 so i'll probably miss them in the first half :(

here's hoping for highlights and some play to start the second half!
 7 years ago '10        #5
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,732 | Props total: 19629 19629
The Pistons seem to win the meaningless games so they should look promising here.
 7 years ago '04        #6
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
Pistons are gonna be better than people think, love being slept on again
 7 years ago '07        #7
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Bosh is never mentioned
 7 years ago '04        #8
CFran55 
space
space
$731 | Props total: 64 64
so this going to be on tv?
 10-05-2010, 11:42 AM         #9
Joehook 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CFran55 said:
espn3 i believe......
 10-05-2010, 11:54 AM         #10
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My n*gga Austin Daye gon' be styling out there against 2nd string scrubs.

and hittin' ho's in the stands with the
 7 years ago '04        #11
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,657 | Props total: 5344 5344
 INF4MOUS said:
Bosh is never mentioned
Cause he's really a non factor unless he goes up against an unskilled , tiny twig like himself . Im not saying he's unskilled , but he is a frail mofo who gets pushed around underneath against the big boys .
 7 years ago '04        #12
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,271 | Props total: 2842 2842
 Aesop730 said:
Cause he's really a non factor unless he goes up against an unskilled , tiny twig like himself . Im not saying he's unskilled , but he is a frail mofo who gets pushed around underneath against the big boys .
not on 2k though n*gga so stop talking that s**t
 7 years ago '08        #13
HiphopRelated 
space
space
$1,098 | Props total: 1 1
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
6 years at most doesn't = decade.
Bulls were only relevant for 8
 7 years ago '08        #14
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,289 | Props total: 13668 13668
 CFran55 said:

nba tv
 7 years ago '08        #15
Dunknown24 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,019 | Props total: 719 719
I kinda wanna see tmac too tho.

What time this s**t start?
 10-05-2010, 02:50 PM         #16
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Got tickets for 20 bucks

I'm not even paying for them.

Chongas>>>

I don't even like the Heat but f**k it
 7 years ago '09        #17
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,074 | Props total: 22516 22516
 TheMagicMan said:
Pistons are gonna be better than people think, love being slept on again
Love not making the playoffs too?
 7 years ago '09        #18
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
Bosh never mentioned is his motivation people can sleep on him if they want u cant double all these nigas at once
 7 years ago '07        #19
Supercoolbert 122 heat pts122
space
space
$7,196 | Props total: 1285 1285
30 more mins
 10-05-2010, 06:00 PM         #20
RurourniK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anybody got a link to see this online?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
109 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy