NLDS: (2) San Francisco Giants vs. (4) Atlanta Braves **Official Series Thread**

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who wins and in how many games?
Giants in 3 7 22.58%
Giants in 4 8 25.81%
Giants in 5 7 22.58%
Braves in 3 0 0%
Braves in 4 5 16.13%
Braves in 5 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #161
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Bronx Goes Hard said:
Never said I liked him as a player

s**t, there's people on Boxden that are still sore that he was traded. I prefer Granderson over Melky and Austin Jackson, that's not even a discussion, but you know people are still butt hurt over Melky not being on the team.
I know, and I laugh at those fools. They were calling for Granderson's head early this year and they were dying for Melky to come back. I knew Curtis had too much talent to not break out that slump of his and he is turning it around at the right time.

Like you, I have lost no sleep on losing AJax or Melky.
 7 years ago '09        #162
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,433 | Props total: 12370 12370
 titanreese said:
Whos hating??? Timmy had a wonderful game but anyone with eyes could see the Braves swung at EVERYTHING....I would have been happy seeing Braves players striking out looking then swinging at every pitch. Atleast then Timmy would have to throw strikes.
Thats what great pitchers do, they make you look foolish! Look at the Reds yesterday. They had the best offense stats wise in the league and they looked like fools against Halladay.

What you see at home on tv isnt anything close to seeing that s**t in real life. A pitch you think is bad and low in real time to a hitter looks like its in one spot then moves quickly to another spot.

Lincecum was a beast tonight, I dont think our hitters could have done much more with what he was dishing out
 7 years ago '06        #163
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,536 | Props total: 1036 1036
 Fly 2ndComing said:
If you dont think he was throwing some unbelievable pitches tonight and made us look silly then you can't know anything about baseball. Lincecum was virtually unhittable tonight and would have been unhittable regardless of who the team was.

We'll be fine though. The next three games are ours
Bulls**t....Tim would have walked 4 to 8 batters but the Braves bailed him out everytime. Braves players were swinging at everything thrown to them period......I said Tim had a wonderful game but it helped when you have the Braves swinging at everything thrown to them
 7 years ago '06        #164
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Thats what great pitchers do, they make you look foolish! Look at the Reds yesterday. They had the best offense stats wise in the league and they looked like fools against Halladay.

What you see at home on tv isnt anything close to seeing that s**t in real life. A pitch you think is bad and low in real time to a hitter looks like its in one spot then moves quickly to another spot.

Lincecum was a beast tonight, I dont think our hitters could have done much more with what he was dishing out
It comes down to being patience and the braves lacked that tonight....Lets hope thats not the case tomorrow
 10-07-2010, 11:31 PM         #165
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tazbk said:
I know, and I laugh at those fools. They were calling for Granderson's head early this year and they were dying for Melky to come back. I knew Curtis had too much talent to not break out that slump of his and he is turning it around at the right time.

Like you, I have lost no sleep on losing AJax or Melky.
Ever read the LoHud Yankees blog? People lose their f**king mind after a loss. It's disgusting.
 10-07-2010, 11:33 PM         #166
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 titanreese said:
Whos hating??? Timmy had a wonderful game but anyone with eyes could see the Braves swung at EVERYTHING....I would have been happy seeing Braves players striking out looking then swinging at every pitch. Atleast then Timmy would have to throw strikes.
I'll agree to disagree, he dropped that slider nicely.
 7 years ago '06        #167
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
Timmy is always going to bring some of the nastiest stuff in the league. When you deal with someone like that, the only thing you can do is try and let him lose the game...Make mistakes in pitching. So the Braves should have came to the plate alot less aggressive but instead came out swinging for the fences. You have to pick and choose your pitches. The Braves apparently decided to choose every pitch thrown
 7 years ago '09        #168
space
space
 titanreese said:
Timmy is always going to bring some of the nastiest stuff in the league. When you deal with someone like that, the only thing you can do is try and let him lose the game...Make mistakes in pitching. So the Braves should have came to the plate alot less aggressive but instead came out swinging for the fences. You have to pick and choose your pitches. The Braves apparently decided to choose every pitch thrown
You can't be serious! You want to be aggressive against pitchers that good. You don't want to sit there just taking pitches and letting them carve you up. You attempt to knock them around early and rattle them.
I'll use football as an analogy for you since you dont know anything about baseball. You wouldnt just sit back in a zone and let Peyton Manning or Tom Brady play catch, you would attack them and get after them because they are so good they will beat you anyway but at least you have a better chance trying to put them on their heels than you do sitting back and letting them be at ease.
 10-07-2010, 11:49 PM         #169
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so f**kin gay. f**k umpires. Posey was out!!!!!!
 7 years ago '06        #170
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
You can't be serious! You want to be aggressive against pitchers that good. You don't want to sit there just taking pitches and letting them carve you up. You attempt to knock them around early and rattle them.
I'll use football as an analogy for you since you dont know anything about baseball. You wouldnt just sit back in a zone and let Peyton Manning or Tom Brady play catch, you would attack them and get after them because they are so good they will beat you anyway but at least you have a better chance trying to put them on their heels than you do sitting back and letting them be at ease.
Ok so the Braves take your advice and tonight happens How the f**k are you comparing football to f**king baseball??? Hitting is about having a good eye and swinging at the best pitches you can you dumb muthaf**ker....Not going up to the plate and swinging at every f**king pitch. Did you watch today game?? Timmy had one inning where he threw 7 f**king pitches!! Your logic is batters should go up to the plate and swing at anything thrown to them which is exactly what the Braves did and they have 2 hits, 14Ks and 0 runs to show for it
 7 years ago '09        #171
space
space
 Lex Lossis said:
yeah man the umpiring so far in the playoffs has been s**tty
that game should have gone about 12 innings, f**k the umps.

Last edited by That Guy Fly; 10-08-2010 at 12:06 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #172
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Lex Lossis said:
Cant blame it on one close call....Timmy had a great game and the Braves played horrible...Hopefully, our bats show up tomorrow
 7 years ago '09        #173
space
space
 titanreese said:
Ok so the Braves take your advice and tonight happens How the f**k are you comparing football to f**king baseball??? Hitting is about having a good eye and swinging at the best pitches you can you dumb muthaf**ker....Not going up to the plate and swinging at every f**king pitch. Did you watch today game?? Timmy had one inning where he threw 7 f**king pitches!! Your logic is batters should go up to the plate and swing at anything thrown to them which is exactly what the Braves did and they have 2 hits, 14Ks and 0 runs to show for it
Obviously, you didnt read or didnt understand. I wish I spoke DerrickRose and I could explain it to you better. But, the Braves had two plans of attack they could choose from and neither one would have worked because of how good Lincecum is.
Most teams like to come out in a game against a top pitcher and swing away and try to get to them early. So far its worked a couple times in the playoffs and a couple times it didnt.
The Twins swung away and got to CC early and often.
The Rangers swung away and got to David Price early and often.
The Reds swung away and Halladay almost had a perfect game
The Braves swung away and Lincecum had a shutout.

The key is you either get to them early and get runs or you make them work enough that you can get to their relievers quicker. The Braves just housed by a two time cy young award winner. I didnt expect the game to be more than 1-0 or 2-1 anyways and the 2-1 was if we got lucky and came up with hits.

Don't act like we didnt get some contact on him but we just didnt get enough of the balls because of how f**king good of a pitcher he is. Go back and count all the balls we just missed on that were popups and flies to the outfield.
 7 years ago '07        #174
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,797 | Props total: 14598 14598
 Bronx Goes Hard said:
I'll agree to disagree, he dropped that slider nicely.
Not every K was from his sliders. He threw a couple of high fastballs I mean the whole lineup swung at every damn thing. Linecum did pitch well though.
 7 years ago '09        #175
space
space
 TH35 said:
Not every K was from his sliders. He threw a couple of high fastballs I mean the whole lineup swung at every damn thing. Linecum did pitch well though.
you're right not all of them were sliders but 9 of 14 were.
 7 years ago '06        #176
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
I realize your trying to say this game fully belonged Timmy but with patience from our hitters, Timmy throws more pitches, has the chance to f**k up on a pitch or 2, less Ks more walks, and might have changed the outcome of the game. Your trying to put Timmy up has this unbelievable god of a pitcher and hes not. Batting coaches teaches to be an aggressive hitter but a SMART hitter. We had none tonight....We had to much swinging and not enough looking for the best pitch.

Tonight is over with and it was a pathetic showing from the Braves offense. Hopefully it will improve by tomorrow....Yall have a wonderful night :aloofandbored10:
 7 years ago '07        #177
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,797 | Props total: 14598 14598
 Fly 2ndComing said:
you're right not all of them were sliders but 9 of 14 were.
Yea it was a k!ller but our hitters did help by swinging at almost everything.
 7 years ago '06        #178
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
^^ Exactly....Thats all im saying...Timmy had a great night but our batters helped by swinging at everything thrown to them
 10-08-2010, 12:24 AM         #179
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TH35 said:
Where did I say all of his Ks were from sliders though? I said he dropped the slider nicely.
 7 years ago '05        #180
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
even if the Braves were more patient what would they have got?

a couple of more walks?

maybe a hit?

doubt it would have made a diff.

Lincecum threw a gem & keep the Braves off balance all night
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy