most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #41
Gadd 47 heat pts47
space
space
$2,079 | Props total: 1 1
 PDA said:
everywhere u turn everyone and their grandmothers are screaming "i think im big meech, larry hoover"

thats how i determine a hit.
so you were everywhere in the US the past few months?

Just because everywhere YOU were at people were screaming Ross lines doesn't mean it was like this in the entire country. Here in the bay that song wasn't popular at all and if I didn't go on hip hop sites I probably would have never even heard the song.
 10-05-2010, 05:46 PM         #42
turbonim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
game banks yayo buck 50.....all these n*ggas r wack i wouldn't spend a dime on any of these n*ggas
no one would give a f**k if these n*ggas made another track together
 7 years ago '05        #43
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,037 | Props total: 1232 1232
 PDA said:
i disagree with the statement "if someone says you're irrelevant, you are alive and relevant"

blogs will post just about anything attached to a big name (or former big name) because they think "maybe someone out there will want this"..not because you are relevant as a whole.

i get s**t for being a memph bleek fan..everyone thinks hes irrelevant...blogs still post his s**t for people like me.

there is definitely a laundry list of artists who are still in the public eye but are completely irrelevant to music. the world would not change if they suddenly decided to never make music again.
i agree with it.
 7 years ago '05        #44
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,037 | Props total: 1232 1232
 PDA said:
everywhere u turn everyone and their grandmothers are screaming "i think im big meech, larry hoover"

thats how i determine a hit.
yea I was saying that s**t too, and I listened to that song 1nce and me and my boy used to laugh and say "I think im big Meech" basically laughing at the people saying it
s**t is corny and the song was hot for like a month
I like the freestyle over hard in the Paint now if he had that song he would have had a hit that s**t is still going after like a year
eminem prob had the hottest hit every where you went u heard that "love the way you lie"

Last edited by hbk83; 10-05-2010 at 06:00 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #45
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
 hbk83 said:
yea I was saying that s**t too, and I listened to that song 1nce and me and my boy used to laugh and say "I think im big Meech" basically laughing at the people saying it
s**t is corny and the song was hot for like a month
I like the freestyle over hard in the Paint now if he had that song he would have had a hit that s**t is still going after like a year
eminem prob had the hottest hit every where you went u heard that "love the way you lie"

i thought everyone just said it as a joke honestly i didnt think the song was the summer anthem i thought it was just funny to yell
 7 years ago '09        #46
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,123 | Props total: 1657 1657
How come 50 cent doesn't make fun of rick ross anymore
 7 years ago '04        #47
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$4,216 | Props total: 1041 1041
"game is confused about game"

who the fuq is he thinkin he is talkin putting the unit back together

n!gga you was not the founding member let alone a loyal one lol
 7 years ago '08        #48
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,113 | Props total: 23357 23357
 BackBlock_OG said:

So if Tim McGraw dropped a hip hop album and it sold 5mil, he's the most relevant rapper? Sorry, but I judge the success of a song on the response from the artists' target audience. BMF is a song for the streets, so I judge it on it's response in the streets. If you asked me or any of my friends what was the biggest single of the summer, we would all say BMF w/o question. Yet if you asked some kid in the suburbs who doesn't necessarily relate to the streets, he would probably say something like "Not Afraid". (which I still haven't heard past the 8 sec ringtone). You judge can't judge BMF by how many people outside the hip hop community likes it. That's like judging Taylor Swift by her spins on urban radio.

This argument constantly pops up on these boards b/c you're mixing people who grew up "hip hop" w/ people who started listening to hip hop when it became mainstream. Albums like "Illmatic" and "Reasonable Doubt" are classics not b/c they outsold the top pop artist at the time, or b/c they were at the top of billboard for weeks at a time. They're classics b/c of the impact they made on their target audience. Basically, I'm not letting the taste of people outside of my culture dictate what's hot or who's relevant in my culture.
Banks and Ross have the same target audience so why even waste a paragraph talking about that?

and why are you bringing up classics? being relevant =/= making great music. HotepSuns even said as much in his post. You're making it a black and white thing off dude bringing up Gaga when he only referenced her because it proved the point that just because you and people around you heard or haven't heard something, doesn't mean that's determines its overall relevancy
 10-05-2010, 06:21 PM         #49
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BackBlock_OG said:

So if Tim McGraw dropped a hip hop album and it sold 5mil, he's the most relevant rapper? Sorry, but I judge the success of a song on the response from the artists' target audience. BMF is a song for the streets, so I judge it on it's response in the streets. If you asked me or any of my friends what was the biggest single of the summer, we would all say BMF w/o question. Yet if you asked some kid in the suburbs who doesn't necessarily relate to the streets, he would probably say something like "Not Afraid". (which I still haven't heard past the 8 sec ringtone). You judge can't judge BMF by how many people outside the hip hop community likes it. That's like judging Taylor Swift by her spins on urban radio.

This argument constantly pops up on these boards b/c you're mixing people who grew up "hip hop" w/ people who started listening to hip hop when it became mainstream. Albums like "Illmatic" and "Reasonable Doubt" are classics not b/c they outsold the top pop artist at the time, or b/c they were at the top of billboard for weeks at a time. They're classics b/c of the impact they made on their target audience. Basically, I'm not letting the taste of people outside of my culture dictate what's hot or who's relevant in my culture.

how do you know who these "people" are....YOU DON'T....you don't know who these people are,what their ethnic background is,or anything...all you're doing is a.ssuming based off your own expierence...which is again...INCONCLUSIVE...there are a ton of songs that were big around my neck of the woods that weren't necessarily big in other states....and this is not to even say that bmf wasn't a nice street single for rick ross that hit....however arguing that record sales is not a direct correlation to relevance is asinine...
 10-05-2010, 06:22 PM         #50
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
Banks and Ross have the same target audience so why even waste a paragraph talking about that?

and why are you bringing up classics? being relevant =/= making great music. HotepSuns even said as much in his post. You're making it a black and white thing off dude bringing up Gaga when he only referenced her because it proved the point that just because you and people around you heard or haven't heard something, doesn't mean that's determines its overall relevancy

exactly....
 7 years ago '06        #51
ohiostate7 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,981 | Props total: 242 242
I feel bad for Game. I think dude might be mildly retarded :sadcam:
 7 years ago '10        #52
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
 PDA said:
i disagree with the statement "if someone says you're irrelevant, you are alive and relevant"

blogs will post just about anything attached to a big name (or former big name) because they think "maybe someone out there will want this"..not because you are relevant as a whole.

i get s**t for being a memph bleek fan..everyone thinks hes irrelevant...blogs still post his s**t for people like me.

there is definitely a laundry list of artists who are still in the public eye but are completely irrelevant to music. the world would not change if they suddenly decided to never make music again.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #53
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,676 | Props total: 10727 10727
Man that n*gga game seem desprate...lol.n*gga Jus Came out and said let's do it for the money.
 7 years ago '10        #54
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 103 103
GAME is the KING of BI POLAR hip hop.

When the Documentary dropped he was ill , he dropped alot of hot mixtapes , Doctors Advocate was aight and LAX i barely listened to besides "money" and i forget that other track.

Im not gonna sit here and say yo he is wack but i remember listening to 400 bars and it not sticking out to me like 300 bars did. I have the Red Lights mixtape and i havent played it yet. IDK what it is about GAME ...

i cant say he fell off cause i just dont check for him really anymore.

but saying G UNIT like begging to do this is

7 years ago '04        #55
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 PDA said:
i said nothing about lloyd banks not being relevant..i just said i dont agree with what he said.

banks WAS irrelevant for a few years but he came back with that beamer benz and bentley track and redeemed himself.

record sales are not the scale for success anymore in this industry..ring tones are..and sure no one bought BMF as a single but i gurantee it sold a s**t ton of ringtones.

no one buys records period. HFM2 will not sell more than ross' last album.

unless u are eminem or jay-z u are not selling a large amount of records...even drake did less than everyone expected. so no...record sales do not measure success anymore.

how many people u can get to promote your song in their facebook status, twitter, word of mouth, bumpin out their car is how you measure success now.
this n*gga said ringtones

its 2010 and he said ringtones

man your whole argument is flawed but i'll let u tell it
 10-05-2010, 07:10 PM         #56
TampaBay Bucs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 blockburna said:
I feel what Game sayin and all but damn he makin himself look bad
How so? n*ggas have pictures of them kissing other men on the lips, being C.O.s after lieing about it and n*ggas still dont care. Game saying he wants to put GUnit back together not doing s**t to hurt him with all the s**t thats forgiven or overlooked nowadays. If this was the 90's he would be digging his own grave but times has changed and and the listeners/consumers too.
 7 years ago '05        #57
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13779 13779
 Tommy_Bunz said:
a thread where PDA get's checked hip-hop wise.........I love it
Dude is a wannabe know-it-all.
 7 years ago '07        #58
jambo 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,125 | Props total: 10 10
:gun2::hyper::rules:
 7 years ago '04        #59
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,638 | Props total: 3165 3165
@ game sonning himself g-g-g-g-unit just last album it still was f**k 50 what broke n*ggas will say when they need to keep the money comming and the sad part is that he left when all he had to do was diss joe but what does he do diss the whole unit for 3 years u think anybody trying to reunite with you homie ....... at least the dips didnt make any songs about each other so its at least a lil more "real" ....but the game and unit reunited campaign would be dead before it started whats next beanie gonna apologize to hov for comming out of pocket and not knowing his place
 10-05-2010, 09:16 PM         #60
chodestealer187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol i like how game phrases it: its time to get money and it's a new day

translation: i'm broke and need some help

@ gggg-unit
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy